You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 10:00am

Simple guide for lvl 50 gearing

When you reached lvl 50, you should consider invest or upgrade your gears. Those gears from the quests at COO and XA is not adequate for you to survive till lvl 55. So I would suggest you should start changing your gears: Go to AH and look for High Dura (108-116) white gears of your class and level be it cloth, leather, chain or plate. HD will give double the attributes that you put in that gear. Then look in AH for those Bay ring, Bay necklace and Bay earring which have nice yellow stat on them. Buy fusion stone with 3 dirty stat from NPC (near house maid) at Lower west of Varanas to make Mana stone of t4 from those Bay rings and put 3 mana stones to your new gear. By making all your 8 pieces of gear you should have a good HP and attack (magic or physical). You should be super to run and do quests in Ravenfell, WC and SL and level to lvl 55 with ease. When you reached lvl 55 you can join party to farm HOS, DS and ZS for new lvl 55 gear.

The mini games also drop good set of gear –Eye of wisdom (cloth) 7 pieces will give 10% magic power. Ask your guild member for them, some might have them in their chest gathering dust. Put those mana stone in them and you will be super.

By the time you reached lvl 55, you should consider buying HD Sand Dune Ring, earring and necklace (also drop from mini games) or ask your guild member for them and put those mana stone with the yellow stat on them which will boost your HP and attack power a lot. By this time nobody will tell you off that your HP is too low to run HOS, DS and ZS.

I hope this simple guide will assist new player to level up and have fun in running ROM. gl to all new ppl

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 2:19pm

Nice guide for the new players to gear up at lvl 50.

Thanks sclau
It's not the strongest of species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most adaptable to change.

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 2:30pm

Quoted from "sclau;4337422"

Those gears from the quests at COO and XA is not adequate for you to survive till lvl 55.

If you play carefully enough, you can hit 55 with just Weeping Coast quests and dailies from Inferno Gardens. This means you can get through to Thunderhoof Hills and the 55 armor pack which is currently serving one of my lowbie toons quite well at 62. (I'm leaving the 60 package for the other class.)

Quoted from "sclau"

HD will give double the attributes that you put in that gear.

Actually, it only give 20% extra, not double.

Arrowblade

Intermediate

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 6:58pm

for god's sake, you dont need pimped gear for quests in ravenfell ... the zone was designed for mere lvl 45 when the best gear arround was from Kalin Shrine.
You dont need special gear for Weeping coast either, it was doable with normal drop gear and green stats so it should be doable still.
The first zone that really demands pimped gear is Savage lands, mostly because of the naga quests.
Overdoing your gear makes you uneducated about how to use your skills.
Who bothers about stuns, dots, silence and disables, when you are onehitting or even autokilling the mobs.
M/P P/M M/S W/M whatever

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 7:27pm

Quoted from "Arrowblade;4338118"

for god's sake, you dont need pimped gear for quests in ravenfell ... the zone was designed for mere lvl 45 when the best gear arround was from Kalin Shrine.
You dont need special gear for Weeping coast either, it was doable with normal drop gear and green stats so it should be doable still.
The first zone that really demands pimped gear is Savage lands, mostly because of the naga quests.
Overdoing your gear makes you uneducated about how to use your skills.
Who bothers about stuns, dots, silence and disables, when you are onehitting or even autokilling the mobs.

Like I saw a few days ago: a lvl 14 mage with wings +16, cape +16 and belt +16, statted with Bygone, Hero and Glorious Stats :( Where are the day's when you had to work hard to get some decent stats :(
If all else fails, play dead :)

Friday, September 14th 2012, 4:03am

Sorry i make a mistake, the HD give extra 20% bonus. And you buy the fusion stone from AH instead from NPC.

Well, if you have a choice why work the hard way. You can solo lot of quest with those extra HP and attack power and have fun playing the game.

Arrowblade

Intermediate

Friday, September 14th 2012, 7:35am

"You can solo lot of quest with those extra HP and attack power and have fun playing the game"
yep, you can solo the same quests without bay ring stats too, and have fun.
i dont think you have to do it the hard way.
but i do think overgearing on low level content brings you unprepared for the endgame.
and that is a part of the reasons why so many ppl quit when they hit endgame.

The whole gear based idea is wrong, now everybody is going for the nuke-or-die strategy on EVERY boss, so this kinda leads to boredom. Not to mention leading to frustration for all the folks unable to nuke.

But, suit yourself, everybody decides for himself. The good think about making low level gear is that you learn how to pimp it before you reach the expensive stage of the game, so any mistakes dont appear so devastating.

I would rather see not skilled player in high level dungeon instead of level 72 character who doesnt know how to transmute stats.

i must add i have trunsmuted gear on every char i had played starting arround lvl 30, it made leveling easier. But that was before the Xav and Coo zones were introduced, so basicaly, there was NO quest gear suitable arround.

like i said, everything before Savage lands should be doable without special gear, what you get from drops and quests is enough for questing. Not enough for instances tho.
M/P P/M M/S W/M whatever

Monday, September 24th 2012, 4:49am

OMG, my guild above are outdated and obsolete. Why? just go to Infeno Garden and have a look on those Lvl 50-54 ppls. they have 15k to 21k Hp with crimson stats on them. Nobody care about odd guide talk any more. They just plaly the way they like it. It just like old ppl said if you can walk why you need a car. The new ppl will say I can afford it why not. LOL.

Arrowblade

Intermediate

Monday, September 24th 2012, 10:35am

Yep, 50 levels with crimson stats, overgeared to do just dailies, then they become lvl 72 and cant figure out how to make a simple skill rotation, cant even imagine a team work where everybody has a task, they just want to nuke the bosses ... but they dont have 10 lvl higher stats than the instance level, so they start a rant and in the end they quit. Simple story about why this game is on the downslope and why everybody is talking about dead servers.
There had to be some limit on using high level stats on low level chars, but it is too late for that already.

Back on the topic, the guide can be usefull.
And back to the offtopic, just because you can afford to drive to the outhouse, doesnt mean you have to go pee by car.

yes, you can kill a fly with a nuclear bomb, the question is - if just having the bomb is the same like able to afford it, or the price you would pay in the future would be too high
M/P P/M M/S W/M whatever

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 10:07pm

Real gearing starts at L55, not 50. Quest gear you get in CoO might not be good enough, but my alts are surviving L50-L55 just fine with set from Weeping Coast. (I know, only one of those set that is UD, but still better then regular quest gear set)

Next one at L55 you can get just before you made it into Dalanis. In the mean time you should be well enough to go trough couple HOS, HODL, LODD and what not runs to get some better gear to start stating. For mage of course it would be Elemental Flame set @ L55 with Void Staff until L60 - next upgrade.

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 11:05pm

Quoted from "anubisfx;4362412"

Real gearing starts at L55, not 50. Quest gear you get in CoO might not be good enough, but my alts are surviving L50-L55 just fine with set from Weeping Coast. (I know, only one of those set that is UD, but still better then regular quest gear set)

Um, the quest pack from Weeping Coast is exactly the same as the Quest rewards from the end of Coast of Opportunity & throughout Xaviera. The only real difference is that the quest pack items have a chance of Rune slots.

Arrowblade

Intermediate

Friday, September 28th 2012, 6:55pm

Quoted

For mage of course it would be Elemental Flame set @ L55 with Void Staff until L60 - next upgrade.

If i had to choose a lvl 55 staff i would go for collector's staff, actually, i did go for it :).

http://www.runesdatabase.com/item/212165/collector's-staff

And yes, the elemental flame is the choice untill you are able to get raksha.
M/P P/M M/S W/M whatever

Monday, November 19th 2012, 9:41am

The game is getting easier for new ppl with the introduction of new stat from bag dropped in the new zone-BALANCE RING EARRING, NECKLACE. With lot of ppl farming outside KBN, you could get these ring very cheap in AH - range from 80k to 400k a piece. Put these stat in yr lvl 55 gear and you can go right up to lvl 70 without changing gear and save all your gold for a good weapon. a good weapon is the priority of this game. hf and gl.

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Monday, November 19th 2012, 10:18am

Quoted from "anubisfx;4362412"

For mage of course it would be Elemental Flame set @ L55 with Void Staff until L60 - next upgrade.

Waaaaaaaaaay back, I survived on Green X and Green XI statted whites and a T6 Staff of Admiration from 50 up to 60+
(I had about 10k HP from it all.)

Got a Root of Nightmares at 58 and started making tier stones for it and have been upgrading to whatever purples I can get my grubby paws on and nowadays, that Mage of mine is doing very well.
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos
http://romhiddenquests.ml // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 6:45am

Quoted from "sclau;4434076"

The game is getting easier for new ppl with the introduction of new stat from bag dropped in the new zone-BALANCE RING EARRING, NECKLACE. With lot of ppl farming outside KBN, you could get these ring very cheap in AH - range from 80k to 400k a piece. Put these stat in yr lvl 55 gear and you can go right up to lvl 70 without changing gear and save all your gold for a good weapon. a good weapon is the priority of this game. hf and gl.

X-stats rock !! xD

p/s: Thank you very much to the elites for the price tag :)