You are not logged in.

Saturday, April 16th 2016, 11:59am

[Andor Training] Arena Final Wave

[Andor Training Arena] What's the last wave?

While playing the minigame "Andor Training" you can choose one of two modes:

Timed
You get 3:30 minutes to go through as many waves as possible..
Or
Arena
See here lies my question.. :S

According to the wiki there are only 10 waves...
However I've always gone far beyond wave 10, I usually end up at wave 15 before I lose.. :/
This means I don't get any certificates and thus no goodies ;(

So,
If the last wave isn't 10, then what is it?
How many waves do you have to do to get the certificates?

Cheers :)

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Vastrix" (Apr 16th 2016, 2:55pm)

Saturday, April 16th 2016, 1:37pm

if you have gone beyond wave 10, you are in Timed mode. In Arena mode there are only 10 waves, with no time limit. The maximum score you can get in timed mode is 10,001 (something like 24 waves). In Arena mode the max is something over 3,500.

Saturday, April 16th 2016, 2:44pm

if you have gone beyond wave 10, you are in Timed mode. In Arena mode there are only 10 waves, with no time limit. The maximum score you can get in timed mode is 10,001 (something like 24 waves). In Arena mode the max is something over 3,500.
Well... I'm not lying.. :p
I'm in arena mode (I clicked Arena when the guy asked me) and there's no timer..
so yea..

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Morieth

Trainee

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 2:27pm

Well I have encountered the opposite problem. I wanted to do timed but it put me in arena instead. It happened 3 times in a row, so I just gave up on Andor game completely:D
The voices made me do it...42.
Mage/Druid/Rogue/Warrior/Warden/Scout 99/99/Ummm/99/82/something low

Sunday, April 17th 2016, 10:00pm

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply you were lying, only that you might have been mistaken. Sounds like they managed to mix up the modes somehow in a recent patch (been a while since I did Andors now). If you get a clock, that is timed mode. There is no clock in arena mode. I'll check high scores next time I log in, interested to see if those are messed up now too.

NoNameFound

Professional

Occupation: Once a gatherer... / Accidentally causing another to spend ress amulets

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 8:24am

I think I didn't play this for years, so no idea how applicable it is (my high score reset while others' was, BTW and I've never managed to become any close to it after)

But I wanted to add I experienced the same issue in the past, and that it was some years ago. Sometimes I've got good rewards, sometimes not.

I know the difference between the modes and was playing both modes in the past, BTW. It surprised me much on 1st time it happened, BTW and I think on that time I did 12-13 waves. Some friends/guild members experienced the same around that time.
Also, IIRC, and I am not sure of that, it didn't happen on all times since 1st.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoNameFound" (Apr 19th 2016, 8:30am)

Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 2:49pm

Well I have encountered the opposite problem. I wanted to do timed but it put me in arena instead. It happened 3 times in a row, so I just gave up on Andor game completely:D
This isn't exactly the opposite of what I stated in the first post, but I've had this issue as well.. (but the other way around)