You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 6:02pm

R/K 70-elite

What exactly is the 70-elite for R/K? I only can find it described as "Your Strike of Punishment doesn't require a shield", but without having the elite I already can use the skill without shield...
Whizz <--> Zazu

"Veel beloven en weinig geven, doet gekken en dwazen in vreugde leven..."

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 6:16pm

DISCLAIMER: i do not play r/k. just looked at the skills using an addon. hopefully some1 can come by with screenies/explanation of the actual skills.

what my addon says. i'd take it with a grain of salt though.

from what i see, instead of just making the target unable to attack(pre-elite strike of punishment), it stuns them.
CIKE - S/D/R

Sunday, May 18th 2014, 7:44pm

Yeah got same answer ingame, thanks Cike :)

Now I'm wondering if I'll get the elite. As far as I know, stuns don't work on bosses. The disabling to carry out physical attacks does seem to work on them.
Whizz <--> Zazu

achilleas1

Intermediate

Monday, May 19th 2014, 4:08am

Several patches ago, strike of punishment skill of knight-only required a shield. That is the reason the "initial" description of teh elite was it wasnt requiring shield.

After some patches, skill was changed and didnt require a shiled for anyone. That time the elite got changed to adding a stun effect on skill.

The disabling effect of original skill (is like a "physical silence") works normally on mobs and pvp. It doesnt work on bosses .. ofc . However: with the elite swapped to a stun-effect, u can use it as an "interrupt" to bosses. Its same as all stun skills that although do not stun bosses, they r used as interrupts to stop certain casts. Not to mention that in pvp the skill simply rules.

Hope it helps

Monday, May 19th 2014, 7:31am

Ok that's clear and helps indeed, thanks a lot :)
Whizz <--> Zazu

Masazuka

Professional

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 4:23pm

r/k got crap ish elite (60 and 70) compared to other combos
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 4:52pm

Yes 70 elite is ... "Crap" a stun that can only be removed by level 50 pvp gloves...

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 5:47pm

As long as the stun at least has some benefit in pve it's ok for me, already much better than the 60-70 elites for p/r lol
Whizz <--> Zazu

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 6:58pm

at least it doesn't break the combo like r/p...or is functionally useless since day 1 like s/d...

while they are not class-defining, they are in no way bad...
CIKE - S/D/R

Masazuka

Professional

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 10:52pm

i tested that 70 skill thru betho, bela and grotto and i must say it got no effect on boss but it does work on mobs... and pvp ofc:)
i might be wrong but i doubt :D
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 10:56pm

yeah doesnt seem to work on bosses, but i guess each op skill needs a flaw to? :D

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 10:05am

yeah doesnt seem to work on bosses, but i guess each op skill needs a flaw to? :D
I meant the interrupt part, like Achilleas mentioned :)
Whizz <--> Zazu

Masazuka

Professional

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 10:20am

interrupt part doesnt work on boss either

Wednesday, May 21st 2014, 3:05pm

Oh that's a bit of a shame. I'll have to settle for a nice PVP skill then I guess :)
Whizz <--> Zazu

achilleas1

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:51am

if the stun doesnt work on bosses as interrupt, i would suggest u make a bug report for that. reason is that it IS a bug since all stuns/knockdowns in game work as interrupts too afaik, apart from the standard interrupt-only-skills (eg silence, throat attack etc).
Few names: charge, shock, shock strike, rune overload (ch/w), white hit (r/m when opportunity on), blasting cyclone, shout, sou trauma, and rest i may have forgotten