You are not logged in.

Friday, August 21st 2015, 1:16pm

Warlock/Rogue: How big is the damage ...

It has been while since i did my last wl/r testing and atm i dont have any representative end game magical dps gear so:

1. When Soul Poisoned Fang is applied at the boss, to max it out, can it be done in 2 casts, or are more casts needed?
  2. When Soul Poisoned Fang is applied at the boss at max is still the boost for magical damage around 30%?
  3. When Soul Poisoned Fang is applied at the boss at max is still the boost for physical damage around 10%?
  4. With the 50% damage output reduction from Phychic Projectile makes it realistic for w/m (or dps geared k/m) to tank bosses (non add situations)?
Thanks in advance,

Ellen

Exedrax

Beginner

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 8:51pm

Hio, I am Main WL/R:

1) Fist of all, if you try to compare with other elemental damager, you will fail. Why? They will gain the extra elemental damage, like you. Then you dont will see your work at "Scrutinizer", because increased damage is proporcional non aditive.

Don´t fill bad, if you lowest until the cap of negative resistence at the enemy, you will increas +50% party elemental damage, you can consider that 1/3 of elementald damager damage is your. ;)

2) Your pointed questions:
  1. Soul Poisoned Fang work like "damage skill again HP", but again Elemental Resistence (ER). I want to mind that it uses MDamage and MAttack to increase removed resistence, but MDef will low it. [color=rgb(255,255,255)]***Remember that how ER increases/decreases the elemental damage dipends of a formule, that involves Defensor Lvl and Attacker Lvl (like block chance or critical hit). By this reasons, you dont know how many cast you will need to get until negative cap, that allways will give an +50% elemental recived damage. My recomendation: "try to maximize your MAttack and MDamage, and forget to recast it until to be near of expiration time debuff or cast "Crime and Punishment"[/color]
  2. [color=rgb(255,255,255)]Max extra elemental damage should be +50%, if they dont do hiden changes. You can chek: Cast other DoT (X), then get the buff until you cant low elemental resistence, finaly recast the same first DoT (X). [Tick damage from first DoT (X)] / [Tick damage from last DoT (X)] = 1.XX where XX is % with out dot. Ready. ***Surely, is not exact, because of + natural ER from the enemy. Should be near or more tan 50%. [/color]
  3. [color=rgb(255,255,255)]Elemental Damage mind, without Independence of physical and magical, that the dmage is Light, Dark, Fire, Wind, Water or Earth damage, and have an extra modifier, ER. % vary because of Natural Enemy ER.[/color]
  4. [color=rgb(255,255,255)]Wl/R has more synergy with K, due to Light Damage (physical and K/M, increasing its dps), doing continously -50% of output damage from a singel target (but you need physical accuracy for "Dodge" and lvl wand or staff skill for "miss"!!) and increas of +30% aggro earn by a target, and lowing the aggro of rest of the party by -30%. VS Wl/M, cant be comparet, but is better only have 1 wl/r per raid (his effect are for all the raid). In the case of Wl/M, it have the important impact in real dps (melee) but only for the party, not raid. And increses of +30% elemental damage (at wl/m) is only good for dark and fire damagers.[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,255)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,255)]In general, the ignorance of players and no normaly played do they flamme. [/color]
[color=rgb(255,255,255)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,255)]Think that wl never will be great summoner damage like Mage:[/color]
[color=rgb(255,255,255)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,255)]*Focus Resourse, limited cast and you should have an economy of it.[/color]
[color=rgb(255,255,255)]*No 3seconds of natural summoning spell (like flamme), spameable. You can do 6.6 damage per 1s (0.5s x2) as avarage with burst effect (10% of chance) .[/color]
*No buff of 50% casting speed.

That are the reasons because is better mage as damage dealer.

BUT:

*Wl Supportive effect could be very nice for the party (but some player only value Damage, and no Deep benefits for the party)
*Wl have better shield of HP, Spameable each 10s and only magic damage/2 based
*Some skills with nice damage but with long coldawn.
*Nice battery of instant, better pvp movement cast.
*Is more complext to play, but it can be nice for some.
*Good increased dark damage with set skills.

Some combos of wl need a powerful new skills or somethink that gives a bit more of weight, like wl/w, maybe with a dark magic enchanted damage with each basic hit.

PD: R/wl (magic dps) needs a bit more of power, cant compite again k/m or w/m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=rgb(255,255,255)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,255)]If you play solo, remember that with +50% of damage, your psyquical arrow you will do 3xinstant gear damage (like a flamme without burst).[/color]

[color=rgb(255,255,255)]And neither, you will have an extra +15% of magic damage if you use Wand+Magic Dagger, vs a Staff.[/color]

Challenger

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 9:24pm

wl combos damage are nowhere near to wl/ch, so i wouldnt worry about them:p

Challenger, Oldass

Vidar(ew)

DEACTIVATE WISHING WELL NPCS !!!!

Fearcappers: In recognition of your overwhelming victory, let's call it a draw

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

hahri

Beginner

Thursday, September 14th 2017, 8:22pm

Warlock/Champion very good but I like this class in questing Shadowstab heavy damage.