You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

• "SheIsMyHeroin" started this thread

Tuesday, February 21st 2017, 7:07pm

Changes in SW currencies!

Changes in SW currencies!
This is old and i know really painful topic! for many people it gonna be try to destroy sense of existence of even their main character! BUT still i have to try to make this game better! and bring PVP back ot PVP and separate brainless mob killing or tower camp from killing players and doing something "all together" !
thats why i suggest:
1. Remove all mobs around castles!
2. Remove buffs for merit/crystal exrtact from towers for players!
3. NOW Academy give UPGRADES that make your EXTRACTORS to generate merits and crystals (speed upgrades)
4. DrillGround give buff more merits from killing players (only)
5. Remove mobs in middle of map! on their place can put 2 guard STRONG mobs who are "neutral" but if player hit tthem they will attack! this will make fights betwen players in middle area more interesting and strategic! group who have aggro on mob will get some dmg + stuns but this group will get if kill thisu gusrd mob 300-500 merit!
but you just forgot about solo or duo killing those guards (no easy merit)
6. MOST Impothant Extractors now generate MERIT and Crustals all this depend from NUMBER of towers your team have!!!!
you have only your Crystal (near throne) merits and crystal x1 per 6 sec per extractor
you have 3 outside towers = merits and crystal x4 (Academy accelerate speed)
every lvl buff in academy accelerate with 0.5 sec
example academy buff 8 = 1 merit + 1crystal from every EXTRACTIR every 2 sec
so 15 extractors buff level 8 and you have 3 towers + your crystal =
15 x 4 =60 merit and 60 crystyals every 2 seconds
7. you just loot merit from generated from extractors from your GUILD CRYSTAL (near throne)
8. change speed of doing upgrades too much time really boring and take too much time can be reduced by half!
9. Donate merits "button" merit that fighters get from killing guards players or capture towers can be immediately transferred to Crystal near throne! (skill/button can have 30-60 sec CD)
Reasons why this is good changes:
1. People can be more focused on battle or on building defenses!
2. Will remove huge amount of useless 90% afk alts around towers = will reduce even a bit lag in SW!
3. ALTS will stop stealing 13 badges reward from FIGHTERS! probably half of you have case you get 8 badges even you are in top 5 of killers (just ridiculous)
4. This change will motivate multiple peoples to make some PVP gear and start join fight! Good for them (will take some fun) GOOD for Gameforge coz making gear is use more DIAMONDZ = more money!
5. will bring some realy new life on OUR OLD game! more people can return to see how is it going NOW
6. New SW dynamic i think with this changes amount of SW currencies have to be reduce a lot! this mean .... NOWAY to get all buffs around 30 min of SW and start thinking where to waste all this merit from 6 alts in end of SW every alt have 2000-5000 merit and the guy who care for all this alts have no idea what to do with all this merit (no time to even buy and build so many traps /towers)
7. with this changes YOU will know that IF YOU WANT TO HAVE MORE UPGRADES then your OPONENT you need more TOWERS! otherwise both guilds wil lhave similar upgrades nearly in same time!
So: play aggresive or be equal.
8. with this changes guilds with low number of players will not need to waste 2-3 players for doing upgrades ... is just one guy who check amount of merit from time to time and build in 1-2 mins nearly all upgrades (if have enought currencies) !
9. Big guild will no need to cary if they have enought spots for fighters (everyone fight) i do believe with 30+ fightrs will be laggy enought xD
I want to make game better! Why you try to stop me?

Challenger

Intermediate

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 11:50am

getting merits depending on towers will make fcappers even worse, all else could be better at least as a change to attract old players who quit back to game

Challenger (r/m Hotdog), Oldass (wl/ch Exercitus)

Vidar(ew)

#nerffearcap, #nerf wl ibp set skill!

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 12:10pm

And the lower levels who can't Kill anything are just expected to do what? Afk? Whilst the current the current sw situation is not perfect, it atleast includes people of all levels (well 50+) I suggest if you dislike losing badges to ALTs you talk to your guild am ask them to remove them in the final minutes.

Ofc the easiest solution would be to give the entire team the same rewards, which was discussed many times, since everyone contributes to the win)except the afkers) but I don't see this changing anytime soon.

But honestly, the entire PvP system of rom needs a complete overhaul, and given this game is 8 years old, and ran by a developer and publisher that clearly don't care for the game anymore, is unlikely that anything changes. A few small changes would already improve ROM PvP a lot, but alas, unlikely to happen. You do have a few decent suggestions that would be a nice addition, but I'm sure sw is more likely to be released from beta then they are to get added xD

mokkan666

The Artist

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 6:19pm

weeeeeeell....

☐ It's high time that the siege wars dropped their beta status. The most important thing for us at the moment is to reduce the number of connection drops and the amount of lag as much as possible. Thanks to your help in the most recent tests, we're a good step closer to our goal, a target we would like to meet this spring. Another point on our to-do list, even if it doesn't count towards changing the status, is to work on a sophisticated system for allocating opponents. We've also got plans for a new map and attractive rewards to add to the fun of the siege wars.

a year later, what have they managed to do? slightly less lag? but is it due to population being down or to their work?

:thumbdown:

Oh i found this one too from august 2015:
Firstly the topic of Siege Wars: a long desired wish of the community is have the Siege War finally be freed from its beta form. But there are still a few bugs to be ironed out before we can do so. As soon as the Runewaker's work on this is complete, we will be releasing Siege War in its final form.

Retired from RoM and spending the monies elsewhere.

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 6:49pm

And the lower levels who can't Kill anything are just expected to do what? Afk? Whilst the current the current sw situation is not perfect, it atleast includes people of all levels (well 50+)
i play this game on few servers! ws low level in many guilds some time for 1-2 days sometime for 1-2 weeks ... "helping guild as low level extracting crystals" sound nice but only sound ... after all this player never growup (or rare) most of the time WHEN they got to level cap they are same (half AFK crystal extractors) they wil lnever pass the middle of map ... and never make PVP gear .....well i had one case:
Basshunter <== level cap M/wd with better gear then i had....... on my question "Man can you come and help us at enemy gate?" he told me "But they killing me there" OMG .... low level crystal farming twisting your mind and DAMAGE your brain permanently after few weeks of this player never become fighter! so no reason from brainless balloon farm or stay afk at tower! go do QUESTS! LEVEL UP, MAKE gold tto buy gear! when i move to Agenor i make my priest with 20 days gameplay 3-4 hours per day + some amount of dias (8-9k) and i become MAIN HEALER of guild Sanctuary!
in this time (20 days) i spend 0 time leeching in SW .... few times i join as a p/r but not ot farm or extract! Low levels need mission! (level cap and some gear) not fake feeling they help ..... you help when you heal or kill! I leveled 40+ chars so is not so hard .... even on new server never take me more then 2 weeks idk maybe i play wrong game (this one is for slow mode and im too fast?)
Anyway Low levels can do upgrades (one of low levels) after first 20 min low levels can even drive machines if guild have to Attack or use wall catapults (if have to defends home castle) .... i dont think there are many guilds with more then 2-3 low levels inside SW .... if so ......well is extremely rare and they are doomed .... but you know guys this game i maked for hight level .... what if someone start cry that low levels can't enter mirrorworld? or can't farm Dreamland?
So lets just say I SUGGESTING level restriction for join SW ! level 90! end of story :P
you cant join VOR party as low level is same here (|Sw is for big boys/girls)
getting merits depending on towers will make fcappers even worse, all else could be better at least as a change to attract old players who quit back to game
don't get sick from this fearcap just start play p/r or m/ch :P
I suggest if you dislike losing badges to ALTs you talk to your guild am ask them to remove them in the final minutes.

Ofc the easiest solution would be to give the entire team the same rewards, which was discussed many times, since everyone contributes to the win)except the afkers) but I don't see this changing anytime soon.

I don't think believe everyone deserves equal badges! 10 kills 1 badge 100 kills 10 badges! you have no opponent = you didnt fight right? This is BADGES OF HONOR
no honor to take empty castle = no badges! guild who reg and didnt fight will be reported and lose permision for SW REG 1 week !
About guy who do upgrades( he will always lack of kills yes so he can be like something like herald ONE GUY per team with unique buff and only HE can use merit genarated from extractors and HE get maximun for guild reward always!
Rest of players have to prove what they deserve 1- 3- 15 badges
because is kinda absurd player who spent 90% of time fighting enemy use every posible skill and pot/food to be equal with totaly unbuffed mage who can use only thunderstorm and holly aura <== die onehit from any rogue in 200 range !
No no no onnonononnononon NO WE are not equal ... some people do more others not so much some people can change othe will not be able to i KNOW that!
but is same in RL also some people get 20k euro per minth other 1k ... this is the life
Handle it or "make PVP gear and start use more then 2 skills and some pots/foods"
if you are too cheap for do that then why you need 13 badges every day? you kill 10 ppl i kill 50 you need 2 min to leave resspoint i die 2 times and kill half of enemy guild for same time some people can't found our gate to leave castle! are we both deserve same reward? 10000% sure not! :love:
#HonorpointTakenByHonor

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SheIsMyHeroin" (Feb 23rd 2017, 7:06pm)

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 9:51pm

BTW for me sound like EXPLOITING all this with crystal/merit extracting and it give "unfair advantage" peoples who do easy farm for 10 min then go AFK get more rewards then people who fight 1 hour! Also is unfair coz IT change game dynamic = one of guild can get faster buffs in SW even fight is "for middle" ... one of the sides get advantage by use "pure PvE farm method" Everything this is totaly against sense of GAME rules for "AFK" is not logical to be permited/avalable to get such amount of ingame (SW) currencies by stay AFK near object!
For ME and many others this is much more abusing then stay near PetHunter NPS ...
what you get from PetHunter .... more tools? how can this change your and 20-30 ppl gameplay? buy STAY AFK near Tower CAN change way of entire SW .... in END Guild with more ALTS get ""unfair advantage"" and win the fight BUT same guild Fighters lose "Best reward" coz of same ALTS???
I have friend who got BAN for "PetHunter" .... and in same time GAME motivate with highest posible reward (coz i think badges are more valuable currencie in GAME! ofk if you want titles) to STAY AFK at some "object" .... Think Gameforge have to make everything posible to change THIS situation as soon is posible!
About peoples who care so much for poor abandoned low levels feel free to invent way how they can be taken in truth use as kind of fighters ... things like "take 7 days ticket for level cap" ... "Game lend you some PVP gear for 7 days" <-- some basic stats to be able to fight (not die onehit for sure) all this things can cost dias or gold or Honorpoints but this is talk for OTHER TOPIC <=== Cool peoples who care so much for poor abandoned low levels can open ^^
Hope my ideas will be soon forwarded coz Game need changes and need them soon!

#HonorpointByHonor!NoBadgesForAFK!

Challenger

Intermediate

Friday, February 24th 2017, 7:39pm

In order to be fair with rewards system can be changed to calculate kills dmg etc too, for example:

kills * 1 mil
damage
defense
healing
merits * 1000
crytslats * 1000
occupation * 1mil

sum of all that can become the players score and rewards can be distributed accordingly so everyone who contributes(as a fighter or merit farmer) can get a fair reward.

Vidar(ew)

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 12:30am

BTW for me sound like EXPLOITING all this with crystal/merit extracting and it give "unfair advantage" peoples who do easy farm for 10 min then go AFK get more rewards then people who fight 1 hour! Also is unfair coz IT change game dynamic = one of guild can get faster buffs in SW even fight is "for middle" ... one of the sides get advantage by use "pure PvE farm method" Everything this is totaly against sense of GAME rules for "AFK" is not logical to be permited/avalable to get such amount of ingame (SW) currencies by stay AFK near object!
For ME and many others this is much more abusing then stay near PetHunter NPS ...
what you get from PetHunter .... more tools? how can this change your and 20-30 ppl gameplay? buy STAY AFK near Tower CAN change way of entire SW .... in END Guild with more ALTS get ""unfair advantage"" and win the fight BUT same guild Fighters lose "Best reward" coz of same ALTS???

You mix up something there.

Staying at the crystal is compare-able with craftings. While staying afk at the pet merchant is done with the use of an addon in order to automate it. Moving yourself to a crystal and staying there is clearly no botting. Likewise staying over night refining/crafting stuff isn't botting either.

Also an hour gaining crystals (without addons) compared to getting cheap materials 24/7 (with addons) is a real bad comparison.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 10:48am

Looks like you got tricked into responding in this thread Sarkas.
Ironically your post might even come close to being off-topic.
So all it takes to get a moderator to respond is to make a bad comparison?

I think the point is that the reward system is off. The highly investeds tend to get the low amount of badges,while the people that just AFK get the highest reward. That is just a flawed way to reward people for their effort.

Do i say those merrit farmers don't contribute?No. In todays SW you need those merrit farmers. Do i say that people with
sick PVP gear raking kills should get the highest rewards?Yes.

And I think that the suggestion SheIsMyHeroin makes is a decent one, I only think it has the potential to be way to snowball-y.
If one guild is stronger, they get a good amount of merrits and/or crystals faster than the weaker guild.
They can boost their statswith upgrades earlier, which makes them even stronger, while the opposing guild can't get them.
I think a tactical aspect has to remain where if one guild has for example 20 "average" players, they should atleast have a chance against 10 "OP" players.

So I think it's a good idea, granted not every slightly inbalanced SW is over in 15 minutes.

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 8:39pm

3. ALTS will stop stealing 13 badges reward from FIGHTERS! probably half of you have case you get 8 badges even you are in top 5 of killers (just ridiculous)
Obviously, you're guild has a non-technical problem becaus alts can leave the SW a few minutes before the end and won't get anything (and thus don't "steal" anything).
Burning Eyes, Rath, Bew99/Kr99/Ku99/Dr99/Sch99/M74 - Kettenträger FTW^^
If you get the number one, the only way is down! --- Adam Ant
Cojones kann man nicht kaufen! --- unknown
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fsck the prom queen. --- John Patrick Mason
For I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying. --- Gandalf, the White

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 9:35pm

Also an hour gaining crystals (without addons) compared to getting cheap materials 24/7 (with addons) is a real bad comparison.
There is also use on addon for quick Trade so person who ABUSe with crystal extracting is no need to even ATL+TAB to character windows!
and for ONE hour you give to TEAM much more advantage then any pet craft can! coz is ealy hard to ompare 3- 5 -10k merit with some small amount of herbs or woods? coz 10.000 merits is hard to get from 10 fighters in combat .... doing many fights and kills .... and in same time so easy to just collect from AFK alt! so .... even you use Petcraft 24/7 it wil lnot give to your guild 40% more DMG <--- this make difference TRUST ME! but in end of the day is same both CHARACTERS ARE AFK! so you spend 1 -2 min to make char upgrades then put him on extract and THATS IT ... then included in game "extracting function" <--- work like bot for me coz "you get currencie till you are AFK" and this change GAMEPLAY for you and all other players!
CAN you understand me Guys? is WRONG to get advantage for your team till you just AFK! Especially if this is not just one character ... 2-3 - 4 "extractors" make unbelievable amount of currency and this allows to one of the teams to ABUSE also with "Traps & Towers fields" this make game unplayable after some time !!! For me currency income have to be totaly reduced to avoid "feald of lag" or "feald of crashes"
i know this is reason why some peoples join SW-s last few years:
farm merit for alts make upgrades put them on extracting then start collect and BUILD ... Build zilion of stuffs on map to make this poor game even more laggy ... is that the reason you play guys? everyday one and same?
i believe there will need changes on Traps/Towers prices and their HP ofcourse!
huge price and huge meaning of them ..... trap have to be with a lot of HP and defence so you put just few on important places not random spam everywhere and do "quality test on my videocard" ..... zzzZzzzZzz FPS 100 > 0
Read carefully my first post and think about what i try to make .... "release more fighters from farmer destiny" ... make SW more dynamic coz of more fighters and meaning of towers .... and avoid ABUSES with "lag fealds" ... If you still cant see sense in my words then im right about "Crystal extracting as low level make permanent brain damages" ... i love you all guys and girls as my brothers and sisters but sometime some needs shock therapy to cure their farm addiction and fightphobia :D

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 10:48pm

Looks like you got tricked into responding in this thread Sarkas.
Ironically your post might even come close to being off-topic.
So all it takes to get a moderator to respond is to make a bad comparison?

We read all posts, but we rarely intervene in the process of discussion unless absurd comparisons are involved.

This thread has the poorest chances to get heard because from the start it does not go conform with the rules of the section in the slightest bit.

Quoted

One topic at the time for a better overview. Don't compile more different topics into one thread.

Every suggestion, needs a bit of support from the community, so we can see, that it isn't actually wanted by one person only.

farm merit for alts make upgrades put them on extracting then start collect and BUILD ... Build zilion of stuffs on map to make this poor game even more laggy ... is that the reason you play guys? everyday one and same?

If you are into pure brawls, you're better of with the arena where you won't find any of your deeply hated crystal farmers. As far as I know you only find a sigil once in a while. No buildings there that disturb your style of combat. Also you have less lag there, since only a maximum of 12 people can join. And you can do it all day long. While actively taking part in the game play you can even use the pet craft addon.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers

Sunday, February 26th 2017, 12:19am

Pretty funny seing this kind of post against afk farmers from a member of a guild which uses Ch/M barriers macros to make castle defense automatic... but let's not get into this kind of fight.
Farming merits on towers isn't especially the bad part of siege: if you get the advantage in the middle of the map, then instead of camping there, maybe push to their side and disturb the farming ? and if you don't want to take that risk, then you can stay camping, but don't complain if your opponent gets ahead moments later thanks to its upgrades, since you left him in peace... IMO it is a strategic component of SW, and induces movement around the map, thus allowing a better "fight". Otherwise it just ends up with someone taking the center, putting dozens of defenses, and camping there for 40 minutes watching his opponents being chained feared/stunned/muted by the aforementionned defenses.
And they say W/M is retarded...

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Sunday, February 26th 2017, 12:23am

If you are into pure brawls, you're better of with the arena where you won't find any of your deeply hated crystal farmers. As far as I know you only find a sigil once in a while. No buildings there that disturb your style of combat. Also you have less lag there, since only a maximum of 12 people can join. And you can do it all day long. While actively taking part in the game play you can even use the pet craft addon.
Thanks for advise but NO! I love SW and want ot save it pure and honorable :love: :love: :love:
I Think in my first post i give sugeation in 9 point to change way to take currency
with equal chance for both guild ... not related to abuses with AFK alts
I also give 9 really good reasons for changes ... i believe if not everyone agrees with all reasons there is more then one reason someone will be agrees right?
Related to how empty is our forum from any ideas about some positive changes i think our duty is to make sure this ideas will be forwarded! For sure now is the right time before releasing of promised NOT Beta status of SW :) Still time to include "right" changes!
P.S.
Excuse me for bit low off topic but is to make my ideas to be with more sense... and show you why this is more importtant then any other change in SW:
1. I had case some time ago to do SW in small guild ... 10 players and the oponent was same 8-10 ppl ... at some point i lose one of my healers ... didnt see char around any of middle towers ... was intensive fight and we had only 2 healers so i check was online ..... then i ask in TS ... "Ivan (his name) where are you?" and got "behind castle" ..."what are you doing there?" and he was "Farming balloons" ... iand i was "WTF man we losing Knin come" .... and he "Sorry i didn't KNEW where to go" ...
so "if you not sure what to do BEST is to go hide and farm quietly" ???
2. Had other case ......same person ... same kind of SW 10 VS 10 or so ....
we was stronger than opponent and around 20 min we destroy enemy main gate ...
ta some point i see that we start die and is no heal inside enemy castle ... you know when some ppl are inside rams and opponents try to clear you from castle is kinds hard to stand ... so i asked my friend "Ivan where are you" and he say "jsut to set Alt on extraction and coming" .... "Man we losing gate!!!" and He "just 2 minets one of alts is ready" OMG
so is like "don't care we can win in 2-3 min alts are more important then win now or waste 10 more min to open main gate AGAIN! ALts are important!"
3. Case in last 2 weeks ... We are 20 opponent 6-7 and they wont fight ... Upgrader say: "3 rams are done on Arsenal" .... 5 min later "5 rams are done ot arsenal" well only i bring ram to enemy castle ... 3-4 ppl make upgrades for extracting meanwhile???
conclusion:
"Players in SW lose any fighting spirit because of HABIT to farm!!!"

Challenger

Intermediate

Sunday, February 26th 2017, 12:23pm

Pretty funny seing this kind of post against afk farmers from a member of a guild which uses Ch/M barriers macros to make castle defense automatic... but let's not get into this kind of fight.

sorry for not wanting to lose %90 dmg and %40 speed to some ninjas who want to win more than having fun

Vidar(ew)

Sunday, February 26th 2017, 11:09pm

"Players in SW lose any fighting spirit because of HABIT to farm!!!"

True, with the old system people did more SW per day and swapped (alt)guilds to farm for titels.

I think you put some thought on ideas and some sugestions. Don't change that with some replies which devalues the ideas.
Not lal might agree, and something I've learned, "My kind of fun isn't wrong" when playing the game is how people play or enjoy the game.
The old days are gone, with servers having drained from players, guilds for SW kinda get filled instead of the zillions of alt guilds cause people cannot play togther cause "popcorn time"
Alts, addons, macro's have all become apart of the game, especially with lower activity, and people who wanna safe time or are less skilled (mostly the visiting whales).
SW in RoM has something which adresses alot, and mechanics which are wildly used in different ways. Afk merrit farmers, balloon hunters, 300 defense placers per inch squares, fearcappers, honourguard lurers, gate bashers, gate protectors, merrit alt inside castle, upgraders, herald players, fighters, stealthy killers, honourgear users, high dps paper guys, scroll guilds, mid holders, bridge trollsetc etc etc.
Differnet guilds, different tacts.
Are all fun? No, are all counterable? you know it better then me.
If guilds use alts, or less experienced players, they can be made better by guild. If people communicate or teach them outside and inside SW. If guilds use alts, (Gate defenders, farmers, etc etc etc) they should also make agreements as other players suggested above. logg them off when the end is near (of SW).

Be constructive and suggest your ideas, Sarkas was quite clear, that the ideas need some more unity from players and some tweaking.
SW still needs to get out of Beta, there are so manny ideas, and as SW player you could help to make it better OP.

To Sarkas visitng the threat; I even saw Polog read it (after a maint notice, he wasnt logged off), old school cacti and GF people on the EN forum actually read aot, post less, but often react when stuff needs help. For other non help posts and suggestion threats... well lets be honest we have pitchforks for if they respond or not respond, they cannot do annything good.
Ive seen small suggestions or good suggestions being forwarded or put on sticky. I'll hope you are able to make the SW suggestions a sticky or forwarded OP, cause i see you still want change/improve the game. Even if not all agree, you have not given up ::mrcylinder:

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Monday, February 27th 2017, 10:26pm

I Believe SW have to be changed ... and need deep changes in many directions!
I Believe also most of changes can be positive and make/give better motivation for most of players to start be more active and EVEN to make some peoples to return to game! All of you Players and Gameforge team members know how many people we lose ... our game lose!
We are all here to found a best solution how to improve RoM ... i am far away from PVE so my frontline is PVP and i have lot of observation and experience so here i try to help.
SW need changes but im not sure "Runewalker" know what to change! XD also dont know how Gameforge see 100% of situation there (SW) so this is our place as players and customers to show what we see and what we want :)
I think we need to open and hold active 3-4 topics about SW changes we need!
Why 3-4 but not one ...... coz in one will become too big mess ... but if peoples follow regular all topics progres they will be able to adapt their ideas in one of topics if is related to other topic majority supported idea or even decision!
So i think we will need "NEW SW rewards system" coz even we have old is too outdate or no found any constructive ideas or is probably "locked"!
Also is good to open topic about "Low levels and low geared in SW"
In end Gameforge team will be able to extract best of ideas and having in mind disagreements to make ... "acceptable and balanced changes"
Example:
we have this topic and i already involve this sugestions to Change in SW winning condition
and all this is involved to ""NEW SW rewards system"" coz rewards have to be separated from "amount of merit" ... or maybe not ... coz of no merit form balloons & towers then merit is only from players and tower cap so can be still related somehow ... but :
"NEW SW rewards system" <=> "amount of merit" proportional to reward sond fear only in case "no merit form balloons & towers"
but it need different topic about "NEW SW rewards system" coz of discusions about kind of rewards and amount (balance of rewards) For example new currency <-- you got coin "Prove of honor" or so and is one per kill and you can exchange to specifik NPS like 50 "Proof of Honor" for one "Proof of myth" or excange for other currencies like memento shell .... what you need!
Se lets follow positive and constructive tone here and open necessary "NEW SW rewards system" and start collecting ideas there also :)
Have fun and take care!

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:12am

For example new currency <-- you got coin "Prove of honor" or so and is one per kill and you can exchange to specifik NPS like 50 "Proof of Honor" for one "Proof of myth" or excange for other currencies like memento shell .... what you need!

Actually you siad something about farming...this actually leads to farming players or farming alts. The things you hate why people do something in SW will just change behaviour. PoMevents where changed cause of greed-loopholes, adding them this way in SW will change behaviour which most people hate.
Currency from instances worldbosses minigames shouldnt be added to PvP and especially not to SW. You hate people debating for draw, this will probally result in guilds agreeto send in alts to be killed just for the currency's.
Also its tends to just killing and not coop playing in teams, since several classes aren't designed for it (and I say this the most political way).
You can argue that the pve titles from siege opens the argument to add other pve currencies in game, but it's a Pandora box.
I would recommend maybe special gear with another statt pool to SW currencies or sumething in that direction. This is more interesting and keeps in the curren(cy) spirit.

Commen sense isnt a applied skill or a policed skill in RoM, last pom event was a result of this.

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 10:21pm

dizcorduzii , I understand what you talking about but here is not place of this :) Let's continue about rewards in :
"NEW" SW rewards system!
I really do appreciate Your viewpoint and will be happy to clear some ideas together :thumbsup:

Have fun all and keep all topics about SW changes alive !

tsjilp

Trainee

Friday, March 3rd 2017, 11:19am

Why not just give the same amount of badges to all people, so 13 for win, 8 for a draw, and 5 for a loss?

Not every player likes SW but if you want to have some sw skills there's really not much options but to be in SW regularly...

In the past you could do sw more then once/day but 24 hours guild invite cooldown made an end to that because too many people were complaining about mercenaries giving unfair advantage and ruining sw.

Now we have a situation you are forced to either leech sw farming balloons or towers or join an alt guild.

Furthermore having different type of players (pve only and pvp only) in one guild means there will be different views on sw, result the pvp only players will complain about afk pve players in sw or even not joining at all, they on their turn will complain the pvp players arent ever available for runs and about the fact winning will result in stronger opponents so they will prefer draws since only reason they in sw is to get the badges needed for those SW skills.

You should remember your time in Sanctuary, when the pvp group was there for sw usually that resulted in a win, but the pve players got fed up with being a punchbag when this pvp group wasnt there after a few wins and the opponent much stronger since raised in rankings. You on your turn got fed up with afk pve players, late loggers, online players not entering sw and did sw with another guild same time same server and later joined them if i remember correctly, and for both sides that is understandable, no judgement there!

Accept there is a group of people that does not like sw and will never make pvp gear but will join sw for badges since they want IBW aslong there is no reasonable alternative. They leech badges, take away firepower from real warriors that cant enter but they donate mats for guild buildings because they have advantage from them for runs just like you benefit from them in sw and if your guild farms endgame instances the pvp only group might even get access to cheap stats and weapons from runs.... both type of players are valuable for a guild, and yes there is a synergy between sw and pve content, if you want to get rid of pve players who arent productive in sw please do not try to force them to like sw.... give them an alternative to get their badges, they rather run an instance then stand afk on a tower...

Perhaps making sw badges available for mems at codex vendors will be an option to get rid of leechers, or even rewarding online players that arent in sw with same number of badges the people in sw receive excluding the sw reward packages ofcourse.

This will not prevent afk tower farming by alts because every team feels the need to buy and place tons of traps to spot those rogues, silence those healers and warlocks, stun everybody and try to prevent fearcaps as much as possible, so sw focused players will put champion-mage alts on gates and crystal farming alts on towers regardless of pve badgeleechers in sw or not....

Main problem is there's just too much imbalance in sw, if guilds not on same gear level or are missing classes thats always used as justification to put those alts there, to use skills through walls or use whatever option available they think is "fair" to even the score...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tsjilp" (Mar 3rd 2017, 12:24pm)