You are not logged in.

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

• "Sarkas" started this thread

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 6:29pm

[Feedback Collection Thread] Sun Temple of Eternal Sleep

For a fast forwarding we would like to see your feedback regarding Sun Temple of Eternal Sleep

Any kind of feedback is appreciated.

No Off Topic, Thank you so much! 8)

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 7:23pm

Instance seems fairly crashy once you get into the "purple" part of it, near where the swamps appear.

Similarly to other recent instances, fairly long without any transport crystals if someone does crash or disconnect.

However boss 1 tactic is nice and seems to be working fairly well. The issues mentioned for boss 1 in the "patch notes" aren't even gamebreaking at all, so I would say they don't need to be fixed to be honest. In fact if they weren't mentioned as issues then I wouldn't even know it wasn't working as intended. Other bosses, I can't comment on tactics but if there is the option to do that rather than just burning them, then it's good.

Easy mode - there are some normal mode mobs there. You will notice when you suddenly get hit for 50k.

Overall, seems to be working well. Just a shame it took so long for it to be released, in all honesty.

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 8:14pm

My feedback from the Sun Temple hardmode instance is that it is clearly way too easy to clear (b2-5 can be easily bursted) and I think people who are trying to improve it have absoultely no clue what is going on ingame. Scouts have been the most overpowered class for long now, and what happens is that bosses gain twice as much HP and twice as less def therefore the only classes who are boosted from this are rogues and scouts mostly which just makes absolutely no sense for me.

Clearly the long waiting for this instance did just not worth what we can experience with the current state. Would like to ask if it is the final state? The crit resistance was a nice idea but the HP and def boost just killed it all imo..

(clear took around 1h and 2nd run was alraedy 35 mins which can give you guys some headlines how the result of the ini is :))
Raizeen / server: Macantacht/ Agenor / Vidar

M/W/K/S/R/P
100/100/100/100/100/100

Would love to see intensification fix someday^^

Tchami

Beginner

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 2:52pm

In my opinion Sun Temple is either easy and hard to clear. Whenever you have the perfect party the only challenging part is boss 1. After that it gets quite easy. But for example in IBP and VOR you can easily take lower geared players with you and still succeed. I think this is impossible in Sun Temple.

Also gotta say +1 for Boss 1, fun boss where you actually have to keep focussing to get it down. Overal I think it is a good place to spend my time at :D

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 3:04pm

Having done the rest of the bosses now, I have some more feedback on the instance.

I don't think it is too easy - the fact that it can all be nuked after b1 is what makes it clearable within a few hours after release - in comparison to some older instances which required tactics at most bosses, some of which took weeks to clear fully. Increasing boss HP is a step in the right direction, but without some sort of mechanic *requiring* you to do tactics, it will still just be nuked. As for the tactics themselves :

boss 2 : as stated in the patch notes, tactic is broken.
boss 3 : tactic actually seems to have some relevence, which is nice.
b4+5 can't comment on the tactics as have no idea what they are.

Ofc it is a poisoned chalice - make the instance too hard and people will complain - make it too easy and same will happen. The way it is now, is fine considering that the new lvl cap will probably be released shortly. If the rest of the bugs are fixed then I think that's the most that can be done with it. So I hope those bugs are actually fixed, rather than just remaining there for months/years (boss 2 in VoR, anyone?).

Monday, February 26th 2018, 12:11am

B1 is fun, B2 and B3 nuke, you can take your time to do it. B4 I'm not sure, you can nuke fast, but for tactic I don't know, still can't see how to avoid the boss to heal itself. B5 no idea, still fighting with B4, we don't have that much DPS XD
Just an old and humble legend :)

Merge Ibergard + Vidar + Nuada

Me34

Professional

Monday, February 26th 2018, 11:04am

B1 is fun, B2 and B3 nuke, you can take your time to do it. B4 I'm not sure, you can nuke fast, but for tactic I don't know, still can't see how to avoid the boss to heal itself. B5 no idea, still fighting with B4, we don't have that much DPS XD

Druid/Rogue has a skill to reduce the healing of the boss by 50%. Works fine :)
Kritparade - Rath

Druide/Bewahrer
Druide/Schurke
Druide/Kundschafter

Fifio

Professional

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 12:25am

Bosses missing in the ini sometime.

No fun really to do full run to see that there is no last boss :(

Same problem was already in IBP tho.

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 12:46pm

Even better when you kill it and it vanishes before giving up its loot!

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 1:37am

B3 sometimes is bugged. You can kill him with no event, but after that barrier to go to B4 wont open.
Just an old and humble legend :)

Merge Ibergard + Vidar + Nuada