You are not logged in.

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 4:22pm

Resist, repel, absorb

What are the differences between the effect of many support/defensive skill like resist, repel and absorb? How they work?
Searius - R/S

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 5:02pm

from US side:
http://board.us.runesofmagic.gameforge.c…alk/#post649141

i dont know if up to date or if 100%, but this came to mind when i saw your question.
Post 12 from Cike gives an order.
Hope this helps a bit.

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 5:51pm

mmm that post is more about parry, miss and dodge

I was wondering about resist effect provided by wl skill "sace embrance" for example.

ty anyway ;)
Searius - R/S

Wednesday, January 11th 2017, 7:59pm

from US side:
http://board.us.runesofmagic.gameforge.c…alk/#post649141

i dont know if up to date or if 100%, but this came to mind when i saw your question.
Post 12 from Cike gives an order.
Hope this helps a bit.

full disclosure, that was mainly a guess, based on my perceived distribution of the various mechanics. I don't know of a good way of going about testing it aside from finding something with approximately equal chances for 2 of them and seeing which one procs more.

@OP: i haven't seen repel, but unless they've changed/added things, resist comes from magical "miss" and "dodge", while absorb pops from nearly anything that grants immunity to damage (mainly the newer immunes i've noticed. the older ones might still proc "immune"). somebody more knowledgeable will have to comment on the nuances of the mechanics.
CIKE - S/D/R

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Cike" (Jan 11th 2017, 8:17pm)

Challenger

Intermediate

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 11:09am

saces' embrace is an absorb skill, gives an x amount of dmg to absorb to all in designated area, i have it on 50 lvl so it just gives 17k dmg absorb

Challenger, Oldass

Vidar(ew)

DEACTIVATE WISHING WELL NPCS !!!!

Fearcappers: In recognition of your overwhelming victory, let's call it a draw

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

Aaralyna

Professional

Friday, January 13th 2017, 7:26pm

Hey Searius :)

I think repel is no longer in game (descriptions changed). I remember that the warden Briar Shield used to have "repel" in its description. All that did was doing some % damage back to the target hitting you. Basically reflecting a part of its own damage back onto himself.

Resistance seems to be a value you can change with some skills (think of d/r skill). Till a certain value they resist and thus taking only a part of your damage, ignoring the full damage you did to target. This one also seems connected with pdef/mdef of target and accuracy of the attacker.

Absorb seems to be more of an immunity till a certain value.
Aneíyaa (D/W/Wd/S/M/R) - Infierno (Ionsai)
Aneiyaa (D/W/Wd/S/M/R) and more alts (Siochain) :P
Proud Guild Leader of Crimsonmaddness (Sio) and Infierno (Ion)
Proud Queen of Infierno (Sio)

My site with guides:
http://anepedia.proboards.com/

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 12:06am

All that did was doing some % damage back to the target hitting you. Basically reflecting a part of its own damage back onto himself.

it was actually based off of the mainhand damage of the warden that cast it (so no matter that hit you, you'd do approximately the same damage back every time).
CIKE - S/D/R

Aaralyna

Professional

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 5:23pm

Magical or physical damage of mainhand? Coz any other class with /warden had this briar ^^ Also as druid/warden in example. I never paid attention to values it gave :P Me and maths is a bad combo :) I could still check this particular briar repel tho ^^
Aneíyaa (D/W/Wd/S/M/R) - Infierno (Ionsai)
Aneiyaa (D/W/Wd/S/M/R) and more alts (Siochain) :P
Proud Guild Leader of Crimsonmaddness (Sio) and Infierno (Ion)
Proud Queen of Infierno (Sio)

My site with guides:
http://anepedia.proboards.com/

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 10:18pm

Magical or physical damage of mainhand? Coz any other class with /warden had this briar ^^ Also as druid/warden in example. I never paid attention to values it gave :P Me and maths is a bad combo :) I could still check this particular briar repel tho ^^

i believe physical. iirc, it used a skill% of like 5% or something.

the skill has also gone through multiple iterations, so something might have changed along the line.
CIKE - S/D/R

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 5:38pm

Since the last - great;-) - warden skill change some years ago, the warden's dmg is always physically calculated (even if the skill delivers magical dmg).

"Briar Shield" gives BTW 8.8% dmg of the main hand weapon at lvl 98 - unless the opponent doesn't live at that time anymore and then it's usually lethal (for the warden itself). So one doesn't activate it as a DD as it doesn't push the dmg and it also costs a buff slot (and yes, the 40 buff slots are quite rare nowadays).
For a tanking Wd/W, it something completely different as one "looses" 58.9% pDef).
Burning Eyes, Rath, Bew100/Kr100/Ku100/Dr100/Sch100/M74 - Kettenträger FTW^^
If you get the number one, the only way is down! --- Adam Ant
Cojones kann man nicht kaufen! --- unknown
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fsck the prom queen. --- John Patrick Mason
For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying. --- Gandalf, the White

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 1:39pm

Hey Searius :)

I think repel is no longer in game (descriptions changed). I remember that the warden Briar Shield used to have "repel" in its description. All that did was doing some % damage back to the target hitting you. Basically reflecting a part of its own damage back onto himself.

Resistance seems to be a value you can change with some skills (think of d/r skill). Till a certain value they resist and thus taking only a part of your damage, ignoring the full damage you did to target. This one also seems connected with pdef/mdef of target and accuracy of the attacker.

Absorb seems to be more of an immunity till a certain value.

Hey Ane ;)

So basically resist will grant you a pool of hp that will be consumed instead of taking dmg, but only dmg. While abosrb prevent you from suffer from debuff, interrupt and any others side effect.
Searius - R/S

Challenger

Intermediate

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 2:03pm

Some skills still hit their side effects when the damage is absorbed.

Resistance is magical dodge, depends on attackers accuracy and defenders resistance in magic tab in char screen. It is like critical hit it has a percentage depends on accuracy and resistance. If the defender resists the hit he/she wont get hit all and will not suffer any side effect.

Knight skills are weird tho when rogues use evasion or dodge cape they dodge the knight skills but it says resistance. It still depends on dexterity but it says resistance above chars head instead of dodge.

Challenger, Oldass

Vidar(ew)

DEACTIVATE WISHING WELL NPCS !!!!

Fearcappers: In recognition of your overwhelming victory, let's call it a draw

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 6:21pm

Could be a translation error, Gameforge doesn't speak runewaker's language?

Wednesday, January 18th 2017, 3:55am

Knight skills are weird tho when rogues use evasion or dodge cape they dodge the knight skills but it says resistance. It still depends on dexterity but it says resistance above chars head instead of dodge.

i'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that some knight skills do the "physical light damage" or w/e it is, which is a fancy way of saying "sorta magical damage". it would then make sense that it also follows the magical damage conventions.
CIKE - S/D/R