You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Runes of Magic EU. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 31st 2009, 12:00pm

Planting system, experience and comments

There doesn't seem to be a thread on the new planting system and so I thought I would start one. This seems to be the best place for it.

I grew the test plant and then went to buy some more resources. I started with 1 each of the ore, herbs and wood. After carefully tending my plant collection for days, barely moving from the spot I can report my first harvest. Actually that's not quite true, I looked in on it every 12 hours :D

The level 1 seeds took 36 hours to grow. Initially the estimate was 2 days but I put that down to rounding. During the growing session feeding and watering the plants was fairly time consuming as I had to log in on a regular basis. A guild mate had his plants die as he took poor care of them.

After growing the health of the plants was 96%, 100% and 100% and on harvesting I received 10 willow, 10 beetroot and 10 tin. The experience was 10% per resource at level 1 9% at level 2 and 8% at level 3 leaving me level 3, 80%.

Having had some success I went and brought some more pots to grow more plants and discovered you can currently have only 5 pots in your house at a time. There was a message but it was too big to fit in the available space so I can't say if the number of pots is fixed or based on your skill or house size or another factor.

For the time and money investment, the low level resources seem to be a poor return but I have some more growing so we shall see if they improve with skill. On the positive side the plants do look nice in you house :lol:

I was careful to put the seeds in the correct pots so I have no idea if mixing this up causes problems. I would also assume that for every 10% of health lost you would lose 1 resource when harvesting. Another interesting test would be to see if you got more resources if you left it longer, but an initial look at what happens would indicate this is not the case.

Friday, July 31st 2009, 4:27pm

My first seed took around 40h to grow. was in the normal pot you get from the first quest. wood type of plant. health at 75% at time of harvest. got 10xash wood.
So based on this i would say it is worth getting the wood, herb and grass pots depending on what you want to grow, and it doesnt seem as health factors how much you get.
more testing is indeed needed here.

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 12:18am

I kept my plants (Ore in ore pot, herb in herb pot) and kept them close to optimal or over.. checking about every 4 hours to test it.

It seems the happier the plant, the faster the harvest. Mine said originally 2 days, but i had it in significantly less.

I had 10 of the basic mats, demon grass, zinc and ash wood - however my hubby got beetroot.. dno if this is random, he just plonked any seed into any pot.

Working on the second set now. I went up to level 3 and about 80% skill.
They say we can love who we trust,
But what is love without lust?

Emiai - Priest / Mage - Siochain

Lovac

Trainee

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 1:52am

I am not playing RoM so often. 20 mins per day, few days per week.
I am more here on this forum on then in Taborea.

Because of that, my Magic seed is dead!
D-E-A-D.
Poor plant....

And now what?
I've tried to reset the initiating plant quest by abandoning it and applying to the quest again in order to receive that bag with seed, fertilizers and water but nothing happened.
So how the f* I could get my new magic seed?

Children!
Learn on my mistake! Stay next to your screen until that bloody plant grows up. That will cost you 4 hrs of your life. Minimum! And if you mess like me, no turning back!
Or there is....? ;)

PS. I've found a guy over the Auction house, he is selling Magic seeds for 5000 gold per piece. That is blackmail...
..take it easy and enjoy this game..

[img][/img]

Saturday, August 1st 2009, 1:15pm

Quoted

PS. I've found a guy over the Auction house, he is selling Magic seeds for 5000 gold per piece. That is blackmail...
Heh, that would be me =D
I just put them to the AH to see if anyone would be... rich enough to buy them. If that's too expensive for you, go make another char, take on the quest and send the seed to your main char.

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 2:34pm

After my first disaster ( 2 dead plants and 3 lousy demongrass from the living one), I got a better feel for it and the next few times were much better.

Strange thing is, both times I got 10 beet, and 10 tin from the herb and ore, but I still only got 10 ash from the wood plant, and not willow.

All 3 plants were identical health too ( 100% or close ).

sodawillow

Professional

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 6:38pm

This looks funny, at least :)

Gotta try it :)
[DOMINIONS] Fleuow (M60/W50) - 15k MAtt / 15k HP
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 8:24pm

I had some weird results yesterday 10 ash wood and 4 willow from one plant, and 10 demon grass and a dew drop - which gets turned in - in large ammounts for a title change or something. Maybe a custom title? Not looked into it that far as I only have 1 of them.

Monday, August 3rd 2009, 11:44pm

Just did my first set of 5 Plants Herbs (Grass) in Large Mayan Pot. Plants were harvested at about 80% and got 10 mats from each type.

Received 50% down to 30% experience from them on harvesting. At the current rate we should all be hitting planting Level 37 in about 4 weeks.

How many people are going for the dewdrop titles and which plant gives you them?

Anyone want to take a wild stab at the Level 20 Quest for Planting - we all know you will need to grow something... I bet we need to grow X amount of plants to collect X of it.

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 12:28am

are you kidding me? 36 - 48 hours for 10 materials? lol maybe if you have a whole greenhouse full of them it's worth it ... but is that even possible?
M.I.A.

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 2:22am

Disappointed.

Yet another form of grind, minimal returns on time investment philosophy hits another home run.

You can take the MMO out of Taiwan but you can't take the Taiwan out of the MMO, culture-creep is here to stay.

I have seen the future, & it is Grind.
"Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former!" - Albert Einstein

How to Class Balance RoM

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 5:00am

Quoted from "plutoniumk9;887298"

Disappointed.

Yet another form of grind, minimal returns on time investment philosophy hits another home run.

You can take the MMO out of Taiwan but you can't take the Taiwan out of the MMO, culture-creep is here to stay.

I have seen the future, & it is Grind.

Unless the mats get better and the number of mats increases as well over time then you can count this as a :purefail: on what could have be a good resource collection system.

I am going to give it a go until Level 20 and see what happens, just in case they introduce new potions etc that need the mats in a future update...

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 10:44am

Quoted from "DARKMISERy;887369"

Unless the mats get better and the number of mats increases as well over time then you can count this as a :purefail: on what could have be a good resource collection system.

Lvl 7 plants give twice amount on mats (up to 20), still same mats from those.
I expect higher lvl plants will give better mats or even more those low lvl mats.

Quoted from "menasure;887184"

are you kidding me? 36 - 48 hours for 10 materials? lol maybe if you have a whole greenhouse full of them it's worth it ... but is that even possible?

One char can have 5 plants at once, but you can have more chars. Im currently taking care on 32 plants (and propably they all wither due to maintenace :-( )
IGN: Elluna (Knight/Priest) / Arebell (Warden/Scout) - The Factory / Macantacht

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 11:03am

Being realistic, even if you level up to be able to grow lvl 7 plants and get 20 mats per plant, it still takes 2 days and constant going back to house to feed.

How fast could you gather the same amount of materials out in the zones?

This system is totally pointless as far as mat gathering is concerned, its only really of interest for the other factors, like creating furniture plants, or special rewards, and it is just another grindy timesink for little reward.

The maintenance involved in growing with one char is bad enough, its total insanity to do that with multiple chars just to get a bit more mats :)

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 11:06am

fot ppl like me that work and can play only on evening this plant thing its a feature that cant be played/used :(
Synia ~ 55 Priest ~ 53 Mage ~ [EN] Macantacht

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 11:39am

Quoted from "Nighthawke9;887982"

Being realistic, even if you level up to be able to grow lvl 7 plants and get 20 mats per plant, it still takes 2 days and constant going back to house to feed.

Watering 3 times a day is enough to keep plants healthy (not 100% but high enough for good harvesting), but still you need possibility to log in game 3 times.

Quoted

How fast could you gather the same amount of materials out in the zones?

Gathering in the zones is even more boring (planting is not very exciting too) and if there is more ppl gathering in one area it may take long time to gather something.

Quoted

The maintenance involved in growing with one char is bad enough, its total insanity to do that with multiple chars just to get a bit more mats :)

Making new characters only for plants may be not best idea, but if you have some alts already, you can use them to do some planting.
IGN: Elluna (Knight/Priest) / Arebell (Warden/Scout) - The Factory / Macantacht

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 9:08pm

I had another dew drop today from basic herb seed.

Im still getting 10 x each type of plant on return and I have just hit the level 7 seeds next - of which I planted today.

XisGoD

Professional

Tuesday, August 4th 2009, 10:29pm

well i noticed if you care about your plants on a regular basis the plants will grow faster. my plants where ready to harvest in about 1 and a half days also for the first try it got me all the way up to Planting lvl 5. so each harvest/plant got me like 100% experince or so.

ps.: does anyone know what exactly "Lock" does?
HP: 12K - M. Attack: 7.1K / M. Damage: 1.7K (T9) - P. Defense: 4.2K / M. Defense: 5.2K
Deus Dei - (Mage: 55 / Priest: 55)
Magister Mundi Sum!

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 1:07am

I plant in 30 pots (6 chars), water and fertilize twice a day (sometimes three). At lvl 7 I get 600 mats every 36 hours (500 if health is too low). 10-20 minutes of actual taking care of the plants (and some gold) to get 500-600 mats. Planting skill - great idea:clap:

Wednesday, August 5th 2009, 2:33am

If the amount of mats balances the amount of production runes mobs drop, I don't care about it because I am not a CS user for now.

But I really don't like the random mats system, and I begin to suspect that I can not get some higher level normal mats from this plant system after reading this.

Quoted from "elgrum;887896"

Lvl 7 plants give twice amount on mats (up to 20), still same mats from those.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests