You are not logged in.

/!\ We are moving to a new board. Come join us. This board will go into read-only mode on 20.06. /!\

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, February 21st 2018, 9:22pm

Varanas wishing well abuse

So it's another evening of siege war, where we are paired with some <nope> guild, and despite being aware of their unorthodox siege methods, we decide to give the war a go. But our good will quickly fades when our members start having strange crashes few minutes after the beginning of the war. A few encounters with opposing players and we realise that many of our opponents have the infamous crash-inducing buff from the Varanas wishing well. A few quick words with opponents can be resumed as "yes, we have the crash buff, deal with it noobs".

So how can you deal with such a situation ? Well basically you can't, since you're kicked out the game ever 5 min. War could have been evenly matched and enjoyable, but this just ruined it completely: fighters crahsing, farmers crashing, people refusing to carry on (because after 5 crashes you kind of get tired of relogging), people refusing to come in because they don't want to endure it...

2 solutions to this problem: either having developpers fix it, or GM deactivate the event/npc. I suppose the first is very unlikely to happen, but there surely is a way that the second can be implemented.
It won't hurt anyone and it will help siege war for everyone, especially against those who will use it on purpose.

I won't even raise the question here is not wether players abusing this to get a large and unfair advantage in siege war deserve to be punished or not (bug abuse on a boss and you get banned, bug abuse in siege and noone cares), because obviously siege war "jurisdiction" will induce that nothing will happen.
And they say W/M is retarded...

Wednesday, February 21st 2018, 9:43pm

2 solutions to this problem: either having developpers fix it, or GM deactivate the event/npc. I suppose the first is very unlikely to happen, but there surely is a way that the second can be implemented.
It won't hurt anyone and it will help siege war for everyone, especially against those who will use it on purpose.
The 2nd if GF choose to do it, please do it in ALL servers, I remember the event being active in some servers and not in others few years ago.
Just an old and humble legend :)

Merge Ibergard + Vidar + Nuada

Sarkas

Game Administrator EN

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 11:03am

We will forward your feedback but this thread is closed now because any new reply only gives me suggestion to either close or suspend people for the way they respond.

We do understand your messages. Though this still doesn't give you the permission to break our forum rules. Thanks.

Runes of Magic Game Administrator - EN / Replacement - FR - I do not speak french

ToS | Community Guidelines | Support - Questions and Answers