You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Zalmah

Master

• "Zalmah" started this thread

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 2:32pm

Volunteer Positions at Frogster Online Gaming

Dear Community, epic adventures and new achievements await you!

If you’ve always wanted to get a glimpse into the gaming industry but haven’t yet had the opportunity for whatever reason – maybe because moving to Berlin would be too much of a hassle – then starting today, you could become a volunteer working from home for Frogster Online Gaming GmbH in Berlin.

Are you
  • at least 18 years of age?
  • at least level 50 in RoM?
  • a good writer?
  • able to communicate over a voice server, and do you have a headset?
  • motivated and available at least 2-3 hours a day to support users?
  • a real team player, dedicated and reliable, and would you enjoy the role and complete your tasks carefully?
  • able to take charge and masterfully handle multiple tasks at once while still remaining cool as a cucumber?
Then you’re just right for our Frogster raid!

Send a detailed application with the subject “Application for volunteer position” to: jobs@frogster.de.

If you meet our requirements, we will arrange a time for a telephone interview.

Details to include:
  • Your first and last name
  • Your age (at least 18)
  • Your forum name
  • Your game account username
  • Any relevant experience
  • A statement explaining why you want to become a GM
  • The level of your primary character (at least 50)
  • The server you play on
  • Your guild
Your responsibilities will include:
  • Having fun and helping others!
  • Using your experience as an active and motivated Runes of Magic player to support other players and answer their questions by email.
    You will be in close contact with Frogster’s teams in Berlin and discover a new side of Taborea…(Ever wondered what happens behind the screen? J).
If you consistently fulfil your duties in an epic manner, you may be offered additional interesting opportunities in the future!

Please understand that it does take our Kobolds some time to process all the applications submitted, although we will generally give an answer within about 6 weeks.

-The Runes of Magic Team

Wednesday, October 5th 2011, 8:48pm

Hi it's jobs@frogster.de not job@frogster.de
Is good eye for detail a perquisite? XD
[COLOR=blue !important]
[/COLOR]

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 9:32am

Quoted from "mozzyoak;3618589"

Hi it's jobs@frogster.de not job@frogster.de
Is good eye for detail a perquisite? XD
[COLOR=blue !important]
[/COLOR]

Correct, sorry for this mistake. It's jobs@frogster.de

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 1:51pm

Greetings, will voice my "concerns" here, if needed be will make a "nice" new contructive criticism thread.

First of all, is this a joke? Or are you a total joke? To put it short you are offering "volunteer" positions to do the job you are payed for?

In regards to some of the other "requirements":
- at least level 50 in ROM - Ofcourse, even the gold botters are level 50+, i guess gaming experience doesn't really matter you easily qualify if you got powerleveled to 50 and don't even know what abreviations as FA,MA,CyC,KS stand for...

- motivated and available at least 2-3 hours a day to support users - So it's now the case that the USERS must support the USERS? What happened to the statement you are RESPONSIBLE for SUPPORT?

- a real team player, dedicated and reliable, and would you enjoy the role and complete your tasks carefully? - Well now that rules out 99% of your staff... Can we have YOUR jobs instead?

- able to take charge and masterfully handle multiple tasks at once while still remaining cool as a cucumber? - Ofcourse we are more masterful in handling anything better than you are currently handling, but we prefer that you are the ones to take the heat and be as hot as a hotdog!

Now if you are the right person from the above you should send a email to VOLUNTEER at the wrong email adress because we need a player to even show us that. Please include:

- A statement explaining why you want to become a GM - Can only say... HAHAHAHAH :D and will add this

Quoted from "Cisdai;3496822"

Greetings,

Players can't become GMs, a player will never get more rights in game than another player.
GMs are professionals working for Frogster.

The only thing you can do to help us in our fight against goldsellers is to report them to the customer support.

And there are GMs on the servers, they are invisible, but they are present.

So yet another false statement of your staff, seems in the last 1-2 months there are more and more contradicting and false statements on the forum, but i guess the forum rule that everyone is RESPONSIBLE for their posts only applies to stupid players and not "professionals" from the staff. AT least we got the definition of "Proffesional" in Frogster's vocabulary, 18+ lvl 50 :D

- Your guild - Really? Why? What has a guild have anything to do with it? Oh is this another event like the Closed Beta, "we professionals" decide which is the "best" guild and recruit testers and GM from that? Shall you also add in the requirements "bank statement of you current account" and "value of diamonds"?

Your responsabilities will include:
- Helping other using your own time and not being payed for, while we sit and watch :D
- Using your experience, though we have no idea what that means, to take over our automated support bot and respond to PLAYERS on emails... So again what's the SUPPORT we actually PAY for?
As for what happens behind the scenes you already told us, you are devising more plans to screw and scam the PLAYERS, while trying to dodge the blame.

I am pretty sure you will be spammed with requests, it's also clear that no one in the right state of mind will volunteer to do a job others are being payed for and incompetent at doing it. Seems when the PLAYERS decide to take their plussed (16) axes and pitchforks to Frogster you dodge the bullet again and make players "in charge"? Great job at killing the game further, is this meant to be "Oh we are sorry but the player GMs are responsible now" Because the game will not improve, you want to have a free tip onto WHY? Because we can have the best of the best being GMs from the players side, but the actual reports will be forwarded to the same incompetent staff as before, nothing will change except a new "victim" to be a "scape-goat" for Frogster current inapt staff.

P.S. @ Zalmah: I am still waiting for a statement from my complains from like 2 weeks ago...
@ Achoore and rest of the staff that keeps saying: Discuss moderative actions in PMs, many of us sent PMs that get / got no replies or "we'll look into it" for the next 10 years or so, that's why players are taking it up on the FORUMS.
@ Frogster: Be smart, HIRE new competent and professional STAFF, if you wish to salvage anything.

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 2:23pm

lol , torpiloi
-indeed , fail even at correct mail
-now players can became GM
-they need just level 50 (1 week of playing in CoO and xaviera as a new player 1st time in RoM)
-can abuse and over abuse your nice GM position as u not paid or have no contract (contract of volunteer ? :) )

is a joke right ?

at least torpiloi post ... one of the dunno .. funny , best , true ... bla bla
at least you make me laugh after nerf that crimson gear

:yay::yay::yay:

Zalmah

Master

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 2:29pm

@Extremia - We didn't reveal any information about the number of volunteers that would be present in our team. Also we didn't reveal any information about the scope, size and potential impactof this project. Please don't jump to any conclusions.

We already have very experienced players on our team, and we like to recruit from a mix of different experience levels, so that we have a balanced perspective.

attbadila

Intermediate

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 3:09pm

this game will become like Couter-Strike if players becom GM ......
if i player hate another one will gag, kick, ban them without any reason and wilkl told us or his scammer, botter, cheater, etc. etc.
this not a good thing for this game ppl have firends here and will protect them ... and u will see in world chat my friend is GM and will not kick me or somthing like that.
And if some will be kicked, baned for nothing becouse the GM hate him or GM friends hate him need to wait 4 - 12 month till some1 will asware from costum suport.

PLS DELETE THIS THEAR and think again come on guys what the hell it is in your mind ??????
Where does human stupidity end?

runoutofnames

Professional

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 4:34pm

Good Idea Zalmah.
I see the children are chuckling away in the corner and, looking at the job spec it seems that it is impartiality and communicating with players that is required.All the other business about banning I assume is done after thorough investigation and as people have played this game for a while and care what actually happens to this game are the actual people that are being looked for.
So good peoples keep the playground humour going there might be several adults around that might be interested in this job, one volunteer is worth ten pressed men as the saying goes.

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 4:41pm

Quoted from "Zalmah;3621202"

@Extremia - We didn't reveal any information about the number of volunteers that would be present in our team. Also we didn't reveal any information about the scope, size and potential impactof this project. Please don't jump to any conclusions.

We already have very experienced players on our team, and we like to recruit from a mix of different experience levels, so that we have a balanced perspective.

He doesn't need to jump to any conclusion, read the statement i posted above from Cisdai then read yours, a player cannot be a GM, a player will never have more rights in game than any other player, then you come and say you already have experienced players on your team, so who's lieing out of you two?

ThePoorOne

Professional

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 4:42pm

Well I would like to volunteer to the idea, but I have some concerns and if possible would like to ask some questions if any of mentors is available to such. :p

attbadila

Intermediate

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 4:44pm

Quoted from "Torpiloi;3621964"

He doesn't need to jump to any conclusion, read the statement i posted above from Cisdai then read yours, a player cannot be a GM, a player will never have more rights in game than any other player, then you come and say you already have experienced players on your team, so who's lieing out of you two?

+10 nothing more
Where does human stupidity end?

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 4:56pm

1st of all volunteer in a game that make profit (is not 100% free as let's say a linux/unix project) is not sort of weird ?
asking ppl to volunteer for a company to make profit is not somewhere like "exploit ppl for money" ???
for me sounds like
if there was a job , no more comments and gl , but I want to see someone volunteer give me back dias wasted during fail events and also a nice volunteer compensation also
also contradiction in statements .. GM or not GM ... job or volunteer
for any person this show only : Frogster lost control of the game and ask ppl to help for free

1st was like a joke but now look more than that ... :| hmmm

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:05pm

I am a player.

I am not a GM.

Cisdai & Zalmah are both telling the truth!

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:16pm

Quoted from "Yrcanos;3622087"

I am a player.

I am not a GM.

Cisdai & Zalmah are both telling the truth!

Wrong :D and i did say let's not go into semanthycs... anyway read again from the start THE JOB.. oh sorry... THE VOLUNTEER is "why you want to become a GM" continue from there and read my post again. Then explain me how your statement is relevant.

Zalmah

Master

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:18pm

Actually, most of the Runes of Magic community team are active Runes of Magic players. We all have private accounts on the live servers. I think that the point which Cisdai was trying to make was that it will never be possible for every active Runes of Magic to "suddenly" become a GM.

We look for certain qualities when we recruit staff, such as maturity, the ability to see both sides of an argument and above all, trust. I believe Cisdai was trying to make the distinction between trusted staff members and the bulk of the playerbase, most of whom will not have the opportunity to become GM's, simply because they may lack the time, commitment, dedication or game knowledge.

runoutofnames

Professional

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:24pm

What is with all this venom?
AHHHHH Still spitting from the last patch I see,as for the truth you either accept what is being statd on here or not .You cannot make sweeping statements without proof as for getting your diamonds whats that about?
I am not happy with some of the patch I buy diamonds but asking for them back NAAAH. So when getting to the original idea I believe what has beeen stated I think it is a good idea and if people do want to volunteer they will certainly be worth ten of all the people that rely on chinese whispers or have an axe to gring with either Frogster or Runewaker.

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:28pm

It sounds like it could be a fun & interesting way to get a better view of how the Runes of Magic world works, but my proper job would suffer so I cannot do this, but I suppose if I were to apply, and be successful, I would be given a separate GM account.

Therefore, I would have the option of playing as a Player or as a GM. I would not be playing on my usual game account with GM rights at all.

Therefore, as a Player, I still wouldn't be a GM.

This makes perfect sense to me & I'm surprised that Torpiloi cannot see this.

Is it just me, or does anyone else envisage him as being bright red in the face with fire flaring from his nostrils and smoke coming out of his ears? All he ever seems to do is rant...
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos
http://romhiddenquests.ml // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:31pm

So in other words, although i did include my desire to not go into semanthycs, none of you felt necesary to make that adjustment until a player posted it 20 times, same as you said "x bought gold from KNOWN and CONFIRMED goldseller", same as you posted in "siege hackers and exploiters will be banned" then turned into "botters in siege will be banned" yes i must say i saw alot of enemies botting merits then selling them to the opposing team for real life money :D It seems one of the requirements is the ability to write, does that apply to current staff members? As it seems it's always well wait we didn't MEAN that we MEANT this and that.

Also in your opinion you don't belive that having GM rights affects the fairness of the game? So it's not an unfair advantage that "We all have private accounts on the live servers" right? Can we all have GM accounts on the test servers? It's not an exploit that some GM can test his gear in sandbox mode and new content then go on live servers and make the best available gear no? So us noobs can continue to pay and get stuff by trial and error while you KNOW what to get because you are GM... Thanks for the statement!

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:36pm

No EDIT button, yet again, I CAN see that INferiority but read my above post, the unfair advantage is the knowledge, is like being allowed in a contest when you know who will win or what he needs to do to win, most contests disquality members (and their family) of the company that organises it in the spirit of fair-play.

I did not belive at any minute that they will just turn lvl 50 PLAYER account into GMs with rights, was only pointing out the discrepancies in their statements. Like i said give us ALL GM accounts on test servers, as you all HAVE accounts on live servers, we'll then see who IS left to play on the live servers.

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Thursday, October 6th 2011, 5:40pm

Quoted from "Torpiloi;3622198"

Can we all have GM accounts on the test servers?

Can I have a GM account on the test server then too, please?