You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 2:33pm

Healing Mechanics - re-posting formulas

As there are often questions about the healing mechanics, decided to post again the formula ( which apart from some bugs during different patches, hasn't really changed since ch 2).

Burst Heals: (final result of burst heals gets random bonus multipliers +6%/-6% so in fact the result is within 94-106% of the calculated value)

[MagicPower] x (CastTime) x (ReceivedHeals) x [(Wisdom x 0.3 + mDamage x 0.5) x (IncreasedHealing) + HPI] + (SkillHeal x Received Heals x IncreasedHealing)

To translate different multipliers into smth easier to understand:
- Magic Power Increase - global increase of the final damage/heal output, typical examples Vahtos/ Juggler sets. Bugged at start of ch3 (no effect on burst heals) but was fixed back soon. Can raise the cap for regens. Total increase is a bit less than 15%/10%, as Skill Heal is added separately at the end.
- Cast Time - like most RoM skills, you have time of cast spells as multiplier: 2 sec - x2, 3sec - x3
- ReceivedHeals - buffs that increase heals received by target - pet passive, Curing Seed, Lunar Halo, Healing Salve. They increase the amount of heals by %
- Increased Healing - usually the class passives that increase your heals - Prayer, Pure Healing, Divine Incarnation, as well as food (but as mDamage food gives better results, usually out of calculations). Note - those don't affect your HPI. For example 1.35 multiplier from Pure Healing only applies to the rest of equation, so the total increase is far less than 35%
- Wisdom - every healing spell has cap above which Wisdom is ignored for healing purpose. Really notable with Priest - GH at ~4k and UH ~7k. Druid has it easier - Recover ~4.5k, MEF ~ 13k (11k is no NP), Restore Life/Heal ~11k are not really used in combat but no harm to mention them too.
mDamage - total mDamage you get from your weapons, gear, buffs. Note that there is some gear (chests) that gives '+ magic damage bonus points' - unlike '+ magic damage points', those only provide static increase to your final damage and are of no use for heals.
HPI - Healing Points Increase that you get from your healer gear (D/S can get a bit of HPI from 40 elite)
SkillHeal - the value added by the skill itself.

HoT Heals:[MagicPower] x (CastTime) x (ReceivedHeals) x [(Wisdom x 0.3 + mDamage) x (IncreasedHealing) + HPI] / ticks + (SkillHeal x Received Heals x IncreasedHealing)

Main differences: mDamage has double value with HoTs; HoTs can't crit; no Wisdom cap, but 24015 cap for regens (a bit over 26k with Juggler's), since ch3 mechanic was often bugged - now you get all the ticks but they start with 1 tick delay.

Example how calculations go (random numbers):
D/S 9k mDmg, 15k Wis, 12k HPI casts Recover on target with Lunar Halo buff active:
burst:[1.00] x 2 x 1.05 x [(4500x0.3 + 9000x0.5) x 1.35 + 12000] + (600 x 1.35 x 1.05) ~ 43k non-crit
regen: [1.00] x 2 x 1.05 x [(15000x0.3 + 9000) x 1.35 + 12000] / 7 + (272 x 1.35 x 1.05) ~ 9.5k per tick
life link (Life Guide) in this case as all multipliers are the same is 7/3 of Recover ticks ~ 22.5k per tick

Crit rate: general formula calculates crit resistance of target and then depending on your rate determines the %.
CritResist=(60*lvl + 600)
if cRate > cResist/2 then100 * (cRate - cResist/4) / cRate
else 100 * cRate / cResist

As we see up to 50% things go linear, above 65% rate gives very diminishing returns. Just to complete the theme to add that bosses have extra crit Resist, skills that add to crit% in fact reduce crit Resist, and that every level of difference additionally puts +/- 3% bonus/penalty to your final score.

But as we are speaking about healing - all that is important is healer level (for critResist - 4800 at 70) and his Rate. For example 2400 should give 50%, 3000 - 60%, 3600 - 66%. Ofc those numbers change with every new lvl cap but this helps plan your gear to keep crit above 60%.

Though I left RoM for good , hope that re-posting formulas may help new healers who enjoy the game.
Tempestina - Druid/Scout/Mage 70/65/65 - currently inactive

Monday, May 14th 2012, 2:35pm

This is great mate, exactly what I need befor I make my healer gear. Much appreciated. :)

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 1:58pm

omg , where is the story , the immersion , the game experience ?

now is all about math , why we need any sort of graphics or sound ? MUD power !!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en…_screenshot.gif

:yay:

Friday, May 18th 2012, 10:23am

Quoted from "bufferone;4115575"

omg , where is the story , the immersion , the game experience ?

now is all about math , why we need any sort of graphics or sound ? MUD power !!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en…_screenshot.gif

:yay:

I tend to agree, having 10 parameters affecting healing does not make the game more interesting at all.

There is a tendancy in most MMO which is to deny the player any Handbook. I m meaning something like ADD player handbook, something with the rules.

The formula posted by the OP would belong to such a handbook.

Note that the formula form tells us a lot about ROM designers : they are failed academics ( yeah not smart enough for such jobs) and they believe that multplying 6 numbers is of any interest.

Vihko

Trainee

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 11:36am

This formula could even work, looks pretty sensible to me... Have you tested wisdoms effect to heals also at different gear levels to make sure wisdom really raises heals linear all the way up? Would be interesting to know some backgrounds how you ended up to this. I'm quite sure your schedule gives about the right values anyway, at least to people with high enough wisdom already.
Acadia D/S/M 67/x/0

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 12:56pm

This is working, I tried it last year and this year too and it was still working :) it's old stuff everyone knows about :p and that Andreasels has been posting around for years. But thx for the summary, I was too bored to do it. I hope some ppl will learn that way what wisdom means for a priest and will stop annoying me.
[img][/img]
ChapIII&IV instances EU-EN servers 1rst
Retired

Vihko

Trainee

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 1:08pm

I decided not to say anything... I hope I could delete this message, because right now I don't have any exact numbers, screenshots or anything to support why I doubt it works this simple - to be honest I'm lazy and won't have them in future either. I can just remember that many times when some of my lower geared guild mates got suddently big boost to wisdom, effect was seen in either group heal or urgent, but another one showed no result even if he spammed both skills before and after, and in another one there was really big difference, which is confusing because concerning the formula only cast time should make effect of wisdom different for those two heals (but I can't remember even which one of them showed and which one didn't because I never played priest that ambitious). Anyway, none of my comments was meant to diminish work you have done, and this is for sure useful.
Acadia D/S/M 67/x/0

Friday, May 25th 2012, 11:18am

Quoted from "Vihko;4132435"

I can just remember that many times when some of my lower geared guild mates got suddently big boost to wisdom, effect was seen in either group heal or urgent, but another one showed no result even if he spammed both skills before and after, and in another one there was really big difference, which is confusing because concerning the formula only cast time should make effect of wisdom different for those two heals

Read the explanation of Wisdom and the caps for burst heal spells - Priest stops getting bonus for healing from Wis at around 4k for GH and 7k for UH.
Tempestina - Druid/Scout/Mage 70/65/65 - currently inactive