You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 29th 2013, 8:54pm

R/M Combo

Hi,

Can someone tell me what is the best combo of Rouge/Mage?

Now I'm using:

Combo Throw > Shadowstaw > Premeditation > Low Blow > Wound Attack > Combo Throw > Spam Low Blow until Combo Throw is available / if energy is lower than 30 then Throw

?

Monday, April 29th 2013, 10:43pm

im not playing r/m but i do play rogue, and im 100% confused as to how and why you use premeditation after combo throw and shadowstab, i know r/m has elite to use it in combat but im still confused as to why you would do it there :D
Cenre - 82/77/70 r/s/m
Alissya - 82/70/70 m/wd/w
yolo

Monday, April 29th 2013, 10:57pm

1. You've forgot about R/M's elites.
2. Use Throw as early and as often as you can, becauese this skill has no global cooldown. There is no sense in waiting until you run out of energy.
3. Using combo throw on boss fights is controversial IMO. It does pretty good dps, but AFAIK when you are casting a skill then you don't use normal attacks, so you also loose some dps. You should test it yourself.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 12:27am

@Cenre, I'm using premeditaion for low blow, because low blow has highest dps.

@WujekLenin,
1. Which elites? Enlivened Blades?
2. Ok, thx.
3. I have to test this on kbn:h :)

Galenwaithien

Intermediate

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 2:01am

Quoted from "TissaiaU;4627346"

@Cenre, I'm using premeditaion for low blow, because low blow has highest dps.

@WujekLenin,
1. Which elites? Enlivened Blades?
2. Ok, thx.
3. I have to test this on kbn:h :)

then you should use it on wound attack.

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 3:16am

Wound Attack is a 3 hit skill.
If you use premeditation just before it, premed will only affect first hit.
So Premed+low blow is better then premed + wound attack.

But on boss fights it doesn't matter, because premed makes 1 sec global cooldown.
During that 1 sec you will probably hit boss with normal attack or enchanted throw or vengence sting, and it will use that premed buff.

achilleas1

Intermediate

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 10:07am

It seems that the majority of the replies r from ppl that are not aware of the r/m combo. Lets put things straight:

After fights your scruti should look like this:
Combo Throw: 30-40%
Wound Attack: 30-40%
Rest skills: 20-40% (altogether)

If not, then u r doing something wrong.

ComboThrow: Is 4 hits in 1.5sec interval. Yes, u cant use any other skill while "channeling" and u cant white-hit, but in these 1.5secs u lose 2 white hits + 2 enchanted throws which r alot less dps that the 4-hits of combo throw. Use CT whenever is up, followed by Throw. Is your most hard hitting skill along with WA.

Wound Attack: Use whenever is up, guaranteed the 2 required bleeds for 3-hit. Always save energy for it. Your best skill along with CT.

Shadowstab: Usually u skip it. Use only if u solo/duo for bleed or if missing r/ or /r in party. If enough SS-ers, just skip it and leech their bleeds

Low Blow: Use only if energy greater than 65 so u have save the required energy for WA. NEVER spam.

Premeditation: Use only for WA and only at burst. Usually, while u run to boss u do: CT-T-(i assume someone has already SS'ed, else SS)-LB-(step back away at >80 range)-Premed-WA. Also, Premeditation applies to all 3 hits, so u have 3 guaranteed boosted crits.

Enlivered Blade: Use only at trash clearing, never at boss, except if adds around.

Rain of Day: Use as filler. No energy used, but trash dmg.

Interrupts: USE them when needed. Both (i dont count the 3rd SP ofc since u have better ways to spend 50 energy).

(Modify at ur own will according to cooldowns and pots used. Giving just a general idea.)
Standard rotation (solo/duo): CT(pulling)-T-SS-LB-WA-CT-T-DoR-(gap)-CT-T-SS-LB-WA etc
Raid fights: CT-T(while running)-Prem-WA(assuming already others have set the required bleeds)-DoR-CT-T-LB-WA etc

In general, r/m is a consistent-dmg combo, not burst, and also awesome at trash fights (CT and Enlivered Blade). Yes, it has unwanted gaps in the rotation, but thats the price and u knew it before u roll the combo. Use the gaps for interrupts if needed. Also always ensure white hits range. And try carry the 100 energy pots with u, may find them useful.

Fineas R77/S77/M50 - Macantacht/EU

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 12:19pm

Thanks a lot!

I have one more question:
@achilleas1, U have mage 50lvl, so u don't have 70lvl elite skill. Are u making better dmg as R/M on bossfights than R - S/WD in kbnh without this 70lvl elite?

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 5:32pm

Quoted from "achilleas1;4627610"

... Premeditation applies to all 3 hits, so u have 3 guaranteed boosted crits.

That is correct. I was wrong about it.
I was also wrong about premed's GCD. All Rouges have GCD after premed, but R/M doesn't.

Inferiority

Knight of Taborea

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 7:41pm

Quoted from "WujekLenin;4628174"

All Rouges have GCD after premed...

Other colors are also available.
Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!
Warrior/Rogue (and millions of alts) on Aurora & Agenor // Mage/Priest on Erebos
http://romhiddenquests.ml // RoM Client & Patches Manual Download
Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

Mockingjay

Beginner

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 10:15pm

After fights your scruti should look like this:
Combo Throw: 30-40%
Wound Attack: 30-40%
Rest skills: 20-40% (altogether)

nah, scruti now should be look like:
Enhanced throw: 70%
and others skills 30%

Masazuka

Professional

Saturday, January 17th 2015, 10:49pm

r/m is not rly an op combo, just ppl with crazy patt and weapons makes it look op, kinda same for most so called op combos
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 1:56am

r/m is not rly an op combo, just ppl with crazy patt and weapons makes it look op, kinda same for most so called op combos

r/m is one of those 5 (or6) OP classes but it's not the best one from those.
One man's lies are another man's truth

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 3:44am

you're right, its not the best but its easy dps.

Masazuka

Professional

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 11:50am

ohh look the trolls are out..

r/m buff up spam attack, combo, rogue rota, w/m spam attack stack the thingy, w/wd buff spam CC, wd/w buff spam CC, m/w buff up spam flame ... pick the easy one... ofc for some this is too difficult and use dyice

and yeah i know some *hand signs* also
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 1:56pm

Let's just say the majority disagrees. No need for troll posts.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 2:26pm

If you're using combo throw for r/m I don't think you will br outdpsing many people. And lol, you really don't know any classes clearly. Go play w/wd and wd/w. Talk about it over a forum sure, have you even played the class? No I don't think so. Its far from CC spam. The only thing I even agree with on your entire post is about m/w flame.

Masazuka

Professional

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 3:10pm

yup i did play and i know the classes, but i might not know some combos... dont talk to me like you are all knowing about everything and fyi combo throw can be used at some bosses and even mobs... now talking about opness when you say a combo is op that means is op in pve and pvp, r/m op in pve with crazy patt and weapon (ironblood makes alot more combos look op), pvp ? nop not rly op.

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 3:33pm

Yup cause combo throw hitting 150-200k each isn't op in pvp :thumbsup: well I can say I know every combo, doesn't mean I can play it good. but its fine, its one thing to play a combo in normal but in endgame pretty confident you don't have a clue on anything.

Masazuka

Professional

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 3:57pm

hmm i had no idea hm got other bosses than nm and here i thought hm its the same as nm and easy tactic wise and % hits only diference in hm is that boss got more hp and p/mdef... to all that read forum if you dont do endgame stuff you know jack*** about the combo you play or combos

yeah i can hit same as r/k in pvp on non buffed players.