You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Aaralyna

Professional

• "Aaralyna" started this thread

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 3:40am

Best skills to use at champion

Dwarf is out for a while now and some of you may have reached the higher levels at champion.

Can any of you tell what are the best skills to use for this class, and which turn out bad? This is a tank class so I'm interested in how to make it a good tank skillwise.

Atm I'm leveling up mine and didn't invest in any skills yet since I don't want to waste my tp (till now I use my warlock skills and gear to level it up).

Hope to see a start of a discussion here which can help many fellow champions :D

Aneíyaa (D/W/Wd/S/M/R) - Infierno (Ionsai)
Aneiyaa (D/W/Wd/S/M/R) and more alts (Siochain) :P
Proud Guild Leader of Crimsonmaddness (Sio) and Infierno (Ion)
Proud Queen of Infierno (Sio)

My site with guides:
http://anepedia.proboards.com/

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 5:17am

Quoted from "Aaralyna;4230619"

Dwarf is out for a while now and some of you may have reached the higher levels at champion.

Can any of you tell what are the best skills to use for this class, and which turn out bad? This is a tank class so I'm interested in how to make it a good tank skillwise.

Atm I'm leveling up mine and didn't invest in any skills yet since I don't want to waste my tp (till now I use my warlock skills and gear to level it up).

Hope to see a start of a discussion here which can help many fellow champions :D

For leveling Rune Pulse, Electrocution, Heavy Bash, and Fearless Blow
Later you get Kinetic Burn that you'll love to use along with Rune Overload
Ch/p seems to be the tank combo

There are very few people switching over, most of the dwarves I've seen are new players/returning ones
For people starting from scratch or almost nothing its hard to get get up there quick.

It'll be hard to get one of them to share their opinions, but you could try looking at the livestream when they ran Aeternal Circle

Once I get in touch or get to experiment myself I'll see what I can tell, but that won't be for awhile

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 7:39am

Which combo are you? u say u r ch/l

ch/p , ch/m, ch/l can be good options to tank, but ch/l is the most offensive of the 3, tho in aoe it fails a bit due to being magic aoe the lock skills which provide more usable short cd skills.

so far ive seen:

Rune Pulse, Shock Strike are the most important ones.
Shield form never leveled over +22 (40% str into sta).
The pasives n rune growth.
Rune Syphon, Dark energy strike...(all elites) and the warp charge, surge of malice and curse of weakening and int pasive ones.

can be upgraded too: general ones from champion (heavy bash, influx and electrocution) but arent as important as the others before.

kinetic burn is a piece of shit with long cd and deals not much dmg, other skills kinda feel the same, too much cd to be very usefull in trash pulls where u may need the aoe.

I do have a macro to cast (for pulling) weakening curse + warp + surge and then focus in using Rune Syphon, Dark energy with rune pulse as rotation.

Aaralyna

Professional

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 2:57pm

I think I'm one out of the odds then, not swithcing but wanted to try dwarf too. I'm warlock/mage/champion so I have few options in combinations hehe.

So far I see lots of different skill usages, so would like to hear more from fellow champions ;)

My site with guides:

Adrianell

Beginner

Monday, July 9th 2012, 10:32pm

Hi. I'm champion/warrior/rogue 72/52/38 from Saoraid. I'm testing skills all the time and now I can write something about it ;)
My gear is crapy, I have 38k patt and 60k hp, only my weapon is good coz I have Heurton's Basher t9 +15.
Zpuni wrote that Heavy Bash isn't important. I cannot agree with that, it's my first skill in combo, I have it on 72lvl. It's not strongest skill but on HoS/DL/RT it crit ~100k so not bad. Rune Pulse is awesome, crits around 300-400k, when Chain Drive is on.
Also Kinetic Burn is great, trash in HoS dies after 2-3 seconds of this, in RT it's deadly for trash too. Imprisonment Pulse does nice dmg, but my FPS go down from 60-40 to 1-6 so I don't know if I killed everything or I'm dead ;) Rune Growth is very useful, and you can have this buff all the time ;) These are my favourite skills if someone have questions about other skills I could test and write what I think.
Sorry for my poor english ;)
W/R/K 70/62/58 VN Server first with Midwinter OFF
CH/W/R 72/52/40 First max lvl CH on Saoraid
62k hp, 38k pat, 60% crit - unbuffed

Aaralyna

Professional

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 3:35am

Thanks for sharing and grats on the level 72 already (havent seen dwarves this level at Siochain yet). Your English is not bad, don't worry ;)

This will definetely help me out. There was still some discussion about to take or not to take Kinetic Burn.

My site with guides:

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 4:03am

Quoted from "Aaralyna;4233073"

Thanks for sharing and grats on the level 72 already (havent seen dwarves this level at Siochain yet). Your English is not bad, don't worry ;)

This will definetely help me out. There was still some discussion about to take or not to take Kinetic Burn.

Kinetic Burn is a good skill to use while leveling and I think saying it doesn't have a use would be wrong. When you're actually tanking though... I wouldn't use it
12 of the available skills for all champions are at a 50 limit, so I've found a lot of pages of my skill book with a lot of maxed skills, even though it may mean a few levels off better skills

I've seen people using a champion/rogue and talking about how it could be a viable tank and dps with it's "infinite rage" due to being able to spam Shadowstab. What do you guys think? Either the champion's own skills or to use a mix of both

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 6:28am

So a 60 sec cd skill aoe is imba for trash... yeah sure...

And ofc if u dont have anything else to lower def on boss and u have no other better skill from ur combo its ok to use but theres other skills that are better as i stated.

Did told that some are best and others are lower and others are not much of use.

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 9:50am

I started ch/w and later on I switched to ch/r, cos as a player used to mana (m/p, p/s), managing the rage was hell for me.
But after playing both combinations I can tell, that I my rotation were quite different. While my ch/w was using slash and energy influx strike, my ch/r rotation is: shadowstab-shadowpulse-heavybash/shadowstab untill Chain drive effect is trigered, than it is shadow pulse and rune pulse. From my observations I can tell that in shield form the chain drive effect is trigered so fast, that I can basically use only shadow and rune pulses.

As for aoe skills I prefer kinetic burn so far, but I can't tell which I will use onc in hard instances. But due to the fact, that only gchm and tosh hm mobs are really problem (the rest can be killed without a tank) and so far I have always be in gc and tosh with druid, 1 min cd for aoe skill is more than fine for me.

However I do agree that if u are runing hos/zs/ds, 1 min aoe skill which needs rage is useless, cos at the time when u get 30 rage all the mobs are already dead :D. But I can't imagine who would build a tank for instances below gc...

Adrianell

Beginner

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 10:24am

Quoted from "Zpuni;4233943"

So a 60 sec cd skill aoe is imba for trash... yeah sure...

And ofc if u dont have anything else to lower def on boss and u have no other better skill from ur combo its ok to use but theres other skills that are better as i stated.

Did told that some are best and others are lower and others are not much of use.

Champion/warrior has 5 aoe, so 60 sec cd isn't a problem.
W/R/K 70/62/58 VN Server first with Midwinter OFF
CH/W/R 72/52/40 First max lvl CH on Saoraid
62k hp, 38k pat, 60% crit - unbuffed

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 11:46am

One question where do u get the tp for all of this stuff?! When i was leveling my first champ/rogue i didnt have enough tp to level up fearless blow runepulse and shield form to 22. Second of all is shockstrike worth getting even at level one it saved my arse a couple times? Rite now I am playing champ/warrior and i like it more easier to manage gear, and i think shield form will be better since warriors have a skill that increases str. Oh and shud i level up every skill to my level? I am relatively new so... i have no idea. Last mmo i played had way different way of making builds.

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 12:52pm

For lack of TP we got something with todays patch. Unfortunately it all goes for champ secondary classes(Mage, Priest, Warden, Druid) not champ skills. TP consumption with some skills is lower now :D

Now I really wish some high level champs to share information and let others know what skills are worth to invest more than others and why ? (Patch did TP reset too)
What are the most used high level champion skills?

ATM I play Champion/Priest and vice versa (but tank role more on top) and it would also be wonderful if you state what class combination is used while giving hints for TP spending, thank you!

Kinetic burn is 1 of the skills I´m confused with...spend TP or not, what u think?

And pls no hurry, take your time. Just make sure you post before patch is ready to download :lol:

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 2:00pm

Well, I already wrote this in previous post, but I know how lazy ppls are, so I am going to write it here again. I am ch/r tank, so I will speak about this combination and tanking role.

First of all general skills: max out all the pasive skills, they are usefull.
Rune Energy Influx is very nice skill unless you are super geared tank with enough aggro. I prefer to keep it maxed.
Shock Strike: If there is no undocumented change in aggro modifiers, this is our ONLY aggro skill. Keep it maxed.
Rune Pulse: I hope this skill will get an aggro bonus one day, but still it is my highest dmg skill, so I keep it maxed.
Feedback Defence: short time bonus in defence, lvl cap 50, so I maxed it.
Overrule: not needed every day, but very handy in specific situations, lvl 50 cap, maxed.
Shield Form: ofc max it if you want tank

Those are the skills I am using most of the time thus most important for me. Together with my /r skills and elite skills that is all I need to tank a boss.

Agitated Whirlpool is quite handy skill for mob tanking, but the 5 min cd skill is quite a lot, however I have it on 50.

I also tried the rest of the champion skills but didn't find any use for them, so I decided not to spent tp for them. For example Kinetic burn is nice skill for lvling, but once in insta where you need to keep an aggro I don't use it. The damage from this skill is not enough to keep and aggro (even with 2 Hatred X). The same goes of Rune Overload and Imprisonment Pulse.

If there is any champion who can tell me how to handle a big group of mobs I will be really glad.

For ch/r elite skills: I have maxed only Runecraft - Haste.
Shadow Pulse: bugged and caused no damage in shield form aka useless for me.
Waiting Game: very usefull at the begining of the boss fight mostly in combination with Shock Strike. But I have no aggro issues at all so I am lazy to use it :).

Fearless Blow: despite the elite I don't use this skill. The cd is still quite long, and Rune Pulse is always on during boss fight so no really need for other dps skill.

As a tank I don't care about how much damage I did during the fight, the only thing I care about is to keep the aggro and my build is fully addapted to this.
:shit:

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 4:27pm

Good post, thank you Mark!
I agree Champions need more agro skills, will it be Rune Pulse, lower CD Agitated Whirlpool or some other skill giving agro...hope we will get more agro and croud control one way or the another.

More comments fellow champions ?

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 11:07am

Well, as a ch/r I am more than satisfied with my aggro on single target to that point, that I am going to restat some of my patt gear for more def.

But the crowd control is the pain in the... I haven't seen the new lvl 60 elite, but I hope it is some kind of energy based aoe

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 5:14pm

More opinions, anyone? :)

Monday, October 8th 2012, 1:36pm

Well, there is very hard to get any oppinion about Champions :D. It used to be better on US Forum, but even that already stopped.

And now, why I am writing this post. I did some tests and it seems that Rune Overload was ninjafixed and it is not canceling the priest buffs anymore.

So I would add Rune Overload to the skills which are good to use. It is helpfull during mobs fight and I also find it quite usefull during boss fights in KBN. (so far only on easy mode :( I still need to test, if I can handle the boss and the mobs on normal/hard mode)

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 9:01am

And I am back with another ninja fix for ch/r. The Shadow Pulse now deals damage even in shield form. I was looking forward to this one for a long time :D

Siobhain

Professional

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 10:58am

Just started Tanking so the following is in 'Test Phase'. While aggroing a group of mobs I use Shadowstep (CD permitting) then Shock Strike.

Pros: after Shadow Step all those mobs surrounding you are in front of you and in Shock Strike range, you gain an increase in dmg and speed from Disaster Appears and you remain in close combat range for whites with no need to move manually.

Cons: it costs a CD, CD is longer than Shock Strike and 'alignment' is a bit flaky and may need an Auto-Attack to re-align.
Today is hug~a~Dwarf day. :D
Just watch out for the 'crotch meets face' issue. O.o

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 12:39pm

My experiences so far with ch/r are to start the foght with white hit, you will gain enough range for Shock Strike, and with a little practise you will hit all the mobs.
Also you can use rune/shadow pulse for aggroing just a single mob (depends on instance)