You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, November 21st 2008, 4:15am

Here's one to move your casting bar. I now use 3 action bars and my casting bar overlaps one of them.

/script CastingBarFrame:ClearAllAnchors(); CastingBarFrame:SetAnchor("BOTTOM", "BOTTOM", WorldFrame, 0, -200);

Play with the numbers to move it somewhere else.

Friday, November 21st 2008, 4:24am

Quoted from "TheGooch;316601"

Here's one to move your casting bar. I now use 3 action bars and my casting bar overlaps one of them.

/script CastingBarFrame:ClearAllAnchors(); CastingBarFrame:SetAnchor("BOTTOM", "BOTTOM", WorldFrame, 0, -200);

Play with the numbers to move it somewhere else.

More win from TheGooch! Thanks!:mrcylinder:

As an FYI to people too- That moves the mining/herbalism/woodcutting/crafting timer bar.
ROFL @ GMHastur

[img][/img]

Friday, November 21st 2008, 4:30am

Quoted from "Stormbow;316605"

As an FYI to people too- That moves the mining/herbalism/woodcutting/crafting timer bar.

Yep, they are all the same bar when it comes to the RoM design. They just change the text on the bar whenever they need to display it for various things.

omnifas

Trainee

Friday, November 21st 2008, 5:15am

Since the text of "UI modifications" is in the parenthesis following "third party software tools", I assume that it is just supplementary information to explain what they meant by "Third party Software", since the addons runs from the RoM Client it isn't third party, so I think you can upload your addon, but I would check with support either way.
:purewin:One armed Bandit of Wicked Red, literally.:purewin:
[img][/img]
₪ :cheese: I Like Cheese :cheese: ₪
Omnifas 23/21(Inactive)
Ominous 30/26(Active)
Omnivox 10/09(Sleeps most of the time)

Friday, November 21st 2008, 5:29am

I already made a thread (over a month ago) asking when we can start testing the AddOn API's. I am still waiting for an official response from RuneWaker or Frogster.

The reason I say that releasing my AddOn could be considered a dis-service to the beta is because you wouldn't be testing the UI the way the company made it. While you are running any of my AddOns (and forget about them), you won't notice some changes (fixes) that the company puts in during future patches.

Also, currenty the game doesn't support a method of not loading AddOns once the build number changes (like WoW does). This means an AddOn designed to work with build 1786 will still be loaded with build 1799 and it may not work properly in a future build. This could cause problems for users and cause more work for the Company to figure out why some bugs are only being seen by some testers (and can't be reproduced in-house).

Friday, November 21st 2008, 8:37am

I think it's pretty ridiculous that the UI mod clause is in there at all. The official website lists UI modifications in Lua and xml format as a feature to be expected of the game. These scripts are all Lua, as TheGooch said, so there should be absolutely nothing wrong with any of this stuff.
ROFL @ GMHastur

[img][/img]

MichaelGade

Beginner

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 8:49pm

I have some troubles with the /wait 1 thingy.

If I use something like /cast A;/wait .8;/cast B aso.. all I get is the first /cast and a lot of "Cooling Down" messages.

Changing the above to /wait 1 will make it work 9 times out of 10. So to make sure ALL of my macro fires (in the order I want it to fire) I have to use /wait 1.4 ~ 1.5

I talked to people online who use /wait .7

Another problem I had was aggressive monsters. It goes a little something like this.
I target critter and attack. My char will then start to run towards the mob. At a certain range, the mob will "see" me, and start runing towards me. Result. We run right past each other, and half of my "Killer Macro" is wasted on "You must face opponent to attack".

Any ideas??

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 8:57pm

Quoted from "MichaelGade;319235"

I have some troubles with the /wait 1 thingy.

If I use something like /cast A;/wait .8;/cast B aso.. all I get is the first /cast and a lot of "Cooling Down" messages.

Changing the above to /wait 1 will make it work 9 times out of 10. So to make sure ALL of my macro fires (in the order I want it to fire) I have to use /wait 1.4 ~ 1.5

I talked to people online who use /wait .7

How's your ping? (use CTRL-X to show it). I'm wondering if lag is causing this.

Quoted from "MichaelGade;319235"

Another problem I had was aggressive monsters. It goes a little something like this.
I target critter and attack. My char will then start to run towards the mob. At a certain range, the mob will "see" me, and start runing towards me. Result. We run right past each other, and half of my "Killer Macro" is wasted on "You must face opponent to attack".

Any ideas??

I think this is a bug in the game. I have seen something like this as well (I fireball a critter, then run toward it while its running towards me, and it passes me). I think it might be possibly related to bad ping (lag) as well (but not 100% sure). The idea here is that the server and the client aren't communicating fast enough for the server to tell the client to stop the critter in time. By the time the client gets the stop message, the critter already ran too far.

This is just a theory, and not a fact though, so maybe someone else knows more on this subject.

MichaelGade

Beginner

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:14pm

My ping is about 200 ~ 250.

I dread that you are right, because I can do absolutely nothing about that.

If the skills where "stacked" (ala Star Wars Galaxies) the /wait command could be thrown to /dev/null, but I guess its a little too late for that :(

I allso see a lot of "Skill Requirement Error" when using /cast in macros, which meens you have to pay attention when fighting (that finishing "Punishment" is rather important :)

Daerken

Intermediate

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:48pm

Michael, I have no problems at all using a macro that casts 4 Holy Strikes, then Punishment and lastly Shield of Atonement. Never get any errors, I'll give you the code:
/cast Holy Strike
/wait 1
/cast Holy Strike
/wait 1
/cast Holy Strike
/wait 1
/cast Holy Strike
/wait 1
/cast Punishment
/wait 1
/cast Shield of Atonement

Very simple, but long macro lol. Should work flawlessly.

EDIT: Soz, didn't read your whole post lol
That has, as TheGooch said, to be based on lag. And if you have like 200-250 ms, there shouldn't be a problem, so I dunno...
[img][/img]
IGN: Daerken
Classes: 49 Priest/Mage 32 - New - Siochain

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 1:41am

I agree that 200-250 ping is good. Is that the ping you have when you see the problems or when standing around idle?

MichaelGade

Beginner

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 2:29pm

the 200'ish ping is pretty fixed, nomatter what I do.
And the problem was not the macro per se (that works), the problem was that this only work sometimes. With /wait 1 it works about 9 times in 10, but with /wait .7 or .8 it allmost never gets fired.
Do we know what the "optimum value is? How long IS the global cooldown?

Oh, and I use the Shield of Atonement FIRST, 'cause then you got a 3 second head start ;)

What I do right now is have the skills/spells present on the hotbar, that way I can see if anything dosnt get fired, and fire that manually.

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 7:15pm

Here's a new one to move the "Equipment Damaged" graphics. Play with the numbers to your liking:

/script EquipDameFrame:ClearAllAnchors(); EquipDameFrame:SetAnchor("BOTTOMRIGHT", "BOTTOMRIGHT", WorldFrame, -20, -150);

Daerken

Intermediate

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 7:18pm

Thanks, that one has REALLY been bothering me...
[img][/img]
IGN: Daerken
Classes: 49 Priest/Mage 32 - New - Siochain

syndreamer

Intermediate

• "syndreamer" started this thread

Monday, November 24th 2008, 3:23am

Gooch, you are the macro god.....

Monday, November 24th 2008, 6:22pm

Ok, here's another one. This one will move that scrolling text to wherever you want it (play with the numbers):

Source code

/script ScrollBannerFrame:ClearAllAnchors(); ScrollBannerFrame:SetAnchor("BOTTOMRIGHT", "BOTTOMRIGHT", WorldFrame, -214, -136);
And to test it, use this:

Source code

/script ScrollBannerFrame_AddMessage("Testing Scrollbar location...");

Update: My Wife thought some people would like to disable this scrollbar altogether. If you do, use this:

Source code

/script ScrollBannerFrame:Hide();

To re-enable the scrollbar:

Source code

/script ScrollBannerFrame:Show();

Monday, November 24th 2008, 9:47pm

Best thread ever.
ROFL @ GMHastur

[img][/img]

omnifas

Trainee

Monday, November 24th 2008, 11:56pm

Quoted from "Stormbow;322927"

Best thread ever.

Best thread ever!?, you mean Worst thread ever.

Nah, I'm just kidding

Not Best thread ever

Best thread PERIOD.

By the way Thegooch is there any way to open multiple menus thru the /script command?
Like Character and Backpack, all of them, etc.
:purewin:One armed Bandit of Wicked Red, literally.:purewin:
[img][/img]
₪ :cheese: I Like Cheese :cheese: ₪
Omnifas 23/21(Inactive)
Ominous 30/26(Active)
Omnivox 10/09(Sleeps most of the time)

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 12:55am

It can probably be done, but I'm at work right now so I can't look into it. I wrote an AddOn (called Inventory Viewer) that shows all the backpacks/banks/house chests of all of my characters (each character has a tab). It's one big UI. This way I can see what my mule characters are holding, and compare items, etc.

Edit:
I had posted this info in another thread a while back:
http://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=7766&page=2

Right now you can make your bank pop up (no matter where you are) using:

Source code

/script ShowUIPanel(BankFrame);
You can see in the house chest like this:

Source code

/script HouseStorageManagerFrame.StorageFrameTable[1]:Show()
(but it only works if you've already opened your house chest during this logon)

Open your character frame like this:

Source code

/script CharacterFrame:Show();
In case it wasn't obvious from my prevous postings, you can stack multiple items under one /script command (but the macro's only allow a certain number of characters):

To show bag, bank, and character window in one macro:

Source code

/script ShowUIPanel(BagFrame); ShowUIPanel(BankFrame); ShowUIPanel(CharacterFrame);
Disclaimer: DO NOT TRY TO MOVE ITEMS AROUND IN THE BANK OR TAKE/PUT ITEMS IN THE BANK WHEN USING THE ABOVE METHOD. YOU WILL BE DISCONNECTED. You are not really connected to the bank to make other API calls and the game will recognize that and disconnect you.

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 5:55pm

Quoted from "TheGooch;319257"

How's your ping? (use CTRL-X to show it). I'm wondering if lag is causing this.

I think this is a bug in the game. I have seen something like this as well (I fireball a critter, then run toward it while its running towards me, and it passes me). I think it might be possibly related to bad ping (lag) as well (but not 100% sure). The idea here is that the server and the client aren't communicating fast enough for the server to tell the client to stop the critter in time. By the time the client gets the stop message, the critter already ran too far.

This is just a theory, and not a fact though, so maybe someone else knows more on this subject.

Humm i think this is more related to how behaviour is coded, i used to see this allot too (and of course i "exploited" it) in 9Dragons. I think its more like:
You attack with range
Mob runs towards XX:YY (your coordinates when you casted)
If you move, the mob will still run towards that location, and only after reaching that location will it readjust.
(i used this in 9Dragons to "kyte" with a melee character ^_^, basically i casted a ranged skill, ran towards the mob, started hitting it all the way to the place where i had casted, and only then would the mob turn around. Of course this only works on mobs without any type of ranged attacks)

On the Thread, great job!
[img][/img]
"Virtute et armis"