You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SiS

Community Manager ES :3

• "SiS" started this thread

Friday, December 5th 2014, 2:10pm

Server Merge Discussion & Questions

As we advance on the plans and preparations for the servers merge, we want to have this thread to collect all your questions & doubts regarding it, so we can prepare an FAQ for you :)

Let's keep it centralized here, I know you had another discussion thread but I'd like to keep this one really on-topic :)

Friday, December 5th 2014, 2:38pm

Doubts: Gameforge fail even the simplest of tasks

Question: What's happening to pvp servers? Will they be moved to pve?
Question 2: Why are you only moving the active accounts from Thalia? (source )

Friday, December 5th 2014, 2:41pm

Yes, that'd be great. :thumbup:

What's being planned with Isiltir? A server merge will do us really good. Maybe with Siochain or Macantacht but I'm also open to merge with any Server. The important thing is that it is hugely important to breathe life into Isiltir.

If true, a server merge is coming, noway merge in a PVP-Server please. ;(

Do I see a light at the end of the tunnel? :rolleyes:

Friday, December 5th 2014, 2:43pm

I guess people have lots of questions to make about this topic, the first thing I would ask is if you know already which server is going to be merged with another one? and are there going to be only a merge between 2 servers or more will be merged together?

What are your plans on duplicate things between servers? like character names, guild names, house numbers and so on...

I think people are afraid of losing items and things like that so we hope everything goes smooth and no problems will arise, so I wouldn't mind if you take more time to test things out.

Arenja

Intermediate

Friday, December 5th 2014, 2:47pm

Since you say that you move active accounts: Can they decide to which server they want to go?

For example: I know a lot of people decided to play on Siochain, simply for the fact we made friends on IRC, and they dragged their friends with them too :3
....ﺲﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ ﮒﮕﭺﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ....
I can't remember, if I'm the good twin or the evil one.

Abwarten und Tee trinken ~ Und wenn das nicht hilft mit der Kanne werfen.

Yottahertz

Professional

Friday, December 5th 2014, 2:57pm

Great news! Will Siochain be merged with Ionsai?

But if one can choose then everyone's free to come over. We're still recruiting people for the endgame atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Justice shall prevail...

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:39pm

Siochain/Ionsai? No ty

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:42pm

I think that what may be important for each players remaining on dead servers is which server will be merge with. What is your definition of an active account?

Anyway thanks for taking the initiative to inform us even if i guess they are still some works in progress.
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:46pm

simple Solution for EN-Servers

Merge them all to ONE and make them to a PvP.

Armour crafting 87, Blacksmithing 87, Carpentry 87, Tailoring 87, Cooking 85, Alchemy 75

Guild "Requiem"
Smacht: a server without any activity

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:49pm

All pvp? No, you chose to go pvp server for the benefits, you CANNOT force everyone to play pvp. If you get merged to pve and you don't like it, tough luck. If I was on smacht I'd be happy with any form of merge tbh.

Spibot1111

Intermediate

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:52pm

Merge Smacht with Aontacht... that should be fine. =D

Ein ♥ an Drena für dieses wunderschöne Bild. :love:

Friday, December 5th 2014, 3:56pm

So if i have 5-6 characters on each server, let's say siochain / Isiltir, and those get merged, what will happend to my chars? get deleted or get an extended list in the startup menu? ?(
Subscribe on Youtube

Bluesonsss M/K/W 100/96/56 (Agenor) I make Runes of Magic Short films, PvP, PvE,
Commentary Gameplay, Questing + much more, check me out.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 4:10pm

Definitely good news. Even better news would be to hear that there will definitely be a future for RoM (real development and bug fixes, not just more levels and more levelled items) but even if not, a server merge will breathe life into the servers for a period of time.

Some very good questions coming up though, to summarise a few and add a few more of my own:

• Will we have a choice of what servers we want our accounts to me merged onto? Considering how hairy some parts of a server merge could be, this ought to be a relatively trivial thing to implement (but only if there are any development resources remaining for RoM).
  • Exactly what will happen with duplicate character names? I would hope that more active / characters (not necessarily accounts) would take precedence but even this could be "interesting" to formalise.
  • What will happen when we have many characters on one account across the servers being merged, how will these merge - particularly with duplicate names (many of us like to have the same name on a few servers) and "maxing out" the list of characters in the server char selection. The latter ought to be a very simple fix but again requires actual RoM development resources.
  • Could we have a list of planned server merges and intended dates. We know that dates can slip and understand that the process should be tested out on a relatively small subset first before moving to "larger" server, but an intended timeline would keep us much happier. The follow-on dates don't even have to be fixed dates, they could be relative, e.g. "one month after servers X and Y merge and any problems have been resolved, servers Z and A will merge". A schedule keeps everybody much more on side than mysterious silence.
  • What will happen with duplicate guilds names?
  • What will happen with not very active guilds, will these be copied over as well.
  • What changes will these make to the Auction House? Will this be closed and emptied prior to the merges?
  • Are there any changes planned for Siege Wars as a result?
  • After all the moves would there be an option to have a free "Character Name Change" item for everybody so they can change their character's name if they would like. These could have an expiry date on them as necessary to prevent potential "abuse".

Friday, December 5th 2014, 4:35pm

Hello to all I love Smacht and i am really happy to see that Server merge was updated with such info that's great everything goes faster then some cry kids thought :D Smacht already becomes active people hear about merge and rush on server check how is everything lvling etc :) BIG THANKS GAMEFORGE FOR AT LAST HEARING PEOPLE :) AND DOING THIS BIG STEP cheers all :)
Nothing is impossible

Masazuka

Professional

Friday, December 5th 2014, 4:54pm

i for one do not want merge with DE side ... for example sw time, i do not want some sw time be dictated upon me or have another * we majority want poll* etc
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

RedWhite

Professional

Friday, December 5th 2014, 5:32pm

I'd like Smacht merged with Siochain apart from that I don't really care :D . It's better to merge a dead server with a populated one rather than merge 2 dead servers together because in my opinion that won't help at all in the long term and it may go back to its original state. I'm also curious on what you mean by active accounts? There's going to be a lot more people returning.

rale85

Intermediate

Friday, December 5th 2014, 5:59pm

Merging all EU servers would be fine (pve). About char duplicate names you should offer younger char with same name to make new name, think it wont be much hard or you can just put after name (SIO) (MAC) or something like that if people agrees. And i think that would be only problem ^^ I hope merge asap, because servers are really empty of end gamers, lot of em quit... :/
Ralesius S/W/R/M/K 100/100/100/70/100
Ralence Ch/W/R/WL/M/P 100/100/100/100/100/100 dwarf powa!

Friday, December 5th 2014, 6:07pm

Thanks

First thanks for the good news, servers should not be left to work or fail on their own, but managed like you plan to do now.

Can you make this an ongoing process, it seems logical to keep merging old servers and encourage truely new players to start accounts together on servers opening up, that way they will be less likely to level up alone in empty zones.

So of cause I would like a list of the mergers ( completed, definite, expeceted, proposed) with dates when known. I trust you to choose servers with similar gear levels, and economies so that players from one of the servers do not feel like second class citizens.

And why do I want to know ? I'd like to sneak onto the other server before the merge, tade a few diamonds for items that I can pass to my main char after the merge :) Of cause this will generate more activity for Game Forge too!

ps. would it be possible to merge the AH before the character merge ?

peod

Beginner

Friday, December 5th 2014, 6:10pm

I Think the best suggestion is to merge all EU PVE servers or at least Macantacht and Siochain to one and all EU PVP servers to one so you end up with only two servers.

You can also just let us only move ONE character per account to the new server for free and let us pay a smal fee for the others and get rid of like a trillion bot toons!

And my question is how you going to handle duplicate character/guild names?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "peod" (Dec 5th 2014, 6:26pm)

Friday, December 5th 2014, 6:14pm

I have a simple idea to help with names, create them on target server now, it will not fix existing clashes but it will stop new ones.