You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 1:16pm

Stating a Warden/scout and Chiron damages

Hi guys,

I just started to play Wd/S after two years being a S/Wd and I was wondering about two things.

First i'd like to know what is in your opinion the best way to stat your items for a full dps gear? I actually use 4 str/PA, 1 Sta/Str and 1 Str/HP. It gives me a lot of Str but I wonder if it woulldn't be better to put 2 Sta/PA instead of my last two stats. This way i think could give more PA. Has anyone compared the diference in damage between a full Str stating and full PA stating?
I bet many will say full PA is better but with charged chop str also has an influence on your damage.

Second question: I tried a new thing today. I launch all my buff and then i summon Chiron. I mean i don't summon him during the fight, i just launch all i've got as if i was starting the fight, then i summon him, and i wait to have all back to start the fight. I feel like he does much more damage like this but if anyone could tell me what buffs are really usefull to make him hit like a truck^^

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 1:21pm

Str/patt x 4
Sta/patt x 2
Ignore the str part of charged chop or any other skill with Attribute modifier. They are of some value only in pvp

Yes, pets derive stats from the moment you summon them and keep the stats after buffs run out. So full buff -> summon Chiron.

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 1:31pm

Yes i heard full PA was better than full str and that the str dmg weren't very interesting.

Thanks for the advice, I have to change my stating^^

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 5:51pm

The biggest problem of your old statting was str/hp. For a warden primary that's really a bad stat. Since you don't get any defense... And why not take advantage of wd soto buff?

Monday, November 19th 2012, 9:27am

I have a question about chiron and his accuracy : on the nest's boss, mine chiron don't hit really often and in my combat logs book I see that the boss have dodge approximatively 30/40% of chiron centaur's arrows. The problem is that we need chiron hits on the boss to stack the attack' speed buff: can we really lower the dodge rate of the boss with a different stating? I 've tried to put some dex/ap instead of sta/ap or str/ap but even with more than 8000 dex I no longer "miss" centaur's arrow but the boss continue to "dodge". If someone have any suggestions about this?
[img][/img]

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 8:04am

Misses are related to your weapon skills, not your accuracy.

Dodges are calculated on your accuracy against your target's dodge.

I don't know where any possible break even point would be. Have a look on the US forums where one Wd/S is adamant that by statting more Dex you increase Chirons damage at the expense of the Warden's DPS (through lower pattk). I believe you should be able to find some rather long-winded and bad tempered arguments with Druff about the subject.

Personally I would never choose accuracy over physical attack, but I have never played Warden at high level (I do have a low level Wd/D I'm always oom. Fun combo apart from that ^^).

Character transfer between servers is not possible.

Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success.

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 5:56pm

Yeah there's a wd/s on us forum that claims that swapping some str/patt for dex/patt helps with chiron hitting more often, thus improving overall chiron+warden dps. However his arguments weren't really that convincing, and over the years i've learnt that druff is never wrong... so your choice ^^

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:36pm

Dexterity facts about Wardens are all wrong, don't even think about it. How i know? With my unique Wardens formulas no boss in any instance ever dodge my attack or Chirion ones (i probably have around 1k Dex or so). Train your weapon skill for start.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Adele07

Beginner

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 11:25am

yes weapon skill level effects attack accuracy.....the more the better....
and for satting a wd/s 4x str/patt and 2x stam/patt is what preferred by most(also me).....

good luck :D
Devlina (Perun) Warrior/Warden/Scout Savage Warrior till the end....
Mackica (Perun) Warrior/Mage In progress and feeling awesome about this combo XD
[img][/img]

Sunday, December 30th 2012, 1:54pm

Quoted from "Adele07;4485779"

yes weapon skill level effects attack accuracy...

Misses are related to your weapon skills, not your accuracy.

Dodges are calculated on your accuracy against your target's dodge.

Weapon skills are what governs how often you miss - so it does effect a general concept of accuracy, but it has nothing to do with the stat Accuracy that you get from ghost stats and from Dexterity. Two completely different concepts.

Do I need to type that out again? I could copy paste all day :P

Character transfer between servers is not possible.

Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success.

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 9:12am

It seems strange that chiron is dodged one time on 3. So he need an extravagant amount of dexterity if i read you? The developpers have scale the dodge rate of nest 's bosses with scout's dexterity and forget the other distant user with their secondary class?

@onetrickst3r : you're talking about all bosses include nest's bosses? What are your physical attack , strengh, etc..?
[img][/img]

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 8:08pm

Changed 6 pieces of gear to suit it up with legendary bosses coins set so atm lot of items unstated - but before that i had 79k patk with 13,7k str only (mostly pure patk build). Mostly used 2H Axes (last Lekani's Strength) and i have maxed weapon skill for 2H axe. Before month or so i swaped to Messenger of Death 2H Sword and my weapon skill is on 85% to max or so, didn't catch time to train it further. Back on topic, yes, i'm talking about ToSH / Hard Mode World Bosses and KBN HM b1 and b2 (we still didn't get further in kbn) - i have zero issues with missing bosses. Not saying i didn't miss ever (Valiant Arrow acctualy can miss) - but cca 98-99% chirion hits will land as hits.

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 8:37am

very strange , i 've got similar patk unbuff and a lekani's strenght too with maybe not 100%weapon skill but above 95% and my chiron centaur's arrow is dodged at 33% (no misses) and worst for the valiant arrow on KBN HM B1 and 2. Have you got maxed something unusual in your character? Which distant weapon are you using?
[img][/img]

TofzeWolf

Professional

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 4:06pm

Quoted from "HYTRIL;4494842"

very strange , i 've got similar patk unbuff and a lekani's strenght too with maybe not 100%weapon skill but above 95% and my chiron centaur's arrow is dodged at 33% (no misses) and worst for the valiant arrow on KBN HM B1 and 2. Have you got maxed something unusual in your character? Which distant weapon are you using?

Hi,

As we are speaking of Inis, may I suggest also including the buffs that are launched by the other partymembers. Some of them give a boost to attack accuracy (Druid's Savage Blessing) or to characs that affect if (Wlock's Sublimation Weave Curse).

It may help knowing which ones and at which level, in order to have a complete lookout.
Dying by the souls I have forsaken...
No one's going to catch my fall from grace

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 12:38pm

Oh yeah... I saw lot of Wardens using buffs that don't helping at all (in moment of summoning chirion) - so try to eliminate one by one and try to use only ones that actually helping... Right buffing of Chirion took me 8-9 months to learn - lot of papers and calculator use... That can be your issue too - so experiment a bit with buffs...

TofzeWolf

Professional

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 1:50pm

Stupid question, but hey I'm not afraid (and I'm used to being the one "that asks the questions no one wants to ask" IRL :D):

Can it be that the "Bow/XBow" weapon masteries have an effect on Chiron's bow ?

(I warned you it was stupid)

[Privjoke for my fellows from Claiomh] Dites donc les Claiomhiens, c'est sympa de venir, j'en avais un peu marre de squatter les fofo anglophones tout seul :p
Dying by the souls I have forsaken...
No one's going to catch my fall from grace

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 8:03pm

Every question is good question... But nope, i can guarantee that weapon skill of your ranged weapon have nothing with pet ''accuracy''... This is how i know... My weapon mastery of xbow is verry low, i don't know precise number - but is about level 120-130 and i think that is low for xbows... But... Other guy on server that have issues with dodging of centaurs hits was Sc/Wd 3 years and he have ranged weapon skills maxed. At time when he swaped to Wd/Sc he still had over 14k dex and lot physical accuracy due to lot of left leather gear... And with that he have issues... That's reason more i know is not about dex / physical accuracy and xbow weapon skill level... Later ofc he make chain gear and cut off dex - he still had isses and i told him about weapon skill... Not sure did he level it because after all that - he found Warmage more fun to play and he switched... So don't know his end results...

Koloid

Intermediate

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 12:51pm

At least when I quit the game, the hit/miss-ratio of your ranged skills were determined by your main hand weapon skill and not the bow or xbow skill, strange as it may sound. Not saying that this has any influence on Chiron, but if you want to test it you should probably check if 2-h axe/2-h sword skill does anything for Chiron's hit/miss-ratio.
Was Kaleid s/wd/w 71/70/58, Alaia w/m/wd 65/62/50, Prydwyn p/k 62/50.
Permanently gone from ROM xcept for lurking the forums.

Friday, January 11th 2013, 1:55am

I tried to check my Chiron accuracy lately and found out he nearly never misses^^.
My 2h weapon skill is like 108/175, crossbow max. Still tryin' to find why some people have so many miss but don't have any clue.

Could someone explain me here what are the buff you need to activate to maximize Chiron's DPS. I mean, i use like everything but I'm too lazy to check which one are useless^^

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 2:22pm

Well, Chiron wont fail on weak mobs :P, have you checked on KBN bosses? He never fails on melee but ranged skills got dodged around 30-40% sadly.. 2h axe, bow and xbow almost maxed, and good amount of dex and still.. :P so not a clue what is going really.. lvling unarmed now.. who knows XD
Skarxah WD/S W/WD.. former Skarxa W/R K/R hehe :) Astral forever :)
Here since Beta, all damn inis cleared in all modes and still thinking that Origin 2nd was the best boss of all :P