You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mokkan666

The Artist

Friday, December 5th 2014, 9:49pm

i would rather at least a couple pve servers be converted to pvp than completely remove pvp servers from the game.

Why, the PvP serves no purpose. You can have the same pvp server on any pve server, which is, guess what, NONE what so ever. This abuse of the pvpsystem to trade items is the only thing thats appealing to some. Personally i find it complete crap and the mainreason smacht died. Ever been there to look at the Auction house? how many new players wants to stick around on a server where the auction house completely lacks gear.

"OK ? now, girls. I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany? If you feel the need to vomit up there, just swallow it."

Friday, December 5th 2014, 10:12pm

if he doesnt want to be on pve server that fine, just leave his char lonely forever on smacht :D

why i´m missing a positive argument to play on a pve in ur post´s ?
I´m pretty sure that 90%+ from smacht would stay on a pvp if the merge comes. And i´m also sure that x% ppl from pve would join pvp if they know about these benefits here.
So i never walk alone. ;)

Armour crafting 87, Blacksmithing 87, Carpentry 87, Tailoring 87, Cooking 85, Alchemy 75

Guild "Requiem"
Smacht: a server without any activity

Arenja

Intermediate

Friday, December 5th 2014, 10:20pm

Totally misguides the use of pvp. Player VERSUS player.

I prefer pve, because you're supposed to work together instead of killing each other. And as for the trade: Someone ALWAYS spent money in the past for the items you get with your "free to play".
....ﺲﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ ﮒﮕﭺﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ....
I can't remember, if I'm the good twin or the evil one.

Abwarten und Tee trinken ~ Und wenn das nicht hilft mit der Kanne werfen.

Masazuka

Professional

Friday, December 5th 2014, 10:36pm

merge sio+maca+isiltir (siomacis) and move smacht back to DE (joke) but its not like for eg. sio will merge with X server, its more like smacht will merge with Y server so if the Y server is pve then ppl from smatch will have to accept it .. altho looking at the announcement it looks like more of an account copy rather than a merge
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

RedWhite

Professional

Friday, December 5th 2014, 11:11pm

if he doesnt want to be on pve server that fine, just leave his char lonely forever on smacht :D

why i´m missing a positive argument to play on a pve in ur post´s ?
I´m pretty sure that 90%+ from smacht would stay on a pvp if the merge comes. And i´m also sure that x% ppl from pve would join pvp if they know about these benefits here.
So i never walk alone. ;)
Well I much rather adapt to a PVE server where trades actually happen than nothing at all.

Friday, December 5th 2014, 11:52pm

Befor this turns into a pvp vs pve flame, pve has more dia sellers so F2P is possible, if no one bought dias there would be no abl used at gear at all, every f2p makes money in his own way be it farming endcontent or be it farming the real wanted items ingame. If its a merge u keep ur gear and u can farm what u want, prob GF will go bananas and open a new server if all alts logg and RoM is superhot in there vision by this. If ur F2p u collect ur gold and trade is possible, yes it works different then Pvp trading on pvp servers but it works on PVE servers. Sad fact is: all pvp servers are in more trouble then pve servers.
If no one is buying dias then lot of things are available anyway, +16 wouldnt be possible.
Besides Thalia cause that is a big fail in management. Lets play not runes of magic ....

1 big server would mean all active EN servers in 1 place, but then we would face the German issues like not enough worldbosses, VN drama (this could be prevented with another patch like giving all a dailly reset like hos/hodl/zs, but thats another discussion), and offc the needs for megas to share drama, omg my figure gets so bloated from popcorn... this is putting all eggs in 1 basket, not to bad imho but not perfect either without looking ahead for issues which come from this.
2 big servers like Sio + Sma and Mac + Isil isnt a bad desision either but idk if this is just giving extra time to what happens now (declining population) in the long run, but it would be good for endgame and making both servers better (Sma & Isil). And less worlddrama about serverworld spawns, but that wil be always as long as more guilds can kill stuff.
I dont have issues with a merge with germans, but this would lead to other issues (language whats legal (post a long time ago, Yrcanos can delve in archieves for a link if needed :P), though i wouldnt mind splitting german servers with EN servers either, since preferences for timed content like SW, would benefit a split also, since EN never gets a mayority against the German community. I see pro and cons in all in the end, but merges are a step back to a healthy game in the end.

Im happy to hear the nxt phase is coming, double (char/guild)names, TP, pets, items, gear, dias, (bank/vault)tabs, event pets (buffers),Magic wardrobe :love:, house. AH, crafter lvls, chars on same account (1 on each server -> how to choose which to keep, lagg cause of merge (remebers xp event ;) ) are things to point out atm

Oh lol just thought of 1 thing of 1 big server, all EN mentors getting trolled by players, no way u can say ur not on our server :phatgrin:
ah smurf (yes Sarkas and Jinx, saving the trouble), 1 GM event on 1 server......

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Saturday, December 6th 2014, 12:35am

merge sio+maca+isiltir (siomacis) and move smacht back to DE (joke) but its not like for eg. sio will merge with X server, its more like smacht will merge with Y server so if the Y server is pve then ppl from smatch will have to accept it .. altho looking at the announcement it looks like more of an account copy rather than a merge
It sounds like a character transfer to me. Tijger will have to edit his signature xD

Befor this turns into a pvp vs pve flame[...]
Good point here. We're gathering discussions about the merge and trying to answer to questions you'll might have. Keep it on topic please.

Oh lol just thought of 1 thing of 1 big server, all EN mentors getting trolled by players, no way u can say ur not on our server :phatgrin:
ah smurf (yes Sarkas and Jinx, saving the trouble), 1 GM event on 1 server......
We're all secretly playing on Thalia.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Saturday, December 6th 2014, 8:19am

wich servers are going to be merged? I would like to move my character from german server into EU? This could be possible?

Saturday, December 6th 2014, 4:39pm

I personaly would prefer PvE en in 1 server, sure its a lot people on 1 server and too few worldbosses for all etc, but making 2 servers wont change much cos i assume after a year some ppl will just quit again, and will be same story.
Also i love how ppl from other server talk about Macantacht population, really talk for server ur on instead if u have no idea whats up on others. Merging Maca with Isiltir will bring it to a Siochain population level, which is decent but still would prefer more ppl also might be cheaper solution to maintain 1 pve server for GF. Just my opinion, dont hate.

Saturday, December 6th 2014, 4:59pm

And merging siochain with smacht will keep the 2 servers a very similiar size. = best result imo.

irea

Trainee

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 1:43am

Ok, I read everything quickly and I will list below my concerns and my suggestions. Sorry if I misunderstood the idea of someone else or if I write something really absurd, my headache is not making my brain to work properly at the moment xD

1) Names:
-Most active (and evolved) players and guilds should keep the original name and not necessaryly the oldest, IMO. Many people created characters and guilds in 2009 and they are abandoned for a long long time. Maybe they will never get back to game anyway.

-Merging the servers maybe could also delete the toons and guilds who are inactive for years, making that name available even for people from same server. Ex: one of my alts was created in 2009 and back then the name I wanted was already not available, so I named her with an extra "t". Since 2009 my friends and me accidentally mail things to the inactive toon instead my alt and already since then we kept getting stuff back after 30 days. I know that merging the servers I would probably not get that name available on other server as well anyway, but... just an idea. No point on keeping the name unavailable because a toon was created over 4 years ago and never been played anymore.

-Maybe toons and guilds with same name as from the other server should get a TEMPORARY server tag on name (like Ralenab said), and after the merge, those players who are responsible for those toons and guilds should make a ticket to support to request the wanted/original name back. In case the other toon/guild who has the name is an inactive one, or a very less evolved one, or is active but doesn't bother on renaming it to something different/doesn't also request to get the original name back, the one who requested the wanted/original name wins. I think this would be best (or less worse :P ) way to solve this issue. Ok it got confusing but I believe you all understood.

-If the idea of "Rename card" would be something that the player could use and renaming the toon him/herself, I disagree with this idea. Some people could abuse this item, like trying to steal someone else's name with an alt just to harass the other (that happened on my previous game).

2) Servers:
-I don't think PVP and PVE servers should be merged. For "some reason" I chose to play in Macantacht back in 2009 and if it wasn't by the fact SW gives badges for titles, I would never step in that PVP zone, ever! But... In case it really (and I mean, REALLY) becomes unavoidable, maybe all maps should have at least 2 channels, one of them being PVE and the other PVP (just like it was on my previous game), so I can choose to never log on the PVP ones. On the way the game was built I am not sure if it is even possible, but well, just suggesting it anyway.

-I also think it would be a bad idea merging EN with German server (or with any other language).

-I also have the same concern about which EN server will be merged with which.

3)Accounts:
-I strongly disagree with the idea of someone who said that only one toon per account should be moved. Both my main toons (87/87) are on same account (and the reason for that was just because of the wardrobe!).

-In the case of EU servers, a new server will be created and all accounts will be moved there or it will be a
"copy and paste" from the less populated server to the most populated
one?

-Will we have a limited number of toons to be transfered to the other server? Many people has planters/gatherers/noobs to farm tokens and I kinda have some affection by mine :P

-Tons of questions that probably everyone has: what about the furnitures in house and guild castles? Can all relationships be kept, and at same level? What about the magic wardrobe (I don't want to lose any of the 228 skins I have in it!)? Will guilds stay at same level and built on the same way? Should we print screen all our gear and items before the merge (in case something get lost on the way)?

I think that's it for now.
Irea: Silliest P/K of Macantacht! Mage just for fun.
Julianabanana: Nab Wd/S.

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 2:32am

- Merge all PVE server in 1
- Delete all char under 50 lvl, delete all char what didnt log 2 year
[img][/img]

irea

Trainee

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 2:36am

Quoted

- Delete all char under 50 lvl
WAAAAAAAA!!! NO!!! 8|

Quoted

- delete all char what didnt log 2 year
Yey, yes! :)

Zerienga

Intermediate

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 2:53am

2) Servers:
-I don't think PVP and PVE servers should be merged. For "some reason" I chose to play in Macantacht back in 2009 and if it wasn't by the fact SW gives badges for titles, I would never step in that PVP zone, ever! But... In case it really (and I mean, REALLY) becomes unavoidable, maybe all maps should have at least 2 channels, one of them being PVE and the other PVP (just like it was on my previous game), so I can choose to never log on the PVP ones. On the way the game was built I am not sure if it is even possible, but well, just suggesting it anyway.
No, I'm pretty sure it's possible to do that. I remember on the PVE serve I play on in the US region had one day where channel 1 was turned into a pvp channel. It was chaotic xD lmao.

"- Delete all char under 50 lvl"

Hell no. So you're saying that anyone who is leveling a new character to potentially be a new main should have all their progress and any item shop items they have deleted? No thanks. And what of any new players that haven't reached lvl 50 yet? You're saying that they should have to start over? That would make them just want to quit. Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea.
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P
94/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M

Wõlfpack and Chiropterascall on US Reni Mithras

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Zerienga" (Dec 7th 2014, 4:51am)

mokkan666

The Artist

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 5:46am

-I don't think PVP and PVE servers should be merged

-I also think it would be a bad idea merging EN with German server (or with any other language).

Two fantastic quotes. So let me ask you just one question. Are you proposing they should leave Smacht as it is? You dont want us to merge with the PvE servers and you dont feel that EN servers should merge with any other language, or does that just count for the server you play on? fu** the rest aye?

Well, re-read my post from before, I think I made a pretty clear statement that PvP on smacht has been dead for a very long time now. Right now all the "pvp" that goes on is gear-trades. Let me explain how you do it, you bring your char you are selling gear from, the buyer lets you kill him around is it 5 or 6 times so your reputition drops below -30. Now you're buyer has to kill you one or two times till your gear has dropped. OK "PvP" done, goes to house, afk for about an hour or two, and then your back to good reputition and you can run along and PvE as much as you like.

The so called bonusfeatures the PvP servers were supposed to have never got fixed so they decided to leave PvP as it is.

Anyways my point is, nowadays you have good options for PvP even in PvE servers, not like it was when the game was new. You have several diffrent arenas and you can participate in siegewars. If you want some open world pvp, well hope for someone likeminded and run with the PK-mode enabled.

PvE > Pvp

That 1channel for PvP could work i suppose but that would mean GF losing money.
-------------------------------------------

Now also mentioned above, considerations about only bringing people lvl 50chars over, hell no. People got planters, gatherers and trademules they want to keep.

"OK ? now, girls. I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany? If you feel the need to vomit up there, just swallow it."

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 11:33am

Can u give some good reason why not delete char under 50 lvl?
There is trilion alts what used for daily, event or for storage, most low lvl.
If someone need alts for daily, event... can make alts again on new server.
U can lvl fast to lvl 50, and if u have some alt what is still not lvl 50, go and lvl up to lvl 50, and u will b transfered.
They can provide some XP boost 2 help ppl who like to transfer some char, what are now under 50 lvl.
I think its more important to take more care for high lvl chars, and chars what ppl play, than spent time on trilions low lvl alts.
I think mules are not problem, bcs u can again make new one in few minutes?
Suppose problem can b planters, gatherers. Must b some better solution than transfer ALL low lvl alts?
In our guild was few hundred ppl, some player have 100 chars.
I remember events, when all guild make alts to get some reward, mats ...
All that dead char will b transfered...
[img][/img]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lionacbgd" (Dec 7th 2014, 11:45am)

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 11:40am

"-I also think it would be a bad idea merging EN with German server (or with any other language). "

about that, for example some german server are alredy 3 months ahead of EN progress (water hall, earth hall, pom was cleared way earlier also), so merging EN with GER could close that gap a bit or it will just keep on increasing, germans running around with full brown gear while en side with maybe brown acessory sets.

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 1:29pm

Only apoc cleared water hall, with one other guild doing 1-3. Why merge with Germans cause en servers "suck"? If people just learnt to do tactics and stopped with this nuke malarky content might be cleared quicker I can ofc only speak for my server but I know this is the issue for us.

[I cant even... Also mind your language young man]

EDIT: Auto correct on phone sucks -.-

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Cenre" (Dec 7th 2014, 4:16pm)

irea

Trainee

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 3:19pm

Quoted

U can lvl fast to lvl 50, and if u have some alt what is still not lvl 50, go and lvl up to lvl 50, and u will b transfered.
They can provide some XP boost 2 help ppl who like to transfer some char, what are now under 50 lvl.
I
think its more important to take more care for high lvl chars, and
chars what ppl play, than spent time on trilions low lvl alts.
Suppose problem can b planters, gatherers. Must b some better solution than transfer ALL low lvl alts?
Some characters who are below level 50 have many skills that some level 87 one doesn't. Some people also have active low level characters aswell to specifically be a low level (like farming cards in low level places), and they have backpack with Item Shop items, mounts and stuff. Removing dead characters is ok IMO, independently of the level, but don't just delete any below level 50 just because they are below level 50 (especially when you really DON'T want them to be above level 50). And making 100 toons just to get event rewards is bannable, no?

-I don't think PVP and PVE servers should be merged

Two fantastic quotes. So let me ask you just one question. Are you proposing they should leave Smacht as it is? You dont want us to merge with the PvE servers and you dont feel that EN servers should merge with any other language, or does that just count for the server you play on? fu** the rest aye?

(...)

That 1channel for PvP could work i suppose but that would mean GF losing money.
Firstly... That is my opinion and I know it might not be the best solution around. Sorry if people may get offended or annoyed by that.

I know well that my wish may not happen (I believe this topic was created to GM's read player's thoughts anyway, no?) and it is not because PvP is dead at the moment in your server that means it will remain dead if all 4 EU servers get merged and become one big PvP one.

Also... By the last phrase in reply of my message on your post we can clearly see you read everything I wrote, even though you edited my message for the quote without the part where I wrote "in case it is unavoidable" and with my suggestion that could be a possible solution to this matter. You transformed my words into "two fantastic quotes" and added a "fu**' at the end of your paragraph as if it was what I really think. This was absolutely not necessary. If I really didn't care about it, I wouldn't even have suggested anything.

Being like that, I think I don't need to reply to the question you had made to me, since I already had written before on my first post in this topic a suggestion that could solve this issue and make everyone (PVP and PVE) happy. I don't know how Gameforge would lose money with it, better leave it to them.

Quoted

Quoted

Befor this turns into a pvp vs pve flame[...]
Good point here. We're gathering discussions about the merge and trying to
answer to questions you'll might have. Keep it on topic please.

Arenja

Intermediate

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 4:22pm

I think its more important to take more care for high lvl chars, and chars what ppl play, than spent time on trilions low lvl alts.

Easiest example, because right now I'm online with my lvl 34 alt. Doing level 85 cooking, which was a really hard piece of work to reach. Also this alt has a vice guild leader rank in their guild. So.
....ﺲﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ ﮒﮕﭺﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ....
I can't remember, if I'm the good twin or the evil one.

Abwarten und Tee trinken ~ Und wenn das nicht hilft mit der Kanne werfen.