You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Xitwoundz

Trainee

• "Xitwoundz" started this thread

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 10:09am

Arcane transmutor

Arcane transmutor - Please read this full thread before using the transmutor

I wrote this in my old guild on my mage but it might be useful here. I am not sure if anyone has done anything like this but I believe its short clear and gives a better understanding to enhancing equipment.

This is a basic and quick guide just to help you guys get started. I'll try to keep this simple, yet try to help you understand about mana stones, fusion stones and using the arcane transmutor. This guide will teach you how to use fusion stones to make reasonably strong equipment - until you reach a level in the game at which you can get higher, yellow or even orange stats.

To create a single item that has reasonable stats there are a few things you will need.
1. 3x Fusion Stone (This is the most common and cheapest way to enhance equipment.)
2. 1x Equipment (When picking equipment you should look for high durability items. Anything above 107 durability is good enough and try to get an item that is at the highest possible level that you can wear. Also make sure the item has no stats already on it.)
3. 3x Stats (This is fairly simple, but will be explained further down. You will need 3 stats preferably the highest stats you can find.)
4. 4x AT (Arcane Transmutor) Charges (Arcane charges can be brought using phirius tokens which you can get from doing daily quests. 3 dailys will buy 1 charge.)

OK, first things first, when choosing fusion stones, you must find 3 stones with exactly the same stats. This is because a piece of equipment can only inherit 6 stats overall and will only inherit the lowest stats from a mana stone.

Now this can be quite hard, however, you can visit http://rom.curse.com/ and install an add-on called “Advanced Auction House” - this will make it easier to filter fusion stones for the exact stats you would like.

The cheapest way to enhance equipment is to buy fusion stones with 3 stats on each. For example, I am a Mage, so I would buy 3x fusion stones with identical stats: 3 stamina,3 wisdom,3 intelligence. If it's possible to get hold of them.

Next I would purchase a piece of equipment, like a robe, with 110 durability and no stats on it - at as close to my character's level as possible.

Now, if you're a low level char, trying to get hold of high level stats is near on impossible. So here’s what to do:
Open the auction house and select “Armor” then in the level boxes you need to type 50 - 60 - click search. It will take a few minutes to load so be patient. Once loaded, click the tab that says “Auction Price” - so that it puts the lowest price at the top. Now comes the hunt - slowly work your way through the list until you find an item with a single high level green stat. For example I would buy 1x 51 stamina, 1x 51 intelligence, 1x 40 intelligence on any item. The stat must be on its own and cannot be exactly the same stat as any you already have, because it will just stack them and you will be a stat short of what you need.

Ok so now you should have 3x fusion stones with identical stats – 3 on each. 3 pieces of equipment with non identical, higher level, single stats. And a high durability piece of equipment. Now make sure you have loaded your charges into your AT and collected all items from your mailbox. Then open your back pack and AT. Now place 1x fusion stone and 1x piece of equipment in the AT and at the bottom should be a preview of the result - a mana stone with 4 stats, 3 stats from your fusion stone and 1 stat from your equipment item. Do the same with the last 2 fusion stones and pieces of equipment with high stats until you have 3x mana stones. Now place your 3 mana stones and your high durability clean item into the AT you should now have a preview of your item with 3 low level stats taken from the fusion stones and 3 high level stats taken from you equipment items. Click confirm and you should now have your item with 6 complete stats and ready to use. Below is a list of the exact stats I had and the item I would receive as a finishing result.

Before AT.
3x fusion stone's stats = Stamina +3, Intelligence +3, wisdom +3.
1x Equipment High stat = 51 intelligence.
1x Equipment High stat = 51 stamina.
1x Equipment High stat = 40 intelligence.

After fusion stones are combined with items.
1x mana stone stat = Stamina +3, Intelligence +3, wisdom +3, 51 intelligence.
1x mana stone stat = Stamina +3, Intelligence +3, wisdom +3, 51 Stamina.
1x mana stone stat = Stamina +3, Intelligence +3, wisdom +3, 40 intelligence.

Final Item.

1x Robe with the following stats:

Durability 110 (this provides a +20% modifier as shown below)
3.6 stamina
3.6 intelligence
3.6 wisdom
61.2 intelligence
61.2 stamina
48 intelligence

Now, I have tried my hardest to cover as much as possible in as little as possible. The main factors to always remember is that an item will always inherit the lowest stat over a higher stat and that an item cannot hold more than 6 stats. If you get your fusion stones with 4 stats on each, all low level and add a high level to each, you will end up with your equipment having 6 low stats and losing your high level stats. through my notes I noticed I didn't mention about tier's an item has a tier so be careful when u choose your items as 2x tier 2 items and 1x tier 3 will make 2x tier 2 mana stones and 1x tier 3 mana stone which cant be combined.

Feel free to add to this guide or if you need help post your comments and I'll try to answer as best I can. I am not a pro at enhancing equipment, but I have learned many things and will do my best to answer any questions. If you need help while on ROM just send me a whisper.

Thanks.
Xitwoundz
Click Here forMicrosoft DirectX® Fixes d3dx9_42.dll Error

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 1:44pm

Thanks for the great guide, so is it wise to fuse five of a kind of a rune evertime they are available?
I mean I get a lot a ton of tier I runes and some stacked for 5-10 pieces, so is it wise at this point (level 20/20) to fuse them to higher tiers?

Sunday, September 5th 2010, 1:50pm

Hello,

I would say no to the tiering up runes. Although the runes are plentiful, the charges you use are not, and once you reach a certain level you will have tier III runes pouring out of every orifice anyway, so no need to start with tier I.

But a question about runes is not really on topic for what this guide is covering.

DyvimT

Beginner

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 10:21am

Finally a real beginner's guide to AT item enhancement!
Thanks a lot, Xitwoundz!

There are other guides in this section, but those that I've read don't actually start with the basics, even if the topic says so. Those are quite confusing and only give you a general idea when they start mentioning 'clean stats' and the like w/o explaining in detail what that is supposed to be.

Tiny corrections:

Quoted

Arcane charges can be bought using phirius tokens which you can get from doing daily quests. 30 dailys will buy 10 charge.

Quoted

...select “Armor” then...
AE spelling is used in the AH.
I'd also integrate your PS into the guide if I were you, it's important.

Got one question as well:
On using equipment w/o stats... only without statNAMES or completely empty? What about rune slots?
'Turqoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!'
-Chaotic Advisor- (OotS 68)

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 1:13pm

Nameless stats and rune slots (even if there are runes insterted already with stats) do not count when muting the gear.

Xitwoundz

Trainee

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 1:34pm

Quoted from "DyvimT;2424961"

Finally a real beginner's guide to AT item enhancement!
Thanks a lot, Xitwoundz!

There are other guides in this section, but those that I've read don't actually start with the basics, even if the topic says so. Those are quite confusing and only give you a general idea when they start mentioning 'clean stats' and the like w/o explaining in detail what that is supposed to be.

Tiny corrections:
AE spelling is used in the AH.
I'd also integrate your PS into the guide if I were you, it's important.

Got one question as well:
On using equipment w/o stats... only without stat NAMES or completely empty? What about rune slots?

The AT charges i refer to can be purchased in Varanas class hall as not everyone wants to do 30 daily's to receive 10 charges.

As for the Rune slots as fogpost stated anything that is in the rune slots doesn't effect the enhanced equipment. I try to buy items that are clean and have an empty rune slot for me to use my own runes.

Thanks for the nice reply I myself spent hours trying to understand other guides and months of playing and this was the best way I could describe it to others. People assume that you need loads of money or diamonds to create instance ready armour when a few 100k and some basic stats will start you off. Money is limited in this game unless you craft alot etc however if a player waits till there level 50 and only spends money on basic upgrades they can have more then enough gold to get there equipment ready for those all important runs in instances the only downside is since the update, instances like Cyclops stronghold which are a good starting point for any level 50 are impossible to get a party for. Anyway have fun gaming and shout if I can help you further.

Xitwoundz

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 5:08pm

really nice guide and helpful too for a complete noob like me

jst 1 question from which lvl do u suggest to start using AT

Xitwoundz

Trainee

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 9:36pm

Quoted from "scoty4u;2425891"

really nice guide and helpful too for a complete noob like me

jst 1 question from which lvl do u suggest to start using AT

I would say it depends on you as you can level through the game without any high end equipment until lvl 50 however i prefer to start at around lvl 25 for faster lvling on quests.

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 7:11am

thnx for ur reply but i also hv few more questions

1). regarding buying fusion stones from auction house do we have any other option for that. i mean does any high lvl monster drop fusion stones etc...coz i checked the price in AH damm the prices are high.

2). the link you provided above for Advanced Auction House is it legal and safe...and if it is, then after d/ling where should i keep it. There was no installation guide & i dont wanna delete any game file by mistake

Xitwoundz

Trainee

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 10:18am

Quoted from "scoty4u;2427694"

1). regarding buying fusion stones from auction house do we have any other option for that. i mean does any high lvl monster drop fusion stones etc...coz i checked the price in AH damm the prices are high.

2). the link you provided above for Advanced Auction House is it legal and safe...and if it is, then after d/ling where should i keep it. There was no installation guide & i dont wanna delete any game file by mistake

Fusion stones can be created with momentos at a higher level they are dropped from bosses from instance's. you can also buy fusion stones from some npc in different zones but trying to get 3 identical will prove challenging. the best place to buy them is ah and if you do it the way imentioned they are between 8-15k each.

The auction house addon is fantastic and i know many people use it however i cant say that its 100% safe just that ive never had a problem. As far as im aware it is legal to use and to install it you will need to create a folder in you runes of magic root folder named interface then inside that add a folder called AddOns then add the auctionhouse inside that unzipped. if you get stuck check out the addons section of forum.

Cheers
Xitwoundz

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 1:13pm

Quoted from "scoty4u;2427694"

I believe that Naga elites drop single stat fusion stones, but if the price puts you off fusion stones then I don't think you have much chance with the Naga's.

You can get the Advanced Auction House from Curse.com, and they certainly check to see if there is any malicious code inside the addons that they host. Remember that addons cannot be encrypted and are all written in the same lua language with the authorised and valid commands that are issued by runewaker, so it is very easy to check if it is a valid add on or not. Download things from dodgy sites and you never know what you are getting. It is rare that you would want an addon that is not Curse approved.

You put addons in your Program Files/Runes of Magic/Interface/addons folder - if you have no addons you may have to create the folder.

However a better thing to do is create an account with curse, download their client that will install the addons you choose for you and also keep you updated with updates.

Monday, September 13th 2010, 5:01pm

Quoted from "Tijgerhaai;2428339"

I believe that Naga elites drop single stat fusion stones, but if the price puts you off fusion stones then I don't think you have much chance with the Naga's.

Well not exactly but yes you can get some that way. Nagas in Weeping Coast and the ones in Savage Land for the event near the bridge drop items (dog tags) that can be turned in for rewards. These rewards will include a rune bag and a fusion bag (or 2 if you do the SL one) that contains random runes/fusion stones. The fusion stones can be with 1-3 spoils of level 2-4. But ya, that will be when you reach level around 50 AND have good gear. They are pretty tough elites when you are lower level so doing it ungeared is not an option.

@scoty4u

For now as Xitwoundz suggested, you can check the AH for your fusion stones. At lower level, fusion stones can be a decent source of revenue too. When I first started ROM, I used that tactic to get a source of income. I would buy the stones that have stamina + 2 random stats (from the Spirit Mage, in varanas east). They cost around 5.5k iirc. Once in a while you will get a stones with only 2 stats, even 1 stat if you are lucky. Those (2 and 1 stats) can sell for about 40-80k depending on your server economy. The 3 stats you can probably sell for 7-10 k (again depending on economy). I suggest you start doing that and keep for yourself 3 stats and 2 stats of a certain kind. I also suggest you pick some with less then optimal spoils. For exemple +3 Stamina, +9def, +10 Hp might seem optimal if you are leveling a tank, but these will sell for more (and cost you more to buy) then let's say +3 sta, +5 wind restis, +5 dark resist. So keep the cheep ones and sell the expensive ones. And let's face it, untill you reach lv 55 the +90 def (let say you mod 10 items with +9 def) won't make much of a difference. Same thing for 2 spoils. Keep +3 Stam and +5 water resist instead of +3 Stam +3 Dex. The latter will sell for more and the first will be cheeper to buy to complete a set.

Oh and for what level to start modling? Basicaly untill you reach Savage Land (around level 53-54), the items you get from quest rewards can keep you going. It will be easier for you if you mod a few items though. I do suggest to mod a cape, a belt and accessories as soon as you can (lv 10-15). Those items don't contribute a lot to your defense so you will be able to keep them for long with the added benifit of the stats.

Monday, September 13th 2010, 5:43pm

thnx guyz for detailed info,
i installed Advanced auction house and its cool specially the way it arranges things through price or level. gonna look for more useful add on their:)

and naga i mean maga:giggle: thnx for the tip gonna try that asap

hope people will buy them;)

jst 1 ques, when we put things in AH does it goes for all the server to purchase or is it limited to only our server.??:confused:

Monday, September 13th 2010, 6:17pm

Quoted from "scoty4u;2432392"

thnx guyz for detailed info,
i installed Advanced auction house and its cool specially the way it arranges things through price or level. gonna look for more useful add on their:)

and naga i mean maga:giggle: thnx for the tip gonna try that asap

hope people will buy them;)

jst 1 ques, when we put things in AH does it goes for all the server to purchase or is it limited to only our server.??:confused:

All stuff you see in AH its only from your server.
Smacht:
S/R 60/53 - 33.8k hp ub, 26k ptk, 45% crit
K/W 54/55 Retired