You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 11:47am

Chiron nerf?

Just readed patch notes. So they nerfed Pet dmg by 20%? wtf Seems i sending gear to other combo.
And Mages doesnot have Thunderstrom now..lol that the skill is so must on them.

Or maybe will try wd/w dps combo. But will see how it will show on Chirons dps.

Strange none complain about Pet in PVe why they nerf it? Maybe now Chiron will hit more often in kbn+.

Cugo

Trainee

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 12:00pm

"Now the preconditions for learning the following skills have been removed: "
as i got it they didnt remove thunderstorm but but the "preconditions" which would be u needed some lvl to get thunderstorm as i get it now u do not need some lvl to get thunderstorm but u have it from start..sounds wierd this way too :D

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 12:01pm

Instead of 40% bonus, now we have 20% bonus... Difference in lower inis would be small, but i'm afraid in higher inis pure patk build Wd/Sc's won't overpass that pdeff of bosses with Chrion easy now, so our overall damage will be lot smaller... But hey, what to say - as Wd/Sc we are used to get changes every once in a while, so we will survive...
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 12:19pm

Instead of nerf Chiron, try to FIX IT !! I want him to spam skills not to charge.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 12:22pm

Well no more 1 shot Sardo mobs, or even RT mobs if average gear :D
So if on SC Pet hited let say 600k then -20% its 480k that quit alot nerf. And chiron realy shined in lower inis and failed abit on AC+ cause of dodge on boses.

R/s will be on Top scruts again :(

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 12:29pm

According to me chiron damage was too high, especially if buffed.

So well thay may reduce his damage a bit but them :

- Let him autouse his arrows, he is the only of the 4 pet not to use skill automatically.
- Make it a bit more survivable and accurate.

Morieth

Trainee

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 12:39pm

You needed lvl 15 Lightning in order to have Thunderstorm. They did not remove TS, or change the lvl you acquire it, they simply removed the precondition of Lightning to lvl 15 in order to be able to use Thunderstorm.
The voices made me do it...42.
Mage/Druid/Rogue/Warrior/Warden/Scout 99/99/Ummm/99/82/something low

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 2:18pm

Quoted from "Morieth;4581932"

You needed lvl 15 Lightning in order to have Thunderstorm. They did not remove TS, or change the lvl you acquire it, they simply removed the precondition of Lightning to lvl 15 in order to be able to use Thunderstorm.

This ^^ is how I understand the fixes to these and other skills.

You still have to be at the right level, but you do not need other skills at particular levels to obtain them.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 2:58pm

Oh come on! Another nerf to wd really?... Chiron was screwed being dodged a lot in kbn hm and worldbosses, and bugged going into melee range randomly. Chiron needed to be fixed/improved to be really useful, as dont forget wd/s is pet rely combo.. and what we get instead??? A HUGE nerf of not only chiron dmg but also our own dmg? What a joke.. there is like 8 combos that overdps wd/s with same gear and we get this haha, what is next? wd getting 1 patt per str or maybe .. dunno, remove briar or make briar heal the enemy?..
Skarxah WD/S W/WD.. former Skarxa W/R K/R hehe :) Astral forever :)
Here since Beta, all damn inis cleared in all modes and still thinking that Origin 2nd was the best boss of all :P

Wednesday, March 20th 2013, 9:42am

Quoted from "skarxa;4582718"

Oh come on! Another nerf to wd really?... Chiron was screwed being dodged a lot in kbn hm and worldbosses, and bugged going into melee range randomly. Chiron needed to be fixed/improved to be really useful, as dont forget wd/s is pet rely combo.. and what we get instead??? A HUGE nerf of not only chiron dmg but also our own dmg? What a joke.. there is like 8 combos that overdps wd/s with same gear and we get this haha, what is next? wd getting 1 patt per str or maybe .. dunno, remove briar or make briar heal the enemy?..

I currently play solo with my ant since chiron is so stupid. It's the only pet that do not use his abilities. In group i still pop the beast out but monitoring him is truly annoying.

The nerf on chrion would be ok it was coming with a fix enabling it to actually fight from range as intented.

Thursday, April 4th 2013, 2:39pm

wanted to know maybe someone found why Chirons hits on boses got dodged?
Not cool when from 50 shoots on boses 28 is hits 22 dodges.
If devs nerfed his dmg then they could fix this. As i read in other forums, dex wont help. ANd chiron hits get dodged sometimes even boss is 20 lvl below him.

Friday, April 12th 2013, 1:04pm

Nothing helps with chiron getting dodged, just lvl up.. Yeah, combo is fuked up atm, after 3 nerf in barely 2 months
Here since Beta, all damn inis cleared in all modes and still thinking that Origin 2nd was the best boss of all :P

Friday, April 12th 2013, 9:32pm

y now i feel kinda usles with that pet. only point use it on boses cause it gives me atack speed with 70 lvl elite.

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 4:02am

Anyone got dogde in Rt?
Cause my pet Chiron got dogde on 4 RT boses. This must stop.
im lvl 77 boss is 60 -61 lvl and dodged wtf
Why devs made pet so ussles, point of wd/s if pet is so sucky.
Pleas tell us how to fix it or patch !!!

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 9:16am

IMO chiron was freaking OP!!! He could easily one shot 300k def chars in pvp!!! now atleast in pvp other classes got some chance against a wd/s......
The things which matter the most are the ones which you choose to believe
[img][/img]

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 11:50am

Tbh after nerf i avoid every situation where i need to use Chiron. SW's playing with Oak always and even in instance using other pets whenever i have chance. All that hype about Chiron missing was funny to me because my Chiron was like best dps in every party. After nerf i fall in same problems and just now i realize how hard it was for most of people. Before nerf on every boss fight longer than 1min my Chiron could do 2 to 3 times more damage than me, now he barely do 20-25% of my damage.

On some bosses he still do some nice damage, but biggest pdeff of boss is - he's less and less accurate. I did some tests with different values of patk on Chiron and tryed to match his patk with boss pdeff and also to play with less and more. Most important moment in research was frenzy mode of some bosses when pdeff of them goes like 100-500% up and in that situations Chiron can't hit almost at all. Ofc, is possible that frenzy mode don't rise pdeff and patk of boss only so my theory fall in water, but if is only deff/ att related, then clearly Chiron accuracy is only connected to his patk.

I worked on maximizing DPS of me as player (without counting pet damage) and before nerf i got that 25% attack speed all time stacked on me and that resulted in really nice DPS, but now with all those missing i barely ever have attack speed bonus on any serious boss. Problems appeared also on mobs even in easy modes where Chiron started to miss. Overall, Chiron nerf affected not only pet dps but warden dps also. Did tests with Oak Walker and i can make more damage with Walker summoned than Chiron and difference between Chiron and Walkers damage is not that huge as before.

Rolling Spirit of the Oak boost whole party damage due to Punch effect - so one more thing that seems tempting now... Didn't have any changes on me after nerf (negative ones) and i have more everything than i had back then - but Chiron became almost unplayable and after long tests i can't guarantee at all that Chiron is best pet for Wd/Sc or party. In last days only time when he looks like good old Chiron is times when i have luck to grab sigil and bunch of others non standard patk buffs and sadly don't have time, patience nor luck to get that always. So, correct me if i'm wrong but i'll say (with lot of faith in that statement) that Chirons misses are connected only to his patk (i'm giving up from my old idea about high weapon skill - simply 'cause my weapon skill didn't go down from that time ;) ) and only way to avoid misses is to ensure him insane ammount of patk at summoning time. Bad thing is - now you rely on luck, party members buffs and bunch of other factors.

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 1:36pm

Really doubt that is related to patt, would make no sense first of all :P Also even sigil-summoned chiron's fail that much (tested with more like 300k patt) so is more likely to be a fixed value only level dependent.
And yes chiron is annyoning nowadays, besides the nerf and the dodge issue, he goes melee most of the time so we have to waste lot of time microing it XD.

Anyways, just an advice, put him on melee mode on bosses, he doesnt fail his white hits and will be still higher than any other pet, sad but true.

onetrickst3r

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 5:20pm

There is no logic in nothing about this pet, but only thing i know is that he became almost useless compared to what he was and damage nerf part don't bother me at all 'cause he had more damage than any other class so i can say he was OP... But other things concerns me now, 'cause i can't even buff him correctly with Valiant 'cause he can't hit bloody non elite mob sometimes and not to speak about elites. Doing all same as always, nothing changed... Nerf was fair decision, but i'm affraid that whole Chiron system needs to be reworked 'cause with time he's beggining to be lame... And without any obvious reason...

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 8:04pm

Warden/scoute was all but chiron. I remmebr i started to play this combo only cause of chiron. Was so ecited when i got that elite. Now it makes me feel to change classs. (curently thinking of ch/r only need weapon)

All elite lvl 60 nd 70 based on chiron he is nerfed so what point on those elites. ? SO wd/s is class without 3x elites if we dont use pet?
Same as onetrick faught same frienzied boss where pets shoots dodged like 21 in arow. So ridiculus. 21 shoots cant hit boss muuhaha. Yea and with valiant shot is same when y dont know you will hit or not for resumon buff.

Kinda agree on that now dodge is lvl based or def based too maybe.

Devs please fix wd/s pet or remove it and give normal elites like for all claases.

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 6:00pm

Seems Chiron pet still dodge isuses?? Anyone already tested it?
I just saw he got dodge from mob so seems same shi....

k reseted skills maxed chiron shoot, that crit and dodge skill and beast tamer. went in bedim easy b1 and i see there is still dodge.
As i said they didnit fix anything on chiron.

K for those who dont know. On wd/s pet buff staks but only on chiron.
LIke oak+chiron or walker+chiron when y sumon chiron after oak def buff stays dont work with other pet combos.
Like oak+walker def goes away.