You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 9:08pm

Speed level Blacksmith to Level 30

BLACKSMITH SPEED LEVEL 1-30 ENABLING CHEAP MANUFACTURE OF GESTERO ITEMS.

This is a very simple guide, for info only, on what appears to be a very simple, fast method of levelling your skill to level 30.

It is by no means scientific, or done to the exact %, as different factors come into play, such as using remaining materials on certain levels etc.

I have stopped the imaginary 'clock' each time I had to visit the supply vendor to sell my crafted rubbish, there is also a small benefit in offering your 1-30 blue High Dura items in the AH, to claw back some of your expenses.

My main aim was to show folk that its very very easy to get to level 30, you dont need to pay huge AH prices from sellers who have been forced to use Advanced Bind Lifters.

Secondary aim being the ability for melee characters to craft for themselves the entire set of Gestero Accesories, and doing this whilst saving a few million gold.

Before you start, clear your back pack, and visit the auction house.

You will buy all the required materials in one go, saving numerous trips to the auction house.

Purchase the following materials, these numbers are approximated, each player may notice a slight difference, and using the skill set will of course require a lot LESS materials:-

Ash timber x100
Zinc sand x 300

Willow timber x 100
Tin sand x300

Maple timber x 100
Iron sand x 300

Oak timber x 300
Copper sand x 125

Pine timber x 100
Dark crystal sand x 325

Frost runes x 500

Go to varanas west, learn blacksmith skill.

To start you will be making level 1 items, using ash timber and zinc sand, make this first item until you hit level 3

Example of a common trainer recipe:-

Recipe - Short Sword
Requires Blacksmithing Level 3
Ingredients Zinc Sand*3, Ash Timber*1

Short Sword
Tier 1
Requires Level 3
Dagger 1-H
Physical Damage 27 Attack Speed 2.1
Magical Attack 15
Worth: 14 Gold

Buy the level 3 recipe from npc, and make this item until level 5.

Make the level 5 item until you hit level 7.

At this stage you may have some ash and zinc left over, use up what you have remaining on the level 7 item.

Buy the level 9 recipe, and make this item using willow timber and tin sand. Make to level 11

Buy the level 11 recipe, make to level 12. Use any left over tin and willow on the level 12 item. This may be enough to get you past level 13.

The next collection of levels using maple timber and iron sand will take you from l14 to l19, and, again, use up any remaining material on the level 19 item. There are new recipes every level, ensure you buy, and use these items every time you complete one level.

Next level set is 20-25, using copper sand and oak timber, again there are recipes for every individual level up to 25, the second you move into the next level, stop making the level before, purchase the new recipe, and make this item.

26-30 is pine timber and dark crystal sand. Again, every level provides a new recipe, and higher % gains, so make sure you always buy the new levels recipe.

In total this method will get you from level 1 to level 30 in under 1 hour, enabling you to make any of the flame dragon accesories etc, without needing a bind lifter.

This method is made much shorter if you are lucky enough to have the crafting xp set skill.

The basic rule of this simple guide is every level there is a new recipe for, buy it and use it as soon as you pass that level. Only at the end of each level set will you use / make items lower than your current level, just to use up any remaining materials you may have left over.

The level sections are as follows-
1-7 ash timber / zinc sand
8-13 willow timber / tin sand
14-19 maple timber / iron sand
20-25 oak timber / copper sand
26-30 pine timber / dark crystal

New recipes are available at the following levels:-

1,3,5,7,9,11,then every level to level 30
Catel - Siochain 70/60 P/K ,Catekilla 68/60 RS,Catetonia 55/57 D/W

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 12:28am

A handy reference guide, easily adapted to leveling other production skills...

Bookmarked!

Thank you, Catel!
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos
http://romhiddenquests.ml // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 3:05am

Change it to normal case and it'll be readable too :/
But nice guide :)
Cairnhaunt - R/S (S/R now :() - 62/62 - Crit freak
[img][/img]

Wednesday, September 29th 2010, 2:13am

epic guide dude i havent started to play yet but ive learnt heaps from the forums and guides like yours keep up the good work :)

Monday, October 11th 2010, 4:30pm

the numbers are all wrong!! wtf you need diferent amounts of ore and wood, could you pls edit this?

CBshadow92

Beginner

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 10:27pm

u use to much wood and not enough ore

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 4:49am

Looks like the numbers for wood and ore are the wrong way round...?
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 9:19am

Thanks for pointing out my indavertant typo, the required quantities were transposed, which has now been corrected.

I have also mentioned that the numbers are not exact, and if you read further through the guide you will see I advise using any remaining materials from each level as you level up, thus ensuring you are not 'Wasting' any over purchased materials.

It is of course totally up to you, the player, to decide if you want to use your remaining materials at the end of each level stage, or simply resell back in the AH,

I have also removed the CAPS as requested, and made a few small changes, & finally, Many thanks for your feedback

Cate
Catel - Siochain 70/60 P/K ,Catekilla 68/60 RS,Catetonia 55/57 D/W

runoutofnames

Professional

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 2:08pm

May i make a suggestion that whilst gathering all your ingredients you will pick up enhanced and blue recipes which you can then make higher dura items and also speed up your gathering skills.The pain comes from needing to make ingots and planks. A suggested no to craft of the blue items is two as you cannot garauntee the stats you get .

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 3:14pm

Awsome you changed it :D now its great guide. and when i make some new money il be sure to use it :D

Jiliwang

Beginner

Tuesday, November 2nd 2010, 11:26am

The amount of herbs,ores and woods are the same for every crafting skill??? Or do i need a different amount if im going to armour craft? :panic::panic::panic:

Belcebub

Professional

Occupation: Armorcrafter, alchemist etc... oh u mean irl? um, i excell at slacking

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 6:47pm

Replace the wood with herbs and it's usable. Same for every other craft, there's always the primary and secondary material needed. For blacksmithing primary is Ore (also for armorcrafting), secondary wood (herbs for armorcrafting). So basically you can translate this guide to any crafting skill, just figure out what mats u need instead of Ore and Wood (although not many crafts are useful untill higher lvls, Blacksmithing really is the exception here thanx to the kind dragons Lytfir and Gestero :p).

And to comment the guide, ty, it does totaly what u advertise it to do :) we all know it gets much slower and harder and more expensive later on, but that's something for a "lvl 30 to lvl 60 crafting lvling guide" :p
Ticklemonster W70/wd67/d60, Pixiefrog R70/k66/m55
[img][/img]

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 5:37pm

What's the total amount of money needed to do this?
A Roleplayer, and damn proud of it!

Darthorium

Beginner

Saturday, December 11th 2010, 7:45pm

Quoted from "UnderStinger;2658367"

It depends completely on how cheaply players are selling the needed materials, some sell for cheaper than others

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Sunday, December 12th 2010, 2:51am

Quoted from "UnderStinger;2658367"

None - you can farm and refine the mats yourself.

eff13

Intermediate

Monday, December 13th 2010, 11:33am

Quoted from "Darthorium;2752783"

It depends completely on how cheaply players are selling the needed materials, some sell for cheaper than others

You can buy all needed for mementos in Boulderwind Village (Weeping Coast).
WTT T10 legendary dagger for 3xT10 stones :)
Effie of Siochain - R/K: 63.8K HP, 38.5k patt (self buffed, no pet)

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 2:09am

-.-? What about frost runes that are required at lvl 14+ ??

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Sunday, February 6th 2011, 8:42pm

What about them?

Find a mob that drops them & keep killing til you have a few hundred.

Wednesday, February 16th 2011, 5:03am

Great guide :)

Tho this is wrong

"Oak timber x 300
Copper sand x 125"

Needs to be other way around :)
Fabulus

Mage/Priest tho these days seems like i'm a Priest/Mage :P

im4x

Trainee

Wednesday, March 16th 2011, 3:22pm

Thanks dude this guide was really helpful<3 and guys dont forget u can buy mats from Weeping Coast by using mementos :)
[img][/img]