You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 5:41pm

Is warden druid viable ?

Forst i love the class, we have 2 CC spells, our pet can offtank, deals damage ad can raise ur defense to a very good level. And we also do decent melee damage.

The problem is that i totally hate chiron, mostly because he won't use his arrow
unless i micromonitor him.

Since my third class is druid I may well gave up warden/scout (which is a popular dps class) for warden/druid.

Is warden/druid viable in the long run ?

It's rather fun to play solo :
- you have many way to withstand high damage : Our 2 hit absorbtion, the druid 5 sec invulnerability, elven amulet and we can share damage with our pet.

- You can pull with the druid conic aoe.

- The druid precision certainly helps.

- You can heal yourself and you main attack heals everyone around.

- You can add a proc to your your melee weapon.

The con (if compared to warden/scout) are :

No more arrows to regenerate mana, the loss of two ranged attack (shot and bloody arrow)

The loss of chiron whose dps is almost too big for my taste.

Note that i m open to other solutions like warden/thief or wardn/warrior.

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 5:57pm

There is a Warden/Druid tanking endgame or at least close to endgame on Siochain so yes it's viable but only as a tank I believe. I don't know if she visits forums to give you any extra info about the combo. Having a quick look at elite skill I doubt it can fulfill other roles, but as you have Scout as your other class you actually one of the few triple class combos which can fulfill all 3 roles, S/Wd and Wd/S as nice dps classes, Wd/D as tank even Wd/S as tank to a lesser degree D/S as best raid healer and D/Wd as best party healer and warmage buffer :p

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 7:13pm

as jon said on sio we got a really nice wd/d tank who can tank cob normal, dunno if she has tried kbn hm yet but i imagine she can, from what ive seen aggro is really good apart from trash mobs ^^
Cenre - 82/77/70 r/s/m
Alissya - 82/70/70 m/wd/w
yolo

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 10:02pm

i would love to see Wd/d in mage gear Warmage style hiting :). With def, imune, dmg reduction and heals would be very nice combo. I think in youtube was video where wd/d hit Crysalia mob for 700k :D not bad i think :). And in mage gear and staff heals should be awasome too.

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 5:49pm

I do wonder why some mage gear, it seems to me that all our attack are physical. I may check that ;-)/

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 6:20pm

its all about Elite skill who works like buff and do earth dmg agues when y autoattack.

Tuesday, April 16th 2013, 6:38pm

hehe so from my short experience: yes wd/d is possible as tank but not really that good. good things about it:
- it's really hard to die :D and the heals on you will be gigantic
- in a boss fight aggro is I think ok and the taunt is good

the one big problem:
- like Cenre said, on trash mobs the aggro sucks, especially when more then 3 mobs come (hello kbn) it can be a huge problem, because you only have the 12 second cooldown wd aoe and power of the wood spirit, which only can hit 3 targets. and I think wd/w can use some warrior aoes so they don't have this problem (not sure).

in general I think wd/w will be better in practically everything. maybe the exception if your healer sucks, wd/d doesn't really need a super healer, but even here there's a bad suprise: the increased resistance skill, when you read it it only gives physical critical resistance and nothing is said about magical, but me and one or two healers are pretty sure it's bugged and gives magical resistance too :( so yes with 60 elite of course all heals on you are much bigger than on everybody else, but healers can't make so many crits on you now. didn't really test this but I'm almost sure.

Tuesday, April 16th 2013, 7:16pm

I'm atm tanking KBn hard with my wd/d nearly every day, and must say love it. :)

Even Im using only 4 pieces which are tanky statted(VN set + 72lvl earring), rest is my dd gear, bosses/mobs are hitting me like gimps :D
Also with aggro theres no problems at all, might be becouse Im not really tank statted and patt is quite high anyway.
-Tanked kbn with k/p, r/k and wd/d and from these I pick wd/d absolutely :)

Tuesday, April 16th 2013, 10:45pm

Quoted from "theInstigator;4611674"

I'm atm tanking KBn hard with my wd/d nearly every day, and must say love it. :)

Even Im using only 4 pieces which are tanky statted(VN set + 72lvl earring), rest is my dd gear, bosses/mobs are hitting me like gimps :D
Also with aggro theres no problems at all, might be becouse Im not really tank statted and patt is quite high anyway.
-Tanked kbn with k/p, r/k and wd/d and from these I pick wd/d absolutely :)

+1 i love it also i dont steal aggro anymore from him :D ( stupid warrmages ) -.- :D

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 12:51am

Quoted from "Skruve04;4568987"

i would love to see Wd/d in mage gear Warmage style hiting :). With def, imune, dmg reduction and heals would be very nice combo. I think in youtube was video where wd/d hit Crysalia mob for 700k :D not bad i think :). And in mage gear and staff heals should be awasome too.

u may wanna ask Artep for duell ;) added to my m /wd a druid instead the scout i never used.
i one hit most of our melees with 230k+ crit, rogues are a bit nasty to me because of dodge.

about tanking, still think wd/w is the much better tank because of awesome lvl 70 elite and some more immun.

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 10:35am

Hi there

I have a warden/druid (81/50)that at the moment is being equipped with chain from Beth HM, with full str/pattack and resistance. this are my numbers. with 63k pattack 18k damage (no tiered 2h axe beth HM, +12 t4) i deal with no necklace no rings refinement at all and many armor to be done:

44k normal 65k crit to sarlo mobs
90k normal 135k crit to mobs in hall of demon lord.

The other day, I saw in my party a warden/druid that, for my surprise, was wearing a high tiered t11 +16 transformated hoson, jewellery done but with no end game stats, and not very good, and magic chain with mementos and no HD or stats. I would say he rounded 70k mattack and may be less for sure. his numbers were:

700k crit (WHITE HIT with magic debuff (W/M style)) to hall of demon lord mobs. yes, you've seen well. 700K CRIT.

amazed by this discoverment i friend of mine lent me a high tiered transformed hoson t11 +16. I went to sarlo. elite 30 Earth Spirit Essence activated.

with 12k mattack (the mattack that the 2h staff gave me), i white attack a mob dealing 3k white 30k magic earth damage. this numbers are for sure, a way to go. May be i will try a warden druid with full int/mattack and resistance. Who knows, may be i can get close to W/M in dps.

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 3:59pm

there are nice wd/d-guides on the german forums - concerning it being played as a tank, as a physical dps and also a magical dps.
most intruiging seems to play it geared up like a magical-dps for sw. lateron i hope i can try it, especially since swaping to my healers gear would also make it a great offheal during combat. for pve other wd-combos are probably cheaper to gear up being good tanks or dps, although whenever a bossfight is not a burstboss yet... 1-2 supporting-combos can do a great favour being around to prolong everybody's life during trys.
Lemonbalm ------ Druide/Bewahrer/Kundschafter - Maidin - Ch3-6>
Lemoness -------- Druid/Warden/Rouge - Siochain - († April 2014)
Lemoneen -------- Bewahrer/Krieger - Maidin - († Juli 2013)

achilleas1

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 7:35am

Hi there

I have a warden/druid (81/50)that at the moment is being equipped with chain from Beth HM, with full str/pattack and resistance. this are my numbers. with 63k pattack 18k damage (no tiered 2h axe beth HM, +12 t4) i deal with no necklace no rings refinement at all and many armor to be done:

44k normal 65k crit to sarlo mobs
90k normal 135k crit to mobs in hall of demon lord.

The other day, I saw in my party a warden/druid that, for my surprise, was wearing a high tiered t11 +16 transformated hoson, jewellery done but with no end game stats, and not very good, and magic chain with mementos and no HD or stats. I would say he rounded 70k mattack and may be less for sure. his numbers were:

700k crit (WHITE HIT with magic debuff (W/M style)) to hall of demon lord mobs. yes, you've seen well. 700K CRIT.

amazed by this discoverment i friend of mine lent me a high tiered transformed hoson t11 +16. I went to sarlo. elite 30 Earth Spirit Essence activated.

with 12k mattack (the mattack that the 2h staff gave me), i white attack a mob dealing 3k white 30k magic earth damage. this numbers are for sure, a way to go. May be i will try a warden druid with full int/mattack and resistance. Who knows, may be i can get close to W/M in dps.

imo, although a magical statted wd/d is interesting, it does not compare close to w/m or even k/m

- w/m can wear wand/tali for faster hits+recon. wd's cannot wear wands. this leaves them to choose among staff or 2h axe/sword. the passive 2h weapon dmg skill increases only the physical dmg of 2h axe/sword (and not the magical one), so only viable weapon is staff.
- wd/d does not have (earth) elemental mastery to boost his white hits. w/m has both fire and wind mastery increasing their hits by 60-65% (dont remember the number exactly)
- w/m with 60 elite hits x1.5 times, compared to without the elite. (x2 hits of -25% penalty each, thus 1.5 times mod)
- w/m has electric attack to boost his matt by about 60%. wd/d doesnt have any "dps-wise" elites other than earth spirit ess.

even k/m has 20% light mastery and can wear 2h sword or 1h-hammer+shield. also has 2-3 dps-wise short term buffs as 20% light dmg boost for 15secs and intensification (+75% magic dmg).

imo wd/d is a tank. yes, it can be played as dps too, physical or magical, but u dont get full potential. hope u enjoy any road u pick

fin - mac

Friday, November 15th 2013, 3:27am

- wd/d does not have (earth) elemental mastery to boost his white hits. w/m has both fire and wind mastery increasing their hits by 60-65% (dont remember the number exactly)

Are you sure that you are not mixing something up with mage/*?
Not that I - as a pDD warrior - would invest a single TP in "fire mastery" even if I had that skill ....
Burning Eyes, Rath, Bew100/Kr100/Ku100/Dr100/Sch100/M74 - Kettenträger FTW^^
If you get the number one, the only way is down! --- Adam Ant
Cojones kann man nicht kaufen! --- unknown
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fsck the prom queen. --- John Patrick Mason
For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying. --- Gandalf, the White

achilleas1

Intermediate

Friday, November 15th 2013, 4:01am

Are you sure that you are not mixing something up with mage/*?
Not that I - as a pDD warrior - would invest a single TP in "fire mastery" even if I had that skill ....

yeap, messed with mage in mind ;) rushy post. ignore my comments on elemental mastery for w/m. corrected on initail post too

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 12:32pm

Hi!

well, i've been able to see a warden/druid in action with
magic equipment and t11 transformed hoson, with very few mattack and i
should say that with a decent equipment it can do masive damage. may be
you haven't seen a good warden/druid in action, but what i've seen is
great in every single way.

though soloing is also a great
posibility. the recover is big. i've seen heals of 80k crit with 13k
regen, which is a lot. the warden/druid can heal himself very well, and
can still do a lot a white damage. white automatic hit + spam recover
can be a great solution to soloing (only talking about mattack gear)

consider elite 60 to receive an enormous amount of added healing

firstly you will absorb a 5% of your PV when you use thron sigil
at lvl 70 briars will give you a 26,1% to your own heals
and also received heals increased by 26,1%.
imagine at lvl 82.

so
if you heal yourself, you will receive more than a 50% heals. just
astonishing refering to briar (briar control). consider the physical
damage reduction of up to a 20% with earth essence, beast awakening
which gives you a 20% increase in PV, 10% more pdefence which can be
always active with blade of protection (added to the nearly 50% increase
of briar + spirit of the oak), and connection which gives you 10% more
physical and magical damage. Add to that a great skill like quick
reflexes that gives you physical critical RESISTANCE, and an increase in
dodge and you get a high playable tank with warrior like dps.

By
the way, it also serves as dps. i went with this warden/druid to sarlo,
and critical hits were of 340k white, he told me he had 54k mattack
buffed. can you consider as reasonable to see a warden/druid with
130-150k magical attack buffed hitting for more than 800k ??i would say
yes. absolutely.

this kind of combination is quite recent, so
not hightly well equipped players appear to say what they think. I would
say it cannot deal as much damage as W/m, but, in fact, can outpass a
great amount of dps with added skills to consider.