You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NoNameFound

Professional

• "NoNameFound" started this thread

Occupation: Once a gatherer... / Accidentally causing another to spend ress amulets

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 4:30pm

An option to have a peace from duel sugestions in PvE servers (at least)

I would like to have an option to have a peace from duel suggestions in PvE servers (at least).

Background: While many duel requests are legitimate, many others are not (e.g. spammed repeatedly interrupting the player and not getting a no for an answer, some of those players you don't even know) and there are times in which we don't want to get dual requests at all.

I could have suggested a permanent disabling of spamming duel request option, (or at least for some players to chose an option for themselves for a while or for long), however such would have made legitimate repeating/starting after an initial cancel a problem, (sometimes people rearrange/change their mind and try a friendly duel willingly, or simply having fast multiple friendly duels) and the definition of spamming duel suggestion might not be clear.

This idea is not refined but IMO it has its uses.

mokkan666

The Artist

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 6:47pm

Seems redundant if you ask me. A duel is harmless and if they continue you can always just ignore them or hey, i think you can move within the game!

"OK ? now, girls. I want you to concentrate. Failure is not an option. And Bethany? If you feel the need to vomit up there, just swallow it."

NoNameFound

Professional

Occupation: Once a gatherer... / Accidentally causing another to spend ress amulets

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 8:40pm

Seems redundant if you ask me. A duel is harmless and if they continue you can always just ignore them or hey, i think you can move within the game!

Ever encountered non known one making a dual suggestion? Ever encountered people you just knew now pressing the dual suggestion button? Ever encountered such at wrong time/when not liking duels, ever encountered that when extremely busy in something on game, ever encountered a repeated non stop such so you couldn't do anything beside decline decline decline to no avail?

I did. And I had also all the rest options beside the 1st two, combined with one of the two 1st options in a single (yet repeating) situation.

What I am asking is an option, only that. If it depends on me I'll probably not duel again forever.

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Sunday, July 19th 2015, 9:01pm

I can see there being a case for a "Auto Reject Duel Requests" option somewhere in the settings. Perhaps someone beat us to it and put it in an addon?

I think I'll forward this suggestion.

NoNameFound

Professional

Monday, July 20th 2015, 9:40am

OK, no problem :)

For that discussion purposes, I ask what would people lose if others have the ability to auto refuse duel? Do some want to force duel's request on those who indicated actively in the past they are not interested in that and that it bothers them, and had yet to cancel this active setting? (default of no duel acceptance should ofc be off.) I am talking on PvE servers here.

Important edit for some practical concerns: PK status. (or maybe making a duel request). Should entering this mode switches this off until chosen again with PK off? Or possibly better - is it possible to disable this setting while in a PK status, and should such be done? Or maybe even better - this setting should probably have no relation to PK status. (PK status should work for fighting between people if all sides are on it no matter of that setting) Should a duel request from one with this setting active be possible? Or should a duel request from such one cancel this setting until chosen again? (I am unsure but changing settings is problematic)? I am unsure how this should ideally work. I do think a duel should be voluntary only (and one should be able to opt out from a spam of suggestion altogether) and yet that a PK is one temporary mutual way to pick a fight, again, starting voluntarily.

And a practical question: Is it hard to add a setting? Is it practical (if not by something like an auto canceling etc by an addon)?

Personally, I sometimes stand and look idle in game while in fact I am not. In some of those situations duel suggestion may bother much. And yes, OFC I may be away but I was not speaking about that case (plus a duel suggestion while away is useless).

P.S.
What do you think on duel requests on the guard dog meat collecting zone (while the player did nothing wrong there and tried to act in a civilized way BTW.) I was later (yesterday) told it's some kid-like bad old behavior of claiming an area. (In case you wonder about the situation, my chiron accidentally attacked a dog which attacked me while I was trying politely to move on to the more dangerous area in which that player wasn't. I was assured though that that user couldn't have claimed an area and that situation made it more clear to me regarding some potential meat dog issue discussed on other thread BTW.) This had made me very uneased and thinking about those very annoying (repeating mostly) duel requests I've got in the past in Varana etc (this saying was NOT meant against friends who were nicely friendly trying to teach me to duel well or who had a friendly duel with me - willingly while I was not busy), guard dog meat area, and other areas some are even with monsters I think.

As I meant to say, I am in a term in which I don't want to have any duel and I would personally like to have an option to chose so, and think it may be useful for others.

This post has been edited 15 times, last edit by "NoNameFound" (Jul 20th 2015, 10:23am)

Monday, July 20th 2015, 10:56am

this issue could be solved if black listed players could not send duels to you.

NoNameFound

Professional

Monday, July 20th 2015, 11:02am

this issue could be solved if black listed players could not send duels to you.

Most do not "deserve" blacklist for me IMO. And will probably not end there. But this suggestion could be nice. Still, it does not help 1st time.

Arenja

Intermediate

Monday, July 20th 2015, 11:06am

I think this should be generalised to all kinds of annoying requests. A player, who is asking me for gold and doesn't understand a "no" would still spam me with trade requests. But it's still not as annoying as a duel request in the middle of nowhere.
....ﺲﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ ﮒﮕﭺﺵﻕﻻﻉﺸﺊ....
I can't remember, if I'm the good twin or the evil one.

Abwarten und Tee trinken ~ Und wenn das nicht hilft mit der Kanne werfen.

Monday, July 20th 2015, 12:19pm

Think Yrcanos hit the nail. There should be a function, to ignore spammers of duals (and yes traders).
To say it should be implemented, yes would be normal, but before that happens probally it will be bugged (new patches) or to late (hackmann) or never happens (add sugestion in this spot). So a addon would be faster and prob less buggy.

to blacklist: yes would work fine, but mine is maxed with scammers and <smurfs>, so this wont help every time
to PK: its a skill in skilltab, u can hotbar it, so no need to involve it to duel or trade options, since u can 1 hit button it by now, so players own choice ( to hotbar or even use it)

Tuesday, July 21st 2015, 12:18am

If I may be so bold as to offer a contrary opinion. In such instances as 'blacklist dodging' I agree something should be done as it circumvents an important safety feature of the game.

But I would argue the issue here is not duel requests per se, but actually players acting like jerks. And no matter what changes you make to the game, you cannot remove that feature. And stronger yet, I would posit that it should not be. This is an MMO, players are integral to its experience, including those that act like total jerks. Minimising player interaction is, imho, a bad thing. Should players be able to automatically prevent snowballs turning them into snowmen? Should the game have built in rules about what you can roll on? Should parties be only allowed to have one healer or tank combo? Should the game tell us how to behave?

That is a silly number of questions, but perhaps necessary. We should be allowed to be jerks-it makes our friendliness, fairness, helpfulness, honesty and compassion just so much more awesome because it is voluntary. Plus just every so often, you meet someone that you just want to be a jerk to - and regardless of how you do it, you'll find a way.

And if that ever crosses the line into harassment, those helpful folks at Support are your best defence against it, and they will always be, regardless of the ability to spam or not duel requests.

Character transfer between servers is not possible.

Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success.

NoNameFound

Professional

Tuesday, July 21st 2015, 12:32am

You have a point, however.

I joined a PvE server for a reason, and others did like me. I don't think it should be an integral part of PvE, to refuse a feature to block forcing duel request upon you (feature which is off by default).
It will not change playability or have any bias against people, it will just grant some people their tiny wish.

BTW, not all who act like this are jerks, some are just don't know how to behave or fail to understand it hurts/bothers the other or the situation altogether. Some are jerks, yes, but some are friendly/neutral who don't know how to behave, for real.

I (rarely) dueled before. I don't think anybody gains from forcing duel suggestions on others without being able to cancel it against their explicit will. (BTW note that nobody would benefit from dueling me, no learning, and I acknowledge self probably being the worst dueler :) and would consider auto lose over a fight sometimes, if possible, even. But that beside the point.)

Let people enjoy their game style. Not all like to do the same things or at the same time or pace. Some don't enjoy PvP or would chose to take a break from it. Various people may enjoy various activities (at various times).

P.S.
And here from the other side and a bit beside the point, but it may fit in this specific reply; Before you complain about people, if applicable and not related to any crime etc, please try to check if they intended or know what they did or meant any harm etc or are willing to try to change, if this happened not by malice. Please check if you understand the situation correctly before you complain, as well. Else, you might be harming people who never meant harm or never meant what you thought they meant. From my own experience on both sides, misunderstandings occur.

Nobody is perfect.

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "NoNameFound" (Jul 21st 2015, 12:49am)

Tuesday, July 21st 2015, 3:16am

I agree with OP that there should be an in game setting feature for duel.
RoM interface is a bit poorly designed and do need rework for other functions as well. Unfortunately the ones it does have are bugged with years, 'Party Search is always On' etc..
Back in time when there were a lot of players and the gold sellers were still around, i was using Ultimate Blacklist. It offer different options and was always recommended. I found it and reinstall it to check if still in function. You need to clean keywords which are no longer necessary, from 150 i have left 5. What i particularly like with this Addon is the possibility to set your own reply message to the person, cos i find inappropriate the system message 'refuse your invitation' when you even do not know if someone was inviting you. Also it is not interfering with the existing Black List.
Hope it will help till further solution :)
Reference post 12
Addon Ultimate Blacklist

Tuesday, July 21st 2015, 9:05am

I dimly remember that some addon (maybe Clickreduce) had a setting for refusing duels automatically.

Even if that is not the case, fixing this through an addon is probably possible, and if it is, can be achieved much sooner than going through Runewaker.

Fifio

Professional

Tuesday, July 21st 2015, 9:56am

I dimly remember that some addon (maybe Clickreduce) had a setting for refusing duels automatically.

Even if that is not the case, fixing this through an addon is probably possible, and if it is, can be achieved much sooner than going through Runewaker.

hmm you are right found http://rom.curseforge.com/addons/clickreduce/

"automatically refuse all duel-requests (for PvE-Players) "
Fifio K/W/M/P/S/R

1843 Cards, 690 Titles and 6917 Quest completed!
(All possible Moas done and please open Dwarfzone quests for us humans)
Blacksmith 100, Cook 100, Carpentry 100, Armorcraft 100 and Tailor 100
Alchemy 100 and Gatherings maxed 100
Gimme More xD

Merge came but is too late now and a new wheel :thumbdown:

NoNameFound

Professional

Tuesday, July 21st 2015, 12:09pm

Thanks. I put those in favorite for a later testing. However those are old. I hope it still works.
Initial expression's note: Note that automatic fixing might be a problem so I hope there is an option to cancel this feature.

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Wednesday, July 22nd 2015, 10:34pm

Forwarded.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers