You are not logged in.

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 8:11am

You almost had me

I have been looking for an alternative to World of Warcraft. This seemed to fit what I was looking for. I downloaded, followed the prompts all was sweet. I live in Australia 12gb download takes about 7hrs + where I live. Sucks to be me, but I did it ready to play. Account created, read some guides, grabbed myself an energy drink and got comfortable for a pleasurable playing experience.

Loaded up the client..... cannot download clientupdate.zip .... looked through the support. Turns out I would need to redownload the 12gb and this time not select Australia as you no longer have a server here...

As a first time user and potential long term player as said (played WoW for 12 years) I found the fact that Australia is even an option to select is useless if there is no server here and its gonna cause issues. Removing the option from the install part would have meant, I would have selected US. Found myself ready to play and not feeling like ... do I really want to bother downloading the 12 gb / invest another 7 hrs for the potential for something else to go wrong. So thanks but at this stage no thanks. Regards Daicemerolen

Fifio

Professional

Tuesday, December 5th 2017, 12:33pm

Australian server was merged with US almost 3 years ago and yeah still not removed from the clients options.

http://board.us.runesofmagic.gameforge.c…rge-issues-faq/

Can easily say you dodged a bullet since that is not the only thing that is not fixed since years.
Fifio K/W/M/P/S/R

1843 Cards, 690 Titles and 6917 Quest completed!
(All possible Moas done and please open Dwarfzone quests for us humans)
Blacksmith 100, Cook 100, Carpentry 100, Armorcraft 100 and Tailor 100
Alchemy 100 and Gatherings maxed 100
Gimme More xD

Merge came but is too late now and a new wheel :thumbdown: