You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 10:35pm

Harvesting dreadful noise!

Can anyone please tell me how to turn down that horrible clang noise when harvesting any resources? I have tried adjusting audio sliders but none of them seems to affect that CLANG! every time I harvest something. Since I have to play using headphones, after a few minutes harvesting stuff I start developing a headache and begin to ask myself if this game is really worth the pain it causes me?

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 11:02pm

just turn off sound in 7-years old crap game and listen some good radio station? ;)
Ralesius S/W/R/M/K 99/99/99/70/70
Ralence Ch/W/R/WL/M/P 99/99/99/99/99/99 dwarf powa!

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 12:53am

Interface sounds should do the trick.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 10:16am

I have moved the sliders for Ambiance, Interface, Music and Sound Effects all down to Zero and it makes no difference, the only way I have found to stop the CLANG! is to move the slider for Master Volume to zero and play with no sound at all, which ruins the game for me!

;(

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 5:23pm

Could it be you have an add-on that is playing a sound when you harvest? Afaik this wouldn't be covered by ROM found settings.

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 8:01pm

I just downloaded the game yesterday after a long break and have no mods or addons.

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 9:37pm

Maybe you downloaded wrong game? :D
Ralesius S/W/R/M/K 99/99/99/70/70
Ralence Ch/W/R/WL/M/P 99/99/99/99/99/99 dwarf powa!

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 11:53pm

You can turn up all sounds but the Master Volume.

Music on, clang gone.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Monday, January 30th 2017, 10:09pm

Sadly that doesn't work, all you get is all sound gone! ;(

Monday, January 30th 2017, 10:20pm

Fix is coming soon, it will b added in the wheel of fortune.

Nah, seems sound effect related, so try that slider from Sarkas picture?

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:38am

Fix is coming soon, it will b added in the wheel of fortune.

Nah, seems sound effect related, so try that slider from Sarkas picture?
I did try it, was all excited that it might cure the problem, but Nope it just stopped all sounds. It seems the CLANG! of harvesting is there as a challenge. Maybe put there to see if you have to endurance to be worthy of harvesting the materials to become a crafter.

WANTED - CRAFTERS
Warning! PLayers with delicate ears need not apply!

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 12:21pm

I meant:
Seems sounds effect related, so try the sound effects slider form Sarkas picture.

Sorry English and keyboard aren't what it used to be before.
I used Gathering to relax a bit, to do something relaxing between questing, alting, farming, daillys, instance runs. There are ways to to get materials by other ways, like planting and SW rewards, or AH. Easier to get bigger queantities, but the gathering itself was just to relax between all routine, which made it worthwhile.
Else u could go park your character also in guild castle (mine/plants/woodchop) to get quantity of matts, but htis is very boring and really for afk moments to me.