You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 11:54am

Further IP-Block requested by Tahadi Games | Middle East

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

We already addressed IP blockades in the past where we took great care to explain the reason behind it. While we at Frogster Online Gaming do not and will never force an IP block on you, the actual holder of a license is able to do so by right of law.

Therefore we regret to inform players of the Middle East that that following areas have been requested by Tahadi Games to be blocked from our side:

• Algeria
  • Bahrain
  • Djibouti
  • Egypt
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Jordan
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon
  • Libya
  • Morocco
  • Oman
  • Palestine
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Syria
  • Tunisia
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Yemen
  • Sudan
  • Mauritania

Unfortunately we cannot offer any support to transfer characters or accounts from our side to Tahadi Games.

We understand that there are quite some players affected by this blockade. All we can offer you is a suggestion to address your issue on the forums of the respective publisher.

-Silberfuchs
...ehemaliger...
[img][/img]

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 3:27pm

But I'm not an Arab, I just live there? Is this a way fro them to force me to play their lousy version of Runes of Magic? :(

Please this is not fair, well I guess I wasted my time, :(
Visit my Youtube Channel =D
My Channel
Malikoy~[Chronicles]~{Rogue/Scout}~<Smacht - PvP>

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 3:51pm

I'm not affected by this, but am still angered by the fact that this wasn't announced earlier. Middle Eastern players have not been able to log in for about a week now, and yet no one seemed to have any clue what was happening.

Didn't you (Frogster/Runewaker etc) learn from the Turkey IP ban that you can't do things this way?

This didn't magically happen with no human intervention; someone would have had to manually edit the files/tables to block ME IP's. Surely the decent thing to do would have been to tell us what was happening.

Not only ME players are affected by this. Anyone with ME guildmembers etc is now affected.

/ending now before I start raging.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 3:55pm

it's not the first time... maybe it's time frogster will publish a list of countries they have the publishing rights and which ones they will keep... within a year it now happened more than 4 times that players couldn't play the game they played (and some even spend money on it)
Server: Macantacht - Guild: Acceptance - Character: Flixxxerr - Mage 61 / Priest 56

Wanna join Acceptance? /w Slrig, Peterthethird, Masterable, Phenomx or Flixxxer ingame

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 3:59pm

An announcement of which countries YOU WILL KEEP would be nice. Too save people from wasting their money and 1 day later you decide to block them.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:10pm

Quoted from "Fixxxerr;2409616"

it's not the first time... maybe it's time frogster will publish a list of countries they have the publishing rights and which ones they will keep... within a year it now happened more than 4 times that players couldn't play the game they played (and some even spend money on it)

Hello,

We don't like this situation neither, and like Silberfuchs told it, we have never asked for an IP block.
But spreading false information like you do will not help anyone here.
The only IP blocks affecting the EU servers are Turkey and Middle East, this means only two times and not "more than four times" like you wrote it.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:10pm

Lol if this was a way to force me play the Lousy Runes of Might, then no I'm going off to either WoW or Allods, at least they are loyal to their gamers.

And I thought that ROM was the best MMO ever >:(

and yeah,
/ending before another rage post
My Channel

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:29pm

Do you not sell them the rights? Like, when you negotiate, so surely that is part of the process, which you then agree to at that time? Or did you never own the rights to your own game at the start? From what I see you give them this when you sell them the rights, so yes, Frogster does have to accept some fault for this ban..pleas ecorrect me iof I am wrong

Sorry to all my Arab friends in game, we'll miss you :(

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:33pm

I don't really blame Frogster, it is the Tahadi games to be blamed for greed of players, I mean they only got one server, one channel, and around 200 active players. Like I'm going to play Runes of Might.

We can still play ROM with proxy softwares right?
My Channel

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:36pm

Account Suspended? O_O
Why did you guys suspend my account? what if i wanted to play it again when I'm off to Europe? Why? WHTF??? >=(
My Channel

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:40pm

Quoted from "Antonidas;2409760"

Do you not sell them the rights? Like, when you negotiate, so surely that is part of the process, which you then agree to at that time? Or did you never own the rights to your own game at the start? From what I see you give them this when you sell them the rights, so yes, Frogster does have to accept some fault for this ban..pleas ecorrect me iof I am wrong

Frogster is the publisher. Runewaker is the Developer. Runewaker owns the game and sells rights to publishers to publish the game in certain countries.

Frogster don't really have any say in what IP bans they have to implement, but they should have told us a week ago when they did implement these bans.

sTrAnD

Trainee

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:47pm

Maybe there is a good idea, as Makkelele said before, just show us a list of the countries u hold the licenses for, so ppl at least know, if they can be sure that they wont get banned

deityrom

Beginner

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:03pm

agree :)

at least it will people piece at mind, not nice not knowing whether it'll soon be your country that gets blocked ...

abed393

Beginner

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:04pm

Maybe at least they could let us access US forums, I remember reading some really useful guides there, Tahadi is still new, and their forum is kinda empty :/.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:05pm

Quoted from "Antonidas;2409760"

Sorry to all my Arab friends in game, we'll miss you :(

We didn't sell any rights, Runewaker did. We only hold the license in all Europe Countries except Turkey as far as I know.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:15pm

Quoted from "Achoore;2409901"

We didn't sell any rights, Runewaker did. We only hold the license in all Europe Countries except Turkey as far as I know.

Ok sorry to Frogster then, my confusion, I'll just stay mad at you for all the bug fails and complete lack of repairs/patches, but that's for other threads. Thanks for the reply Achoore, and the fella up a bit before I saw, forgot name though hehe

abcanw

Trainee

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:22pm

I want all my money and char back , u always do that without a warning ....
No1 trust u now , runewaker can sell the licenese to another country at any time .....

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:22pm

There is way to get over IP blocks but to make it nice and clean it costs some money in month :/
Temporarily retired.
I mean Frogster style temporarily.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:23pm

Quoted from "Mkemaster;2409793"

Account Suspended? O_O
Why did you guys suspend my account? what if i wanted to play it again when I'm off to Europe? Why? WHTF??? >=(

Are you sure your account is suspended? A friend's account from Egypt does work logged on from England, so I think it shoudl only be IP issue, not account issue.

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 5:26pm

Doesn't Frogster own the game servers? Who set the IP ban? Frogster or Runewaker?