You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 7th 2011, 11:58am

Gms have normal accounts, they generally don't tell people as they end up getting spammed with GM requests when they are not "clocked in". They have certain privileges but equally they are responsible for their actions in the game and if they abuse the power being a GM gives, they will end up loosing the gm status. Also when acting as a GM there is a due process ie a methodology defined by the company on how to deal with certain reports..... they are not allowed to roam the server banning people all over the place, they have to fill in reports and forms etc before "action" is taken.

Friday, October 7th 2011, 12:30pm

Quoted from "Torpiloi;3623662"

@ xDoF: No this is not your chance to make things better, why? Because Frogster is not the DEVELOPER, they will forward (maybe) your feedback to Runewaker, so you can do that even now if you wish.. you know all those nice BUG reports that are being ignored most of the time...

One of the most common compaints is being ignored. I'm pretty sure they sooner listen to a staffmember (which you will be, despite being voluntary) then a regular person.So yes, it is a chance to make things better. I never said you could immediately change the whole world.

If you hate the fact that someone else does the same thing, but gets paid to do it, then simple, don't apply.
As for the abuse thing, it ain't a "sure thing". Yes theres a chance for it, but then again, theres always a chance for that, but would you rather have no GM's at all? (seeing as every GM is human, therefor corruptable)
=========================================================================
=========================================================================
Leader of Thewanderers
ISILTIR AGAINST MONEYGRUBBING

Dabrat

Intermediate

Friday, October 7th 2011, 2:53pm

Well i for one...think its a good idea to involve players and asking them to volunteer. This those persons can see for real what the current staff is doing:P
I dont think that i will be the one that get picked out hough (if i would send that mail xD) After all my B itching on the patch thread...i think they would run away or send my mail to the spam section:D However i wish the upcomming new GM's the best of luck ;)

Friday, October 7th 2011, 3:19pm

Quoted from "MCOnyx;3622771"

What he said, I think this could help game in the long run and I'd actually volunteer, if not for my current job.
Many asked before, for Frogster to use the community knowledge and skills for betterment of the game and now that they do, you guys go all herp and derp, ccc....

Let me point you to this:

https://forum.runesofmagic.com/showthread.php?t=413623

The mentor of the german knight forums files a bug report about the bugged aggro multiplier from last patch.
Let's make this the test case if Frogster is actually willing to listen to voluntary helpers ?

Im sceptical.

The problem is, that this game is fubar. Developers and Publisher have lost all common sense. They prove so with every new "balancing" or "patch"
Most of those complaints after those horror patches wouldn't even be necessary if they would actually listen to the community in the first place !

So how can you expect volunteers from the community if they have a proven track record of ignoring it anyway ?
All the will most likely get are players who will try to exploit the position for their owmn virtual profit...

Friday, October 7th 2011, 3:51pm

@CMs
You should really change the prerequisites for being a volunteer!
I think you have got the permissions to check the history of characters (registration date, level, spent time in-game and so on). So don't take this position to get easily!

I am sure that every goldtrader, scammer has got shining eyes now... you won't be able to avoid to hire a newcomer cheater gm. Too much possibilities of cheating are opened by this opportunity and much less requirement has been set.
They are not so stupid and blind :(
Thanks for all removed posts where i told negative judgment!
Maybe you could focus on problems, bugs then we have got better game...

Friday, October 28th 2011, 12:44am

First I would like to say thank-you to Zalmah for taking my suggestion about the player GMs and moving to make it a reality.

I played another popular MMORPG that had this system, but due to fact you were so swamped with people talking to you I didn't have a chance to go over how it all worked there very well so will detail it here. Some other players may recognise what game this is from by my description.

They were called Player Mods in the game, and each got a white crown by their name in chat. Official payed players from the company got a gold crown by their name in chat.

A Player Mod could at any time silence a player for 3 days. This was for offensive language, posting of web addresses and other such offenses. They could not ban a player from the game. What they could do is forward a report and based on that report and after investigation by official employees a person could receive a permanent silence from chat, a temporary ban from game or a permanent ban from game. If the Player Mod gave a 3 day silence they filed a report of why it was given and what rules the player had violated. The company itself imposed any further punishment. The player could then file an appeal to the punishment. Basically violations had a point system. Depending on how harsh the offense determined how many points of 'punishment' you received. Ten points was a permanent ban over your ENTIRE play time. Your appeal was mostly a plea for mercy to have points removed for an offense.

Here is an example of what actually happened one time. A friend of mine was in an area 'grinding.' Two other people showed up and started talking very nasty to them and upset my friend a lot. I went to support my friend and ask them to please stop harassing my friend. The two then started to harass me. I once more told them to stop or I would call another friend to come there. They continued their abuse so I called my friend who was a Player Mod. I told my friend to Mod not to speak when got they got there.

When my Player Mod friend arrived I told the two players once more to please stop their harassment as my other friend was here now. They immediately started to verbally assault her at which time she just said "Thank-you." Upon seeing the white crown they immediately began to aplogise for their behaviour but she informed them that they had incurred a 'Silence ban.'

The Player Mod then submitted a report of what had happened. The company investigated the chat logs and from what they saw for themselves gave both players a permanent ban from the game.

I think it would be nice to instantly have gold sellers silenced (not just on my chat but for everyone), stop some of the vulgar flame wars that take place on world chat (especially when I don't have popcorn and beer) and quickly rid us of those farming bots who along with gold sellers ruin the economy for the rest of us.
[img][/img]

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Friday, October 28th 2011, 1:30am

Quoted from "Ogr8bearded1;3675649"

...with gold sellers ruin the economy for the rest of us.

Gold sellers are just a pest, but I don't see them to blame for ruining the economy. Rather, I blame the gold buyers...
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos
http://romhiddenquests.ml // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

runoutofnames

Professional

Friday, October 28th 2011, 1:13pm

Plus one to that Inferority.
But if they have a silence ban for three days whilst investigations are going on do you not think that the banning of goldsellers will get that quicker?Then we can concentrate on the gold buyers'and start banning them permenantley that way the in game economic system will start going back to normal.

Sylvari

Professional

Friday, October 28th 2011, 2:58pm

I would go for that oppertunity. Being a GM for in the evenings, discover goldsellers and kick their butts.
Helping other ppl who needs help, answers questions as far as the knowledge goes.

On Isiltir in my guild known as "Dutchempire" I am called as the 'Guild Wise one' or in Dutch said: "Guild Wijze", I've been given that name, i didn't made that one up my self, but it feels like a honor to have such name. Only because I know a lot of things as a player in game. So I am going to send in my application. And about the abuse or advantage as many posted in here. I even help or stand up for my enemy if it is needed then I support the opposing person that is having a fight with him. Justice shall prevail. I mean in this way, either i don't like someone in his argument or game play, it still stays a person in Real Life. If I would see a guildie going to far crossing the rules, I would warn him, which i usually do as co-leader of the guild anyways. As what also has been posted in here by Ycarnos, with great powers comes great responsibilities.

At Zahlma and others, expect my application for the Isiltir Server soon.
R.I.P. Cisdai

Sylvari

Professional

Friday, October 28th 2011, 3:25pm

Application send! :D
R.I.P. Cisdai

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Friday, October 28th 2011, 4:16pm

Quoted from "Darksca;3677038"

As what also has been posted in here by Ycarnos, with great powers comes great responsibilities.

At Zahlma and others, expect my application for the Isiltir Server soon.

OK, who is Ycarnos and Zahlma?

Ow did someone sritch gouw kegtops awound? :D

Zalmah

Master

• "Zalmah" started this thread

Friday, October 28th 2011, 6:04pm

Thanks to everybody who has sent in an application so far. We've received a large number of different responses from various different servers and we're delighted that so many of you have shown interest in the volunteer positions.

If you haven't yet applied for a position, it's not too late! Although we have a limited number of spots on our volunteer team, we read every single application and we're grateful to all applicants.

Zalmah

Master

• "Zalmah" started this thread

Friday, October 28th 2011, 6:06pm

Quoted from "ExtremNoob;3626209"

@CMs
You should really change the prerequisites for being a volunteer!
I think you have got the permissions to check the history of characters (registration date, level, spent time in-game and so on). So don't take this position to get easily!

I am sure that every goldtrader, scammer has got shining eyes now... you won't be able to avoid to hire a newcomer cheater gm. Too much possibilities of cheating are opened by this opportunity and much less requirement has been set.
They are not so stupid and blind :(

We have a strict screening process and we make sure that we select candidates and various different factors. yes, we have got the permissions to inspect the history of all characters and we make sure that we are choosing trusted, capable volunteers with a good track record and strong communication skills.

YamiPrem72

Beginner

Friday, October 28th 2011, 6:39pm

For someone quite new to the game, or the forum at least, this thread is a huge turn-off due to majority of posts seen here. Just when I finished reading the OP I was slammed with rant after rant. Also, ranting with horrible grammar is just not bearable. :(

Anyway, good luck to those apply,
Yami
[img][/img]

Sylvari

Professional

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 12:21pm

Thanks YamiPrem72 :D

And @Yrcanos, sorry if i misspelled your name, was too excited while I was posting it. And also to you Zalmah. :D
*is still excited*
R.I.P. Cisdai

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 9:59pm

gl to you Darksca , hope you will be a GM

even I think this is a last resort to keep a game alive from a company that lost control
personally I think is the way to abuse as ofc gold sellers who read this for sure have their strategy and maybe they will apply also at least to create confusion ....

I dunno if your lost hours "trying to help" will have some effect but well ..GL

Sylvari

Professional

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 11:57pm

Thank you irremediable.

Your words gives me courage. And I am really willing to help in everything that is possible.
R.I.P. Cisdai

Sylvari

Professional

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 3:43pm

As the time passes by, I was just curious on how the status of this all is, since I haven't heared anything about this anymore, no updates, or whatsoever, also my guildies asked if there is a possibility to set up a "poll" so they can vote for, yes, no or no opinion.

Please post an update about the progress.
R.I.P. Cisdai

Monday, November 21st 2011, 3:01pm

Think this is stopped, since HR would call me for an interview and they didn't.
Erythri D/Wd (72/58): updating (unb 64k hp/ 52k matt/ 125k critheals) a true druid ;)
Below buffed, but still missing => 10% matt from pet, Light Fluffy Bread (15% +4k matt), essence magic, p/s buff
[img][/img]

runoutofnames

Professional

Monday, November 21st 2011, 4:24pm

Don't give up Darksca.
Remember it is stated that they have strict screening process and I would imagine that it will take time to go through all the characters' and game history of everyone.
Just had a thought it would take them forever to check all my characters good job I didn't apply probably be waiting till yuletide 2012 to get an answer.