You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 10:10am

Change in SW winning condition

I think it would be nice to see a change in the wiining condition in SW. My suggestion is point based winning system (details will follow). The reasons i think this could be a good idea is because it will make sw results less randoms and also avoid the draw result which i dont even know why it exists since both teams can never be exactly equal. It will stop the fearcap abuse since if u cant hold the tower u fearcap it will be pointless to do it and will explain why later. Also the infinite gate defending when u cant fight your enemy will stop since u can never hope for a last minute win. It will make sw more tactical w/o taking out the element of fighting which for me is the number 1 reason to do SW.

So my suggestion goes like this:

Towers produce points per second so u get more points the more towers u control. guilds wont push brainlessly and they will care about defending towers too. Fearcapping a tower which u cant defend wont help u win the sw. It will still be an element in the game but wont be abused to an annoying level i think. You can add a small amount of points too in every tower cap but not too high. The is a risk here that people can start building huge amount of defend towers which will make sw very laggy so i suggest making an upper limit to the amount of defensive towers each team can have on the battlefield. when u lose a tower u can buy a new one and replace it.

Kills produce points too. which means u cant just sit on 3v3 towers and excpect a draw. The amount of points u get from kills should be the determinant factor of winning in a balanced tower sw. It will make also the afk alts on towers a disadvantage for the team that uses them since they can be farmed from enemy for points.

Thx for reading and would like to read improvements to this idea or why u think its a bad one.

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 10:55am

First of all; really well written! I like it alot.

The only problem i can immediately see is lower levels.
We all know how important IBW is, and you should try to get it right away, whilst you are leveling. (Currently lower levels can contribute)
With your suggestion lower levels are possibly more a liability than an asset.

PS. Low level means actually low level or newly max level running in full quest gear.

taxi_rom

Intermediate

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 5:10pm

I think is better if they put more important skills in sw ,most of people have IBW and they never play sw anymore,with more skills in sw more people will join sw ,basically my server is dead in pvp ,srry my bad english bye bye

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 7:10pm

First of all; really well written! I like it alot.

The only problem i can immediately see is lower levels.
We all know how important IBW is, and you should try to get it right away, whilst you are leveling. (Currently lower levels can contribute)
With your suggestion lower levels are possibly more a liability than an asset.

PS. Low level means actually low level or newly max level running in full quest gear.
It will be harder for them idd but they can still be useful and it also means that the guild must play around them. what i mean is that they can farm near home towers where guild can invest some defensive towers or the honor guard to make it easier to protect them. This could only work if u have like 1-2 low geared people but not many.

Also tbh a low lvl char or a char that just reached maxed lvl shouldnt be at end game guild right away fighting high points sw battles. there are many low lvl guilds who do low point sw and they fight also people with quest or bad gear.

About adding new sw tittles with new skills yes ofc it would be a nice addition and it would motivate more people to play sw but its not the point of this thread :)

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Sunday, February 26th 2017, 11:09pm

Is hard to make right choice who deserve to win! Some time outnumbered guild can't control Middle permanently or even half of the time! Even they are brave and fight like hell! some guild can start with 10 palyers and in last 20 min ot get 30+ thete are many cases and many "if" for me is better to clear way for "pure win"

Way 1. Last 10 min towers star give "victory points" .... 1 point per sec*(not good) for tower owner! why last 10 min .... coz start of SW can be different from end (amount of PLAYERS more or less both guild are done with upgrades and can show what they CAN! ) every tower capture will give bonus points <--- motivation to Attack! we wont make this "last min camp" right so in case 9 min 3 vs 3 towers this who cap win! if not
immediately re cap but still thine of re cap ... one of teams is with 2 towers and the other is with 4 ......so* ......"towers give 50 point every 60 sec" for the team who hold tower most of this 60 sec!
So in case 3 vs 3 towers .... immune cap work if you can hold this tower minimum 31 sec!!! (both teams got bonus for capture tower) so in end if attacker team hold 4 tower for more then 31 sec HE WIN! .... if is in earlier period of "victory time" other team "have to take tower and hold it for 31 + sec) is like "if they can you have to make it ALSO" .... to get DRAW ... if you WANT ot win you have to hold 4 towers for 91 sec or so
This become too complicated most of readers will hardly get it xD

Way 2. 10 min on end of SW "Victory time" every team have 3 vs 3 towers .... one of teams want to win! every 60 sec each tower give 50 victory points!
but Attacker will get -100 points if cap tower ! so to win have to hold it minimum 91 sec
coz in same period enemy team is with 2 towers and Attacker (if cap successful) wil lbe with 4 towes = 100 point more ..... This mean no more brave Holly runner in last 20 sec!
Still a bit less complicated but ..... hope you got the idea! :love:

Way 3. "Victory time" last 10 mins every tower give 50 point every 60 sec .... Tower cap TAKE double time (30 sec) but give 200 points .... is NO Fearcap is pure cap ..... if you make it in last 3 min you can win even enemy hold 6 min 4 towers!!! but if enemy recap or take other tower in 3 min ... and also get 200 points (in 2 vs 4 towers) he win if hold for 61 sec!
in case 3 vs 3 towers (30 sec tower cap) if one team take tower and other team take tower back under 59 cec (no team who hold 4 towers for more then 59 sec) SW end as draw! both team can do cap but cant hold agains cap also so they are Equal :love:
I want to make game better! Why you try to stop me?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "SheIsMyHeroin" (Feb 26th 2017, 11:19pm)

Monday, February 27th 2017, 10:52am

Is hard to make right choice who deserve to win! Some time outnumbered guild can't control Middle permanently or even half of the time! Even they are brave and fight like hell! some guild can start with 10 palyers and in last 20 min ot get 30+ thete are many cases and many "if" for me is better to clear way for "pure win"

Way 1. Last 10 min towers star give "victory points" .... 1 point per sec*(not good) for tower owner! why last 10 min .... coz start of SW can be different from end (amount of PLAYERS more or less both guild are done with upgrades and can show what they CAN! ) every tower capture will give bonus points <--- motivation to Attack! we wont make this "last min camp" right so in case 9 min 3 vs 3 towers this who cap win! if not
immediately re cap but still thine of re cap ... one of teams is with 2 towers and the other is with 4 ......so* ......"towers give 50 point every 60 sec" for the team who hold tower most of this 60 sec!
So in case 3 vs 3 towers .... immune cap work if you can hold this tower minimum 31 sec!!! (both teams got bonus for capture tower) so in end if attacker team hold 4 tower for more then 31 sec HE WIN! .... if is in earlier period of "victory time" other team "have to take tower and hold it for 31 + sec) is like "if they can you have to make it ALSO" .... to get DRAW ... if you WANT ot win you have to hold 4 towers for 91 sec or so
This become too complicated most of readers will hardly get it xD

Way 2. 10 min on end of SW "Victory time" every team have 3 vs 3 towers .... one of teams want to win! every 60 sec each tower give 50 victory points!
but Attacker will get -100 points if cap tower ! so to win have to hold it minimum 91 sec
coz in same period enemy team is with 2 towers and Attacker (if cap successful) wil lbe with 4 towes = 100 point more ..... This mean no more brave Holly runner in last 20 sec!
Still a bit less complicated but ..... hope you got the idea! :love:

Way 3. "Victory time" last 10 mins every tower give 50 point every 60 sec .... Tower cap TAKE double time (30 sec) but give 200 points .... is NO Fearcap is pure cap ..... if you make it in last 3 min you can win even enemy hold 6 min 4 towers!!! but if enemy recap or take other tower in 3 min ... and also get 200 points (in 2 vs 4 towers) he win if hold for 61 sec!
in case 3 vs 3 towers (30 sec tower cap) if one team take tower and other team take tower back under 59 cec (no team who hold 4 towers for more then 59 sec) SW end as draw! both team can do cap but cant hold agains cap also so they are Equal :love:
Interesting suggestions. You even did some math for merits and cap times :) However im not sure if such a dynamic SW can work. It will take quite some time for all people to really understand it.

Also personally i dont like the idea of one team losing for lets say 45-50 mins and last 10-15 mins lots of people log in from the losing side and win the sw. If you are losing heavily for 45 mins you shouldnt be able to win cause of some more people in last 10-15 mins. SW lasts for 1h. Its not that much of a time to spend for it if you care for winning. If you cant then np, people have their lives outside game, but the 10 last mins shouldnt be that impactful imo. People logging last mins should make a difference in a balanced sw but not in a sw that you spent 45-50 mins outside your castle gates trying to keep them up or defending your home towers.

You are right though. there is no completely objective way to define who deserves to win. Winning condition only shows certain direction in which you have to move in order to win. Right now its pretty much hold your gates up and cap towers the last minute. Whoever follows faster and better the winning direction wins. Changing it, will change the way people play, which in my opinion is something really needed. My suggestion encourages people to play more tacticaly and fight more which is what i would like to see. Its just my point of view though. :)

SheIsMyHeroin

Intermediate

Monday, February 27th 2017, 9:36pm

Well if make all changes together at same tine This idea can work!
If we go the way i suggested in Changes in SW currencies!
And calculate Merits and Crystals speed/amount income to be reduced to point that you can't overdefined towers you have! This mean Crystals are almost enough to make all upgrades (p dmg m dmg and defense) in first 40 min of SW ... then you can spend for "some" towers but this have to be 20 max not more ... and if you build too early and they are destroyed you wont have crystals t obuild another deffense (ofc i think towers HP have ot be increased x5 or os)
this is in case all time towers are 3 vs 3 .... you know form other topic "crystlas per sec are extractors x towers" so 15 x3 or 15 x4 make real difference!
i was even thinking about "brave buff" <--- team with less tower have some bonus (to have Chanse/advantage in his attack) like 5% HP or all attributes! in case team got 3vs3 towers lose buff if you are in case 2 vs 4 "battle cry buff" 10 % hp 1vs 5 "last stand" 15% HP and 0 vs 6 towers "berserk buff" +20% HP and 10% dmg .... this will make some balance coz "surrounded guild" is almost without crystals and can't do upgrades with same speed!
Back to main topic!
If you have low amount people in firts 30 min of SW and in case WE HAVE Changes in SW currencies!
And you know my ideas are just basic foundation to build and invent other ideas and theories!
p.s. After one day of thinking (after my first post in topic) i do believe "Way 3" is best ... "20 - 25 seconds for tower cap in last 10 min" this truly prove "you take control the tower" with "reduced amount of defence" will be still posible smal good organized group to take enemy home tower in last min! but you know ... how many peoples can do this? .... and i think everyone who can + hold one of midd towers deserve to win :P
:love: you all! and have good ideas to share :love:
I want to make game better! Why you try to stop me?