You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 3rd 2017, 12:21pm

Instance Maps

Well, I just noticed when I checked the game that most of the instances show the world map instead of the instance's map. And I remember it was not like that back in time in ch1-2. When will this be fixed?

I also noticed that the real taborea map is actually a lot bigger than it is presented in the website. Why doesn't it get upgraded? I mean, I don't think changing a picture with the newer version is hard at all. Returning people might think that the game had less content till they left, like I have thought at first bcz of that map on the website.

Unimatrix01

Intermediate

Occupation: BattleMonk, or more precise, Battle Nun coz my character is female :) (thx 2 Yrcanos ^^)

Tuesday, January 3rd 2017, 1:06pm

Well, I just noticed when I checked the game that most of the instances show the world map instead of the instance's map. And I remember it was not like that back in time in ch1-2. When will this be fixed?

I also noticed that the real taborea map is actually a lot bigger than it is presented in the website. Why doesn't it get upgraded? I mean, I don't think changing a picture with the newer version is hard at all. Returning people might think that the game had less content till they left, like I have thought at first bcz of that map on the website.

You probably used the WoW-map addon back then.

Wow-Map
WoW-map Instances
Wow-Map PoI
Sôhei, the Highest Lvl BattleMonk on Isiltir!, not so high on Agenor :sleeping:
----------------------- 90/86 ----------------------

Tuesday, January 3rd 2017, 1:13pm

^Not actually.

And I do not see the AddOns as an actual solution while the map problems can be fixed (most probably easily)

Wednesday, January 4th 2017, 4:40pm

The maps are simple to fix indeed, but tbh , as I remember, all old instances were just the world map I think. Newer ones were changed though.

As for website - simple, gf are lazy :D

Wednesday, January 4th 2017, 6:05pm

In chapter 1 I'm sure that all instances had maps. I don't know about the instances that came with ch2 but I am %100 sure about ch1, especially the windmill basement (been there many many times x3) That was the case at least in US servers.

Wednesday, January 4th 2017, 10:01pm

Some have a world instance map, some who launched around chapter 3 (like ystra underground) have the worldmap.
wowmap as linked above is a good adon, maybe to good to implement?
Chapter 4 had instance maps again, for the GM's they made Warnorken Arena, so they donn't get lost in the instance :P

Yrcanos

The Dungeon Keeper and Game Administrator EN

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 12:20am

From chapter 4 onwards, the instance maps have been shown correctly.
In chapters 1-3, instance maps were built into the client but the 'pointer' to where they were stored didn't go to the right place and so the game shows the World Map by default.
As mentioned, the WoWmaps addon is indeed, a most excellent addition to any client.

Now, Diz has a couple errors to be corrected: ;)
- Ystra Underground Labyrinth is from chapter 1; (This may be a translation thing here, as English may not be your main language?)
- Warnorken Arena hails from chapter 3.

But you are correct about the WoWmaps addon:
Whatever it says on Curse is wrong - it was secretly developed so that we GM-types would be able to find our way around. Some disgruntled GM must have leaked it out and the current developer has merely 'claimed' it as his own...

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 11:22am

Soo, wouldn't it be better if they were fixed? If they are showing the world map since such a long time, why aren't you just putting the right images for those instances? Are you not allowed for a reason or something? Because as a lover of Lore I'd like to be able to see the maps of the instances before ch4. And I believe there are others who would think so.

Also, as I mentioned, the map and the information of chapters in the website are terribly outdated. (No information at all about CH6 and its features, zones, instances, lore etc.) I think expecting new players to join when the info in the website of the game is outdated (3-4 years?) is not more than just "hoping". Why doesn't it get updated so that it can be a better advertisement for what the game provides right now?

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 12:05pm

Punctuation, nemesis of mine in all languages :wacko:
Sorry was wrong about Warnorken's chapter, thanks for correcting that :)

There is no chapter 6, just patch 6.sumething.sumething
The chapters ended at chapter 5, and then they would go only to patches. SO chapter VII is the next chapter after Ch 5.
It would be great if all instacne maps would be implemented within game without need for addon, however you can wait for that or just go to darkside and get the addon.

For the outdated info on website,i could say alot, but lets keep it friendly. Its sumething GF really slacked on. Lets keep it at that.
Forum is more up to date, but thats not the 1st thing people visit offc.

Advertisment, is sumething alot of players reminded GF too make. I miss Van Canto days, Taborea lost their best bards.
Few months ago, they had a contest and use it now as an advertisment (mixed from different players). They kinda forget to make it 1 language.
Even Germans barely use subtitles synchronizing there media. A bit rushed, for the world community to make it not one language or just tweak a bit for all flaggs they host the game for.

Gamewise nothing has changed in Taorea in the best (old) zones, you cna dream those instances. The story is great and the balance is best on those zones, you don't have to spend any money to enjoy content there. So even if you don't want to use the adonn, it's not gamebreaking. :)

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 1:21pm

Yes it would be better if it was fixed, will it happen? Doubtful cause runewaker.

Saturday, January 7th 2017, 5:47pm

Instance maps in low level instances would also help new players a lot in getting into the game. Those players are not the ones which have addons like WOW map.

Sunday, January 8th 2017, 11:04am

:arrow: ^Exactly!

And there is no cons except a bit of work on updating the website at least. And it would bring many more players because the biggest reason players avoid this game is the way developer/distributer don't pay attention to the game and players unless they get enough money via the game. Updating the website is like showing them that the game is still being cared for by at least some authorized people and that is more than hopeful. But you can't expect people to care for the game when you don't show any sign of doing so, right?

I mean, the way they see Taborea right now is just as a source of currency. But Taborea is more than that. Taborea is a great, living story (at least it was back in ch1-2) that makes the player a part of it. And this is the main reason I prefer this game over WoW or other MMORPGS. It has a unique way of pulling the player in its wonderful lore. And Taborea deserves better. It must be treated the way it deserves. And GMs also have a huge role in this.

For example, daily events might be helpful. When I was playing this game (in TR servers probably?) during chapter 1, there were events done by GMs like hide and seek, in which the one who finds where GM has hidden in Silverspring wins 100 diamonds or free to join lotteries where the winner gets the same amount. If Gameforge is making a problem of this and not letting GMs to do this kind of free diamond giveaways, there can be solutions found like lotteries in which all the players give an amount of diamonds to join and gets all the diamond if they become the winner. (This can even be done with a trusted player who will distribute the lottery but better with a GM, ofc.)

What I want to tell in a nutshell is that players want to see your efforts. Yes, there are already seasonal events. But they are nothing different than having a dull struggle to have some nice stuff. It is nothing like an activity a GM does with the community and everyone can enjoy. Yes, it would definitely be better with a reward but not even a reward is needed. Those activities themselves would be more than enough to put some new fun to the life of Taboreans. And most importantly, they would know that at least they still have GMs caring for the game.

That ended up quite long, eh :P

Sunday, January 8th 2017, 12:01pm

GM's are allowed to do events, they're just limited on what they can give away. Us servers had about 6 different events over Christmas, here? Was 0.

Monday, January 9th 2017, 2:36pm

Well GM events aren't really apreciated. Not the good items, not enough of the items, blabla gimme free stuff.
Good for US side, however they had the least events in the past.
Events should be more about the fun with GM's then the value of the gift imho.Thanks for events threats derail fast anyway.

About instance maps, yes should be fixed/implemented. GF doesnt have to brainstorm hard (outside rvamping the best item shop evahhh!! ) they could just visit curse or poll which addons are most usefull and without much effort make it an ingame mechanic.
You are right about new players don't visit forums (think i recall sumeone saying that forum is just for angry players :P <hates the internet for speed> :whistling: ), enough idea's are forwarded, suggestions have been given (luckily not every idea is implemented else game would die within weeks).
But realistic said: go for adon, then at leats you have the maps. Waiting for it would drive new players even further away.

The GM's have always been a huge part of the game, without them, well let's be fair; Taborea would have been gone forever a long time ago.
And about lotteries; no, no, no ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs )
No more RNG, or gamling. It has to much allready. Giving away also makes GF raise prices or add more P2W items in shop to compensate. Just have fun and don't hang around varanas and dalanis much at the: The end is near player characters, they have been ingame since frogster.

Monday, January 9th 2017, 6:04pm

But I'm sure most of the newcomers check the website first, even before downloading the game. And guess what? The info on the website(maps, zones etc. Not talking about all the stuff like "Happy hour" and etc.) is not up to date... It's kinda funny tbh.

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 10:54pm

Sooo... It's a no? Even the website won't be updated, huh? Or won't any of these issues (along with the instance map bug) be forwarded to whereever it is needed?

mokkan666

The Artist

Friday, January 20th 2017, 5:06pm

Sooo... It's a no? Even the website won't be updated, huh? Or won't any of these issues (along with the instance map bug) be forwarded to whereever it is needed?

Rest assured, nothing will happen.

Retired from RoM and spending the monies elsewhere.

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 3:53pm

I doubt either will be updated. Hoe map even still says origin... XD