You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 792.

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 3:11am

Author: Cike

Rom-Welten no longer maintained?

IPv2 and another DB addon (i think) are written by one of the rom-welten team, so it's not like they have simply stopped everything. personally, i'd rather the DB addons be complete rather than the website if i had to make a choice.

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 10:58pm

Better explain for "(This skill stat will increase and decrease based on equipment and target strength)"

Quoted from "Unimatrix01" Hi there, It does what is says it does. Looking at my own Battle Monk Eliteskills ie Condensed Rage. If I wear Memento Cloth Gear with melee ghost-stats and arming myself with an axe I get very low HP (<1/20th) back when my monk get's attacked. If I am wearing full healer-gear with a staff I get more than 1/3th of my total HP back. Likewise with the eliteskill Fighting Spirit Combo after obtaining my lvl 60 Eliteskill. With Memento cloth gear with melee non-stats and a...

Wednesday, January 18th 2017, 3:55am

Resist, repel, absorb

Quoted from "Challenger" Knight skills are weird tho when rogues use evasion or dodge cape they dodge the knight skills but it says resistance. It still depends on dexterity but it says resistance above chars head instead of dodge. i'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that some knight skills do the "physical light damage" or w/e it is, which is a fancy way of saying "sorta magical damage". it would then make sense that it also follows the magical damage conventions.

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 10:18pm

Resist, repel, absorb

Quoted from "Aaralyna" Magical or physical damage of mainhand? Coz any other class with /warden had this briar Also as druid/warden in example. I never paid attention to values it gave Me and maths is a bad combo I could still check this particular briar repel tho i believe physical. iirc, it used a skill% of like 5% or something. the skill has also gone through multiple iterations, so something might have changed along the line.

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 12:06am

Resist, repel, absorb

Quoted from "Aaralyna" All that did was doing some % damage back to the target hitting you. Basically reflecting a part of its own damage back onto himself. it was actually based off of the mainhand damage of the warden that cast it (so no matter that hit you, you'd do approximately the same damage back every time).

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 7:59pm

Resist, repel, absorb

Quoted from "dizcorduzii" from US side: http://board.us.runesofmagic.gameforge.c…alk/#post649141 i dont know if up to date or if 100%, but this came to mind when i saw your question. Post 12 from Cike gives an order. Hope this helps a bit. full disclosure, that was mainly a guess, based on my perceived distribution of the various mechanics. I don't know of a good way of going about testing it aside from finding something with approximately equal chances for 2 of them and seeing which one procs ...

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 5:27pm

Old Damage formula not accurate anymore?

Quoted from "Moghwyn" Quoted from "Patser" Will keep trying to find the solution The formula above is for skill based damage. You seem to be testing white hits, those are calculated differently, among others your weapon skill level matters. this. if you use any of your skills, it should work fine. my previous post was a shot in the dark about how whitehits were calculated. apparently it is wrong. i couldn't find anything specifically about whitehits, but if you have a couple other weapons with ...

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 2:46am

Old Damage formula not accurate anymore?

try: 4.75*ADF*(char_screen_damage / weapon_speed). Spoiler simplified from: 2.75*ADF*((char_screen_damage / weapon_speed) + 2 * (char_screen_damage / weapon_speed) * 1.00) using your numbers, it looks like you were using a weapon with attack speed ~2.1. if this is way off, correct me please. theory failed.

Monday, December 12th 2016, 5:04am

see people in hide and under invi Towers!

i saw no definitive proof in either of the videos. were there some points of ambiguous RoM bugginess? it's siege, of course there were. was there any wrongdoing? i personally can't tell just from those videos.

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 12:29am

*see guy run behind a tree* -> *guy does not come out from behind tree* -> bomb the tree because a) he is just standing behind the tree, b) he is standing in an invis tower next to the tree, or c) he used an invis pot/hide while behind the tree and is now long gone. 2/3 of those scenarios can be solved by firing something at the tree. if you see numbers pop up, then they are behind the tree or invis, so keep firing. if no numbers, they are gone, and you don't need to waste time firing anymore. o...

Tuesday, November 29th 2016, 8:27am

it's not exactly rocket science to hit people in invis towers using a catapult. invis towers are stationary objects, and, for somebody paying attention (some bored newbie defender who was told to stand on the wall and watch for intruders), not that hard to reasonably guess where they are. since catapults are aoe, you just aim where you think the tower is and grats, apparently you are a hacker. once you know where a tower is, if you have somebody keeping an eye on it, it's honestly not worth knoc...

Thursday, September 29th 2016, 8:10am

General Class questions for two new players starting together

Quoted from "Cenre" Only viable one is m/w for dps. m/w is gonna suck for general questing/leveling though (especially since it's mainly burn oriented and is near m/nothing in terms of usability before you get some of the later elites). i'd stick with m/s, then pick warrior up as 3rd down the road if you decide you need the extra dps.

Wednesday, August 17th 2016, 7:12pm

Look who i found in Tasuq

so, does ambas spawn the normal lvl 37ish ice lizard when he is killed?

Monday, August 15th 2016, 8:26pm

Look who i found in Tasuq

wonder how many people know where he was (still is?) before.... the best thing is, he's still the same level.

Tuesday, June 28th 2016, 2:51am

Wl/mage AFK Allowed or not ?

Quoted from "Hardwell" We didn't want to talk about AFK players but about playing 2 characters on 1 computer, just by doing actions on the first one and then swapping windows etc.. last i checked (not a gm, don't sue me), for all intents and purposes, if the RoM window is not active, then the character is "AFK".

Tuesday, June 21st 2016, 8:05pm

+20 jewels regular in shop

Ooorrrrr they never release +20 again and we are all happy. Lvl 100 +16 looks better than lvl 90 +20, so we just need to get past this awkward transition and we are good.

Saturday, May 7th 2016, 10:06pm

Does Runes of Magic run on Ubuntu 14.04? Anybody being able to play on linux?

check the US forums, I am confident there is an English guide there (unless it got lost somehow). check user peryl. I'd grab a direct link myself, but I am on mobile ATM. good luck. Linux Guide US Forum (Kiranos was here)

Thursday, April 7th 2016, 9:21pm

Major Memory Leak (Player crash after traveling a lot)

just because they occasionally take pity on users, they still can't "officially" support addons to avoid the implications of a company being held responsible for user-created content.

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 6:33pm

Advanced Titles System

why not just make titles give base increase to all attributes? +1 all attr. would be along the same lines as +5hp, but I'd rather see something like +3 or +5 per title.

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 11:59pm

Put the +20 jewels in the IS at a fair price

that's not win/win. that is win/lose-so-bad-the-first-win-is-irrelevant.