You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Zalmah

Master

• "Zalmah" started this thread

Monday, August 1st 2011, 4:20pm

Warden Class Feedback - Patch 4.0.1

Greetings Wardens,

Patch 4.0.1 made some significant steps for Wardens, and we would be very interested to know what you think about your class after the recent changes.

We have provided a template with which you can provide us your feedback.

Please ensure that you use this template, otherwise we will not be able to forward your feedback as fast as possible.

Your Stats

Source code

Class combination:
Levels:
Gear (please choose one): 
[list]
[*]Quest equip
[*]Statted quest equip
[*]Ready for Candara-Instances
[*]Ready for Dungeon of Dalanis
[*]Ready for Warnorken Arena
[*]Ready for Kawaks Tomb
[*]Ready for Raksha Temple bronze + mode
[*]Ready for Grafu’s/Sardo’s Castle[/list]
I see myself as (please choose one): 
[list] 
[*]Tank
[*]Healer
[*]DD (range)
[*]DD (melee)
[*]DD (magic)
[*]Support
[*]Hybrid (please name at least two of the options before)[/list]

Feedback

Source code

Skill name: 
Skill type (please choose one): 
[list]
[*]General
[*]Primary only
[*]Elite skill
[*]Set skill[/list]
My skill level:
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestions:

Important: You don’t need to fill out everthing, so if you don’t have any feedback about a skill, feel free to skip that point and mark it with a "-/-".

Also, you are not required to comment on every single skill you have – just simply name the skills which you would like to provide feedback for!

Example

Quoted

Skill name: example skill
  • Primary only

My skill level: 64
Positive: - The skill does high damage, but is not too strong compared with my other skills
Neutral: -/-
Negative: - High mana costs
Bugs: -/-
Suggestion: This skill currently has a very high mana cost which makes it ineffective. It would be good if this skill would cost less mana.

Posts that start a discussion or don’t stick to the template will be deleted to keep the thread clean. This is not because we want to end your discussions, but to ease our work in gathering the feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Your Runes of Magic team

Monday, August 1st 2011, 5:41pm

Class combination: wd/m
Levels: 29/20ish(?)
Gear (please choose one): quest gear
i see myself as: maybe Offtank?

Skill: Heart of the Oak + Oak Blessing
My skill level: 25
Positive: -\-
Neutral: lvl 25 heals 1300/5sec; lvl 65 will heal 3300/5sec
Negative: too much health regen/5 early game
Bugs:
Suggestions: maybe make the regen/5 scale with a smaller base HP + stamina

Sry for the quick comment/discussion about the current skill, but atm this skill early game reaches an absurd health regen that allows a warden to withstand 15 mobs of same lvl attacking him, where any other class with same gear as mine would die in 6 seconds... wd/m early on is indestructible as long as no1 kills him before those 5 seconds. I do believe that endgame it is ok, but having such an advantage early on, even for a class that spent most of the time weak and useless, this is too much. Better have another way around to give him those late-game 3300HP regen/5 than having what we have now....

----------------------------------------------

Class combination: wd/r
Levels: 58/53
Gear (please choose one): mostly hos gear
i see myself as: DD

Skill: Oak Walker
My skill level: 25
Positive: nice mechanic of making him use Sepal Stab everytime warden crit hits
Neutral: -\-
Negative: Even though due to the bug this is still difficult to evaluate, his dmg is still inferior. a power of wood spirit does more dmg than a sepal stab, and imo should be the other way around
Bugs: Oak walker looses HP everytime warden makes a crit hit; might also be related with the use of briar shield
Suggestions: Fix the bug, increase its dmg

Skill: enhanced accurancy
My skill level: 50 - maxed
Negative: wasnt touched during patch, plus 5% increase only isnt enough for a notorious increase in acc, specially when we have another class (druid) that increases it in a based vallue + bigger %
Bugs: -\-
Suggestions: increase its %, a 10% would already make this skill stand out

Elite Skill: Gravel Attack
My skill level: 54
Negative: Not worthy to use this skill in a rotation, specially when target enemy reaches 30%HP (when power of wood spirit crits more often) because the extra DoT effect is magic based, very low dmg even if warden was a magic based char, and the consuption of MP due to that extra effect is ridiculous
Bugs: -\-
Suggestions: since now wd has no attachments to the magic side, best to change this DoT to physical dmg, and reduce its MP consuption. Oter possible change is adding another different extra to that skill
player that "seems" to play since beta days:
Nebojsha - And face it, each class got at least one bad elite. For r/s it is coerce (well 50/50 one is bad too). Not each elite HAS to be useful.

Monday, August 1st 2011, 8:11pm

Class combination:Wd/D
Levels:51/47
Gear (please choose one): quest gear

Statted: quest equip

Ready for idk, its a kinda left behind project for me

I see myself as (please choose one): Support/dd(melee)/healer /off-tank

Skill name: Charged Cleave
General
My skill level: 1 (reset from 40)
Positive: -/-
Neutral: neat skill
Negative: 2s cast, doesnt benefit from 2s cast, enemy break the skill if it runs behind you
Bugs: doesnt benefit from 2s cast??
Suggestion: Give it back the 2s cast bonus

Skill name: Dispel Curse
Elite skill
My skill level: non-upgradeable
Positive: - Dispels a curse
Negative: - pet left click skill, need too be close too the target and the pet
Bugs: -pet left click skills often, even when all conditions r met, dont trigger and even when they do it take several sec too do so
Suggestion: Make it right click automatic dispel in range of 75 every 60 sec,do too long CD this skill should not interfere with other automatic buffs

Skill name: Magic Control
Elite Skill
My skill level: 0
Positive: - Drops the dmg done by ur enemy
Negative: - pet skill, uses the pet that is not favorable too the combo
Bugs: -pet left click skills often, even when all conditions r met, dont trigger and even when they do it take several sec too do so
Suggestion: Make it useable by the warden itself

Skill name: Quick reflex
Elite Skill
Positive: -
Neutral: -pet passive skill
Negative: -this skill plain doent do anything since our main pet is crystal and should not get attacked in the first place
Bugs: -
Suggestion: No.1: make it into a party buff
No.2:Make it increase the effect of Crystalline Acceleration, and add a slight dodge/crit resist too it

Skill name: Earht Spirit Essence
Elite Skill
My skill level: 0(reset from 50)
Positive: - extra dmg
Negative: -too lil too matter
Suggestion: No.1: Let it add a slight patk/heal bonus
No.2: Let it add a 2-30% resistance on a our party members against AOE attacks

Skill name: Natural Spring
Elite Skill
My skill level: upgrades with Charge Cleave 0(reset from 40)
Positive: - add heal effect
Negative: -too lil too matter, doesnt benefit from 2sec cast
Bugs: -doesnt benefit from 2sec cast??
Suggestion: Add a small % too this skill also make it take effect on Frantic Briar and add the 2sec cast bonus plz

Skill name: Connection
Elite Skill
My skill level: non-upgradeable
Neutral: -add extra dmg on ur pet
Negative: -we dont really need an upgrade for a pet that we mostly will not use
Suggestion: Make it also increase healing of Crystal and warden

General impresion of a class-combo: While wardens get there direction with the new update toward melee, the Wd/D was left behind with all-spread stats and skills, as currentlly doesnt have a role in party as it neither a dd, nor a tank, and it support r too lil too have a sigificant impact on a party performance. Whatever the result of this feedback will be, we currently need elite skills too better connect with one another as otherwise this combo serves no usefull purpose.

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 3:49pm

My stats:
Class Combination: R/WD
Level: 62/57
Gear: Ready for RT normal (with tactics => KT normal)
I see myself as: DD (melee)

Quoted

Skill name: Charged Chop (still called like this with me)
Skill type: General
Skill level: 57
Neutral: Isn't useful in pvp, but don't mind since it was powerfull
Negative: Since patch, the damage is dropped by 50%, while nothing is changed in description.
Bugs: Damage drop of 50% and i don't see any difference with the range changed after starting the cast
Suggestion: Leave it like it was before this patch

Quoted

Skill name: Wound patch
Skill type: Elite skill
Skill level: 52
Positive: Has potential for PVP
Negative: It's added with healformula => rogue/warden doesn't wear anything that get's HealBonus Points. This result in around 1.5k heal and this after 30seconds. Battles don't take so long to make this efficiënt.
Suggestion: Make it x% of maximum HP (10% with 25sec triggering like POTWS when warden main, since we lose this... or 6% with 4sec is samething like D/WD 50/50 elite)

Quoted

Skill name: Briar Shield
Skill level: 50
Positive: Nice addition for small dps
Negative: -/-
Bugs: Isn't changed and it still says only Physical Attack and not both
Suggestion: Change description and correct mechanics to correct this

Quoted

Skill name: Phantom Blade
Skill type: Eliteskill
Skill level: 43 (stopped wasting TP for it)
Positive: Idea is great and funny to see
Negative: They keep dieing with 1 aoe... + HP is very low + Damage isn't based on weapon, low... + Misses olmost 80% of their hits + 5% HP/MP cost for this is to high
Bug: -/-
Suggestion: Make them survive aoe's + HP in scale of masters HP + Dmg based no mainhand weapon + Accuracy based on master. If this adjusted, then i'm gladly to give up 5% HP/MP for it.
If only these things are adjusted, then the combo would be perfectly balanced.
Erythri D/Wd (72/58): updating (unb 64k hp/ 52k matt/ 125k critheals) a true druid ;)
Below buffed, but still missing => 10% matt from pet, Light Fluffy Bread (15% +4k matt), essence magic, p/s buff
[img][/img]

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 9:48pm

Warden/Druid - (in fact after 'balance' Druid/Warrior - as Warden is benched )
levels Wd62/D57/Warrior50)

gear - leftovers from my D/S - DS/WA healer/dps cloth gear, Arena Scepter and Savage Staff
role - after patch 4.0.1 - gatherer until druid side is leveled :(

Will use a template of my own as thus can better concentrate on the problems with skills/mechanics/design

Pets: except Wd/S who uses Chiron, rest have choice between 3 pets. With the latest patch if you are in party there is nothing to choose from - buffs from Nature Crystal (bug on skillbar tooltip - 13.8 instead of 5% for speed buff) are far superior than any possible benefit from SotO or Walker. If you are not in party, pets are irrelevant as anyway mobs in normal zones are 1hitted

- Oak Walker - bugged - if you crit, pet receives damage from 'Sepal Stab', if target crits - pet damages you

- AoE damage reduction is increased from 80% to 100% but now pets take full damage from boss skills (bug?).

Pet buffs:
- Protection of Nature offers too little crit rate increase (0.08% per skill level) to be even worth considering not using best pet but this buff.
- so for Wd/W (tank) - Heart of Oak for survivability, for dps - Power of Oak for more 2h damage

So far 2 pets except for fun are now good only for buffs, 3rd pet on the other hand has way inferior buff.

2handed mastery: - was about time to become mastery indeed
- negative: 2h axes/swords are the weapons with lowest proficiency for warden - hence greatly decreased accuracy. If the class is supposed to use them - correct this
- more negative: makes obsolete Wd/R dual wield, doesn't affect 2h staff (though magic Warden had pDmg only as nice bonus)

Enhanced Accuracy: - capped at 5%, when by default 2 handers cause massive accuracy penalty (see above)

Elven Guidance - still useless - IF pet hits you get double the spent MP - and small amount btw

Charged Cleave: - no longer has cast time multiplier - still range 50 - why would smb even bother casting it if target can walk away and besides spamming 2 PotWS has better dps?

A bit more about Warden skills:
- most skills have 2sec cast time but Lute and Guitar don't stack. As attack speed is way more important, the class is gimped in his ability to reduce casting times
- Suggestion: - make Lute and Guitar (attack speed and cast speed) stackable - this won't affect other classes as Warden is the only hybrid depending both on attack speed and cast times.

Warden/Druid (aka magic warden - R.I.P)

A bit of history:

By design pre-patch 4.0.1 - magic DPS/Offhealer/cleanser
in ch3 magic damage was too low in endgame and no offhealers were needed in Priest+5 Scouts parties. Was real fun to play but like many other combos was of no use in endgame.

Ch4: Elite Skill Earth Spirit Essence - thanks to new formula, this entirely changed the combo. Massive earth damage from white hits significantly improved the overall dps - before that the effect was a bit of fixed dmg not scaling with mAtta/Dmg.
Suddenly the combo became viable and able to deliver quite decent dps during burst or be useful support rest of the time.

Patch 4.0.1
- Warden/Druid is changed to be secondary party healer o.O

Elite Skill Natural Spring - Charged Cleave turns into short range party heal.
- no cast time multiplier - so practically is 4-5 times weaker than Priest GH and at 65-70% of Druid MEF (instant!) with way closer range, even if you use uber healer gear
- although Healing Bonus/mDmg etc influence the heal, skill level changes nothing (bug?)
- the need of successful hit on a target to heal in melee range makes it quite unreliable

Elite Skill Crystal Heal - fixed regen - 5 ticks 400 hp each if maxed - unless changed to use normal healing formula - useless

Warden/Druid before patch wasn't suited for physical dps, now with nerfed Charged Cleave - even less. When you mix in 1 combo heals and magical damage from the elites and secondary, while leave only physical damage on class specific and general - you either need well thought complex of elite skills or combo is broken.

Now choice is: weak healer with strong white attacks and removal of poison/curse (not really impressive), or Warden spamming PotWS without elites/secondary (still able to remove poison/curse) and pathetic heals/earth bonus to white attacks/way lower accuracy. By design healer gear does not support physical dps or does chain heals.

Fixing it as physical dps with current design seems impossible. Druid side offers 1 heal, 1 magic attack, cleansing and some support skills, elites provide 2 heals (too week now even if going full healer), 1 magic attack, 1 party buff skill, cleansing and rest are useless pet related ones.

A possible fix as healer/mag dps:
- give Charged Cleave cast time bonus (at least for heal effects - and skill levels should matter too)
- make Crystal Heal scale with gear
- replace Elite Skill Magic Control (yes, it was just 'balanced' but for pet that won't be used - so waste of skill) with old Soul Attack but with lower cd (anyway only WD/D was using this skill without problems to keep pet at full health
- replace another Elite Skill - Connection (increasing damage of pet - especially magic one, while healing it with Prayer - leftover from pre-patch skills - and pet is expected to be non-aggro Nature Crystal) - with useful AoE skill. It could be old Crystal Explosion, could be some utility like mage's Discharge etc
- as Warden has no heal/magic mastery - possible buff is 2handed mastery to add % to staff mDmg

I know it is hard to completely overhaul entire class that was mostly broken, but destroying in the process one of the few combos that by accident began functioning recently is a bad joke. Combos like P/W, W/M Wd/D are unique and a lot of fun to play - so why destroy another druid secondary? r/d and w/d are long dead and buried, S/D has same fate since ch4 - is it really necessary to add wd/d to the list - as after last patch combo is rendered unplayable - unable to be neither healer , physical or magical dps, not to speak of tanking, no mater how you gear it. If the plan is to turn all Wardens into physical - then at least add some usable elite skills to compensate for the removed/changed 4 magical attacks.
Tempestina - Druid/Scout/Mage 70/65/65 - currently inactive

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 11:30pm

Class combination: wd/s
Levels: 67/57
Gear (please choose one): ready for RT normal
I see myself as: dd, offtank

In general, wardens are kings of slowness. Everything takes sooo long that we can show our power only in very long fights. In other cases we simply do not have time to cast anything, we are either dead or our targets are killed by someone else.

Skill name: Charged chop / cleave
Skill type (please choose one): General
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative:
Bugs: This skill did not change for me after the patch. I am waiting for repair :)
Suggestion:

Skill name: Briar shield
My skill level: 50
Positive: Very helpful, makes nice hits.
Neutral:
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion: Make it reflect also magical damage.

Skill name: Elven amulet
Positive: 20% dmg reduction is fine.
Neutral: 10 seconds is just too little.
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion: Make it 30s skill (same as knight’s Shield of Valor)

Skill name: Thorny Vines
Skill type (please choose one): Primary only
My skill level: 30
Positive:
Neutral: I am not in favor with fixed dps as we do not know how well does it scale with our equipment. For me it ticks only for 4k which is almost unnoticable (8s skill did not do more dmg than one hit by PoWS)
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion: DoTs are nice, but I usually do not have time to use them in my rotation (PoWS, Submission, Vampire Arrows, Shot, Antimagic Arrow). It should have way longer lasting, in other case, it is not worthy to use the time to cast it. Maybe add some kind of debuff that another wardens skill use…

Skill name: Elven Prayer
Skill type (please choose one): Primary Only
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative: Still do not heal enough.
Bugs:
Suggestion: I still cannot really heal my pet, it is always easier to summon him again.

Skill name: Movement restriction
Positive: Works good
Neutral:
Negative: 45s cooldown is too much.
Bugs:
Suggestion: Make cooldown only 30s.

Skill name: Anti-Magic Arrow
Skill type (please choose one): Elite
My skill level: 55
Positive: Nice damage
Neutral:
Negative: Often misses (more than other arrows), 300 MP on skill lvl 55 is not much.
Bugs:
Suggestion: Make it regen 2x more MP.

Skill name: Damage Transfer
My skill level: -
Positive: This one is ok, no need for change at me :)
Neutral:
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill name: Submission
Skill type (please choose one): Elite
My skill level: 60
Positive: Good dmg
Neutral: Is uses much focus but I usually have enough to cast both my arrows and this skill.
Negative: This skill crits too little. So in the end it makes same dmg per hit as PoWS. I still do not really understand how can different skills have different crit chance.
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill name: Frantic Briar
Positive: Nice spamable dmg.
Neutral:
Negative: 2s cast is just too much. In all cases I am in favor of instant cast and longer cooldowns.
Bugs:
Suggestion: Make it instant with 2s cooldown or something like that :)

Skill name: Natural Lifeline
My skill level: 55
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative: 16% HP at lvl 55 is too little. Pets are so weak that this should be one zero more (160%).
Bugs:
Suggestion: Make it much much more…

Skill name: Vitality explosion
Positive: 10% HP? Yes!
Neutral:
Negative: The problem is with the timing. It usually heals me with my first hit. But it is the situation when I am at full health. Then I have to wait another 25s to let it heal myself again which is just too long to be used in the combat I started.
Bugs:
Suggestion: Shorten the cooldown or make it start only when HP drops below for example 80%. Or both :)

Skill name: Elven Guidance
Positive: Good idea.
Neutral:
Negative: Too low MP, too short duration.
Bugs:
Suggestion: Raise the MP amount (twice at least).

Skill name: Cross Chop
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative: Targeting problems.
Bugs:
Suggestion: Make it like mage’s Thunderstorm, so it will be different from Frantic Briar.

Skill name: Centaur’s Arrow
Skill type (please choose one): Pet skill
My skill level: 54
Positive: Very nice dmg, but do not know why the hits are 130k, do not know on what it is based on.
Neutral: The new crit bonus is… I saw it only twice, it should be enhanced somehow.
Negative: It is slow. 2s cast is warden’s favourite… Usable only at long bossfights. And does not scale with my equip. The hits are same with my armor and weapon on as naked.
Bugs:
Suggestion: Rework the crit bonus.

Skill name: Valiant Shot
Skill type (please choose one): Pet skill
My skill level: 51
Positive: Nice dmg, but less then Centaurs arrow (but Arrow is 488 and Valiant 549…).
Neutral: The 6s cooldown… I am using it only as the first shot in the fight.
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill name: Beast King Attack
Skill type (please choose one): Itemset
Positive: Very nice dmg. Best looking skill in the game (!!!).
Neutral: 2s cast again. Why should I use it instead of Frantic Briar that does not require targeting?
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion: Add some additional effect, for example knockdown effect. Then warden can start with this skill and continue with Frantic Briar. Melee Discharge, yes! :)

And more:
The Centaur overaggro me very easily. And if I am solo, he dies. The 100% AOEdmg reduction do not work. Buffs from Nature Crystals are scary, make them less eye aggresive pls :) And about weapon proficiency and accuracy was written enough by my predecessors :)

Completely useless skills (need to be removed and replaced):

wd/s lvl 50 elite: Sacrifice
itemset skills: Unbind (Hunter's set)

Wednesday, August 3rd 2011, 12:37pm

Class combination: Warden / Mage
Levels: 50/45
Gear (please choose one):
• Statted quest equip
I see myself as:
• DD (magic)
Skill name: Summon Nature Crystal
Skill type:
• Primary only
As a Wd/M you are dependent on your Nature Crystals Ranged Attacks. The actually best part of the Nature Crystal was that it could assist you with distant magic attacks. My whole equip is based on MATK, which increased the Dmg Output of Nature's Revenge, the once best skill of the Wd/M.
Negative: Destroying the Nature Crystal by taking its ability to even auto attack, you took away the all-around Damage Potential of a MATK Damage Dealing Wd/M.
Suggestions: In my opinion you need to return a way the nature crystal can deal damage.
Skill name: Soul Attack
Skill type:
• Primary only
Negative: You kinda deleted that skill. This skill was another way to deal great magical damage on distance as a Warden. It wasn’t my favorite skill, because everytime you used it, your pet did lose an enormous amount of help, which isn’t fair as others players could nearly one hit the pet. The cooldown was too high aswell.
Suggestions: It’s not a solution to delete a skill which is so important for a class combo. Either it is no solution do just re- implant the skill, the way it was. The Wd/M needs a distance magic attack skill, otherwise the Wd/M Combo is getting useless.
Skill name: Oak Blessing
Skill type:
• Elite skill
Positive: Nice Buff! Might be a bit strong in the early game, but before it was kinda useless.
Negative: 15 Minutes is way too short. If you go for dungeons and have to recast those spells 4times per hour has nothing to do with skill or not, its just annoying.
Suggestions: Buffs like this should work like an aura, which means it should work as long as you live. Buffs by potions or food are definitely time based buffs, but I don’t think that it should be the same with class buffs. Another I guess much more important Suggestion is how you could balance this spell. Giving the skill 2500hp/ 5sec on lvl 50 is already strong, but fair. On early levels with 900hp/ 5sec way too strong. You should let this skill work like this x%hp /5 sec. This way the skill is very effective in the late game, and still good but not too overpowered in the early game.
Skill name: Narrow Escape
Skill type:
• Elite skill
Negative: Now that my Nature Crystall is immortal, this skill is useless.
Skill name: Spiritual Feedback
Skill type:
• Elite skill

Negative: Once the best passive Elite skill, now pretty useless because Soul Attack was deleted.
Suggestions: I would implement Soul Attack again. Spiritual Feedback should decrease the Health used not just by 10% but by 30% so that no health is used once casting Soul Attack. Otherwise the Nature Crystal which is already fragile is pretty useless.
Skill name: Crystal Explosion / Crystal Boost
Skill type:
• Primary only / Elite skill
Negative: Crystal Explosion was deleted and the Elite Skill became useless. Which makes already 3 elite skills the warden / mage class did lose?
Suggestions: A new “usefull” elite Skill. Something which gives you the ability to play more like a Magical Damage Dealer would be good.
Skill name: Explosion of Power
Skill type:
• Primary only
Negative: It became useless because Nature Crystal cant attack anymore.
Suggestions: Nature Crystal has to be reworked... completely.
Skill name: Tough Oak
Skill type:
• Elite skill
Negative: The skill was useless before, because a 1hit Nature Crystal with 100 Defense or 200 Defense is still a 1 hit Nature Crystal. Now the Crystal can’t be the target of attacks, which makes this skill completely useless.
Suggestions: Again… The Nature Crystal has to be reworked... completely.
Skill name: Elven Guidance
Skill type:
• Primary only
Negative: It became useless because Nature Crystal cant attack anymore.
Suggestions: Again… The Nature Crystal has to be reworked... completely.

I was really happy as a “Warden Patch” came out. But seeing that the Warden/Mage was not buffed, but instead ruined kinda made me really sad. The Warden/mage combo cannot be used anymore, neither in solo, neither pvp nor in dungeons. The new Nature Crystal spells are pretty nice, but no group would change a priest or a druid for a nature crystal buff. The ability to deal serious damage was cut off as well. In the end all that is left for a Warden/ Mage is the new Nature Crystal Buff. If you want to create a competitive Warden, a usefull Warden, please think wise about your decisions. Don’t just create random skills, because if you continue like this, there is only one thing left to say about Runes of Magic – Evolution Doesn't Always Mean Progress.
I hope I could inspire you a bit. Keep up the good work!
Best regards
Asuraz

Friday, August 12th 2011, 10:21am

Class combination:Wd/D
Levels: 67/67
Gear: DS

Statted:mostly temple/tomb/crimson stats

Ready for WA

I see myself as Support/dd(melee)

Skill name: Charged Cleave
My skill level: 65
Neutral: 588% dps at lvl 65
Negative: 2s cast, doesnt benefit from 2s cast, can be interrupted, other dps do several times your damage in 2 s even when it worked (before change can`t say for now as it does less damage now)
Bugs: doesnt benefit from 2s cast?
Suggestion: Give it back the 2s cast bonus or change to 1 sec or instant

Skill name: Power of the wood spirit
My skill level: 67
Positive: instant/no cd/additional heal
Neutral:
Negative: damage too low compared too other classes main attack skills
Bugs: heal mostly works on first hit which is a somewhat useless
Suggestion: add some primary skill to increase damage, make heal only start at 90% or less

Skill name: Briar Shield
My skill level: 50 (max)
Positive: enemies get 5% dps damage if they hit you
Neutral:
Negative: only when they hit you which mostly doesn`t happen as only wd/w has aggro skills
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill name: Enhanced Accuracy
Positive:
Neutral: +5% Accuracy
Negative: no effect whatsoever as far as I can tell. I miss quite often and even with skills which no other class does afaik
Bugs:
Suggestion:remove completely and give some usefull skill that increases attributes (or attack) like otther classes have

Skill name: Elven amulet
My skill level: 0 (max)
Positive: reduces pdam by 20%
Neutral:
Negative: only physical, 10 sec
Bugs:
Suggestion: add protection for mdam, increase %

Skill name: Savage Power
Positive: +17% patt
Neutral:
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion: might be a good to make it 25%

Skill name: Summon spirit of oak/oak walker/nature crystal
Skill type: Primary
Positive:
Neutral: summons pet
Negative: takes way too long
Bugs:
Suggestion: reduce cast time by at least 50%

Skill Name: Thorny vine
Positive: dot
Neutral:
Negative: damage too low, duration too low
Bugs:
Suggestion: make damage %dps, increase duration
Skill Name: Elven Prayer
Positive: heals pet
Neutral:
Negative: 2min cd???
Bugs: doesn`t work as it only heals once
Suggestion: fix bug, reduce cd

Skill Name: Heart of the oak
Positive: huge boost to pdef
Neutral:
Negative: mostly only of use for wd/w all else use power of the oak anyway, need to resummon pet when it runs out to regain buff
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill Name: Frantic Briar
My skill level: 57
Positive: really good aoe, best wd skill atm imao
Neutral:
Negative: can be interrupted
Bugs:
Suggestion: make it non interruptible

Skill Name: Protection of Nature
Positive:
Neutral: increases crit chance
Negative: way too low increase. no one uses that pet for buff as Power of the oak gives better damage and crystal buffs are quite usefull
Bugs:
Suggestion: increase by large amount and add %

Skill Name: 2h-weapon mastery
Positive: +50% 2h damage
Neutral:
Negative: why only 50? warrior has 75 and wardens are still way behind all other classes in damage
Bugs:
Suggestion: make it 75% as with warrior

Skill Name: Natural lifeline
Positive: +19,1% pet hp
Neutral:
Negative: why only hp? pets need way more def/dodge/parry/block to be able to survive
Bugs:
Suggestion: increase % and add pdef/mdef

Skill Name: Power of the oak
]Skill type: Primary
Positive: +15% 2h damage
Neutral:
Negative: pet must be resummoned when time runs out before able to regain buff
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill Name: Elven guidance
Positive: regain mana when pets hit
Neutral:
Negative: as my main pet (not used for buffs) is nature crystal this is now completely useless as it can`t attack anymore
Bugs:
Suggestion: make poww hits also generate mp?

Skill Name: Cross Chop
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative: only frontal, need a target
Bugs:
Suggestion: make it a real aoe that hits all around you

Skill Name: Crystalline acceleration/protection
Positive: really nice party buffs
Neutral:
Negative: 15 sec duration, a huge lag creator
Bugs:
Suggestion: increase duration to at least 1 min better 5

Skill Name:dispel curse
Skill type: elite
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative: needs to be clicked very often to even work, never "met" an effect that could be cleaned by it
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill Name: Magic control
Skill type: Elite
Positive: reduces matt and patt
Neutral:
Negative: oak walker skill, which is used for buff so useless
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill Name: Quick reflexes
Positive: increases crit physical resistance and dodge
Neutral:
Negative: doesn`t seem to make any difference pets still die pretty quick
Bugs:
Suggestion: increase dodge (add %)

Skill Name: Earth spirit essence
Skill type: elite
My skill level: 60
Positive: adds earth damage to white hits
Neutral:
Negative: to white hits only
Bugs:
Suggestion: make it work with skill hits also maybe add some skill to increase earth damage

Skill Name: Natural Spring
Positive: hits with charged cleave heal group
Neutral:
Negative:
Bugs: tends to heal everything
Suggestion:

Skill Name: Connection
Positive: elven prayer can increase pdam/mdam of pets
Neutral:
Negative: with high cd of elven prayer and nature crystal not able to attack pretty much useless as well
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill Name: blade of protection
My skill level:65
Positive: +10%pdef to party, works most of the time
Neutral:
Negative:
Bugs:
Suggestion:

Skill Name: craystal heal
Positive: party hot
Neutral:
Negative: needs to be clicked quite often to work at all
Bugs:
Suggestion:make it so you need only click once at least

Some words about the "magic"change:
I never quite understood how anyone would ever go for magic damage on warden as his main attacks were clearly physical and the magical one were quite crappy before change.
So please don`t complain about the changes that made those skills physical, too.

Now to the class mix changes:
how come only some of the mixes got boosted and others were kind of "destroyed".
a lot of my elites have become quite useless now and I heard that goes for wd/mage as well.
my damage output has increased a bit, but I`m still way behind.
the best improvement has been for wd/w who now can even wear plate while some other mixes didn`t get much more exept for the damage increase and the nice frantic briar improvement.
"The Warden is an outstanding close combatant" The Wardens are the combat elite among the Elves. Years of training with the most diverse weapons mean that they mature into their people's greatest warriors
can`t really see that as all other classes with same gear still do way more damage than I do!

Zalmah

Master

• "Zalmah" started this thread

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 3:41pm

Hello Wardens,

Thanks for leaving your feedback. For those of you who are contemplating leaving further feedback, you have until Monday 22nd of August.