You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 8:52am

Level 65+ crafting, only for top guilds?

Many of us have kept themselves busy with a craft during the first few chapters. We all were able to collect what we need because it was available to all. I personally think the level 60 recipe's were the highlight where I as a Carpenter was very excited about making weapons for guildies and for selling. It motivated us to do a lot of DoD runs to get the nails needed.Tho ever since craftingrecipe's have gone up to 65, and now even 70, those rare materials seem not to be as available as they used to be. The instances they must now be obtained from can no longer be called "available to all". Here's something I have a hard time understanding:-- The ones that ARE able to farm them, often don't need them, since they are there to farm the instance weapons in most cases which are better in the end.-- The guildies in that guild will want to level their own crafting skill, and use the collected materials to use or sell the made results. (don't get me wrong, this part IS understandable) But it results in the mats not being available on the Auction House.-- When I do find a mat I need on AH, it's usually in the vicinity of 5 million gold. Do we really want to risk paying that much, with the 90% chance the outcome is a fail? Do I want to add this 5 million cost beside my other hundreds of million gold spent on gear?I have no problem leveling my Carpentry to whatever level is needed. But I have no idea WHY, since most guilds are not able to farm these instances as easily, or not at all. Besides that, the costs of multiple complete party wipes outweighs the benefits for finally getting the mat you need. By the time we'd be able to get these materials, the level cap will have raised twice already making the gear/weapons crafted obsolete. Do I need to abandon my years-long friends to be able to get these things, or is it time for a material-system overhaul people! (excuse the horrible way this post is built, the forum will not allow Return command, or line spaces for some od reason)

Koloid

Intermediate

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 12:48pm

For low level mats, you can get them in Malatina Survival Game, and the mats you get scale with your own level, as does the level of the mobs. Sadly, this stops at level 50 after which you keep getting the same mats and the minigame gets easier and easier. One suggestion would be to let this minigame continue to scale up, both in mob level and in drops you can get (including crafting mats).
Was Kaleid s/wd/w 71/70/58, Alaia w/m/wd 65/62/50, Prydwyn p/k 62/50.
Permanently gone from ROM xcept for lurking the forums.

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 3:15pm

It's an idea, but I remember a suggestion like Survival Game some time ago. Who knows they might be working on that, we all know they never really tell us these things. We are usually the ones who have to let people know this by adding it to Undocumented Changes. Another idea would be to add it to the Tergothen Bags, which already include Recipe's and (crappy) stats. Make the droprate for a stone or nail as hard as a Monstercard in those bags, I don't care, atleast we get the feeling it's possible to get it.

Fifio

Professional

Monday, December 5th 2011, 1:23pm

Quoted from "shin0bi81;3771448"

Another idea would be to add it to the Tergothen Bags, which already include Recipe's and (crappy) stats. Make the droprate for a stone or nail as hard as a Monstercard in those bags, I don't care, atleast we get the feeling it's possible to get it.

Got today first time Fertile godess star stone from a bag! so maybe they listened to you or they are already there but so rare as you suggested :D

Monday, December 5th 2011, 2:14pm

can you pls tell me which bags you are refering to?
Aeonlataniel (Co-Leader of guild Templari)
Knight 70: 129k HP, 154k pDef, 40k pAtt

Monday, December 5th 2011, 7:13pm

The ones appearing on ground in tergothen bay
Deguduudeli d/s

Monday, December 5th 2011, 8:25pm

but where exactly? today my girl did search and has nothing found

Fifio

Professional

Monday, December 5th 2011, 8:42pm

They are every where but also rare just keep your eyes open and you will find

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 8:52am

Obtaining the rare materials from the "Mysterious Bags" in Tergothen has been confirmed by yours truly. I thank you much for your contribution Piatta. Without it, I probably would not even have tried it. Happy hunting everyone.

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 9:46am

i was searching everywhere, but i didnt found any :(

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 9:56am

Hi there, the Mysterious Bag is a RARE drop from ALL mobs in Tergothen Bay. When you kill the mob, you loot is as normal, but look again carefully on the ground, there might just be a bag!!

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 12:44pm

Hello, Could you please tell me what is the "Fertile godess star stone" ? Is it for the lvl 70 crafts?
PS : Forget it, I found my answer ^^', recipe lvl 65..

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 5:41pm

I have been killing mobs a few awhile and only got 1 bag with the earring in it. I got 2 others since the zone came out all also with the same earring.

I hope RW puts in another method of gaining these stones because I did not spend hundreds of diamonds on craftings stations and millions of gold leveling my crafts, to have to suffer this much just to even get 1 stone.

If the bags dropped more frequently it would be better, like one every 100mobs.

Either way Just putting my 2cents down that I am not happy with what is ingame right now.
[USA] Artemis Guild: The Black Tower Level 12 [EU] Isiltir Guild: [b]Oldskool[/b]Level 3Master Crafter: 80 Blacksmith | 70 Armorcrafting | 80 Carpentry
Gary Sandstorm 80S/73W/78P [Guild Leader Member of The Black Tower Council]

Fifio

Professional

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 5:45pm

Having same issues can craft all in game but cant find these rare materials since no one is farming tosh normal and droprate from bags is extremly low.

Siobhain

Professional

Friday, December 16th 2011, 9:52pm

Got my 1st and only Sigma.....took a while.
Today is hug~a~Dwarf day. :D
Just watch out for the 'crotch meets face' issue. O.o

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 12:23pm

The drop rate seems to be terrible indeed. I'm still looking for the X-bow recipe, and have gotten 1 Nail for it so far. And it also seems they drop stones/nails for level 65 crafting. I got a Flax for example (level 65 Tailoring mat). Other finds include recipe's for ArmorCrafting and Blacksmithing, but they aren't really of much interrest to me. Still I continue, because I am unable to farm the latest instances. I can only hope to be lucky enough to find what I was looking for and be a proud crafter of my very own level 70 weapon. Goodluck to you crafters as well!

Fifio

Professional

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 3:47pm

Havent gotten any yet so ye crafting seems to be a real challenge atm sigma stones are sold for 20kk atm :D so gl with crafting.

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 6:35pm

I'm a grinder and grind often in TB for 2 hour straight. In those 2 hour I get 3 or 4 of those bags, once had a recipe, but never crafting mats.

This needs to be solved some way, the crafting system in rom isn't all that great, but now it's just worthless. Have a lvl 65 blacksmith and no use lvling it up further, never gonna get those mats anyway.

Also have an alt at lvl 65 cooking, with no way to get the mats needed for lvl 70 cause planting gives the wrong ones. made my mining master so not even a way to gather them normally.

Still think the gatherings should be separate from the craftings, and all gatherings should go max.

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 1:28pm

Came to visit here and still seems to be the same sitaution we face in the US, one player who runs the new instance threw away 3 sigma stones because he did not realize it was worth anything. He says his not trolling but who knows.

Still no carp or BS rare stones for me, found 2 lvl 70 recipes and a bunch of rings and earrings.. :/ bought 2 rare stones for lvl 70 armorcrafting 1mgold total which is useless but was a cheap price so cant complain.

Can only hope RW makes some changes life as a crafter is pretty much non existent at the moment. Those with no access to the new instance are pretty much useless now :(
[USA] Artemis Guild: The Black Tower Level 12 [EU] Isiltir Guild: [b]Oldskool[/b]Level 3Master Crafter: 80 Blacksmith | 70 Armorcrafting | 80 Carpentry
Gary Sandstorm 80S/73W/78P [Guild Leader Member of The Black Tower Council]

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 3:46pm

Not sure if bags drop mats for 70 weps - so far besides recipes/bay necklaces got:
- x3 lvl 61 mats for 70 armorcraft
- x2 lvl 61 mats for 70 tailoring
- x3 lvl 61 mats for 65 carpentry
- x2 lvl 61 mats for 65 blacksmith

Maybe just strange streak and bags actually may drop all lvl 61 mats but so far (40-ish bags) no white iron nail nor sigma stone (only mottled/ike) :(
Tempestina - Druid/Scout/Mage 70/65/65 - currently inactive