You are not logged in.

PhoenixLion

Intermediate

• "PhoenixLion" started this thread

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 12:24pm

Itemshop Idea: TP Extraction Charm

TP is very important and if you start a new char, or switch main class on your char, it's annoying to have lost invested TP. That's why I thought of a TP Extraction Charm.

What should it do?
Equip it and click on it to extract % TP and set all your divided TP to 0. The (unbound) %TP orb gets put in your backpack to be used on whatever char or class.

I would suggest 3 types of Extraction charms:
  1. 5% TP extraction charm (also available for tokens)
  2. 30% TP extraction charm (only dia's)
  3. 60% TP extraction charm (only dia's)

So basically a combination of an Advanced Reset Skill and Talent Charm. Price should be higher then those items.
Btw I'm very bad with numbers, so the suggested % can be adjusted :P. The general idea is make the lowest % extraction charm also available for tokens.
Elyne Mage 97 / Rogue 97 / Priest 82 / Warrior 70
Blacksmith 97 / Mining 96+
Guild Mortalsouls on Agenor
Mortalsouls Facebook

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PhoenixLion" (May 28th 2014, 12:30pm)

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 12:26pm

interesting idea, my main char has 500kk tp, and my alts only have 200kk on its primary and secondaries even less -.- would be nice to be able to send tp for sure, +1 to this suggestion.

achilleas1

Intermediate

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 10:53am

the idea is quite promising and +1 from me.

although i would prefer to extract an amount of TP from your free TP pool and put into orb. so its up to u to use a reset stone and "enlarge" ur pool before using orb. in general the combined-items idea is bad. see for example when we had promo of class expansion ticket + the lvl-30/40/50 exp pills. noone liked them, they were just there to increase the item-price.

one last thing though. think abit about the abuse that is going to happen with alts lvling up with questing 50-85 on quests. we all know that quests are the main source of TP for a character. we all know that quests r limited. we would all want more quests (especially those 3kk+ per) but we dont have. i believe that this item will flood rom with alt toons that will quest on one class only in order to do full epic line and gain tremendous amount of TP, passing them after to main too. just food for thought.

cheers, fin

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 11:00am

Didn't really think about that, damn exploiters :3 maybe there us some way they could limit it to tp from only dailies and and/or make this item usable once per week or something. Still think its a great idea though.

PhoenixLion

Intermediate

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 1:43pm

:) Unfortunately think that a lot of items can be vulnerable to exploit. I was just hoping that resetting all skills to 0 would work against it. Because I would imagine if you abused it on alts it would get annoying having to divide your TP of the skills again (and again).

I just tried to think of an item that could re-use TP. If Runewaker (or someone else) thinks of alternative I'd be happy too :).
Mortalsouls Facebook

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 3:47pm

No, the current tp orbs are crap. These would be useful.

PhoenixLion

Intermediate

Friday, May 30th 2014, 9:28am

It's more an addition to it. With the current TP charms you can farm (a limited amount) TP. You equip and farm new TP. With the charms I thought of, people who for instance switch:
  • main class
  • secondary class
  • complete character

can extract the already build up TP from the old classes to re-use it. Right now if someone would use Fruit of Forgetting on a class he/she played on for 3-5 years, all the build up TP would dissapear. With these items you can secure some of that TP.

And also people who farmed to much TP on main class can extract some for their other classes (or alts).
Mortalsouls Facebook

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Friday, June 19th 2015, 3:34pm

Forwarded

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers