You are not logged in.

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 12:40am

Communication with Players

Good evening.

Upon loading my game client I observed the offer - Purified Times - lasting from Friday 23:00GMT to Sunday 23:00GMT.
On the website I see this offer is from Thursday 23:00 GMT to Sunday 23:00GMT :

"There isn’t a more simple and comfortable way for you to prepare for the challenges that lie ahead!

Offers in the Item Shop under 'Hot Sales' will be available during the following times:

Between Thursday at 23:00 and Sunday at 23:00 (GMT)".

I am sitting here at 23:35 GMT on Saturday and the offer is no longer active. Is my client bugged?
It seems this is not the first time such an occurrence has happened - this happens regularly, according to my guildmates.

While I don't think any player can "complain" about this (they are still going to spend any diamonds they buy with the 140% galore offer, regardless of promo), it is quite poor that :
A. The website and the client do not corroborate on the timings of the promo, and
B. The offer doesn't last until when it is supposed to.

I wrote this topic with the aim of constructive feedback - I hope some will be drawn from it - and I hope that a member of the team can provide some information to the players. Unfortunately I cannot say it is the first time that players (customers) have been kept in the dark regarding game issues. While this is a fairly trivial issue, it is not something to be overlooked in my humble opinion (and it has clearly been, as my guildmate wrote a message about this exact situation over a year ago).

Thank you for reading.

mokkan666

The Artist

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 3:02am

In sweden we call it false advertising.

"OK ? now, girls. I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany? If you feel the need to vomit up there, just swallow it."

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 1:45pm

Every promo has same time advertising that it ends on sunday, but since new shop, all promos end on saturday at midnight. Gameforge just too lazy to change copy paste promo from before their trashy shop i guess.

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 2:56pm

A change of shop offer times has been announced globally in march 2017 New Times for Shop Offers

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 3:25pm

Ye, because why read promo messages dating this weekend, when you can read a global message from March last year right?

mokkan666

The Artist

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 4:48pm

That makes it abit worse even, one year later and noone has bothered to change the actual ads that we get to see within our clients and on runes of magic's official website.
Shame on gameforge for false advertising us!

"OK ? now, girls. I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany? If you feel the need to vomit up there, just swallow it."

Vernberg

Beginner

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 6:35pm

Clearly this is a part of False Advertising and what to comes to my mind is dosent laws like this apply to companys inside EU

"
National authorities in the EU are able to stop a broad range of
unfair business practices at marketing, contractual and post-contractual
stage, such as giving buyers misleading information or using aggressive
behaviour.

The main EU law in this field is the unfair commercial practices directive, which also applies to online trading. "

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-trav…-information_en

i might be in the wrong park shouting this but still please update
Tampongtomte C/M/R/P/W/WL
Vernberg W/K/P/R/M/S

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 7:02pm

I think the most frustrating part for the players, at least in my opinion, is that it's "so obvious". I mean, I'm not sure how these announcements can be made without some sort of proof reading - especially over such a long period of time. Does nobody who is making these announcements actually stop for a second and review it? It seems this is a common theme in the game, especially in regards to issues like the new instance (how can it even have been released in its initial state - it clearly wasn't tested at all).

And like other posts in this thread regarding Sarkas' point, I agree with them. If we see a post on both the website and the client saying that the promo lasts from X to Y, why should we have to trawl back through a year's worth of announcements to see that actually this is not true? It is simply farcical from my point of view.

Furthermore as can be seen from some of the posts in this thread like Cenre's, most players know that there is something "wrong" - clearly it is common knowledge that the IS promotions have been mislabelled for some time (although I must admit I was not aware of them), but players just feel like there is no point in reporting it - the GMs forward their complaints/suggestions to the developers and nothing comes of it most of the time. So I imagine most have given up on it. Just to say, i'm not in any way blaming the GMs ... I actually feel a bit bad that they are the ones who get the stick rather than the developers (again, not sure who the blame lies with for the promotion issues - shop team or developers?).

Celes

Community Manager

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 2:36pm

Hello everyone,

First of all, we would like to apologies for the mistake.

The "Purified Times" promotion was correctly running in-game between 26.01.2018 and 27.01.2018. This is one of the "weekend promotions", which are running between Friday 00:00 CET/Thursday 23:00 GMT to Sunday 00:00 CET/Saturday 23:00 GMT.

There was unintentional mistake in the Shop promotion news text, saying that it will last "Between Thursday at 23:00 and Sunday at 23:00 (GMT)", it supposed to be Saturday instead and we will make sure that it will be correct for the future promotions.

Again we are sorry for the confusion and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 3:49pm

If it wasone promo, people might understand, but its not. Has been literally every promo since times changed(still stupid if you ask me, old weekend sale times were fine) since new shop came in. Yet more fail copy paste by gameforge. I guess gameforge can't afford to hire anyone to proof read their webposts.

Celes

Community Manager

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 4:19pm

If you see any more mistakes like this, please let CoMas/Team know.

Sunday, February 4th 2018, 12:08am

Quoted

NEWS
MANA STONE GASHAS IN THE ITEM SHOP FOR A SHORT TIME ONLY!

Magic is in the air! The new gasha will give you a chance to pick up tier 7 to tier 9 mana stones. Merge the stones to refine them, improve your equipment, and become a legend of the battlefield!

These offers can be found in the Item Shop under Current Offers between Thursday at 23:00 and Sunday at 23:00 (GMT).

Have fun in Taborea!
The RoM Team

P.S. We're offering tier 5/6 mana stones outside of the gashas individually

Gameforge best publisher ever