You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "StormriderX" started this thread

Monday, September 26th 2011, 2:28pm

Promos

Can we go back to what we used to have in terms of different promos everyday apart from weekends where it last all weekend. At least that way if the promo offers nothing of interest there isn't a long wait before next one comes up with something different.

Take this current promo that is running for effectively 1 week, I have zero interest in the gashas apart from buying a few arcane ones as I needed the charges. However, I have no need for the rest of the items on the promo and further more have no desire to waste diamonds on gambling. IMO it is gambling because I am paying for the privilege, and more often that not I will end up with junk I don't need, so I'm unwilling to gamble.

From a personal point of view it simply means I will not be spending any Dias this week, and if I'm not spending there is no need for me to consider topping up. Given the feedback on world chat when the promo was first announced more than a few people feel the same way. So any chance you can cut short this terrible promo and put something new in it's place? Puris +12 perfects or +16 jewels would be nice. Oh and one more thing can promos make a little more sense sometimes, like the last time you put +16 jewels for wings on you did not offer any perfect +12 Jewels. So that leaves people with option of buying and hoping perfect +12 comes on at some point in near future, or they have item they can't use. Or they can choose not to buy.

As a company looking to make profit from a game that people continue to spend money on, I would expect to see more effort on promos at least, if you are not willing to spend you time fixing the multitude of bugs etc etc since Dias are your revenue stream...
Stormriderm Mage/Priest/Knight 67/67/55
Stormriders Scout/Rogue 61/60
Stormriderx Warrior/Rogue 57/29

Siobhain

Professional

Monday, September 26th 2011, 2:37pm

I can agree with this.

In fact I *could* probably go further and say that there is too much of a reliance on promos both in Item Shop and for Recharging. I'd rather see lower prices, wider availability of items and give the promotions a more rare, special billing. Oh an ditch the obsolete items.

But I'll resist. ;)

....and for now I'll just give this a +1
Today is hug~a~Dwarf day. :D
Just watch out for the 'crotch meets face' issue. O.o

Zalmah

Master

Thursday, September 29th 2011, 9:46pm

Hey StormriderX, thanks for the feedback. Would really appreciate it if your title was a bit more specific - because the content here is really interesting but the "Promos" title made it a little vague. I only stumbled across this post because I was searching for feedback on the +16 Jewels.

Friday, September 30th 2011, 8:31am

Quoted

I only stumbled across this post because I was searching for feedback on the +16 Jewels.
feedback: +16 jewels shouldnt be in game... I`d love to see remove them entirely...
S/W 62/62 - M/P 62/62 - R/K 62/62

If even there is a dark way to win, I would stay honest, even fight against the horde alone and lose...

Friday, September 30th 2011, 8:46pm

Quoted from "Feuspower;3600244"

feedback: +16 jewels shouldnt be in game... I`d love to see remove them entirely...

there is already +20 jewels in game :P

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:41pm

+16 jewels are already in-game, so the cat's out of the bag and it would be wrong for many reasons to remove them and unfair to players. What can be done now, is to offer everyone a chance at getting them and not 500 dia package with 1 jewel inside...
Guild Leader and Founder of Dominion
-> Playing Knight since Open Beta <-
* RETIRED Until further noteworthy change... *

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Zalmah

Master

Friday, September 30th 2011, 11:33pm

Quoted from "MCOnyx;3602158"

+16 jewels are already in-game, so the cat's out of the bag and it would be wrong for many reasons to remove them and unfair to players. What can be done now, is to offer everyone a chance at getting them and not 500 dia package with 1 jewel inside...

We're considering the options very carefully, and also considering the wider impact that item shop promotions have on the game and the economy. This weekend, as you may have noticed, no further +16 jewels have been released into the game. Infact we haven't chosen to include +16 jewels in any promotions for a long time, and we want to ensure that they are a rare and prized aspect of the game. We may bring them back at some point in the future. I can only advise you to keep an eye on the website and the special offers section of the forums.

Regards,
Zalmah

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 2:28am

Quoted from "Zalmah;3602266"

We're considering the options very carefully, and also considering the wider impact that item shop promotions have on the game and the economy. This weekend, as you may have noticed, no further +16 jewels have been released into the game. Infact we haven't chosen to include +16 jewels in any promotions for a long time, and we want to ensure that they are a rare and prized aspect of the game. We may bring them back at some point in the future. I can only advise you to keep an eye on the website and the special offers section of the forums.

Regards,
Zalmah

In other words we have given an unfair advantage to some people that managed to buy them, but this was intended, we advise everyone to play 24/7 because if you go to a party/work/life you might lose out the special offer and you will continue to suck.

Excuse the "harshness" but what do you think will happen from your statement? Not saying there should be +16 / +20 / +100 jewels, it's bad enough that a person with +6 has no chance in hell of comparing to a person with +12, so in case of weapons it's what a difference of like 2 tiers? Grats on making ppl thinking even more how to dupe items or buy those cheap tier stones sold on Varanas Bridge so they can make up for the plussing difference.
Can you try to keep an open mind to those people you call F2P as you are advertising this game as F2P, F2P what? Because i haven't seen anyone yet in GC Hard with quest gear +1 and made with fusion stones.

Hope you understand the point of view!

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 2:37am

@Torpiloi:
You must also understand, that with a game such as this, where difference between players can be so big, it's damn hard to please everyone. Some people wanted harder instances, some easier, therefore we got 3 different modes of instances, Easy, Normal, Hard.
You can experience and have fun doing all instances in-game with mentioned quest gear on easier modes, you just won't have best of best gear, which for someone that isn't paying for the game, should be plenty.

There are other free MMO's out there and trust me i tried quite a few and must admit, RoM has good thing going...
Guild Leader and Founder of Dominion
-> Playing Knight since Open Beta <-
* RETIRED Until further noteworthy change... *

HaxnslashROM

Intermediate

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 4:17am

Quoted from "Zalmah;3602266"

Regards,
Zalmah

Well Zalmah i'm going to have to say i am not so happy about this, i want to perfect my gear and the only way would be with these jewels i think it would be a highly good idea to bring these jewels out again this month in packs of 5 allowing people to get another chance at the jewel's then stop selling them again for awhile as the 1 jewel per the package was so overpriced people did not get a chance to buy them.

There is too much advantage with the jewels on other server's and even my own, i've seen how +16 can benefit and i think it would be insanely stupid to not re-released them in a larger package to allow yet another chance of gaining these jewels the unfairness is too large right now and those with +13-14-15-16 on Siochain alone can easily now control the market (economy) because they can farm faster so they get more and they sell for high prices.

The best thing this company can do is release them again for one massive promotion deal for 1 weekend and state "This will be your chance to perfect your gear as our first promotion was for only one jewel this now has 5 in so get your diamond sellers to sell you them as they will be staying rare!" This would encourage sellers & also buyers, let alone those that are buying could stock up abit so the rarity would stay on the server as they wouldn't be coming back for awhile.
Feel free to drop by my Twitter page or Youtube channel and check them out.
https://twitter.com/#!/HaxnslashROM
http://youtube.com/user/HaxnslashROM

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 7:11am

Quoted from "MCOnyx;3602416"

@Torpiloi:
You must also understand, that with a game such as this, where difference between players can be so big, it's damn hard to please everyone. Some people wanted harder instances, some easier, therefore we got 3 different modes of instances, Easy, Normal, Hard.
You can experience and have fun doing all instances in-game with mentioned quest gear on easier modes, you just won't have best of best gear, which for someone that isn't paying for the game, should be plenty.

There are other free MMO's out there and trust me i tried quite a few and must admit, RoM has good thing going...

I understand that it's meant to cause such a gap on PURPOSE, you are also an "old" player so you should also understand that the difference wasn't always like this, and honestly people were alot more pleased back then. Although ancient history by now let me point out some of the old days like in open beta, back then normal ppl had +3 dirty statted gear, imba ppl had sta X and +6 now what was the difference then?
Some had like +15 sta some had +35 sta, in 10 items it was a wooping 200 sta which gave 1k hp, from +3 to +6 is like 30 points difference not an unbridgeble gap.

Now let's compare just on one stat poor normal player has some dirty gear with let's say Energy V = +15 matt, imba person has Sea of the Bunker +265 matt +689 max HP in 10 items that's 2650 matt and 6890 HP compared to 150 matt... not the same is it? Normal person has +6 = +65 int (lvl 67 item) imba person has +12 = +161 int, if we consider +16 it's what more then 3 times the bonus? And that's calculating one stat not 6, not 4 runes... So the point is maybe the game was possibly F2P in beta, now you can't even do DoD... And please don't say do easy mode in quest gear because i bet you haven't tried, from like Savage Lands if you have no help and no x-muted gear you are DEAD, you'd have like 10k HP on DoD level = you are DEAD again, yes i know ppl consider hey u can buy cheap stats from AH or items, or have some friends help you... but that wasn't the idea no? The idea was the advertising that you can F2P, which you can't even if you use phirius for purified stones it would take you like 3 years to get statted and with what stats? No tokens > no minigames > no shells...

Anyway the idea wasn't precisely this as this isn't the right topic for it, the main point is that even if you pay you get "scammed", took me lke 15 advanced jewels to get from +6 to +10, and NOW even if i sleep on a chest full of diamonds i can't even buy +16 because it's "rare"...

You know seen this propaganda before... BUY RUNE FLYING DISK very IMBA 500 dias... today... next week 200... BUY BLACK PEGASUS very limited 200 per server... oh per week... :D
I am pretty sure there will be +16 jewels... 1000 diamonds for 5... 99% fail rate... 2 weeks later 200 dias for 5 perfects :D

• "StormriderX" started this thread

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 9:41am

Quoted from "Zalmah;3599605"

Hey StormriderX, thanks for the feedback. Would really appreciate it if your title was a bit more specific - because the content here is really interesting but the "Promos" title made it a little vague. I only stumbled across this post because I was searching for feedback on the +16 Jewels.

+16 is merely one of the things I would like to see, but my feedback was in relation to promos in general. On a side note I think something to consider to encourage dia buying is either lower prices on item shop or bigger dia promos, at the moment the disparity between gold shop buying and dia buying is too big, there is no incentive for dia buyers to buy Dias to sell. Dia sellers have effectively kept this game going, so do something to support them please.
Stormriderm Mage/Priest/Knight 67/67/55
Stormriders Scout/Rogue 61/60
Stormriderx Warrior/Rogue 57/29

Saturday, October 1st 2011, 11:39am

+16 jewels were something that would be worth to pay real money for. But somehow am bored of waiting. Really good move with X runes, on Maca we already got loads of them on AH, so they are really wanted :D Anyway good job on making people save their RL money, when +16 stones come I will have enough dias bought from NPC. So I will just patiently wait and buy my 15dias every day :)
forever retired