You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 12:02pm

Tier x runes please

Its already more than 4 months and you brought tier x runes for just once. Can you please bring tier X runes before next week. I am really sick of watching those plusing jewel sales twice in every month.

Edgars

Intermediate

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 5:25pm

Quoted from "mandava15;4074001"

Its already more than 4 months and you brought tier x runes for just once. Can you please bring tier X runes before next week. I am really sick of watching those plusing jewel sales twice in every month.

IX and X runes never should have beeen in sale.
[removed]

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 6:10am

Quoted from "Edgars;4074532"

lol tier X runes already costs around 300 diamonds. good luck to you if you are willing to pay lots of cash to frogster.

Also not all dps classes can reach PA cap for tosh. Tier X runes are really helpful for those end game instances.

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 8:51am

Quoted from "Edgars;4074532"

absolutely true. but since they already been, they should be again :) (imho)
Be water my friend.

Hirundo

Trainee

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 10:12am

Do You looked auction house / world chat? Here some (quitters) sell X runes at price 4 - 4,5kk. Quite normal price, I have bought some.

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 2:56pm

I want a Raid X rune in offering :)

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 3:46pm

Quoted from "Hirundo;4075447"

Do You looked auction house / world chat? Here some (quitters) sell X runes at price 4 - 4,5kk. Quite normal price, I have bought some.

Uh ah, I'm guessing you talk about Tuath, on Sio they are all close to 10kk per piece

Am I the only priest using Hatred X in my weapon... ?

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 4:02pm

on smacht X runes cost 12-20kk in ah

Edgars

Intermediate

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 1:38pm

Quoted from "mandava15;4075333"

lol tier X runes already costs around 300 diamonds. good luck to you if you are willing to pay lots of cash to frogster.

Also not all dps classes can reach PA cap for tosh. Tier X runes are really helpful for those end game instances.

In Macantach top end players have stated with 4x IX, X almost every equipement piece.

Not every class can reach PA cap... really? PA cap to do ToSH with 5 man group(what never should have been possible)?
[removed]

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 2:56pm

Quoted from "Edgars;4077424"

In Macantach top end players have stated with 4x IX, X almost every equipement piece.

Not every class can reach PA cap... really? PA cap to do ToSH with 5 man group(what never should have been possible)?

?

please stop derailing thread without clear idea about other classes.

Edgars

Intermediate

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:06pm

Quoted from "mandava15;4077619"

?

please stop derailing thread without clear idea about other classes.

What other classes? U think ToSH Hard 5 man run is fine?
[removed]

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:34pm

so tosh is intended to be run with a mix of grafu/sardo and tosh normal gear - then gear up on first n 2nd boss etc.
a 5man run may seem a bit laughable to you but those people are fully endgame geared and statted n probably overdid it on clean tiering of gear. Even if i'd share your point of view that an endgame instance with the full gear from that place shouldnt require less people then the first clear: Runes are the least of the OP-problem thereO.o especially since weapon runes now are sold asV exclusivley.

Raid and recon are the only runes that should never be sold at X or anywhere close

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:42pm

Quoted from "Edgars;4077637"

What other classes? U think ToSH Hard 5 man run is fine?

Yes, I think Tosh Hard 5 man run is completely fine. First, to my knowledge, this has only been done by 1 guild on all the servers. That alone should give you a pretty good indication that these players are extremely well geared + have the necessary teamwork to back it up. Second, games evolve and so does the difficulty of instances. Whereas RT dia was very difficult when it first came out, over time, most active players are able to clear it. Its just normal game progression.

@Googleboxx; Not 100% sure since I had a break for over a year; but why shouldn't recon X be sold when hatred X runes are common? I believe they serve the same (albeit opposite) purpose.
I expect by the way that it won't be long before raid X will show up in item-shop.

steveread999

Professional

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 5:25pm

The term you lot are looking for is "power creep" and it affects all MMORPGs. Consider the example I know best, a game known here only as GW.

The initial release (equivalent in the game's history to Rom Chap 1) had "henchmen", NPCs who would join your party in town to make up for not having enough players. The second added very rapid level advancement (for characters begun in its area), and leaving the noob island at max level was not only trivially simple, but pretty much necessary. The third added a sort of permanent developable henchman-like NPC, "heroes", but limited to 3 of your own in a party, and relatively easily-learned medium-power semi-elite skills. Later, an expansion added an array of also easily-learned but significantly more powerful semi-elite skills, including one that can (on a percent chance) one-hit almost any foe. Later free-add-on expansions allowed a group consisting of one player and 7 heroes rather than 3 heroes and 4 henchmen, which is a power-creep because heroes can be custom-equipped with any skills the player has "unlocked", even ones that the character doesn't know, and therefore fine-tuned for specific situations, while henchmen are essentially fixed, and less controllable to boot.

We see something similar in RoM. In GW, much of the power creep comes from the addition of new types of skills and assistant-NPCs - the range of gear and enhancements is essentially the same now as it was at the beginning. It's worth observing that this places a significantly greater emphasis on player skill because anybody can have max armour by paying this much gold and resources to an armour merchant and finding these enhancements. The only difference, then, between one max-level character and another is in the squishy thing between the keyboard and the chair.

In RoM, however, the power creep resides directly in gear and the outrageous power difference between ordinary gear and instance gear (but also in the . I recently had the opportunity to watch a room-mate fit out a warrior with the CoO freebie armour set (the Issac stuff), in the process doubling his hit points. And the later gear is even more outrageous. It's entirely fair to say that the difference between a fully-geared character and a partially-geared one is just one of money (IRL or in-game) spent on modifications.
Going back to Divinity's Reach, 28 August minus 3...

Edgars

Intermediate

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 6:00pm

Quoted from "Drrakon;4077706"

Yes, I think Tosh Hard 5 man run is completely fine. First, to my knowledge, this has only been done by 1 guild on all the servers. That alone should give you a pretty good indication that these players are extremely well geared + have the necessary teamwork to back it up. Second, games evolve and so does the difficulty of instances. Whereas RT dia was very difficult when it first came out, over time, most active players are able to clear it. Its just normal game progression.

@Googleboxx; Not 100% sure since I had a break for over a year; but why shouldn't recon X be sold when hatred X runes are common? I believe they serve the same (albeit opposite) purpose.
I expect by the way that it won't be long before raid X will show up in item-shop.

w/o ToSH gears + ToSH stats: ToSH should be pain in the ass to clear with 12 man group.
With extremly well geared(ToSH gears + ToSH stats) ToSH instance should be well clearable with 12(min 10man) man group, but not clarable with 5 man group - thats poor instance design(actually poor game design).

And don't mention RT Dia where boss went down in almost less than min with super buged dps scouts and frogster wasn't fixing that for months...
[removed]

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 7:13pm

Quoted from "Edgars;4077997"

w/o ToSH gears + ToSH stats: ToSH should be pain in the ass to clear with 12 man group.
With extremly well geared(ToSH gears + ToSH stats) ToSH instance should be well clearable with 12(min 10man) man group, but not clarable with 5 man group - thats poor instance design(actually poor game design).

And don't mention RT Dia where boss went down in almost less than min with super buged dps scouts and frogster wasn't fixing that for months...

I honestly don't see your problem and in general disagree with all the claims you make. Tosh is a pain in the ass to clear with a 12 man group, even when they are well geared, just like you state. However, there is always a tail group of players that are just insanely well geared, and in additio have adequate teamwork, that can do it with less players. If you don't like that, might I suggest you reallocate your efforts in playing another game.

Edgars

Intermediate

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 9:00pm

Quoted from "Drrakon;4078069"

I honestly don't see your problem and in general disagree with all the claims you make. Tosh is a pain in the ass to clear with a 12 man group, even when they are well geared, just like you state. However, there is always a tail group of players that are just insanely well geared, and in additio have adequate teamwork, that can do it with less players. If you don't like that, might I suggest you reallocate your efforts in playing another game.

That should't be possible that there is "tail group of players" insanely geared and teamwork bla bla...

I quit RoM about 1year ago, now i'm back for like 2 weeks and was hoping something has changed, but nothing.
For example, game i played when quit RoM, if instance was for 10 mans, then for these 10 insanely geared with all the best teamwork ppls it was pain in the ass to do 10 man instance with 10 ppls, there was no way to do that instance with less.
To clear 1st boss it takes ~1 week, for full instance ~1 month.
Here in RoM it's 1h to clear 1st boss and 1 day to clear full instance.
[removed]

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 9:10pm

Quoted from "Edgars;4078168"

That should't be possible that there is "tail group of players" insanely geared and teamwork bla bla...

I quit RoM about 1year ago, now i'm back for like 2 weeks and was hoping something has changed, but nothing.
For example, game i played when quit RoM, if instance was for 10 mans, then for these 10 insanely geared with all the best teamwork ppls it was pain in the ass to do 10 man instance with 10 ppls, there was no way to do that instance with less.
To clear 1st boss it takes ~1 week, for full instance ~1 month.
Here in RoM it's 1h to clear 1st boss and 1 day to clear full instance.

In all honesty, I am rather fond of the 'tail group' players. Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy for your worries. What I don't see, is how the ability of Blackhand (I assume you refer to their video) to do tosh hm with 5 players, negatively affects you at all. The way I see it; they are happy they can clear it with only 5 people, I am happy they make a nice video about it as it helps with the tactics and is plainly fun to watch, Frogster is happy as they are good for the economy. So from my ponit of view, this is a win-win (actually win-win-win :P) situation.
And again, don't compare guilds like Blackhand and Dilirium (at least, If i remember correctly), to the average end-game player. For the average end-game player it will take months and months more before they can clear tosh hm with 5 players.
In sum, I'm completely fine with it :P

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 10:38pm

Quoted from "Drrakon;4077706"

every 2 or so upgrades of raid increase the dps ofsome classes by about 1 weapon tier. since scouts and mages cannot claim the same of rthe respective accuracy and curse runes.raid really has no place higher then it already is.

Recon X would make tanking boring and aggro skills rather useless. reducing dps aggro does way more to aggro then upping tank aggro.

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 12:48am

Quoted from "Googleboxx;4078360"

every 2 or so upgrades of raid increase the dps ofsome classes by about 1 weapon tier. since scouts and mages cannot claim the same of rthe respective accuracy and curse runes.raid really has no place higher then it already is.

Recon X would make tanking boring and aggro skills rather useless. reducing dps aggro does way more to aggro then upping tank aggro.

Perhaps, but it would not surprise me at all if Raid X soon pops up in the item shop. Guess time will tell :)