You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 5:04pm

Please stick to discussing the topic at hand as opposed to each others level of knowledge.

Not only does it make me a sad panda, but ad hominem attacks are logical fallacies. And we don't want any of them here, do we?

Character transfer between servers is not possible.

Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success.

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 9:03pm

Not only does it make me a sad panda

arent you a cactus? :P

Sunday, January 18th 2015, 10:20pm

I am many things. A shark, a tiger, a cactus but mostly now I am off-topic.

Let's just keep to R/M for now. There is always an off-topic section to while away the long winter evenings with nonsense.

larcera

Trainee

Monday, January 19th 2015, 4:40pm

Just to Dispell a few (what seem like) common misconceptions here. And since I seem to be the only person who actually plays r/m both in pve and pvp, who has replied to this post.
1. Your scrut should be 60-70% ENCHANTED THROW (Not combo throw)
2. You should not use premed in the middle of a fight, since it will likely proc on the 70 aoe elite, and be worth nothing. It is also 20 energy that is better spent on a low blow spam.
3. Your rotation should be as follows:
if you are a solo rogue:

ss-throw-lb-wa-lb-lb- Throw - energy pot - wa - ss - lb - wa - wait throw/wa - ss - lb - wa

if you can leech bleeds:

check bleeds, apply if necesary, then
wa - throw - lb - lb -energy pot - wa - lb - lb - wa - throw - low blow - wa - throw - low blow - wa

Essentially spamming low blow as much as possible, while making sure WA gets used whenever it is up.
"Game moderators are like the police. They're always gonna catch you doing something wrong, but can never help out when something wrong is done to you" - yoda

Retired until further notice

Monday, January 19th 2015, 6:28pm

3. Your rotation should be as follows:

if you are a solo rogue:

ss-throw-lb-wa-lb-lb- Throw - energy pot - wa - ss - lb - wa - wait throw/wa - ss - lb - wa

if you can leech bleeds:

check bleeds, apply if necesary, then

wa - throw - lb - lb -energy pot - wa - lb - lb - wa - throw - low blow - wa - throw - low blow - wa

Essentially spamming low blow as much as possible, while making sure WA gets used whenever it is up.

Why you are not using Blind Spot?

Mockingjay

Beginner

Monday, January 19th 2015, 9:37pm

So, combo throw is a crep skill ? :O

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 3:08am

Not sure if you can understand English if it's being said, but I have made 2 videos on how I play rogue/mage

(bleedingblak pewpewkittens us-artemis r/m)

^_________________________________^

Mockingjay

Beginner

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 4:46am

Not sure if you can understand English if it's being said, but I have made 2 videos on how I play rogue/mage

im thinking you are blind, coz Larcera saying, he not using ct, so if not using- its crep skill. But thanks for videos :)

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 7:39am

The guide that Larcera put together is the only guide you should follow as R/M..

Few key points that I want to emphasize on are:

- your most important skill to Max is Throw and Speed attack (make sure these are always maxed out first)

- Never use Combo Throw in a boss fight if you are in range for enchanted throw as it will interrupt Enchanted throw (and will kill your DPS). only use it on trash or when you are hitting the boss from range (which should be rare)

- Always make sure there are 2 bleeds on the boss before using WA.. Always use WA as soon as its available.

- get familiarized with energy pots and universal pots to maximize your DPS

@Mockingjay using ShadowStab vs Blind Spot is a big discussion in the rouge world. many players have different opinions on it.. I have used both and I feel much more comfortable with SS and I get to have more white hits with SS.. However other players prefer BS and they make more DPS with it.

Mockingjay

Beginner

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 4:34pm

tnx for advance :)

larcera

Trainee

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 4:49pm

These videos are actually a great learning tool, I've watched them and agree with everything. Bleedingblak is a great rogue, I watch allot of his vids and he knows what he's doing!

I tend to use low blow more than ss or blindpsot for a few reasons,
1. convenience! I dont have to be behind the boss for ss, also the bleed on ss lasts a few seconds longer.
2. TP if you arent yet maxed out for talent points then chances are you wont have maxed blindspot yet.

combo throw is a great skill, just don't use it in a boss burn. I use it mostly on mobs when I need to avoid close range aoe and stuff.
"Game moderators are like the police. They're always gonna catch you doing something wrong, but can never help out when something wrong is done to you" - yoda

Retired until further notice

Mockingjay

Beginner

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 6:39pm

It seems that the majority of the replies r from ppl that are not aware of the r/m combo. Lets put things straight:

After fights your scruti should look like this:
Combo Throw: 30-40%
Wound Attack: 30-40%
Rest skills: 20-40% (altogether)

If not, then u r doing something wrong.

Fineas R77/S77/M50 - Macantacht/EU
i look up on this post and maxed ct, and now no tp for lb and wa X(

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 7:23pm

you should have recieved one free reset stone from now.. i suggest get really familiarized with the char then use it for your final tp distribution..

good luck mate..

Tuesday, January 20th 2015, 10:06pm

I have an addon called whitehitcounter. Combo throw is only effective if you are white striking less than 4 times in 1.5 seconds (which seems to be after IBD and Stim are done).

TP should be prioritized as dien said. Throw.

Max throw first. Level attack speed high, but it isn't necessary to have it maxed. Wound attack is pretty close second. After these skills, I tend to tell people to put tp into Illusion Blade dance (maxes at 50) low blow (because the potential to use this skill constantly is higher than using shadowstab/blind spot) and then blind spot. [ DO NOT LEVEL ENLIVENED BLADE OR DAY OF RAIN IF YOU ARE LOW ON TP]

That's the simplest I can put it, but if you max throw and illusion blade dance, TP preference can be done multiple ways.

Also, I don't think combo throw is a 'crep skill' (does that mean bad..?). Combo throw is used in certain situations. If you have no active speed attack buffs, combo throw is far superior than just white striking for enchanted throws.

^_________________________________^

achilleas1

Intermediate

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 11:28am

nah, scruti now should be look like:
Enhanced throw: 70%
and others skills 30%

on 30 april 2013 that mypost was written the proper scruti was:

think twice be4 u quote

Mockingjay

Beginner

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 6:56pm

nah, scruti now should be look like:
Enhanced throw: 70%
and others skills 30%

on 30 april 2013 that mypost was written the proper scruti was:

think twice be4 u quote
dunno, what you mean, but im only wanted to campare scrutis

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 7:36pm

I believe what Finn is saying is that his statement was a normative statement, i.e., that the scrutinizer should look like that, not that it does.

Though I could be wrong...

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 8:34pm

the post quoted was last year in april, when the perception on r/m WAS different, thats what he meant.

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 9:31pm

My bad then :D

achilleas1

Intermediate

Sunday, January 25th 2015, 10:04am

on April 2013, Enchanted Throw was doing 50% dps dmg with every white hit, no matter what was ur Throw-skill-level. This resulted in being wiser to use Combo Throw instead of simply white hitting. Hence, the optimum playstyle was to use WA-rotation and fill with CT whenever up. This is the reason why a proper scruti should consist of 40% CT-dmg.

Someday mid-2014, undocumentedly, ET was changed to do Throw-dmg according to skill lvl, that is 300+% dps. This change made the utilization of CT during burn fights obsolete and, as is now, the optimum rotation is just WA-rotation and then simply white-hit watching ur keyboard.

In conclusion, my guide/statement was the optimum one at the time that the post was written.