You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JoostRoM

Intermediate

• "JoostRoM" started this thread

Friday, April 20th 2012, 11:44am

Warden/Scout's utility in a party

Hello community,

I've been very interested in the class combination Warden/Scout lately. I'm a Scout/Warden myself and I'm thinking of swapping my class combination around to Warden/Scout when my Scout/Warden's gear is sufficient. I'm starting to like Warden/Scout because he can use Chiron the Centaur, uses 2-handed weapons and that he can adapt to the current situation with his Physical Defense or Physical Damage buff. Although I'll be mostly using the Physical Damage buff since I'll be focussing on DPS.

I'd like to ask two questions to the community which are the following:
Can a Warden/Scout keep up in terms of DPS (including Centaur) when compared to the other DD classes? (e.g. R/S, S/Wd, W/Wd, etc.)

Would Warden/Scout be a nice addition to the party because of his DPS and Morale Boost (Damage and Magical Damage increase so the party) skill?

I'm hoping for answers to these questions from experienced players who know what they're talking about.

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

JoostRoM
Elves, the Scout/Warden.

Friday, April 20th 2012, 12:46pm

Quoted from "JoostRoM;4072438"

Can a Warden/Scout keep up in terms of DPS (including Centaur) when compared to the other DD classes? (e.g. R/S, S/Wd, W/Wd, etc.)

I don't think so but the difference will not be that big.

Quoted from "JoostRoM;4072438"

Would Warden/Scout be a nice addition to the party because of his DPS and Morale Boost (Damage and Magical Damage increase so the party) skill?

Definetely, I would say that morale boost + nature's crystal buff will reward your lack of DPS comparing to mentioned classes, in the end there should not be any difference between you and them.

Am I the only priest using Hatred X in my weapon... ?

Friday, April 20th 2012, 12:59pm

On Bosses you will most likely fall behind, but you will support your party much with Morale Boost and Crystal buffs (in many situations more useful than Chiron).
On Trash you will just own everyone in dmg, srsly the Wd/S AoE damage is pure insanity.
Druffbaum Warrior/Warden/Scout and Baumschmuser Druid/Scout

Friday, April 20th 2012, 9:06pm

As stated previously, party buffs, frantic briar and CC skills can be very useful
[img][/img]

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 11:20am

If you bothering your self with scrut and damage done you will probably be unhappy... So download scrut with centaur damage and you will have better picture... As Druff say on Trash mob groups you will own and im 100% sure that Wd/Sc is best trash mob clearer in all game, almost that is one of more important work of Wd/Sc... Morale Boost will make you party buffer so is also one awesome thing to be... On boss fight you as Wd/Sc will probably never make damage like other classes, but if played and buffed correct in total with your centaur you can be no1 damage dealer... Always have in minda that we have pets, that is why we look bit noobish if we don't play with some pet or don't play him right... But ofc Wd/Sc is hard to learn class, it took me like 8 months and lot of mathematics to understand my Wd/Sc and learn to play him at max... Long story short, yeah you will be one of the most important members of party and with Centaur you will be no1 dd or at least close to other classes...
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.