You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, March 3rd 2013, 11:38am

Wd/Sc - Xbow tiered or statted?

Hi,
I am doubting whether to use a statted xbow (t7), or a tiered xbow (t10) for my Wd/Sc.
I think with the first I will create more p atk, while with the second I have more damage. Problem is, I am not 100% sure which maximizes overall (so me and Chiron) dps.

Any thoughts? :)

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Sunday, March 3rd 2013, 7:04pm

Tiered. You only use shot from scout side if ever. Untameable is high focus cobsumption so probably never going to use VA?

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Monday, March 4th 2013, 12:45pm

Well VA is good to use in opening stage of fight and if you change time od hiting Untamable you can use VA in intervals 14-20s, is huge DOT and higher boss is - is better for max damage output... At least for me... I go for stated t7 bow - because, no matter how much Shots i use in rotation (and AntiMagic Arrow sometimes stay only thing without CD so :p) - nothing can compare to 2-3k patk more for your Chiron (and in buffed state that means even 6-7k patk more)...

Wd/Sc is not best burner in game - but is among best damage dealers total in game, combined with Chiron you gonna own every long fight and every hard boss. Wd/Sc is also one of rare classes where max DPS don't need to mean max damage. If you are up for hard damage dealing and if you are more concentrated on higher instances, then i would say stated bow beat tiered one... If you calculate cost of t10 tiered and lets say t8 stated, you can always find nice compromise with going on t8 stated bow.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 4:22pm

I think the only way to answer this question is empirically. So I conducted the following test: I summoned Chiron with a level 40 xbow (around 300 dps I believe), and after with a t10 HD jenny's power (around 2600 or so).
Then I tested the difference in damage on level 1 mobs. They are well suited for this, as their pdef is quite low, and either with or without Jenny's power, my patk>pdef mob.

With the level 40 xbow, I hit 356k, 366k, 374k, 344k.
With the jenny's HD t10 I hit 374k, 350k, 380k, 378k

Of course the sample is (very) small, it does illustrate that the damage of the xbow is really irrelevant imo. So concerning summoning Chiron , max P atk is key.

(Naturally, the dps of the player with a t10 jenny will be higher than with a lv 40 xbow. However, if we compare difference in dps between t7 statted, en t10 tiered, I think that difference is negligeble compared to Chiron's increase in DPS).

Alternative explanations are welcome :)

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 10:06pm

Quoted from "Drrakon;4567637"

I think the only way to answer this question is empirically. So I conducted the following test: I summoned Chiron with a level 40 xbow (around 300 dps I believe), and after with a t10 HD jenny's power (around 2600 or so).
Then I tested the difference in damage on level 1 mobs. They are well suited for this, as their pdef is quite low, and either with or without Jenny's power, my patk>pdef mob.

With the level 40 xbow, I hit 356k, 366k, 374k, 344k.
With the jenny's HD t10 I hit 374k, 350k, 380k, 378k

Of course the sample is (very) small, it does illustrate that the damage of the xbow is really irrelevant imo. So concerning summoning Chiron , max P atk is key.

(Naturally, the dps of the player with a t10 jenny will be higher than with a lv 40 xbow. However, if we compare difference in dps between t7 statted, en t10 tiered, I think that difference is negligeble compared to Chiron's increase in DPS).

Alternative explanations are welcome :)

Am i missing something or you didn't say which skill you used to test the difference? -.-

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 10:43pm

With US forums down, I'll share my 2c here.

Guys, do you really not have any decent Wd/S in EU?

First, Wd/S has 3 range dps skills that are a part of the rotation: Anti-Magic Arrow, Shot and Vampire Arrow. Anti-Magic Arrow is the hardest range hitting skill and it recovers mana. If range dps skills are not a part of your rotation - you are a lousy Wd/S.

Charged Chop is off GCD. Wd/S just does not have good GCD skills to fill in while CC is on CD. Untammable is very expensive, Cross Chop / Frantic Briar / Thorny Vines are just not very good. About 25% of your dps comes from the range skills. Tiered cross bow - more dps.

For the pet... Pet dps is based off your pattack not damage.

Tiered vs statted is based on the preference. Tiered will yield more dps, statted - more survivability.

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 8:54am

@ Galen: Centaur's arrow :)

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 8:55am

Quoted from "tyrr2;4567928"

With US forums down, I'll share my 2c here.

Guys, do you really not have any decent Wd/S in EU?

First, Wd/S has 3 range dps skills that are a part of the rotation: Anti-Magic Arrow, Shot and Vampire Arrow. Anti-Magic Arrow is the hardest range hitting skill and it recovers mana. If range dps skills are not a part of your rotation - you are a lousy Wd/S.

Charged Chop is off GCD. Wd/S just does not have good GCD skills to fill in while CC is on CD. Untammable is very expensive, Cross Chop / Frantic Briar / Thorny Vines are just not very good. About 25% of your dps comes from the range skills. Tiered cross bow - more dps.

For the pet... Pet dps is based off your pattack not damage.

Tiered vs statted is based on the preference. Tiered will yield more dps, statted - more survivability.

It is not as simple as you pertain it to be. I agree, a tiered bow will generate more dps for the PLAYER. However, this is offset by less dps for the Chiron since you cannot summon it with as much patk as if you would stat your bow.

It that sense, its a trade-off between more dps for the player, or more dps for the chiron.

I would say that overall, a statted xbow will maxiize your (chiron + you) dps.

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 10:10am

Quoted from "Drrakon;4568144"

It is not as simple as you pertain it to be. I agree, a tiered bow will generate more dps for the PLAYER. However, this is offset by less dps for the Chiron since you cannot summon it with as much patk as if you would stat your bow.

It that sense, its a trade-off between more dps for the player, or more dps for the chiron.

I would say that overall, a statted xbow will maxiize your (chiron + you) dps.

Chiron dps is affected by player's pattack at summoning.
There is no trade off. You can use a higher pattack gear to summon the pet and a different set to dps.
Most Wd/S play S/Wd too. Tiered crossbow is more practical.

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 1:14pm

Just to add something about rotation... Ranged skills are one of the most important part of rotation, also, as Wd/Sc GC HM ISS is needed due to short cd, not that bad damage and so called buff... But again, due to fact that Wd/Sc don't have mastery for ranged, difference between tiered and stated bow in dps of player is really small... Actually, more patk almost recover that 3 tier less, because that 3k patk more in full buffed stage means really much... But Chiron also have patk modifier on him and stated x-bow actually means over 14k patk more on him total... And that brings really much damage on Chiron side and lets face with reallity, he is main source of damage and is not important even if you do more damage than chiron, still more patk for him will do biger difference...

For rotation you need to use every attack skill you have (instant ones)... There is few bad skills that everyone avoid, but sometimes CD on other things will bring even bad skills to function... Shot is huge source of DPS and is verry handy due to small CD... Wd/Sc together with W/Sc have best dot effect on VA and even VA have long CD - is still TOP 5 damage dealing skills you have... Anti magic arrow is uber in PVP due to range... But in PVE is also too handy, even on trash if you're late :p... Also if enough TP on it, it hit really strong and every bit of free mana is nice... But even some melee skills are really bad, that doesn't mean you need to leave them out of rotation... Wd/Sc is one of classes with longest rotation list... I'm always reading scrut report on skill usage for every class that party with me, and Wd/Sc is probably among 5 classes with longest list of skills he use...

But yeah, i don't play Sc/Wd at all so for me stated xbow is ok... But if you are Sc/Wd too, then ofc tiered due to economical reasons...
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.