You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 11:56pm

[removed] ([removed] and [removed]'s owner) scammed 3 people

All take care with this 3 characters, it seems they belong to same owner ([removed] and [removed]'s account have been sold) and this guys is a SCAMMER.He scammed 3 guys (30 clean t4 + 10kk just from me).
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 12:27am

i'm quite sure namecalling on forum aint allowed

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 12:46am

I really don't care, scamming people is worst than giving name, and i wrote it just to warn people hoping server community will permanently ban them if Frogster can't do it
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 12:56am

well i'm quite sure 80% of smacht knows he is a scammer by now, consider how many megas you used,

i think it's actually quite sad to see him sink that low,

used to have him on friendlist but not anymore,

and about the banning part, i doubt they will, and i think reporting it as "not original owner of account" wont do any good ( because you got no real proof ) unless you have screenshot when these chars said in world they wanted to sell their acc

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 8:37am

Quoted from "zetpro;3975151"

i'm quite sure namecalling on forum aint allowed

Quoted from "KeathofDeath;3975169"

I really don't care...

First, zetpro is correct and
Second, disregarding forum rules can lead to a forum ban.

Please take your complaints to Customer Support, not to the forum.

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:05am

First i did it on Customer Support,
Second, it's not a complain but just to warn server's players that [removed] who bought [removed]'s and [removed]'s account is a scammer.
Third, acting like that you are just supporting such behaviour on the game, it's your choice, if you want to ban me from forum do it, but just thing about it could be helpfull for comunity to be warned about Scammers...

Now if you want to ban me from forum, i confirm that i don't care if i could have warned some players about this player...

Regards,

Yrcanos

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:29am

Quoted from "KeathofDeath;3975517"

Third, acting like that you are just supporting such behaviour on the game...

I do not support scamming actions within Runes of Magic, but I will support the rules of the forum!

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:33am

Do whatever you want, sometimes supporting rules is not helping community and supports undirectly bad behaviours...
For sure it's easier just to apply rules...

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 10:42am

I think that scammer names should not be redacted once they are reported by players that already built up reputation in game (or at least at particular server).

Now, that names have been redacted, I'm risking to be scammed not knowing who was the scammer.

Furthermore, if you report a scammer to Customer Support, they will reply to you that you voluntarily departed with your goods and that is your fault you got scammed. So, no help there - from first hand experience.

I think that players deserve to know who are the scammers so they can protect themselves, as they are not protected elsewise. This way, both forum and CS are accomplicing scammers in their deeds. Remember that people pay money for stuff they are being scamed for - that's a theft in the eyes of law and no EULA or forum rules stands above it.

Fifio

Professional

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 12:57pm

I suggest you use worldchan or any private channels to spread the info about these scammers and tell all your friends. The more people know the less is the chance they manage to scam. Its sad every day same crap all over again.
Fifio K/W/M/P/S/R

1843 Cards, 690 Titles and 6917 Quest completed!
(All possible Moas done and please open Dwarfzone quests for us humans)
Blacksmith 100, Cook 100, Carpentry 100, Armorcraft 100 and Tailor 100
Alchemy 100 and Gatherings maxed 100
Gimme More xD

Merge came but is too late now and a new wheel :thumbdown:

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 1:17pm

I did that too and i will do it again every time i see one of them online. But if putting their name here could help others not to be scammed so i thing it must be done!!!
This player is using a bought account which belang to a full trustable guild (and a friend of mine). He plays on his main with people who helped him and then does not hesitate to scam them...
Ofc making a trade on PK server you take a risk. The problem is mainly that this kind of players are killing the pleasure of playing ROM, they should not be allowed to play anymore!

Fifio

Professional

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 1:29pm

People should stop selling their accounts in the first place scammers buy them in loads since its so easy to scam with a old char that is known..
Fifio K/W/M/P/S/R

1843 Cards, 690 Titles and 6917 Quest completed!
(All possible Moas done and please open Dwarfzone quests for us humans)
Blacksmith 100, Cook 100, Carpentry 100, Armorcraft 100 and Tailor 100
Alchemy 100 and Gatherings maxed 100
Gimme More xD

Merge came but is too late now and a new wheel :thumbdown:

Clarinda

Intermediate

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 1:45pm

can someone give me a full definition of what a scammer is ? depending on what it means really, I agree with KeathofDeath and depending on what it is I agree with RoM's answer. I will give hereunder my reasons for it

1) I agree with KeathofDeath

I fully agree with him on reporting people that use channels to take / make profit without respecting their words on an exchange trade. That is, somewhat, stealing, and that should be banned. The community, and mostly those young people a little bit more naive, should be aware of those people and probably that outing them, on a sort of *black list* would make the scammer more aware to the fact that nobody will havee anything to do with him anymore and the scammed ones who they need to be and stay far away from.

2) I agree with RoM

in this game, you have an Auction house, in which you can place articles for sale (I will expand a bit on this in a moment), people that want to sell their stuff out of that *official* mean, take their chances and they are sole responsible for what happens to them.

There is a solution for it, but I will hear many complains and screams. No sales out of Auction house should be allowed for anything at all. The only other possibility should be gifting. Of course, this implies that any and all things should be able to be sold in the auction house, which is not the case today, some are unique items or what not, this should simply be removed and people free to sell whatever they want in the auction house. The prices ? that is a BS reason. Prices will settle themselves. If some want to spend all their gold for one piece, then it is their problem, but if the price is too high and nbody buys it, then prices will regulate themselves ok. In this way, there will be no more problems for reputation thing, there will be no more problems for people not paying the price they first showed, no problem fo nto receiving what you paid for and etc etc etc.

For dias, there are official channels as well.

As for my honest opinion, people need to live up to what they give for a word, jsut because you can hide behind a nickname, doesnt mean you can act and do what you want and how you want anyway nobody will know or can do anything for that matter, that is a lack of respect and more importantly, education (not meant in the sense of school). It is also a lack of integrity, not that many know the meaning of it, and that ruins the game, those, in my humble opinion, should be banned for life, but that is just me, using the rep of someone to go act as a *scammer* is also showing a lack of honour, not that many, again, know the meaning of this word either. A game needs to be played in a proper way, if you (general you) cant do it, you shouldnt be allowed to play, as maturity is also part of what rules a game.

In short, no matter what *real* meaning the word *scammer* means, when you play a game, for that matter any games, there is a proper way and a wrong way, and like in any games, those that cant play the game in a proper way should be excluded from said game.

There is also another more immediate solution for such, rather then coming in the boards to complain, you can always take the scammer aside and make his or her life hell, in turn, attacking him or her constantly, declaring a war to his or her guild, and etc etc etc...of course, that requires uhmmm involvement and a bit of shall I say involvement and coordination.

Just me though, my ideas are a bit strange for most in here...sooo I will remain as usual......

clar. the dumbest player of RoM

Yrcanos

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 2:23pm

Whilst I, personally, agree that scammers should be & need to be made known so that people can avoid being scammed, this forum is not the place the do it.

Frogster is a company based in Germany and as such, is bound by German law. As users of this forum, we should be aware that this forum, hosted & provided by Frogster, is also bound by German law. Although we may have a right to know who the scammers are so we can avoid future scams, we are also bound by our responsibilities to the law, in the form of the forum rules.

Now, I'm no legal expert & much of what I just said may not be wholly 100% true, but it is very much common sense stuff!

Since this thread cannot lead anywhere fruitful, I will close it. If anyone wishes to make any complaints about Frogster's policy on scamming, I would suggest you do so via the proper means.

You may do either of the following:

Thank you for you understanding,