You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 12th 2013, 3:35am

CH/R - What's its DPS?

First of all, Hello.

I saw some videos on youtube about CH/R's, most of them by Mizzeto.
I see it's a good DPS and even while on Shield Form.
But what i want to know is how is CH/R DPS without Shield Form? Anyone has a video of it, or will upload a video of it?
Also, which class's can CH/R be better on DPS?

Thank you very much.
Waiting for answers.

Monday, August 12th 2013, 3:04pm

Ch/R is great dps outside of the shield form as well, just rune pulse won't occure so often.
No, I can't upload video, cos I am lazy to make one.
Ch/R can be better than any other class, if you can get better gear than the others :D

With equal gear Ch/R should be able to outdps any scout, mage (in long fights), most of rogues (r/wd and r/m are still better), most of warriors (w/wd will most probably win), and no idea about wd/s since I don't know them that good.

All this goes for champion with level 70 elite ofc
:shit:

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 4:01am

Ch/R is great dps outside of the shield form as well, just rune pulse won't occure so often.
Ch/R can be better than any other class, if you can get better gear than the others :D

With equal gear Ch/R should be able to outdps any scout, mage (in long fights), most of rogues (r/wd and r/m are still better), most of warriors (w/wd will most probably win), and no idea about wd/s since I don't know them that good.

I see. Thanks for the information :)
Also, anyone is going to ever upload a video of CH/R DPS without shield form? Thanks. :P

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 9:24am

Most (i can say all, but dont wanna) of our Ch/r are tanking.. hence shield form, hence no vid :)
Skill before Gear = Ini is clear !!! Gear before Skill = the end is near !!!
Wd/S, Wd/W, W/Wd - Illsitir

achilleas1

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 11:44am

ch/r dps mainly is based on
- very often resets of rune pulse
- SS doing x1.5 dmg
- filler throw
- rune overload if u r safe on rage (but with death arrives is fine as long as it lasts)

the problem in its dps-side is that u r not so much "safe-on-rage" for rune overload, and that rune pulse resets about half the time if not in shield form (experimental).

however, if u have kept shield form at +0, u can have
- 110% pdef boost
- almost infinite rune pulse spam due to often rune pulse reset
- no patt loss due to minimal str-to-sta conversion

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 2:55pm

Just a small correction, Throw is not a filler, it is a must be on cd skill for dps ch/r.

Rune Overload, I have problems only if I need to run away from boss (Beth 5th, etc) but at those bosses every melee class looses dps.

Also I would say the main reason why Ch/R is good dps is its patt buffs. Having a 150k patt or 300k patt is a hudge difference.

Also the trick with shield form at 0 is nice for pure dps ch/r, but I really hope Rune Pulse will be fixed soon and the aggro modifier will be added :).

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 3:48pm

ch/r dps mainly is based on
- very often resets of rune pulse
- SS doing x1.5 dmg
- filler throw
- rune overload if u r safe on rage (but with death arrives is fine as long as it lasts)

the problem in its dps-side is that u r not so much "safe-on-rage" for rune overload, and that rune pulse resets about half the time if not in shield form (experimental).

however, if u have kept shield form at +0, u can have
- 110% pdef boost
- almost infinite rune pulse spam due to often rune pulse reset
- no patt loss due to minimal str-to-sta conversion

Well nice tip you said there, but problem is, i allready have it leveled up :P
And also, i would need it if i go for tank aswell with other class combo.

achilleas1

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 5:31pm

as for throw, yes indeed. by the term "filler", i mean that use throw as fill in-between gcds, whenever up since no trigger gcd
and yes, that shield form +0 is very very nice ;) even at +10-20, u can still tank and dps at same time. just have a skill reset in mind, u may want to try it

u see, the main boost u get from shield form is the more-than-double defense, plus the availability of certain skills. this is pure BOOST
the str-2-sta conversion, i d call it SACRIFICE, thats why i m not fun of lvling it up.

Tuesday, August 13th 2013, 6:04pm

The statement of tanking without shield form maxed is highly gear dependent.
For me shield form is 13k stamina = almost 75k hp and 70k pdef if I am counting it right, numbers may not be absolutely correct, did just fast calculation.
If everything is going smoothly, I am able to tank without those extra 13k stam, but in the case one healer goes down (dead, crash) it will be quite tricky for me.

Since I am main tank in guild I prefer to have shield form maxed, and tank gear for tanking (aoth set ftw), neutral pieces of equipment (4xstr/stam, 2xstr/patt) and dps gear. For now I finished just 3 pieces of acc and cape for dps, but the difference is 58k vs 76k patt ub.

But my oppinion is highly shifted by the fact that I am tank in the first place, and than dps.

Also many champion skills were ninja fixed in the past, and Rune Pulse can get its aggro modifier anytime ;)

Monday, October 14th 2013, 3:23am

Well im kinda disappointed in ch/r.

80k paatk ub buffed till like 170k + maybe and i cant even normally burn kbne solo. Agues its me that sucks only.
K b1 np. b2 tricky and b3. but b4... Well i dont have any macro for dps or DIY maybe that problem.

Have catros.. surv 2h axe t9+16 and shadowstab dont hit for 200k+wtf even its 77 lvl. So i need t11 maybe then?
max ihave hit with rune pulse 500k in dod maybe bit more lol thats is nothing.

So reroll from wd/s to ch/r was not so good idea. WD/s could solo easy. Solo Rt even silver.. wtf i cant do this on champ.
So if i have paatk then i luck dmg...

Only where ch/r is pro is toshe powervleveling monster. i Cant powerlevel with wd/s. This is only+ for this combo.

in Beth norm i can be competitive with normal rogue but im not even close to w/wd. ofc Warrior gear is pro, still with such paatk..

Monday, October 14th 2013, 9:27am

i have seen a ch/r out dps a w/wd easily, sadly i dont play this class so i cant offer feedback other then gl :D
Cenre - 82/77/70 r/s/m
Alissya - 82/70/70 m/wd/w
yolo

Monday, October 14th 2013, 5:10pm

Skruve04: ch/r is not a "burst" dps so you can't really expect high burst damage. Its more like sustained damage dealer.

1) ch/r true strenght is in end game hm instances where is can benefit from the uber patt (400k+ in burst is not that hard to obtain)
2) ch/r is nothing extra in low defense instances, especially if you are not using pdmg food (1.5kk dps is still kinda cap for my champion and I can't pull out more)
3) are you saying you are using AXE on your ch/r? That is like using 1-h weapon on warden. Its just pure nonsense.
4) Shadow stab hits 2x per hit, are you counting both ticks? If so, that its the exe problem, since my ss hits for 280k+160k (ub on barrier in malatina)
5) My rune Pulse crit up to 1.3kk :)

RT Bronze can be soloed without short cd pots, music and sw title skills, so Silver should not be a problem at all. For soloing stuff I recomend to use shield form, since you have more than enough patt anyway. I personaly found soloing in shield form much easier than outside of shield.

Haven't seen comparable geared wd/s for ages, so can't compare with this class. But from Beth hm runs I can tell:

r/m>m/w>w/wd>r/ch>(everything else) in the case of fast runs and m/w>r/m>ch/r>w/wd>(everything else) for slow runs.

Note that the order is based on Beth with "unfair" mdef of the bosses. Last time I was farming kbn hm 1st I have no problem to outdps w/m there (talking about the phase before first mobs came ofc. Once mobs start to spawn, ch/r is ultimate king of scrut)

Monday, October 14th 2013, 10:51pm

Im using 2h hamer with crit t9 +16. oFc i know ss hits 2x. But still i dont see big numbers..
How y can crit 1.5kk O_O with rune pulse?
So y have t11 weapon?

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 8:17am

I have t10 weapon, and 1.3kk Rune Pulse is full buffed in raid.

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 10:07am

@Skruve04,
I started playing Ch/R only about 2 month ago (was playing
K/W/S before) so my build is still quite far from endgame, but I will
post my patt numbers to give you a better idea of what you get ...

Here are the values I get atm:

Source code

Base Patt                  	79806
House Maid           	+5902  	85708
Pet                    	+5768 	91476
Wedding Food 1        	+2762  	94238
Wedding Food 2  	+618   	94856
Desert lvl 80     	+21985 	116841
Hero Pot            	+7251 	124092
lvl 70 elite         	+62046 	186138
DPS form         	+61621 	247759
Skill set WA     	+49552 	297311
Runic Growth    	+25866 	323177
Forge x5           	+24776 	347953
Warlock buff        	+1854 	349807

So
... ~350k patt is the most I get at the moment full buffed. In reality
it takes a while to stack forge x5, so the WA skill already expires
around the time I get it. As a result, I get ~300k patt during the whole
fight.

Keep in mind half of my gear is lvl 70 - stated for a
Warrior and the other half is lvl 77-80, moved from my Knight (sta/hp,
sta/deff, no str at all).
The weapon I use is a t11 2h hammer lvl80.

Re
solo runs, RT125% is not a problem at all and takes around 15 min (in
lvl50 shield form, where I get 280k+ HP, 450k+ deff and 120k+ patt).

Hope that helps ;)

-
-= Cath =-
--- TurksPower ---
Hayabuzza Ch/R

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 12:42pm

WTB edit button...

pkkozza: you are missing there priest aa and d/w buff (which stack for champion if they are casted once elite is on)

Skruve04: check the link for some videos. ch/r there can crit much higher with Rune pulse than I can :D. Also he is soloing gc hm 1st ;)

http://board.us.runesofmagic.com/board27…ual-wield-ch-r/

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 1:10pm

yep, the edit button would be handy ...

are you sure the buff from priest or druid works on Champ ?
It does not work on me ... or other Champs on our Polish server afaik ... Did not test it recently, but there even is a bug report re this on our forum ;]

-
-= Cath =-
--- TurksPower ---
Hayabuzza Ch/R

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 4:05pm

Tested only on Siochain, but priest aa and d/w buff is working on champion since the begining.

Once the lvl 70 elite was introduced things got tricky tho.

1) if you get patt buff before you turn on lvl 70 elite, patt buff is canceled.

2) if you turn on elite before patt than you will get a "immune" message and the buff is not shown in the buff list, but on your char screen you can see the increase in patt. And since the game thinks you don't have the buff, you can obtain bonus from priest and druid at the same time (so 2x patt buff + dmg buff)

If you buff elite before patt, than turn off elite and turn on again (tanking tricky boss) you will get all the bonuses (elite, aa, d/w).

Timer for priest and druid buffs is running as usual and you will lose the bonus once time of buff is over.

I hope this will never get fixed and priest and druid buff icon will never ever be shown since as a tank I usually exceed the 40 buffs limit which force me to tank without some buffs (no zodiac, no house maid, no wedding buffs... )

Tuesday, October 15th 2013, 4:17pm

hah, good tip ...
I will test it once I get back home after work :)

Could always use some extra patt ;)

Hope the deff skill from RT will be fixed as well - unless you have some good tips to share re this as well :P

-
-= Cath =-
--- TurksPower ---
Hayabuzza Ch/R

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 2:05am

How about weapon runes? Seems runes improve dps alot?
Similar gear for 2x ch/r in hos run. one leveled shield form other not.
First one crits rune pulse for 600k other 900k.
Seems asoon y lvl shield your dmg goes down alot even its so low ini that only weapon dmg maters.?!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests