You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 227.

Friday, May 25th 2012, 11:18am

Author: vladdim

Healing Mechanics - re-posting formulas

Quoted from "Vihko;4132435" I can just remember that many times when some of my lower geared guild mates got suddently big boost to wisdom, effect was seen in either group heal or urgent, but another one showed no result even if he spammed both skills before and after, and in another one there was really big difference, which is confusing because concerning the formula only cast time should make effect of wisdom different for those two heals Read the explanation of Wisdom and the caps for burst...

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 2:33pm

Healing Mechanics - re-posting formulas

As there are often questions about the healing mechanics, decided to post again the formula ( which apart from some bugs during different patches, hasn't really changed since ch 2). Burst Heals: (final result of burst heals gets random bonus multipliers +6%/-6% so in fact the result is within 94-106% of the calculated value) [MagicPower] x (CastTime) x (ReceivedHeals) x [(Wisdom x 0.3 + mDamage x 0.5) x (IncreasedHealing) + HPI] + (SkillHeal x Received Heals x IncreasedHealing) To translate diff...

Monday, May 7th 2012, 1:52pm

Doing Alarm in DS

Quoted from "Yrcanos;4100878" Nope - the worms follow preset paths and only cause explosion if you touch the worm. Well, this is going offtopic but... Meaning no disrespect, but have you ever tried yourself to approach a worm with 52 toon? Try it and you'll see why almost all HotO runs were 1-3 even with Geba being an easy boss. Once 55, you can hug right wall and advance when worms change direction, but otherwise level difference puts penalty on aggro range resulting in explosion even if 1-2 s...

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:50am

Doing Alarm in DS

Quoted from "Yrcanos;4100467" HotO is a 55 instance. You can tell by the level of the quests associated with it and the level of the mobs inside along with the level of the drops. The reason I wrote 'if we don't count' - Though it was released with lvl cap 52, it is insanely hard for 52 chars - for example aggro range of exploding worms is sick if under 55, and taking down Medusa shield without 55 weps is exceptional feat. So indeed it should be rated as 55 - even though you can finish the asso...

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:33am

How good is your Warden?

Quoted from "Galenwaithien;4098841" So it is a physical skill in any way... Except that to conpletely avoid the damage you need magic immunity? And yet to mitigate its damage... You need pdef? Sounds very counterintuitive... I suppose rw messed it up? thanks anyways Before warden skill re-balancing, the class was meant as hybrid. Well, in RoM hybrids fail so this resulted in 2 dps combos using physical skills (wd/s and wd/m) that were falling behind with every new lvl cap after 55, 1 warmage (w...

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:06am

Doing Alarm in DS

Quoted from "Yrcanos;4100002" It seems to me that the original plan was that 1 person would be looting whilst the other 11 players in the raid would be killing the mobs. The original plan was splitting raid into 2 parties to kill and loot mini-bosses, then keep aggro from looters while they deactivate alarm pillars. As this was almost impossible to be done (especially for 2nd set of alarms, when mobs debuff with slow and stun), 'soulbound strategy' was used: group runs to platform in front of m...

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 12:45pm

Need help on bulding hybrid druid

Left RoM 2 months ago but doubt druid has any changes since then. Hybrid - you want the mAttack for daily/public farm, pvp, solo, helping lower geared parties up to KT (as you have no problems even to solo heal while sacrificing some of your healing capacity). GC and up your dmg is irrelevant and you have only support role (unless pure dps but then why druid?). If you keep boss debuffed (if no Sapping Arrow), you contribute more to party dps than spamming EA all day long . At least for me going ...

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 9:26am

Patch 4.0.7 - Festival of Fire

Quoted from "Arkadikos;3872107" So every r/x have the same elite skill ? Blind spot was bugged on r/s - on r/k worked fine - guess that's why they refer to that fix as elite skill - as it is fix for r/s combo.

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 8:54am

Returning to RoM

3 class system - you can switch at house maid between the possible dual class combos - 6 when you get 3rd class instead of only 2 like was before. But still you have only 1 primary and 1 secondary active after switch. Combos: - r/s best dps combo (was very well balanced for a long time, but atm is OP so in the future (ch5?) can be expected some severe nerf) - s/r - decent ranged dps, debuffs that help party a lot -s/wd - best Scout combo for pure dps -wd/s - decent dps, playable after ch4 fixes ...

Friday, January 6th 2012, 4:28pm

goblin grass? any use for it??

Tailoring / Armorcraft 65/70 - which were made obsolete by shell gear. Recommended use - NPC

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 5:58pm

Production, Gathering and Pet question

On Sio you can enjoy best world chat drama As for carpentry - better level it on low level alt. I have my d/s as herb and p/s as wood gatherer - to supply my cook. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to refine materials for carpentry craft above 60. Gatherers need high level so they have access to zones with high level material to level their refining skills. Most materials for craft come cheap from pet or planting. The crafter (carpenter) has no need of having high character level - only has to be t...

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 5:41pm

Need an opinion about druid combo.

Quoted from "nuudelimies;3848158" Vladdim, one lil' mistake earth pulse becomes frontal aoe only on m/d afaik :p My bad - it was for m/d side (weaker version of Phoenix) - as useless as d/m earth chain (Sandstorm is much better instant AoE while EA deals more single target damage) Quoted from "BMEroean;3848338" Isn't Frontal AoE for every D/x or x/D combo, but M/D that with its elites it becomes fan shaped? :p Usually when 'frontal AoE' is used, it describes cone shaped area of effect, Earth pu...

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 8:51am

Need an opinion about druid combo.

Quoted from "viiesforrompro;3846859" Ok, i know there are lot of threads about druid combos, and i have read them all but please hear me out. I still can`t decide what class should be my secondary. So please someone who have playd those combos or just knows a lot please share your experiences/opinion . I have narrowed it down to D/M and D/S. I mostly like to play as intebendent player thet can take care of himself most of the time. I like to have a combo that can heal and also deal some damage ...

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 3:46pm

Level 65+ crafting, only for top guilds?

Not sure if bags drop mats for 70 weps - so far besides recipes/bay necklaces got: - x3 lvl 61 mats for 70 armorcraft - x2 lvl 61 mats for 70 tailoring - x3 lvl 61 mats for 65 carpentry - x2 lvl 61 mats for 65 blacksmith Maybe just strange streak and bags actually may drop all lvl 61 mats but so far (40-ish bags) no white iron nail nor sigma stone (only mottled/ike)

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 2:47pm

Best accessories for mage

- offtopic/ @ Mumin: So posting a fact (shout from world chat) without even mentioning guild name, is badmouthing? Also VN is free - how to explain then the countless megas you spend in the evenings to explain that VN can be farmed by others only in the mornings (if you have no raid), evening are reserved for you only? And maybe the reason many people won't join your guild is your attitude? - and please do not look in every tread to flame and compensate for some ego problems

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 2:13pm

What should i take as third class? i'm a m/d

For 3rd class, if you choose /s or /w , you can swap to powerful healing combos (d/s, d/w) /w also gives you the chance to play for fun w/m with mage gear. So picking warrior, you can't go wrong (at least at current class balance) - great dps (m/w), great healer (d/w), great pvp mage (m/d) and fun combo (w/m) - 3 of them using same gear Quoted from "Kharadrius;3824227" M/S has only 1 useful elite still currently. Don't recommend this. If you mean Magic Crossflow, those are in fact 2 elites Just ...

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 1:37pm

Best accessories for mage

If you use Raksha set, you can swap 1 Ifur for ring of Demonic Destruction and still get both set bonuses. - Best option is still Aoth - at least on Sio practically unobtainable - seen while ago the guild claiming to hold exclusive farming rights on VN to offer on world hd neck for 500kk or 20k dias o.O - Juggler is 2nd choice - (even if cape is crap) - easier to obtain in hd if on your server many guilds are farming GC, price is comparable to that of 5000k memos needed on average for hd memo it...

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 3:33pm

How can y clime o house

Santa Nick - Silverfall : - From Snoop ride towards the nearest house, jump off the pile of logs on the low roof. - at far right end walk-jump on the big roof - next to chimney - mount - go to rooftop - there is narrow area where you won't slide down - facing the roof where Santa Nick is, find the place a bit to left and behind roof top (you need a bit of distance to successfully jump) where you are still not sliding down - mount jump on opposite roof hope this helps

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 10:51pm

Discussion Thread - Patch 4.0.6 - Snowflake Festival

All magic damage is increased exactly as stated - by 26% (1.3 to 1.6 multiplier) My Earth Arrow max crits went from 110k to 139k (old +12 t9 staff, no luck dropping White Iron Nail ), same progression with other damage skills on druid and priest that I tested.

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 9:52pm

Hall of Survivors questions

Doable with 4 if Warden's SotO can perform tanking duty