You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

syndreamer

Intermediate

• "syndreamer" started this thread

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 2:52am

[Guide] Basic Macro Commands

Another guide on Macro commands I learned and others have learned in-game. Also the commands have to be inputted in lowercase only to work.
Commands List: (Known)

/s - enables say chat
/z - enables zone chat
/g - enables guild chat
/w "player name" - whisper player

/cast "skill name"
/use "item name"
/wait "# of seconds"

/invite "player name"

All emotes work as well, /sleep, /angry, /dance, etc.

So I had the fun of making up some macros using simple commands that you can use in the chat window. Here are some examples of what you can make and a viewing of my macros I made up.

Stringing Skill Combos: Credit goes to Angelia

/cast "Player skill"
/wait .75
/cast "player skill"
/wait .75
/cast "player skill"
/wait 2

You get the picture on that part.

Changing Wardrobe: Credit goes to Angelia

/use "Item Name"
/wait ()
/use "Item Name"
/wait ()

The Family Macro: Credit goes to Xanados

/invite "Username"
/invite "username"
/invite "username"

Also all emote shortcuts are available to use in Macros, and even chat commands.

Sample Macros I made:

Barbie Girl Attack

/s I'm a Barbie Girl, in a barbie world!
/cast Blind Stab
/wait .75
/s I'm plastic, It's fantastic!
/wait ()
/cast Villainy
/s You can brush my hair and take me everywhere!
/wait ()
/cast Villainy
/s Come on Barbie Let's go Party
/dance

Surprise Buttsecks Attack (from behind)

/cast Blind Spot
/s OH OH OH
/wait .75
/cast Villainy
/s Ohhh godd yessssss
/wait 1
/cast Blind Stab
/s harderrrrrrrrr
/wait .75
/cast Villainy
/s AHHHHHHH!
/angry

Anyways you get the picture and I'll update once I know more that come out through experimenting.

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 3:31am

thx for the info mate ^^
[img][/img]

syndreamer

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 9:56am

No problem. Though this isn't a direct translation of the one in German forums, but you get the idea across. I hope someone can contribute some more macros like the color codes and stuff.

drake1980

Beginner

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 10:07am

What would also be useful is to know if there is a macro command to use a skill like healing and make it target yourself? Not really sure if there would be any in this game though but it would help as in real hard pressed times needed to cast heal on yourself in a fight you tend to forget to target yourself or die before even getting yoru self targeted using the f1 key to cast the spell.
Leader of BrujahUnited guild
http://brujahunited.proboards107.com/index.cgi

syndreamer

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 10:10am

There is a healing buff macro, but I'm not familiar with it. Ask Angelia in-game for it, she may provide you insight on it.

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 10:41am

If I am not mistaken, assuming you dont have a legal target and you are a legal target, it will default on you. This is how the buff macros work. I set up a macro with /cast Poison and it worked without me needing to target myself.

Syn, you may want to add the Cap Sensetive information. When using a skill name it is cap sensetive. Angelia filled me in on that part when I was pulling my hair out. Also, try putting in the Dance Emote before each attack. I havent done it yet, but since you can actually walk around while running the dance emote constantly (something worth trying) it should provide some interesting visuals.

And, if anyone can figure out what the Cancel command is for buffs, I would appreciate it. I cant think of any useful situation except to cancel the priest's shield that seems to make mages immune to thier own Electrostatic Charge. You could do a /cancel Priest Skill; /cast Electrostatic Charge. Of course I have tried /cancel. It would also work for a dismount macro.

Arcie
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

[img][/img]

syndreamer

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 11:08am

Updated it with the lowercase only commands...

I'm aware of the emotes, but I like to use them after I defeating a mob, it's quite funny and I change it up every time. I tried to make a macro for automatic travel using a horse, I tried everything to make it work. /Moveto command or something like that plus inputting coordinates. So I summon horse and order him to move to Quilana Camp using Stormbow's Moveto strategy on the map or something.

drake1980

Beginner

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 11:21am

Tryed to make a Instant Heal macro and it wont target myself it just gives the wand icon wanting me to chose a target. I'll probly dig a bit more i tryed quite a few trys but either I just dont know the calling command for it or how to put it in use some of the stuff i have tryed as been the following

/cast Instant Heal
/target %self

-----------------

/Script CastSpellByName("Instant Heal", 1)

----------------

/cast [target=Masuyo] Instant Heal

---------------

Well tryed a few more I cant remember also the ------- lines are to indicate where the slash command stuff ended and started a new one i tryed, but I'll probly keep trying and looking till i find something.

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 11:23am

Quoted from "drake1980;301970"

Tryed to make a Instant Heal macro and it wont target myself it just gives the wand icon wanting me to chose a target. I'll probly dig a bit more i tryed quite a few trys but either I just dont know the calling command for it or how to put it in use some of the stuff i have tryed as been the following

/cast Instant Heal
/target %self

-----------------

/Script CastSpellByName("Instant Heal", 1)

----------------

/cast [target=Masuyo] Instant Heal

---------------

Well tryed a few more I cant remember also the ------- lines are to indicate where the slash command stuff ended and started a new one i tryed, but I'll probly keep trying and looking till i find something.

Hmmm... I guess the difference is my buff is self-only. Sorry bout that. Good luck and keep us informed!

Arcie
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

[img][/img]

drake1980

Beginner

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 11:43am

To be honest though I dont think there is one unless you can use the /script call in your macros and i read soemwheres that it seems the macros wont let you use the /script function unless this got changed might explain why a few of my attemps failed lol, well also read there is a way to set cast on self setting in the option of the game systems menu somehweres so ill see how that works till the /script function call can be used again in the macros.

Edit yep for now can use the option under interface setting for self cast and it will cast the spell on yourself even if you got a monster targeted and fighting.

Daerken

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 4:01pm

Ok, for the colorcodes: didn't see them there, so I guess I'll provide the code for it.

|c ccff00(red) -> BLABLA! You can add stuff like /g /s /p for different places to say it too. /g |c 000000 -> Everyone come to guild castle! Etc. This might not be exact though lol, can't remember the spaces and stuff like that. Should be like this though :P
[img][/img]
IGN: Daerken
Classes: 49 Priest/Mage 32 - New - Siochain

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 4:20pm

Quoted from "Daerken;302386"

Ok, for the colorcodes: didn't see them there, so I guess I'll provide the code for it.

|c ccff00(red) -> BLABLA! You can add stuff like /g /s /p for different places to say it too. /g |c 000000 -> Everyone come to guild castle! Etc. This might not be exact though lol, can't remember the spaces and stuff like that. Should be like this though :P

Source code

|cff######

###### is the RGB color code.
ROFL @ GMHastur

[img][/img]

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 4:22pm

Is there a code for the basic "Attack" mode? To whack things with a staff, for example?
ROFL @ GMHastur

[img][/img]

Avarience

Beginner

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 5:30pm

what i miss is %t
hallo %t -->ur char says hallo "Ur Target (Mobs,Npc,Chars..)"

Works also with Emotes and other things.

Kundschafter/Krieger 55/45

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:55pm

Quoted from "Stormbow;302420"

Source code

|cff######

###### is the RGB color code.

YUp Colorcodes are exactly like that. I only had used Macros for Chat, using color codes, and emotes... Didn't know about casts, nice one...

You can also change colors mid-text, just repeat the |cff code.
An example:

Macro:

Source code

/salute
/s |cffFFFFFFGreetings, Sir! |cffFF0000Warrior |cff0000FFReaverKane |cffFFFFFF Reporting for Duty! Sir!

Result:
*Salutes*
Greetings, Sir! Warrior ReaverKane Reporting for duty! Sir!
[img][/img]
"Virtute et armis"

Daerken

Intermediate

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:56pm

I can't remember the "cff", when I did it it was just the |c you had to put in. Maybe it changed?
[img][/img]
IGN: Daerken
Classes: 49 Priest/Mage 32 - New - Siochain

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 4:58pm

Quoted from "Daerken;304391"

I can't remember the "cff", when I did it it was just the |c you had to put in. Maybe it changed?

The |c will work, but only if you use it for RED (FF0000), and still it won't come out very well...
You have to use cff followed by the color code, to make it work properly.
[img][/img]
"Virtute et armis"

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 5:09pm

Quoted from "Daerken;304391"

Not since I posted the original guide 13 days ago, anyway.

Quoted from "Stormbow;280390"

Pixie! Thank you for sharing the color info.

The color command is:

| c ff ff ff ff

The first character is SHIFT+\ (called a pipe).
The c is for 'color'
The first "ff" is an alpha mask. (Don't ask.)
The last 6 fs, "ff ff ff", are R G B (red green blue) color codes, just like in HTML and graphic design. Color codes can be found HERE. (Ignore the # you see on the color codes website. That's part of HTML/graphic programming, nothing we need be concerned about in this tutorial.)

You press enter to open the chat line, R to open the reply text, etc.
Then type |cffff0000 (for example) to tell the game that the outgoing text should be red.

Do not hit space, or enter, after typing the color command. Type the text that you want sent. The very first character (to include if you hit spacebar) typed after the color command will be in the specified color if you've followed along with this tutorial well.

Also, this color command works with all chat! Guild, replies, /say you name it.

Enjoy!

Storm
ROFL @ GMHastur

[img][/img]

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 5:14pm

I was just playing around with it and I believe I figured it out. The game expects 8 digits after the |c, anything less than that and your text will be interpreted as hexadecimal code and cut off. Example: /s |cffaaHello = just an o which happens to be red.

As many of us know, colors use 6 digits: ffffff, aa4400, 0000ff. Those account for the last 6 digits. The first 2 ff account for opacity, so |cff will give you fully visible text, |c00 will give you invisible text, and 11-ee will give you shades between.

Edit: well I guess i wasnt the first to figure it out, np now you have 2 explanations :)
...and the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain thrilled me, filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before...

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 5:16pm

Exactly as I posted in the original guide.
ROFL @ GMHastur

[img][/img]