You are not logged in.

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 7:32pm

Best Warden secondary for DPS?

Hey all!

As per title - which secondaries are the most viable as DPS?

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 9:13pm

Forum wisdom suggests Wd/S, or perhaps R/Wd or W/Wd.

Wd/S gives the option of ranged DPS as S/Wd, W/Wd gives the option of tanking as Wd/W.

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 1:37am

I'd say without hesitation warrior 2nd and scout as 3rd. If you can bear the grind the lvl70 elite for wd/w is amazing. Also, patk buffs for w/wd side are just plain op, on par with w/m stackable buff. Wd/S and S/wd can hold their own and are a lot more fun but the other combos own it in burst dps.

Friday, June 28th 2013, 11:11am

Warden/scout, Warrior/Warden, Rogue/Warden. All pretty good imo.

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 1:49pm

Also, patk buffs for w/wd side are just plain op, on par with w/m stackable buff.
Hm not sure what you mean by this? You mean external buffs like the D/W -Awakening of the Wild?

I don't understand why patk buffs would be better for one class than they are for another (assuming they're both physical damage dealers)?

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 3:00pm

Also, patk buffs for w/wd side are just plain op, on par with w/m stackable buff.
Hm not sure what you mean by this? You mean external buffs like the D/W -Awakening of the Wild?

I don't understand why patk buffs would be better for one class than they are for another (assuming they're both physical damage dealers)?
Probably, he means that as a war/ward you have 2 p atk buffs that stack. If I remember correctly, you have 'berserk' from your warrior side, and 'savage power' from your warden side. As such, for a short duration, war/ward can reach very high p atk values.

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 3:44pm

Ah, I misunderstood.

Here's a question - how do you keep your mana up as a Warden? I'm only low level (21) but I feel like I run out of mana after one mob spamming Charged Chop.

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 4:14pm

I find a Warden eats through Mana in exactly the same way as Pythagoras didn't eat Beans.

Mana Potions are probably the way forward.

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 5:08pm

Here's a question - how do you keep your mana up as a Warden? I'm only low level (21) but I feel like I run out of mana after one mob spamming Charged Chop.
While leveling, keep Charged Chop a few levels below (don't upgrade it every time you level up). And dirty statting a piece of gear (cape, for example), goes a long way.
IMHO by level 60, you should have two pieces of gear statted with wisdom, and keep them until you are able to buy a full set of runes containing wisdom (potential? enlightment?). Phirius pots and mana pots help too.

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 7:41pm

While leveling, keep Charged Chop a few levels below (don't upgrade it every time you level up). And dirty statting a piece of gear (cape, for example), goes a long way.
Hmm . . . I was considering spending some cash on diamonds and trying to buy one of those item shop capes with tons of stats from the auction house. You can wear those from level 1 I think?

Do the stats get scaled down or anything? Seems like it would make leveling a lot faster.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AntitheistPOV" (Jun 29th 2013, 7:46pm)

Tuesday, July 2nd 2013, 11:39am

I was considering spending some cash on diamonds and trying to buy one of those item shop capes with tons of stats from the auction house. You can wear those from level 1 I think?

Do the stats get scaled down or anything? Seems like it would make leveling a lot faster.
I think u mean wings... if so, yes you can use from lvl 1, yes will help a lot during questing (specially when most of yuor gear is crap) and no, there is no such thing as stats scaleing down, you will get whatever is statted...
Skill before Gear = Ini is clear !!! Gear before Skill = the end is near !!!
Wd/S, Wd/W, W/Wd - Illsitir

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 12:13pm

Warden/scout, Warrior/Warden, Rogue/Warden. All pretty good imo.

Warden/Rogue ist not that bad either. And Warden/Warrior of course too ....

To the original poster:
- You do use the Oak Spirit - even if totally unskilled? Doesn't make that much damage but it's free and it saves a lot of red pots;-)
- Whatever you have es sencondary class, use their skill/s too - especially if it's not a mana class;-)
- You do get the elite skills ASAP? Many of the Dmg skills use the ressource fo the secondary class.

Just spamming "Charged Chop" doesn't make that much of DPS later on anyways. Yes, I know, one doesn't need really more while levelling but it was (and apparently is) pretty mana-consuming - blue pots FTW^^
Burning Eyes, Rath, Bew100/Kr100/Ku100/Dr100/Sch100/M74 - Kettenträger FTW^^
If you get the number one, the only way is down! --- Adam Ant
Cojones kann man nicht kaufen! --- unknown
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fsck the prom queen. --- John Patrick Mason
For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying. --- Gandalf, the White