You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Heijoshin

<span style="color:#3399FF ! important;"><b>Community Manager</b></span>

• "Heijoshin" started this thread

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 12:32pm

Fifth Runes of Magic Chapter Coming in June!

[LEFT]&#8722; Chapter V – Fires of Shadowforge to introduce new race –

We will be releasing the fifth chapter to the online role-playing game Runes of Magic in June, entitled Fires of Shadowforge. The expansion will bring new zones complete with dungeons as well as a brand new playable dwarf race, which offer a choice between two original new classes.

[/LEFT]

[LEFT]

Chapter V – Fires of Shadowforge sees the reappearance of a race of Dwarves that has lain hidden beneath the ground of Taborea. The Shadowforge Dwarves are close relatives of the Fireboot Dwarves and also share their unique ability to manipulate dark elements to improve their mastery of blacksmithing. However, after a dispute with their dwarven brethren, they were banished below the surface of the earth to live out their existence. They founded a new kingdom within the cave systems to the east of the region, and spent their time channelling spiritual energy and perfecting the art of runecraft. The years spent underground out of reach of the sun, coupled with their ardent experimentation with the dark elements, have drastically altered their appearance, making their skin pale and their eyes the fieriest among their kin. Their curious tattoos also serve to distinguish them from their kinsmen above the surface.

Two arcane classes, Sorcerer and Champion, are also being introduced with the new race. Details will be published over the coming weeks on the two classes and their skills as well as more information on the new regions.[/LEFT]

Sylvari

Professional

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 12:38pm

Does this include another CAP on lvl? I hope not, I had already a rough time to get my priest and mage to lvl 70.
New class, meh, i can't be bothered to create a new char with the new race.

Why new chapter V? (which i already had expected) I mean were spamming the forum full with complaints about bugs, crashes and such that requires more attention than that we need a new chapter. Sorry for being so optimistic.

Oh btw, does this mean we also get now a 4th newby zone where we can even powerlevel through quests faster to lvl 60 than that we could do in CoO and Xaviera to lvl 50? :D
R.I.P. Cisdai

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 12:54pm

Thats great... so we now have to decide whether all the hard work we put in to our current accounts is worth carrying on?! i wish this could be rolled out in a way that it does not effectively kill off all current classes because i can see many people selling up gear and creating new accounts.

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 12:54pm

How can you even ask? Next chapter without level cap? Not gonna happen :D

It's going to be 72 probably.

And.. Booooooooooooooo! Dwarves :( Can't you be original, a bit?

Am I the only priest using Hatred X in my weapon... ?

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:00pm

would have liked to be tikalik class xD dwarfs role never matched the "sorcerer" ways xD

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:08pm

Well, we all know that this gonna hapen, so beter sooner than later :) Following all story in Runes of Magic and reading about new classe[FONT=arial, sans-serif]s i was realy woryed and i was afraid that RoM will go on two unlogic classes... Deep in me i expected Dark Elves with classes like Warlock and similar, but dwarves, yey, for me sounds great and is not to big change, at least from story telling view... From view of player that will be bit hard to manage and choose what to do - make new char or whatever... But yeah, sounds good and im looking forward to see all story and can't wait to see what new zone will look like, because, dwarven architecture was allways pretty much impressive... Only thing that i can not picture in my mind is - Will dwarves realy ever spend diamonds or cash on visuals? Sadly no combining with my elven class and kinda i expected 4th class to choose in Chapter 5 or maybe free class excange so i can give a try to new combo...[/FONT]
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:10pm

Woot! Finally dwarves!

+a gazillion!

BB

Siobhain

Professional

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:14pm

I was hoping for something 'extra-planar' but at least Dwarves will bring some ugliness to Taborea. Dwarves with huge beer-bellies is what we want.

They do seem more akin to Dark Elves than Dark Dwarves. O.o

Hopefully the starter Zone will just be a lvl 10 one like Elven Island. We don't need levelling areas - what we need is an expansion of existing 2nd n 3rd Class levelling areas to bridge the gap.

But I do hope there are some underground areas at cap level.
Today is hug~a~Dwarf day. :D
Just watch out for the 'crotch meets face' issue. O.o

Evilbownr

Intermediate

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:16pm

And i though i finally cured my altoholism by trying out every possible class combination in game...
/quit

Sylvari

Professional

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:32pm

If it were Dark Elves (i just love elves *wonders why I ever started a human*) I would have considered to start a new char.
Oh well, dreams and expectations are ruined again, isn't it the game with crashes and bug's and such, is it a dream they are ruing it.
R.I.P. Cisdai

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:39pm

Arent you happy? There will be more crashes & bugs :)))
Lyrel R75 /S72 /W63
Barazin CH40 /R0 (abandoned)

Sylvari

Professional

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:41pm

Nooooo!!! Don't do this to me....

I could barely survive the crashes already in Varacrash and Crashlanis, not a new area... *begs at Frogster to forget chapter V and start working first on all bugs fixes and stuff*
R.I.P. Cisdai

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:41pm

Quoted from "Heijoshin;4017211"

&#8722; Chapter V &#8211; Fires of Shadowforge to introduce new race &#8211;

The expansion will bring new zones complete with dungeons as well as a brand new playable dwarf race, which offer a choice between two original new classes.

Oh joy, playable Dwarves... :(

Have the cynics (me) and the critics just been handed another reason to be able to compare this wonderfully unique MMO to every other MMO ?

Quoted from "adamex1030;4017355"

And.. Booooooooooooooo! Dwarves :( Can't you be original, a bit?

Quoted from "Zpuni;4017388"

would have liked to be tikalik class

Originality would be fantastically easy for RoM since it has such wonderfully imagined races already:
  • Tiktaalik (Choose Knight & be a Fishtank)
  • Capra (Finest Beards in all of Taborea)
  • Aotulian Human (would make fine Barbarians)
  • Centaur (Not too serious, more for horsing around...)
  • Rh'anka (Goofy little tricksters - compact & awesome)
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos
http://romhiddenquests.ml // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Sylvari

Professional

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:42pm

Okay Gotcha :D

Uhm... your point is?
R.I.P. Cisdai

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:45pm

Let's hope that the new classes will see a proper implementation and won't be a big disaster like druid and warden were at the beginning of chapter 2.

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:48pm

Quoted from "Inferiority;4017709"

Have the ... critics just been handed another reason to be able to compare this wonderfully unique MMO to every other MMO ?

Found the link I wanted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi6GcbaU9IQ
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos
http://romhiddenquests.ml // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Siobhain

Professional

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:52pm

I'm hoping too that new zones won't play havoc with my planting.

Enter house > Feed > Water > get blasted by flames O.o
Today is hug~a~Dwarf day. :D
Just watch out for the 'crotch meets face' issue. O.o

Sylvari

Professional

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 1:54pm

Oh My Gawd! :D
Another Copy of WoW! :p

Dwarves didn't they had that in WoW too?
R.I.P. Cisdai

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 2:09pm

Oh great I shall be looking forward to that with new gear etc etc. Perhaps it will be cheaper and easier to make Tier 10 or 11 weapons then. :D
On Her Magesty's Service

[img][/img]

Friday, March 23rd 2012, 2:09pm

So in chapter 6 or 7 we will finally have orcs so I can finally play an orc shaman?