You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ithilis

Intermediate

• "Ithilis" started this thread

Thursday, January 24th 2013, 7:43pm

Forums need more dragons

Here's one of the reasons why I like this game: Cave of Water Dragon (why does Cave get sencored in game chat??)

I have been boring everyone since I started the game by preaching "This game needs more dragons!" Then finally when Tergothen Bay came out I immediatly went there for dragon-spotting. At Rorazan you can see one flying and I was in heaven! Then came Chrysalia and I was in extase! Then I finally unlocked the daily with those dragons in Chrysalia- and it was about searching gold from piles of dragon manure :D Nevertheless, I like where this is going.

Now I'd like people with atleast bit artistic skills to draw some dragons on forums, since everyone is making lame fanvideos about RoM, but where's traditional fan art?? Forums need more dragons!

Ithilis

Intermediate

Friday, January 25th 2013, 1:22pm

Here's a colored version of the cutie.
Ithilis has attached the following image:
  • lytfir_painted_small.jpg

NoNameFound

Professional

Occupation: Once a gatherer... / Accidentally causing another to spend ress amulets

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 5:42am

Thanks :) I like dragons! (especially in red / simple "metalic" colors such as gold though.)
I'd like to see more such pictures. I wish I could help here but I am not an artist at all lol

BTW when I was visiting (not questing) in Chrysalia I saw that dragon near the town
- shame one can't RIDE on those (Yes I asked one about this. I was told it's impossible.) :)

Siobhain

Professional

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 12:23pm

+1 for more Dragons but I regret I can't draw so I'm reliant on others for my eye-candy. :(
Today is hug~a~Dwarf day. :D
Just watch out for the 'crotch meets face' issue. O.o

Ithilis

Intermediate

Monday, January 28th 2013, 2:48pm

Quoted

BTW when I was visiting (not questing) in Chrysalia I saw that dragon near the town
- shame one can't RIDE on those (Yes I asked one about this. I was told it's impossible.) :)

NoNameFound, how does your character look like? I can fulfill your dream, but sadly only by simple picture ;)

Related to riding a dragon- topic, here is the cutest mount (originally boss in Raksha's Temple) in game, Paicha!

I've always considered Paicha as some sort of dragon, but heard from friends it looks more like some deer or wolf than dragon..Ah well.
Anyway, I'd like to say that it doesn't matter if you can't draw: I'm not protective of these drawings since characters aren't originally mine. Feel free to print them and color them (or give them to your kids to color) and post a result here! :) I'm very curious of the results.
  • paicha (2).jpg

Ithilis

Intermediate

Monday, January 28th 2013, 3:06pm

Here's one other lonely dragon in his own cave. Poor fellow has the most wanted heart in the game. Sadly I never quested in Aotulia Volcano, so I never found out why naga's imprisoned this cutie. Can anyone enlighten me on this?
I'm sorry if this guy doesn't look exactly like his RoM match. I took some liberties on scales and face :P
  • gestero (2).jpg

NoNameFound

Professional

Occupation: Once a gatherer... / Accidentally causing another to spend ress amulets

Monday, January 28th 2013, 3:38pm

Ithilis, I will try to comment by PM on that topic's regard
(I tried and failed yet, I am not sure I will be able to phrase it well)

Sorry ahead on length and non clarity in case I eventually manage to write you :)
If I don't respond (more) here, and not PM you, this does not mean I didn't see or that I ignore.
I have some things to say as a response, which I can't organize well at least as of now.

Monday, January 28th 2013, 7:07pm

Quoted

+1 for more Dragons

Yeah, maybe they will eat the bugs in this game...

Ithilis

Intermediate

Monday, January 28th 2013, 7:42pm

Quoted from "nagymbear;4522124"

Yeah, maybe they will eat the bugs in this game...

Hey,
I made this thread purely as entertainment for people who like dragons (such as myself). I hear enough of serious stuff and complaining every day, and want to do something fun during my freetime. If you have complains of bugs in the game, please go discuss of those in some thread that actually covers that subject.

Picture related: There's a bug eater for you.
  • bug_eater.jpg

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 6:47pm

ok, you got me with the bug eater there. In return here's a well known Hungarian dragon, Süsü. :)

nagymbear has attached the following image:
  • susu.jpg

Ithilis

Intermediate

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 7:33pm

Oh how very handy crafted dragon! In Finland when I was a kid we had very famous dragon called Justus
Shame my sculpture skills were never high enough to make fanart of him :(
  • justuslohikäärme.jpg

Ithilis

Intermediate

Sunday, February 3rd 2013, 12:26pm

Had the paints left from Lytfir and thought I continue with same colours. Paicha is also water-themed so it fits nicely :) Failed a bit with foreground and background... Result isnt as nice as I intended :/
Hmm, here's the picture larger and without deviantart-waterstamp if someone wants it.
  • paicha_painted.jpg

NoNameFound

Professional

Monday, February 4th 2013, 11:36am

Nice one, Ithillis!
BTW, I think the Aquarious pet is some kind of dragon-like creature, too, in the way RoM implemented it, at least :)

Ithilis

Intermediate

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 4:21pm

Quoted from "NoNameFound;4533230"

Nice one, Ithillis!
BTW, I think the Aquarious pet is some kind of dragon-like creature, too, in the way RoM implemented it, at least :)

Thanks :) I think all new pets look bit dragonlike. Sadly I dont have any yet, because I dont have time for doing festival events and therefore havent gotten any crystals to making one yet. I've always found Manticore-pet cute too :3

Here's something so you know I'm not dead, just busy with everything: Half-done Gestero laying on my desk with paints. Maybe I find motivation to finish it tomorrow, instead of studying 3rd language or graduating from my school which I should be doing :p
  • halfdone.jpg

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 4:58pm

Quoted from "Ithilis;4540223"

Half-done Gestero laying on my desk with paints.

Stunning! I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Ithilis

Intermediate

Monday, February 11th 2013, 5:45pm

Quoted from "Yrcanos;4540253"

Stunning! I look forward to seeing the finished piece.

Here you go :)
I thought this as some sort of Valentine's day card (it has heart and warm colours in it, typical to Valentine-cards) even tough it's bit too early for it. Anyway, happy Valentine's day all ,especially to my darling boyfriend who I've been annoying recently by acting like a teenage kid! <3

P.S. Come on people, I've done you so cool line art, print them out and color them at boring lessons or at coffeebreak at work and scan me the results :P

Monday, February 11th 2013, 7:54pm

That is really nice. Has a bit of a Balrog feel to it with the flames :)

Siobhain

Professional

Tuesday, February 12th 2013, 11:38am

\o/ looking really good and.....

Quoted from "nagymbear;4542095"

Has a bit of a Balrog feel to it with the flames :)

...totally agree. I think its the angle of the horns that makes me think that too. That's also how the sleeping dragon in Chrysalia seems to look.

Gonna try and get a nice screeny of that beasts head because, coincidently, the guild I created for my crafters/gatherers is called Wyrmcraft and I'd like to mess about with a little logo (for my own amusement).
Today is hug~a~Dwarf day. :D
Just watch out for the 'crotch meets face' issue. O.o

Ithilis

Intermediate

Wednesday, February 13th 2013, 6:58pm

Quoted

That is really nice. Has a bit of a Balrog feel to it with the flames :)

True, it's the horns and upright position that make it look like balrogish. Gestero is really more bulky and stand strongly on 4 feet, so this isn't typical image of him. But I wated to make him look like he is saying "You can't get my heart!" and I think the position makes the effect.

Quoted

I'd like to mess about with a little logo (for my own amusement).

Please do that, Sio and post result here too :)

I also got some screenies of dragons in Tergothen Bay. I like this happy "special" dragon :P
  • retarded_dragon.jpg

Ithilis

Intermediate

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 10:57pm

Oh all you nice people reading this.. Can anyone post me some clear picture of Zanka? I realized I only got 2 lousy screenshots of him after I've died (good thing was that I wasn't alone and he is soloable nowadays). Anyway, I would appreciate help here.