You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 9:02pm

Yes the scorpion was doing 120k DoT on me -.-

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 9:44pm

Please somebody can explain to GameForge and Runewaker that lots of bosses are imposible to do if you don't nuke them??? K/W nerf is a global party nerf...

This patch has broken the game

Doctore (Guerrero 95/Mago 95/Caballero 95/Sacerdote 80/Pícaro ¿?/Explorador ¿?) - Lalegion - Ibergard

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 10:04pm

To all players who think most bosses can only be nuked: most bosses that people think need to be nuked actually don't need to be nuked, its just no-one has bothered to work out a tactic cos that actually requires more effort than learning how to nuke a boss.

For the very few where tactics really are broken, all bar maybe one (excluding any new ini) could be nuked without a K/W anyway.

Your complaints are really about wanting to be 1st to clear stuff and fast to clear stuff and not wanting to have to spend more time learning things.

You have months before the next content patch. There's no need to clear everything inside the 1st week...

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 10:08pm

grotto 4th, pom 3rd, pom 2nd, pom 1st, go dps slowly and see how many tactics are actually broken. Every boss has tactics, issue is most are unplayable, grotto first is another example, lag is so bad there its stupid, which has resorted to the nuke or die strats.

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 10:19pm

Reread what I wrote...

I said ones with broken tactics that needed the max nuke approach requiring the K/W elite for 10 sec. at lvl 92, that won't be needed for Grotto or PoM (and not sure it was needed before unless the party was low on general DDs. Other tanks are perfectly feasible in those inis...

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 10:32pm

btw, can w/s now compete with w/wd?

anyone already tested it?

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 10:36pm

To all players who think most bosses can only be nuked: most bosses that people think need to be nuked actually don't need to be nuked, its just no-one has bothered to work out a tactic cos that actually requires more effort than learning how to nuke a boss.

Muahahahahhahaha :lol:

Maybe my guild is the one that spends more weeks trying to do tactics in end game ... some bosses dont have any tactic for sure, if they have it is a crazy undoable tactic.
We learn tactics of how to do crypt 1st boss without nuke, but 2º boss seems impossible... HoE 1st and 2º is the same...

Doctore (Guerrero 95/Mago 95/Caballero 95/Sacerdote 80/Pícaro ¿?/Explorador ¿?) - Lalegion - Ibergard

Zerienga

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 10:49pm

So... who wants to see if the adds from first boss HoE can be aggroed from their original target with damage? :D Then you can use a wl/p to get past the adds. That would let you to do first boss slowly :D
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P
94/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M

Wõlfpack and Chiropterascall on US Reni Mithras

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 11:14pm

grotto ofc is always gonna be fine without, pom no way, 3rd boss is gonna need k/w still, and dont even get me started on crypt...
sidenote : 1-12+ stones in itemshop, no +16, let me guess. planning to release on gashas and wheel of misfortune? if so prepare for the rage as players leave.

taxi_rom

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 11:53pm

Thx for nerfed k/w ,thats mean all dreams broken :| maybe now scout can make 100kk in each boss :whistling:

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 11:56pm

Scout for sure will be imba in low level ini where patt doesn't matters, for the rest i'am a bit skeptical but i haven't tried yet and maybe i will be positively surprised or not (more likely)
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

ChipTM

Trainee

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 12:08am

I dont get whats the problem with patk, that was never the problem with scout, s/wd s/w can reach higher patk then rogue, and rogue is doing pretty good. Problem with scout was global cooldown, dmg formula, and the fact that scout didnt get same boost from atack speed buff compared to others clases. And didnt test on hm instance but for now scouts looks to be doing good. he got double dmg on 3 skills, blood arrow gives 90%+ dmg, plus s/wd charged chop instant again, sniped boss 1 groto easy
Chipftw

EpicLori

Master

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 12:10am

Please just quit talking about pat all the time. Yes pat is indeed a important factor, but if we truly talk about high end raids, there should be enough support to decrease the pdeff apart from your equip anyways.
Yes the patch might increase the scouts damage atm, but with every lvl up the dmg will shrink.
Thanks to the outdated dmg formula scouts benefit less from leveling their skills.
Maybe this patch was just a beginning and they´ll continue fixing the class(which I hope) otherwise we will face the same problem in some chapters( probably not that fatal like it was before the patch because of the new passives and blood arrow)

-Fix the Dmg Formula
-Scouts should benefit the same from speed buffs as other classes
-make raid runes possible for range weapons

Just some ideas for upcoming balancing(hopefully)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "EpicLori" (May 20th 2015, 12:56am)

mokkan666

The Artist

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 12:59pm

Nice start on scouts. Horrible nerf on k/w. Besides that, nothing very interesting. No +16 jewels when i checked last night, that sucks.

"OK ? now, girls. I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany? If you feel the need to vomit up there, just swallow it."

Masazuka

Professional

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 1:28pm

if k/w can still tank and hold aggro then where is the nerf? time for r/champ to shine
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 1:39pm

if k/w can still tank and hold aggro then where is the nerf? time for r/champ to shine

because k/w was needed to clear endgame content, coming from a nm mode player you might not understand, crypt hm will be impossible i think without k/w.

Masazuka

Professional

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 2:07pm

i dont understand why k/w is useless now and if k/w is useless whats the point of having tanks yes the debuff buff was great but if rw and gf knew that endgame stuff will be impossible without it they wouldnt change it right? if fights will be longer get more heals... was tosh impossible?
The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become.

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 2:23pm

tosh was a completely different time, you strat or you failed, maybe if you've been crypt hm you might actually understand just how much it is nuke or die, boss 2 and 6 was a pain with a k/w having debuff at 10 seconds, if you dont burn them before, you die because its just not possible to outheal the dots you recieve(and they're % so dont even start the whine about low hp) k/w WAS needed to clear crypt, rw and gf dont understand balance in the slightest, hence why they've completely destroyed this skill for no apparent reason. But i guess its useless to try and reason with someone who cant even begin to imagine what endgame content is like, its easy for you to say one thing, but you have no evidence in the slightest to back up your claims that endgame content will still be possible.

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 3:01pm

Well in my opinion K/W nerf was made in a idiotic way, as many guilds need debuffs to clear endgame content.

But this nerf was seen coming in a long way...

Here some opinions and suggestions about it:

->It was obvious needed because all other tanks were completely useless and lot of people were stuck with full geared tanks or forced to reroll. Just this skill made 1 more brutal class imbalance, turning various class combos virtually useless.

->In my opinion this change should have been made in the possible following ways.
- Remove the debuff part completely from this skill, and ofc leaving the Taunt skill as all other tanks. Add the debuff part to another combo, a supporter or supporter/healer, for ex p/w or d/w etc.
- Let the skill have 30 secs duration and make the dmg increase to affect only knight, this would make the skill a great aggro increaser to K/W besides the Taunt. Also add a similar debuff skill to a supporter class combo.

This nerf was needed, but obviously was made with no brains. Just hope strats are possible on bosses besides burn, and lets hope they fix the ones broken like POM Boss 3.

K/W can't be that upset other tanks need to play also, K/W is still one of the best Knight tanks around and very nice to play.
Maybe Knight class in general needs a little boost in dmg so aggro isnt such a big problem or difficulty, but Knights work in different way than WD in tanking, and i have seen Knights tanks holding aggro fine without imba gear and with OP dps in raid...
Maybe swords for knights could be revamped, with more dmg or really useful ghost stats....

As for the Scout patch i hope it can ressurrect alot of s/x combos and x/s also. And lets see if some combination will be OP.

Also fix other loved combos like W/R remove those two silly tank elites this combo has on lvl 60 and 70, just useless for a pure dps this combo is.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "pixiebabestar" (May 20th 2015, 3:17pm)

larcera

Trainee

Wednesday, May 20th 2015, 3:08pm

Pixie, not sure how much endgame you've actually done, or wether you're reading these comments.. but we aren't complaining about k/w per se, but that endgame is now impossible... you literally took 50% dps from the whole raid over 10 seconds. Maybe make it so every tank has that skill? wouldnt be a problem, but now endgame is impossible.

For those who think it's fine, go do an endgame ini like hall of earth without burn... boss 1 strat you get 20 seconds, 25 or so if you use seren. then the party wipes... hahahaahhahahah
"Game moderators are like the police. They're always gonna catch you doing something wrong, but can never help out when something wrong is done to you" - yoda

Retired until further notice