You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 10:58pm

Tank Adventure

Hi there folks!

Would like to have your opinion on a tanking class for the following reasons;

1-I want to be able to solo stuff (I know there will be limitations, but i mean mostly have a relax time doing quests and if possible elites)

2-I want preferably a second class that would allow me to use the same set of gear. (I don't want to have collect a whole other set)

3-I don't need to be the "best" or the most "wanted" tank of the game.

4-Visually good looking tank, preferably one with a shield. (I love dem shields)

(Number 4 is more important to me than 3, and 2 more important than 1) :P

Share your wisdom please, as i'm all ears!
Many thanks! :thumbup:

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 11:08pm

only one choice meeting all your criteria: K/w
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 11:26pm

Oh, Okay. That's not a lot of option, i guess i should be happy.
Thank you Keath! :thumbsup:

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 11:45pm

A note of caution:

Whilst Knight/Warrior can equip Plate or Chain armour, a Warrior/Knight can only equip Plate until the level 40 elite skill is obtained. Only from that point on, can the Warrior/Knight equip Plate armour.

Friday, April 22nd 2016, 11:56pm

Thanks for the heads up Yrcanos! :thumbup:

In other words, until level 40 i still will need to swap out gears then. ;)

I guess i can live with that, starting very soon my almighty K/W. (Just waiting on the wife to finish up the char creation part) :P

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 1:42am

Go for chain on both till 40 then plate on both. Doing so your requirement is met.
Lix (Aurora) angry and retired customer, fed up with gambling to obtain what is necessary to play this game

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 11:55am

Excellent idea from KeathofDeath there. In fact, a Knight is stuck with Chain up until level 24-ish anyway since the lowest level of Plate items is around there.

Saturday, April 23rd 2016, 10:16pm

Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

My journey started yesterday and i'm having a really good time.
So once again, many thanks!

:thumbup:

Sunday, April 24th 2016, 4:52pm

Hi there folks!

Would like to have your opinion on a tanking class for the following reasons;

1-I want to be able to solo stuff (I know there will be limitations, but i mean mostly have a relax time doing quests and if possible elites)

2-I want preferably a second class that would allow me to use the same set of gear. (I don't want to have collect a whole other set)

3-I don't need to be the "best" or the most "wanted" tank of the game.

4-Visually good looking tank, preferably one with a shield. (I love dem shields)

(Number 4 is more important to me than 3, and 2 more important than 1) :P

Share your wisdom please, as i'm all ears!
Many thanks! :thumbup:
Dwarfen champions can use talisman's with shield visual's!
But i'm not sure you will think of them as 'Visually good looking tank' when they are in shield form ( tho some people think dwarfs look better in shieldform ;) )

Another option as knight is also the Knight/Mage.
The K/M is the probably the best dps tank in the game after the ch/m when it wears mage gears, but when fully geared as a plate tank its probably the tank with most survivability while keeping the raid alive. :thumbup:

well have fun :)

Sunday, April 24th 2016, 5:59pm

K/p is imo the best knight tank. Has insane defence, aura, party dmg reduce, resolution absorb whilst giving party members deaggro.

Tuesday, April 26th 2016, 1:39pm

this with the shield limit it to knight/x or warrior ^^ (not like ive seen warrior tank in even most farmed inis atm /grotto,pilar/)