You are not logged in.

larcera

Trainee

• "larcera" started this thread

Thursday, December 18th 2014, 12:53pm

[Guide] EndGame Rogue(/mage)

Firstly, I'd like to say that I am on an under populated server, where only in the last year have we been able to farm the current instance. The highest ranked guild on the server is still under 3k guild points, and there are (roughly) less than 5 active players with iron blood will, atleast that I know of.

It's important to note that no other rogue/X combo has enough damage to do well at endgame(AFAIK), so r/m is the only one I will actually talk about.

Gearing: There are a few different ways to gear up to endgame, I'll list a few, but probably not all. The idea is to get as much Patt and crit as you can find. Almost everything you wear should be patt/crit based, unless you can find dmg.then use dmg based gear.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Rogues rarely need very much HP, Personally I have 70k hp unb and can buff to 150k in inis. Statting almost any stam is bad.

Statting:
I personally stat with as many Dex/patt as I can, and fill what I can't get with str/patt. Usually I end up at 4/2 dex/patt with str/patt.
although a 5/1 or 3/3 could also be used. This will lower your dodges compared to 6 dex stats, but if you want more dex you should be making pvp gear and statting it for dodges. You should almost never be taking physical hits in inis.

Half Hardmode Gearing:
This consists of Getting the hardmode 4 part set that has an Upper, the inis are 70/75/80/85/90. Preferably Lasoyls/Yinajo, not sure what the 90 sets are yet. The rest of your gear should be patt/crit items, such as gloves/cape/belt. Legs should be the dmg ones from pillars easy.

Full Hardmode Gearing:
This is getting the 4 part patt/crit set like lasoyls or yinajo, and also getting the 4 part set from either pillars or belathis. This will give optimal damage when compared with any other set, and I would personally use it. Some think that the crit trade off is not worth it. as you will likely lose 1-2 items worth of crit. The Patt would be made back pretty much by the set bonus.

Pom Gearing:
This can be expensive depending on your server, and probably not worth it. If you do have the cash for going for a full pom set, then you don't really need to read about accesories and cape. Same things apply though, try to keep as much patt and crit as possible.

Normal mode gearing:
This is a good way to gear if your server has only started, or you have almost no access to hardmode gear. In each 80/85/90 ini there is a normal mode gear set that 4 of the 7 items give patt/crit as their green stats. Use these 4 items and try to find the less used patt/dmg upper from any hardmode inis. Alternatively the lvl 72 pom upper has patt/dmg. Again fill in what you don't have with patt/crit items.

Accessories:
The best necklace that isnt to do with EARTH HALL is currently lvl 87 patt/crit necklace from codex. Earrings are Either from hardmode instances or Bethomia speed are still quite good. Rings can be gotten from pillar any mode has good rings (patt/crit).
Cape should be 90 crafted
Belt also 90 crafted patt/crit
gloves can be 90 crafted I think they have patt/crit too.

Weapons:
The most used weapon at the moment is a sandos claw. I have a t12+17 sandos clawm but anything from t11+16 should be plenty for good dps. Keep in mind the higher your tier on dagger the more dps you have. and it multiplies, not adds. so 10% more is really more like 30% in burn. Offhand should probly be a 1.8 attack speed dagger, such as Barrier Dagger.

Thanks to Thandraug for adding in runes section:

Runes are ENORMOUSLY important, the runes you'd need for maximum Physical attack are:

Armour/Accessory/Wings runes, This affects 14 pieces of gear.

Massacre VII: 125 dex and 312 Patt (474 Patt)
Enigma VII: 125 strength and 312 Patt (462 Patt)
Assassin VII: 103 Strength and 103 Dexterity (227 Patt)
Madness VII: 170 Patt and 68 Int (170 Patt)

Alternatives to the madness;
Tyrant VII: 103 Strength and 103 Stamina (123 Patt) Larceraa is right that more hp barely helps in the latest content (as far as we've seen on our server at least), but trading off 50 attack for 500 hp per piece isn't completely mad, more hp is more survivability, will help in a non nuke party (like when SOMEONE forgets enchanted throw :P)
Revolution X is better than Madness VII for attack (and it can be increased with hero potion), but I see this as more an entry level guide, so all tiers listed are as they are sold in the Item Shop.

Weapon runes:
Raid (SUPER IMPORTANT): Raid affects attack speed, and therefore all damage dealt by you (you're not a mage, raid will increase the size of your hits as well as frequency.)
Reconciliation: Lowers aggro dealt by you, should be pretty obvious, rogue can't tank, so you want as little aggro as possible, Tier 7 seems to cut it with most tanks.
Wrath/Fatal: Wrath is Physical Damage, and Fatal is physical crit rate, these should be main hand only if you choose to use them, Damage and crit aren't global (you aren't a mage!). Note however these runes don't scale, so they are getting less significant as the game progresses, don't go crazy with tier, better spend that gold on an amazing pair of Raid runes.

Your offhand should use raid and reconciliation, but you can use runes like the rest of your gear in the final 2 slots, for attack

Skills:
I will put these into a list based on priority. First though you should get each of these skills to 50 before leveling them further.

Nimble hands(Makes all skill stronger)
Throw (Most used skill as enchanted throw procs from Throw's skill dmg)
Wound Attack
Low Blow
Shadow stab/Backstab
Combo Throw
Create opportunity and informer
Anything else

Buffing:
buff order should be roughly as such:

Informer(optional, depending on if another rogue has it maxed and you don't)
Caviar sandwhich - Maid or crafted (I'll include a macro which uses whichever one you have, without having to change your hotbar)
WA ISS
Music! (either tamb or lute. coordinate with your party! you can play music while buffing, just not 1 second before the end of playing)
Strong Stimulant
Potion of anhialation(crafted or from codex)
70 Elite
Your Siege Title skill. (Iron blood will being the best. coordinate with your party to decide what else you use)
Create opportunity
Dmg cape(from Varanas nightmare, will include macro later)
Premeditation
Assassins rage

Long Term buffs:
Varanas Earth hall buff - 3% patt.
Housemaid buff - 6% patt and 1k
Guild buff towers
Rhino blood - Codex
War insignia - Codex
Enchated Throw - 15 Elite
RT ISS(optional, as is not great)
Str/dex Wedding food
All Attribute Wedding food
Patt food - (Fish fillet with pepper, currently best)
Grassland - from Codex
Hero potion - Crafted
Zodiac pets, either all attributes or HP if you think you are a bit low on HP.
Pet

Pet:
Should be dark, lvl 50+ is good.
Start it at a low lvl and level apptitude first. Then level it to 50, and get all of the combat related skills to lvl 5. Probly good to look at a pet guide yourself.

Thanks to ChipTM for reminding me of badge Title system and dreamland amulets!

Badge titles:
should be done similar to dailies, every day etc untill maxed title level (4) they start in silverspring just after the bridge and follow that quest line back to the classhall. They are worth about 8k+ patt when full buffed. and some crit or dmg, 100 ish of each. Mages get +4% fire dmg :P

Dreamland amulets:
Dreamland amulets will proc on combat and depending on the amulet, can give +10%??? patt in burn. These are very worth it when you are trying to clear something new.

Actual rotation in a boss fight:
Buff up about 10 seconds out from the count down.
attack about half a second after the tank does.
Your first attack should be the "Attack" button. You should spam this all throughout the fight.
after about 1 second, start to use rogue skills.
RogueComboq Will help you leech bleeds, but will apply them if necessary.
While your Wound attack is on cooldown you should use either a Low Blow spam or Backstab spam. Using Energy pots mid fight should ensure you dont miss Wound Attack!
if the fight lasts longer than 30 seconds you should hit Fervent attack to rebuff some attack speed.

Macros:

Caviar sandwich macro, credit to Fancypantsy. will use housekeepers if it has, else uses normal. will not use both:

/use Housekeeper Special Caviar Sandwich
/use Caviar Sandwich

This is for using dmg cloak from vn:

/script UseItemByName("Aoth Strike Cape")
/wait .1
/script UseEquipmentItem(5)
/wait .3
/script UseEquipmentItem(5)
/wait .4
/script UseItemByName("insert your cape's name here")

I have played r/m for only a year now. I have achieved up to 3.9mil dps in a grotto party with only 2 other dps. None of us had Iron blood will.
And that's it! That is how an endgame Rogue(/mage) plays at Endgame.
"Game moderators are like the police. They're always gonna catch you doing something wrong, but can never help out when something wrong is done to you" - yoda

Retired until further notice

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "larcera" (Dec 19th 2014, 1:06am)

Thandraug

Beginner

Thursday, December 18th 2014, 2:55pm

Thought I'd add in;
Runes are ENORMOUSLY important, the runes you'd need for maximum Physical attack are:

Armour/Accessory/Wings runes, This affects 14 pieces of gear.

Massacre VII: 125 dex and 312 Patt (474 Patt)
Enigma VII: 125 strength and 312 Patt (462 Patt)
Assassin VII: 103 Strength and 103 Dexterity (227 Patt)
Madness VII: 170 Patt and 68 Int (170 Patt)

Alternatives to the madness;
Tyrant VII: 103 Strength and 103 Stamina (123 Patt) Larceraa is right that more hp barely helps in the latest content (as far as we've seen on our server at least), but trading off 50 attack for 500 hp per piece isn't completely mad, more hp is more survivability, will help in a non nuke party (like when SOMEONE forgets enchanted throw :P)
Revolution X is better than Madness VII for attack (and it can be increased with hero potion), but I see this as more an entry level guide, so all tiers listed are as they are sold in the Item Shop.

Weapon runes:
Raid (SUPER IMPORTANT): Raid affects attack speed, and therefore all damage dealt by you (you're not a mage, raid will increase the size of your hits as well as frequency.
Reconciliation: Lowers aggro dealt by you, should be pretty obvious, rogue can't tank, so you want as little aggro as possible, Tier 7 seems to cut it with most tanks.
Wrath/Fatal: Wrath is Physical Damage, and Fatal is physical crit rate, these should be main hand only if you choose to use them, Damage and crit aren't global (you aren't a mage!). Note however these runes don't scale, so they are getting less significant as the game progresses, don't go crazy with tier, better spend that gold on an amazing pair of Raid runes.

Your offhand should use raid and reconciliation, but you can use runes like the rest of your gear in the final 2 slots, for attack

EDIT: Someone just reminded me that Revo is better than madness cause Madness is sold in IS 1 tier lower

Madness VII (205 patt)
Revolution VIII (151 patt)
But
the dexterity on Revolution is affected by Hero potion (20%), Wedding
food (7-10%), Warlock's buff (6%) and All attribute zodiacs (5%)
THEY FIXED SCOUT, OMG

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Thandraug" (Dec 19th 2014, 6:01pm)

ChipTM

Trainee

Thursday, December 18th 2014, 4:24pm

Good job on the guide, will be good for peoplel to read as saw so many who don't know about potion of annihilation(which i use later on as is only 20 sec), not to mention vn cape, or buffing while playing music. Don't forget to add tranquility potion:), also can mention dreamland amulets + Nightmare add-on, + badge titles system somewhere.
As for premeditation you can use in combat on r/m but i stopped using it as i feel skill is bugged, when i played r/s at level 75 i remember i used to start with premeditation and 3x wound attack crits (leaching bleeds), but now sometimes even got 0 crits.
Chipftw

larcera

Trainee

• "larcera" started this thread

Friday, December 19th 2014, 12:44am

Tranquility doesn't stack with Energy pot, so I never use it since I'd lose dps, and a r/m with 2 recons is rarely near the tanks agro.
with anhilation potion you are right, use slightly later in the buff sequence, Also the dreamland amulets and badge title system :D
Will add the macros I promised in now too!
"Game moderators are like the police. They're always gonna catch you doing something wrong, but can never help out when something wrong is done to you" - yoda

Retired until further notice