You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 7th 2015, 6:16pm

Champion/Rogue as DPS

I don't know how to maximize my dps. I was looking for a rotation but only find this thread and he doesn't use item-set skill so it's very useless right now.

I think you have to equipo a 2 hand hammer (more damage) and:

music + food

lute, cavian sandwich, strong stimulant, potion of annihilation

start in Shield form => Rune growth => Waiting game=> Death arrives=>Rune overload.

when you are near of the boss: Clone conversion => Disassembly mode=> Disassembly step four times (Shadowstab or Throw when cooldown is on) => Ultimate destruction.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Tainos1

Trainee

Saturday, November 7th 2015, 7:46pm

Best dps is in shield form spam rune pulse + shadowstab + rune overload + improsement pulse or somthing get look right now since im not behind pc
P.s use 1h + fast dagger for white hits. White hits means rage ;)
Astral Tank :D K97/W97/P64/S50/R28
EN first morfan hm cleared
EN first HoE 1-2 (did full hoe and crypt hm)
CoK full done in easymode xD
K/W 398k hp
K/W 332k deff
K/W 47.5k sta

Zerienga

Intermediate

Saturday, November 7th 2015, 7:59pm

Actually, 2h hammer is better during burn. Higher damage and ch/r can sustain rage for a while without needing 1h/dagger. You always rune growth outside of Shield Form for the extra attack, and you will want to exit Shield Form whenever casting Rune Pulse (x10 aggro is NOT a good thing on a DPS) and you will want to use shadow step whenever possible. Order of skill strength when maxed is Rune Pulse > Shadow Stab > Fearless Blow (not counting Rune Overload since that's a background hit). If the boss is not a burn, you will want to switch to 1h/dagger after your burn buffs run out for better sustained damage.
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P
94/61/60/45/45 CH/WL/R/P/M

Wõlfpack and Chiropterascall on US Reni Mithras

Saturday, November 7th 2015, 10:51pm

So item-set skills are useless?

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 12:22am

I went like Tainos explained, 1h hammer + fast dagger.
I use shield form not levelled to increase the reset of runes pulse with the dagger. For the rest i do more or less like Zerienga explained. The goal is to spam rune pulse as much as possible by reseting it's Cd and make it instant. Just starting so i need to train, max my maid, level a decent pet, etc.
Using my Wd/w stuff stated with 6 str/patt, the dps was not imba but not lame neither. The only set skill which might be useful is the one from Sardo.
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

Zerienga

Intermediate

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 5:03am

The ISS skills aren't all useless. For example, there's the RT 50% hp to make your party immune. There's the SC 100 rage skill. There's the common ISS Energy Restore. There's also the WA ISS Clone Conversion. You can always get the ToSH ISS for a higher dodge rate.
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 9:19am

Then, tank rotation and dps rotation is the same, only one with shield form and the other one with disassembly mode?

Tainos1

Trainee

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 10:41am

No both are in shield form atleast i dps in shield form rune pulse spam ftw. Btw lixi how was your scrut as ch/r ?
Astral Tank :D K97/W97/P64/S50/R28
EN first morfan hm cleared
EN first HoE 1-2 (did full hoe and crypt hm)
CoK full done in easymode xD
K/W 398k hp
K/W 332k deff
K/W 47.5k sta

torkilsd

Professional

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 1:13pm

My rotation is: cavian, strong simultant, shieldform, clone, demo-mode, potion of annihalation, waiting game, runegrowth, death arrives, inprisonment pulse, rune overload, shadow step, after u just spam shadowstab and cast rune impulse when chain drive triggers. fearless blow and throw is optional.
Weapon is a 2h hammer tier 12, equip is pimped with 3x Strengt/attack, and 3x strength/stamina. dps is between 5kk and 10kk.
The version of a dps in shieldform isnt too useful anymore btw, rune pulse has an aggro-multiplier of 10. it can trigger with 10kk easy wich even makes with a -aggro cap of 90% 10kk aggro. noone can tank against that ^^

Zerienga

Intermediate

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 6:47pm

You can easily write a macro or ask someone to write a macro for you to circumvent that aggro multiplier. In fact, here's my macro for my ch/wl:

/run local SFFound,CDFound,c,s,d = false, false, CastSpellByName, "Shield Form", "Chain Drive" for i=1,60 do if UnitBuff("player",i) == s then SFFound = true elseif UnitBuff("player",i) == d then CDFound = true end end if SFFound and CDFound then c(s) elseif (not SFFound) and CDFound then c("Rune Pulse") elseif not SFFound and not CDFound then c(s) elseif SFFound and (not CDFound) then c("Dark Energy Strike") end

Change out Dark Energy Strike for Shadow Stab and voila. you got it for ch/r, though you need to spam the macro.
(Credits for the macro go to EinsteinTheJew. I shortened his macro for his ch/p that he gave me which used attacks that had cd's)

Note: If the macro is too long for the standard macro size, http://www.curse.com/addons/rom/extendedmacroicons increases the char limit in macros.
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Zerienga" (Nov 8th 2015, 7:17pm)

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 8:50pm

Thank you for the macro but: that means is better to do dps with shield form? you have a lot of attack with disassembly mode.

Zerienga

Intermediate

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 9:05pm

Rune Pulse is, by far, the highest dps skill a champion has that's not on a 5m cd (I'm looking at you, E-Rampage). Chain Drive doesn't activate equally between the 3 different forms. If it did, I'd say that Disassembly Mode would be the best dps form for champions. However, since it isnt, it's better to dps in an unleveled shield form for the Chain Drive procs. The slight amount of attack you lose won't matter if you can get the boss's pdef low enough, which, for ch/r, it definitely can) as after reaching the pdef of the boss, path doesn't increase your damage by a ton.

Personally, I want Chain Drive to activate in all forms at the frequency it does currently in Shield Form.
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P

torkilsd

Professional

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 10:35pm

Yea go and try dps in shieldform and die after a few seconds. Ofc it is the strongest skill but it sadly does 10x aggro in shieldform than it does in dissasembly mode. Its made to tank gainst anything. I can get up to 30kk aggro per hit with it. So use the dissasembky mode to do dmg.

Zerienga

Intermediate

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 10:52pm

That's the point of the macro, torkilsd. It takes you out of Shield Form to cast Rune Pulse whenever you have Chain Drive active. If you're not in Shield Form, it puts you into Shield Form. And if you're in Shield Form without Chain Drive active, then it will use Shadow Stab instead. If you're not in Shield Form when you use Rune Pulse, you don't get the x10 aggro. So, using the macro, you will never be in Shield Form when casting Rune Pulse. It works perfectly for this because Shield Form doesn't trigger GCD.
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P

torkilsd

Professional

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 10:59pm

hmm. i guess i will keep playing in standart dissasembly mode. i would like to see some screens of your dmg on that setup.

Zerienga

Intermediate

Monday, November 9th 2015, 6:00am

In order to truly see a difference in dps, you have to compare your dps from both ways. Not just compare your dps to someone else's. Being purely statistical, you have to keep all but one thing constant when looking for the differences in a change. To put it simply, X + Y + Z does not necessarily equal A + B + C. To compare the different outcomes, you should keep X and Y the same and change Z. Why else would there be differences in chars that have gear and chars that don't, despite playing the same class combo?
90/90 P/K
90/60 WL/P

torkilsd

Professional

Monday, November 9th 2015, 8:18am

I dont care for statistics i just want to see how well that workaround functions in battle.

Tacky

Intermediate

Monday, November 9th 2015, 12:16pm

I dont care for statistics i just want to see how well that workaround functions in battle.
I totally agree. Playing with this macro sounds inconvenient ?( . Please show us some results.
I was wondering about your patk in shield form. I'm not familiar with it anymore. How much patk do you gain in your burst?

All in all, I would prefer the usual way with dissasembly mode. Seems much easier and my damage is hugely satisfying. ;)

Monday, November 9th 2015, 2:29pm

I have 165k totally unbuffed with DPS title, 246k with elite 70 and 234k in shield form.
One hand hammer (reco IX) and dagger (reco VII).
I plan to go in shield form. Tainos would hold the agro :)
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

torkilsd

Professional

Monday, November 9th 2015, 2:40pm

Only if u use the macro. otherwise he wont ever get even close to your aggro....