You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unimatrix01

Intermediate

• "Unimatrix01" started this thread

Occupation: BattleMonk, or more precise, Battle Nun coz my character is female :) (thx 2 Yrcanos ^^)

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 11:08am

Rom-Welten no longer maintained?

Hi there,

I just noticed that the last item on RoM-Welten is from 3 years ago? But I didn't find any information that the people behind the website and database-site quited?

Any one here who has some info? I already wrote a couple of emails to the onsite mentioned emailadresses, but I haven't had any reply yet.
Sôhei, the Highest Lvl BattleMonk on Isiltir!, not so high on Agenor :sleeping:
----------------------- 90/86 ----------------------

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 2:41pm

Afaik both the db and website are not updated.

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 7:27pm

Website hasnt been done in ages for focus on the DB - but due to a lack of time I haven't been able to update it regularly because the Extractor is a bit unreliable and the DB quite picky when it comes to having more fields defined than the layout knows etc so I cant simply switch to more sophisticated extractors without changing a lot of stuff. ( I could enable an additional "classic view" though with better search and more information displayed, but the layout is somewhat 90's ... simple table layout )

As for the website, some time last year we started setting up a new CMS entirely, getting layout done etc - now after getting out of Wordpress Update Hell (TM) the current status is "needs some layout improvements and I need to import all the non-German content for the multilang page" ... so even our test version would be kinda useless except if you speak German.

Some of the older recurring articles have been made kinda obsolete with the coming of IP2 and other plugins though - even when those need manual updates to their data. I guess the most interesting arcticles would still be (searchable) monster attributes and maybe other custom list of things as sometimes seen discussed here in the forums.

Since it's a long weekend I might even give it a few tries to get reliable data out of the extractor to update at least the database to the current patch...

Btw I'm always around on DE/US IRC but hardly read forums anymore.
Yoman - Ionsai - Burningeyes - Ritter/Krieger/Priester | Dönerzwerg - Dochas - 0815 - Schurke/Krieger/Champion
Mein Avatar ist Programm :)

RoM-Welten: DEEN

<lyri> hüftgoldfreies Baconstrips-Eis ?
<lyri> Tofu-Soja-Eis mit Baconstrips-Geschmack ?
(Lyriiii is schuld!)

Unimatrix01

Intermediate

• "Unimatrix01" started this thread

Occupation: BattleMonk, or more precise, Battle Nun coz my character is female :) (thx 2 Yrcanos ^^)

Monday, June 5th 2017, 6:36pm

@YomanROM

Thanks for the information, I was a kind of worried because if the website and database were no longer maintained it would mean that we have to rely solely on the addons, some of which are also no longer updated :(

Keep up the good work!!
Sôhei, the Highest Lvl BattleMonk on Isiltir!, not so high on Agenor :sleeping:
----------------------- 90/86 ----------------------

Monday, June 5th 2017, 6:45pm

Most of the addons are very easy to update yourself, even if you yourself have limited .lua knowledge.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cenre" (Jun 5th 2017, 6:57pm)

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 3:11am

IPv2 and another DB addon (i think) are written by one of the rom-welten team, so it's not like they have simply stopped everything. personally, i'd rather the DB addons be complete rather than the website if i had to make a choice.
CIKE - S/D/R